PDA

View Full Version : Problem seeding

Aeyen
02-10-2008, 03:47 AM
Hello there! My utorrent seems to be doing fine when downloading,everytime i download, the status color is green , buit when i finish the download, it just becomes yellow and the connection becomes very frail, upload speed is only at 1.2kb/s and the maximum i could get is 3.2kbps which is really sad, and when seeding the status color is yellow.. I think I properly have configured ZA since I followed and did exactly as what portforward.com says. Help please:cry:

broomhead
02-10-2008, 04:22 AM
Check if the tracker is showing you as connectable or not. Maybe you messed with a setting?

peat moss
02-10-2008, 04:22 AM
Za is almost idiot proof but not a firewall I would recomemd . Are you on a private tracker or you have problems uploading ? By that I mean are you sharing a public tracker or just trying to keep a good ratio .

Disabling DHT and all the options related may help but its a fine line as thats what sharing is all about . A little more info would be appreciated tho .

Aeyen
02-10-2008, 04:44 AM
Za is almost idiot proof but not a firewall I would recomemd . Are you on a private tracker or you have problems uploading ? By that I mean are you sharing a public tracker or just trying to keep a good ratio .

Disabling DHT and all the options related may help but its a fine line as thats what sharing is all about . A little more info would be appreciated tho .

I am using both, I want to increase my ratios too and at the same time I donwload at public sites and upload.

What is DHT? And for the other one who asked, I think I messed up somewhere :P

Thanks guys :D I'm truly touched :cry:

peat moss
02-10-2008, 04:51 AM
Your touched ? I don't think so , someone who whats to improve their upload ? What a silly concept and surprised you got so little help beside Broomhead and me .

I'm used to the "How can I increase my down load speed "...... nice change very uplifting .

1000possibleclaws
02-10-2008, 04:56 AM
it sounds like a port forward issue because when you're downloading from the swarm you can upload but once you're finished you cannot.

peat moss
02-10-2008, 05:06 AM
DHT is a protocol for sharing on public trackers , most private tracker's should disable by default when a uploader first shares a torrent .

Not all do, so if trying to keep a good ratio its something I would disable thru options in Utorrent . But its a mute point if your not connected as Broomhead and TSO L asked .

Aeyen
02-10-2008, 05:07 AM
it sounds like a port forward issue because when you're downloading from the swarm you can upload but once you're finished you cannot.

That's exactly my problem. But i did things CORRECTLY. But using canyouseeme.org , it says that I'm not yet forwarded properly, any tips?

peat moss
02-10-2008, 05:13 AM
Ah fuck I give up , why the proxy ?

SgtMajor
02-10-2008, 05:13 AM

That's exactly my problem. But i did things CORRECTLY. But using canyouseeme.org , it says that I'm not yet forwarded properly, any tips?

Turn off your firewall for 2 minutes (and your XP/vista firewall if enabled) then try testing again.

Try narrowing down what is wrong before constructive advice can be given.

grimms
02-10-2008, 05:17 AM
when you turn off your firewall make sure your firefox or ie browser is closed as well. Just so a nasty virus doesn't get in. It happened to me recently had a svchost.exe at 100% cpu usage issue.

ifkstab
02-10-2008, 05:30 AM
you don't have comcast do you?

SgtMajor
02-10-2008, 05:37 AM
when you turn off your firewall make sure your firefox or ie browser is closed as well. Just so a nasty virus doesn't get in. It happened to me recently had a svchost.exe at 100% cpu usage issue.

More than likely your windows svchost file going through the OS updating check, turn it off or just kill the process.

Aeyen
02-10-2008, 07:29 AM
you don't have comcast do you?

totally no comcast here :D

More than likely your windows svchost file going through the OS updating check, turn it off or just kill the process.

How do I turn it off?

grimms
02-10-2008, 07:56 AM

Yes when you kill the process it disables about 10 different vital services (sound for one)that run in windows. I found that out using process explorer xp. My only solution unfortunately was to do a system restore. Even after "disabling automatic updates" and "notify me before you download automatic updates" A nasty bug got into my system. Aeyen just take bits and pieces from all are posts. If you need any more help, just post in here, or you can pm me and probably everyone in here who has posted a reply.

How do I turn it off?

Don't, it's not your issue. I don't think. unless your computer is running dreadfully slow, then it could be if you right click on your taskbar and select taskmanager or press control + alt + delete, look at processes and see if svchost is using anywhere near 50-97% of your cpu usage.

Aeyen
02-10-2008, 10:01 AM

Yes when you kill the process it disables about 10 different vital services (sound for one)that run in windows. I found that out using process explorer xp. My only solution unfortunately was to do a system restore. Even after "disabling automatic updates" and "notify me before you download automatic updates" A nasty bug got into my system. Aeyen just take bits and pieces from all are posts. If you need any more help, just post in here, or you can pm me and probably everyone in here who has posted a reply.

How do I turn it off?

Don't, it's not your issue. I don't think. unless your computer is running dreadfully slow, then it could be if you right click on your taskbar and select taskmanager or press control + alt + delete, look at processes and see if svchost is using anywhere near 50-97% of your cpu usage.

But would doing system restore remove my firewall settings?

Also, thank you soo much for the support and for helping me ever since I was new here at FST :D

athenaesword
02-10-2008, 11:13 AM
at this point i really think you shouldn't worry so much about your firewall settings. afterall, it's relatively painless to setup, except perhaps for the first few days. have you tried turning ZA off like a few have suggested?

popcop23
02-10-2008, 11:25 AM
mabey there isnt enough lichers...

Aeyen
02-11-2008, 07:36 AM
There are ALOT of leechers, and I tried turning ZA off, nothing works, I even tried at some point of time disabling all firewalls and security programs (even windows firewall) and nothing even worked...