PDA

View Full Version : My what.cd account just got disabled and i have no clue why.

grimms
02-10-2008, 03:51 AM
I need someones help. Do not have a clue why my what.cd account has been disabled. I did nothing wrong according to my knowledge. I seed, upload, and follow all the rules on my account. If someone could go to their IRC on my behalf that would be great.

join #what.cd-disabled on irc.what.cd

They have forbidden me from access to their irc channel. I was just logged on about an hour ago. Thanks.

<grimms> Hi i'm just trying to figure out why my account just got disabled?
<grimms> I'm very active and good user and contribute alot to the tracker
<grimms> Sorry my username is grimms
<&WhatMan> Hi, grimms.

<&WhatMan> Would you like to fancy a guess as to why you were disabled?
<&WhatMan> Come on, I bet you can guess.

<&WhatMan> Would you like to fancy a guess as to why you were disabled?
<&WhatMan> Come on, I bet you can guess.

<@dblaze> Hi GetRich986, this is our waiting room for disabled users. If you've not

already done so, please state your username, and wait for a moderator. You will be

asked to join another room.
<grimms> I been a member for awhile and contributed alot to the site i really don't

know

<@dblaze> grimms please join #what.cd-disabled-interview now
<%NightOath> grimms: I have no access to any kind of mod logs and i can guess...
<GetRich986> hi dblaze i jus come to look around :)
<GetRich986> how can i get in general?

<grimms> How do i do that? I'm a little new at mirc i'm sorry?
<@dblaze> in general, one gets invited
<@dblaze> grimms: you're there
<@dblaze> GetRich986: this isn't the place for that, our invite channel is closed. get

an invite from someone who is already a member. if you get it on a published board, we

will disable your account
<grimms> All i know is that i'm a great user, i seed, and follow rules, so i'm alittle

clueless righ tnow.
<@dblaze> let me know when you read all that
<@dblaze> grimms: other channel
<GetRich986> oh ok sorry

<@dblaze> Hi mp3live, this is our waiting room for disabled users. If you've not

already done so, please state your username, and wait for a moderator. You will be

asked to join another room.
<&WhatMan> Alright, grimms, we can just have this discussion here, if you prefer.
<&WhatMan> Did you read the homepage today?
<@dblaze> mp3live please join #what.cd-disabled-interview now
<&WhatMan> *sigh*
<grimms> Yes about invites, i stopped doing public giveaways awhile ago due to the new

strict rules and even have encouraged people on forums that i'm known to be to stop

giving them away in public
<grimms> i'm a good user on all my accounts
<@dblaze> all?
<%NightOath> grimms: strict new rules?
<&WhatMan> *Ahem*
<&WhatMan> These rules have been here since day one.

<&WhatMan> dblaze: !tban mp3live 1m is pretty useful.
<@dblaze> does it kick too?
<%NightOath> Should do
<&WhatMan> No, just ban. I believe.
<&WhatMan> It's a one minute timed ban.
<@dblaze> ah
<@dblaze> I'll fix my shit soon
<&WhatMan> grimms: Looking at your FST profile, I see you're giving away invites to a

lot of other sites that don't like their invites being given out.
<@dblaze> it's just to keep to room clear for grimms, since he can't seem to join

another channel
<&WhatMan> In fact, it's pretty insane.
<&WhatMan> Rules:
<&WhatMan> No pm
<&WhatMan> No trader account takers or acc givers
<&WhatMan> 1 good ratio proof
<&WhatMan> 30 posts minimum
<&WhatMan> I do check post history
<&WhatMan> And really - those aren't exactly the most stellar rules I've ever read.
<grimms> Yea i have noticed tha lately and have toned down on my invite giving. But

since i lost a very good account this one. I won't be giving invites out to anybody

anymore. I do make sure their good users though i don't like traders or cheaters
<@dblaze> grimms: basicly, you're trying to fuck us
<grimms> Would love to have my account back but if that is not possible. I would just

like to thank you for your time

<&WhatMan> Hang on a sec, grimms. I'm going to check your account activity.
<@dblaze> well, lemme see what I can do...
<&WhatMan> Any particular reason why you stopped seeding all your torrents yesterday?
<grimms> I don't fuck anyone. I'm a good trusted user, but have noticed alot of

trackers not wanting their invites given in public so i toned down alot but now i won't

be giving any invites away. I really value my what.cd account.
<@dblaze> good of you to notice
<grimms> I'm been having some connection problems lately especially with utorrent 1.7.7

but i leave my torrents seeded my computer never goes off

<&WhatMan> Nevermind got it to work edit your host files take the earlier fix out and

put this url announce in all your torrents
<&WhatMan> http://tracker.what.cd:34000/6f5f528e31c8613208b8b4512b343bfd/announce
<&WhatMan> </quote>
<&WhatMan> Do you realize what you did there?
<&WhatMan> You told everyone to use your passkey.
<@dblaze> ug
<grimms> Huh?
<&WhatMan> This isn't relevant, just amusing.
<@dblaze> yeah, exactly. huh? is right
<@LogicalUser> that passkey is what identifies you as YOU, to the tracker
<@LogicalUser> anyone using that announce URL's stats count to your account :P
<grimms> So what did i do wrong then? Now i'm confused. I changed my what.cd announce

while ago cause iw as trying to make a point and help someone out but then someone

pm'med saying i gave out a my passkey. So then i changed it. That was like 3 months ago
<&WhatMan> As I said, it isn't relevant. Just amusing.
<grimms> So even if you change your passkey someone can still use your old one? It was

a mistake i was trying to help someone out and accidently put my passkey but then

changed mines immediately after i got a pm from a member.
<&WhatMan> grimms: Here, want to strike a deal?
<&WhatMan> I'll re-enable your account, (with invites disabled, of course).

<grimms> Thats fine. I have no problem with that.
<&WhatMan> However, in return, you must delete/edit all your giveaway threads for any

tracker, vow never to give away another invite in public, and confess to the staff of

every tracker you've ever given invites away on.
<&WhatMan> (If you don't, we'll just give your info to them anyways, so it's much

better for you to come clean.)
<grimms> You can do what you want. Fst is a public forum for all to see. I help good

trusted users out. I'm not a trader or a scammer. I feel like your treating me as such.
<&WhatMan> The reason we have an invites system is so that we have a chain of trust.
<&WhatMan> When you invite anyone who can fake a ratio screenshot, you break that

chain.
<grimms> I'm a very trust worthy user. I'm aware of that but what i usually do is pm

them ont he tracker that they claim to be a member of and i also ask for a direct

rpofile link i'm very strict in my giveaway's
<grimms> i know about trust i come from the street literally
<grimms> ever heard of the no snitching campaign even though the virtual and office

world are different. I know about trust my friend
<@dblaze> Terror_ please join #what.cd-disabled-interview now
<&WhatMan> This doesn't change your situation. You have two choices. Choice one (come

clean) or choice two (blacklist). What'll it be?

<grimms> How do i copy and poaste this whole conversation i'll present to the world no

problem.
<grimms> I have nothing to hide

<&WhatMan> So, that's choice two then?
<&WhatMan> You have ten seconds to change your mind.

Then i got kicked out or disconnected. There you go folks. Now i will no longer be inviting anyone anywhere thanks to my what.cd account being disabled. I also was trying to explain to them when i accidently gave out my passkey months ago that it was due to trying to help someone with announces and creating torrents(Actually it was when they had the host file issue, I thought i was for helping a member create a torrent, sorry about that). I copy and pasted my passkey it was months ago, then i got a pm from a member saying i put my announce key on public display in a forum (this is when they had a dns issue from switching servers)and i deleted my passkey that day. Now there accusing me of being dishonest as well for doing public giveaway's everyone look at my giveaway post history i'm extremely strict and follow the rules. I just happened to overlook the rule on what.cd invites being given out but then stopped a month ago or so. But anyways my problem got solved and i lost a good account. Being helpful is not always a good thing. This is leasson to all you folks on here doing public giveaway's read the faq and rules

1000possibleclaws
02-10-2008, 03:59 AM
wow these what.cd bans are getting ridiculous.. I'll try getting on that irc

Cabalo
02-10-2008, 04:01 AM
could the cause be innactivity ?

1000possibleclaws
02-10-2008, 04:02 AM
well he was just on a second ago changing his stylesheets, so i doubt that. anyways i've gotten onto irc.what.cd but your second command isnt working

Nemrod
02-10-2008, 04:08 AM
Have you given some invite lately?

They are very strict about giving invites in boards like this. No matter the way you do or how demanding you are about requirements, give an invite in a public place is immediate ban.

We've been very happy to open invites again, but we're still seeing invites being given out publicly to people the inviter doesn't personally know. This breaks the chain of trust you get from inviting people you know or have thoroughly interviewed. Inviting people on public forums via trades or "giveaways" will result in your account and the account of your invitee being disabled. Please only invite people you trust to the site.

broomhead
02-10-2008, 04:17 AM
yeah, they recently made an announcement talking about how serious they will be about receiving invites randomly from forums like this

grimms
02-10-2008, 04:25 AM
How do i copy and paste the text from mirc? I'm talking to them now?

stoi
02-10-2008, 04:26 AM
just highlight it, it auto copies it.

grimms
02-10-2008, 04:27 AM
It doesn't let me scroll down when i highlight it

They banned me for doing public giveaway's to their tracker in the past and others. So now they threathened to let the other trackers know that i did giveaway's i don't give a shit i have nothing to hide. I just want to post the whole convo in here

never mind thanks stoi

th0r
02-10-2008, 04:31 AM
another reason why waffles.fm is so much better than what.cd

broomhead
02-10-2008, 04:32 AM
hmm what.cd staff are usualy very nice. I guess they've been stressed lately

stoi
02-10-2008, 04:34 AM
well if you wanted to do that, you should have enabled logs in your client.

only other way is to copy 1 "page", paste it, scroll down, copy another "page" paste it etc etc

1000possibleclaws
02-10-2008, 04:41 AM
grimms, you should use a different username when you sign up to these kind of trackers.. it would avoid all that drama. i read your irc convo, and it looks like you didnt get the acct back? it ends on the cliffhanger of the 'story' lol

grimms
02-10-2008, 04:43 AM
They banned me before i could respond but thats cool. Unfortunately i can no longer help people with invites only good advice. I try and respect and honor all the rules on my accounts but i guess it wasn't good enough for what.cd. I felt they were being bitter about it after trying to explain and defend myself at the same time. I'm such a noob on mirc also.

Cabalo
02-10-2008, 05:26 AM
They banned me before i could respond but thats cool. Unfortunately i can no longer help people with invites only good advice. I try and respect and honor all the rules on my accounts but i guess it wasn't good enough for what.cd. I felt they were being bitter about it after trying to explain and defend myself at the same time. I'm such a noob on mirc also.
no, that's not the lesson to retain here:

rule of thumb: never EVER use the same nickname u use here at trackers. Even if you are a good member at the tracker, you will always be looked upon.

and now a question: why can't u any longer help people here? you chose nr2 on the conversation, so u got banned from one tracker. so what? they don't rule your life.

... or do they?

t0mmy
02-10-2008, 05:38 AM
and thats the luck of the draw, you just got some bad luck to get picked out

grimms
02-10-2008, 05:40 AM
Cabalo with invites. I respect rules my friend. I'm not scared(trust me i'm the rebellious type)but what.cd is a tracker, and i happened to overlook a very important rule and do feel as though it is their right to take action. they did. unfortunately I lost a very good valued account in the process. I also won't be doing giveaway's for the safety of my other accounts(they threatened to blacklist me, i take threats seriously). I will gladly help people with any advice, tips, suggestions. Unfortunately i won't be doing any more public giveaway's. Not cause i feel like the users here are(well so are) but due to the saftey and security of various trackers. Trackers are starting to come down harder and harder on users offering their invites and i don't want to feel anymore heat. I worked very hard to obtain the trackers i have. When i signed up here i was new to bt, plus i don't have any dishonest intentions. I like to help good people, i know i can come down tough on people at times but it's just for the good of the community. I'm far from perfect but just want to help. Just can't with invites in public.

Edit: also i have offered other invites to sites that are now stern on members that give their invites out in public. So for me to be 100% percent sue and safe, i will no longer do any public giveaway's. That means the bittorrent invite section.

and thats the luck of the draw, you just got some bad luck to get picked out

True. i can own up to the music though thats why i posted my exact mirc chat with them. I'm such a noob with mirc. I don't have anything bad to say about them though, i breached a rule and am paying for it (sucks too).

The Wanderer
02-10-2008, 06:00 AM
I fully agree. Never had a slightest problem with them, always very helpful and nice guys.

hmm what.cd staff are usualy very nice.

But never EVER use the same username at all the trackers. It's not only about that you can easily be tracked down but most important is a matter of security of your accounts.

1000possibleclaws
02-10-2008, 06:06 AM
well i use the same username on most trackers, it's just forums that I'll pick something different.. It's not like all the private trackers' admin's are best friends and will gang up on you..

grimms
02-10-2008, 06:08 AM
Yea i'm learning the hard way. This is the thanks i get for trying to be helpful i guess(once again though i accept the consequences, rules are rules). I just know not the help people in public(That i is a good user).

well i use the same username on most trackers, it's just forums that I'll pick something different.. It's not like all the private trackers' admin's are best friends and will gang up on you..

Never know you'll be surprised. Alot of the admins and mods know each other it's a very small world my friend.

willsmith099
02-10-2008, 06:37 AM
another reason why waffles.fm is so much better than what.cd

lol won't waffles ban u when u are doing public giveaways :O

grimms
02-10-2008, 06:39 AM
lol won't waffles ban u when u are doing public giveaways :O

I'm afraid so willsmith099. I would refrain from doing any waffles or what.cd giveaway's in public. You can use me as a prime example, from this point on.

fOrUmAs
02-10-2008, 06:45 AM
this @dblaze is really smart ass,he was really annoying and all the time he wanted to piss u and what is most importent he didint try to help u at all...

if &WhatMan havent been there u probably will been kicked a lot sooner that this..

also u have done good decision and i would do the same,no one need to tell u what will u do with your invites..

;)

and yea from what i have seen waffles is far better then kids on whatcd

grimms
02-10-2008, 07:32 AM
Thanks man. I just try to help. Ignored alot of the stuff they spewed at me. They were a bit harsh, but have every right to rule as they see fit. It's their tracker, not mines, i was just a user.