PDA

View Full Version : Help Me Please

JONNO_CELEBS
07-31-2003, 09:51 PM
This may gross some of you out but I am deadly serious here.

I have a problem when brushing my teeth.

Every morning for more years than I care to remember, I brush my teeth and it makes me gag :( Some mornings I actually thro up (sorry) then have to brush them again :(

This is weird don't you think??

Does anyone know why this is or do you know anyone this happens too????

Sorry to ask but even the doc can't give me an answer :angry: usless **** :angry:

Cheers Guys, sorry for the weird thread.

Jonno B)

mutterings
07-31-2003, 09:54 PM
nope not wierd i have same problem...its the minty flavour....some twat thinks that it tastes goood!!!!i have no cure apart from using no toothpaste just brush em dry! :huh: for as long as haletosis...i mean possible :blink:

Lilmiss
euch! ;)
i think it may be a smokers thing.
i gag when brushing my tounge. :blink:

ThunderBolt>>>
yes Jonno, as i live in the same house with you, it does become a worry as the noises you make! :x
But you must cleen your teeth as you do get smelly after eating the danish blue and black pudding.

Bender
07-31-2003, 09:58 PM
You can get yourself used to it by brushing your tongue as well, getting further backwards everytime.

Concider it as a good deep throat training. :lol:

Did I just say that? :blink:

J'Pol
07-31-2003, 09:59 PM
Happened to a mate of mine. Particularly when he brushed his back teeth. I have heard it happen and it was very distressing for him.

It sounds like a laugh but it really affected his life badly.

Have you tried rinsing your mouth with mouthwash and then brushing them with a wet brush.

Sorry I can't offer you any real help, but you do have my sympathy.

It may be worth talking to an orthodontist, I am sure they are aware of the problem and can give you some helpful advice.

the_faceman
07-31-2003, 09:59 PM
i think it's probably pretty unusual, if it's a flavour thing, change to a different flavour of toothpaste, you can get kids stuff that tastes like strawberries and other various fruits.

I could understand it more if it's when you brush you're tongue when it gets a bit furry, as that would kick the gag reflex in. i do sometimes when i brush my tongue, but only when i go too far back.

If all else fails, use a clean flannel to "wipe" your teeth, then use a mouthwash. not very efficient, but better than nothing.

*edit* my friend has one of those toothbrushes that you don't actually use a brushing motion much, as it has sonar or ultrasound (something along those lines anyways - in the "wave" form) to gently break the plaque apart, then you rinse with a mouthwash.

JONNO_CELEBS
07-31-2003, 10:17 PM
Thanks Guys :)

I need to point a couple of things out tho

1-it's not the flavour

2-It does happen when I brush my tounge, but it's also started to happen just before I start brushing, I think it's now getting phycological, cos I sometimes start gaging before I even pick up the brush :(

3-I don't just gag once, I have to concentrate all the way thru to stop myself :(

@Bender... :lol: :lol: :lol: Love the way the only silly comment is from a mod :lol: :lol: Nice one :lol:

Jonno B)

J'Pol
07-31-2003, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@31 July 2003 - 23:17
Thanks Guys :)

I need to point a couple of things out tho

1-it's not the flavour

2-It does happen when I brush my tounge, but it's also started to happen just before I start brushing, I think it's now getting phycological, cos I sometimes start gaging before I even pick up the brush :(

3-I don't just gag once, I have to concentrate all the way thru to stop myself :(

@Bender... :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Love the way the only silly comment is from a mod :lol:  :lol:  Nice one :lol:

Jonno B)
This may be "off the wall" but I know you are an open minded sort of dude.

Have you considered hypnotherapy, particularly if the problem is partially psychosomatic.

Again, I am sure that a reputable hypnotherapist would have dealt with this before.

It's not as uncommon as you may think, Phil was just like you.

Try a search on the web for local practitioners, or ask your quack, they will know one.

Lamsey
07-31-2003, 10:30 PM
looooooook Jonno

http://www.kelsen.de/jovalli/optical.gif

JONNO_CELEBS
07-31-2003, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by JPaul@31 July 2003 - 22:25

This may be "off the wall" but I know you are an open minded sort of dude.

Have you considered hypnotherapy, particularly if the problem is partially psychosomatic.

Again, I am sure that a reputable hypnotherapist would have dealt with this before.

Try a search on the web for local practitioners, or ask your quack, they will know one.
I asked for suggetions, and that is! TY :) I never thought about that, but that sort of thing creeps me out, would you want to get inside my head? :blink:

That's quite a worrying thought :blink:
but then again, I'm gonna say something quite worrying now........I also sometimes gag when I'm out, like when I'm in a pub about to take a drink, I try to hide it by doing that grin thing, but I'm sure people notice :(

I dunno, maybe it is a psycho thing :(

You all gonna stop talking to me now ar'nt you :( Think I'm odd :blink: :lol:

Jonno B)

the_faceman
07-31-2003, 10:32 PM

:P That reminds me of that Frontier Psychiatrist song by The Avalanches.

That boy needs therapy (psychosomatic),
That boy needs therapy, (purely psychosomatic),
That boy needs therapy,
Lie down on the couch, (what does that mean)?
You're a nut! You're crazy in the coconut!
What does that mean? (That boy needs therapy),
I'm gonna kill you, (that boy needs therapy),
Ranagazoo, let's have a tune,
And when I count three,
That... that... that.. boy.. boy needs therapy,
He was white as a sheet, and he also made false teeth.

those false teeth will be handy if you don't solve the problem.

not that you're crazy or anything Jonno. ;)

*edit* Lamsey, have you done that thing from a few years back, where you stare at a larger version of the Pinwheel for about 30 seconds, then you look at the back of your hand to find it's moving like the stomach-ripper from Alien is itching to get out?

Rocktron
07-31-2003, 10:37 PM
It was a phycological thing from the start Jonno.
Just think back and try to remember when it first occured. It must come from somewhere right?

Gagging is a natural process from the body as you know when something is not right, IT throws up.
But you are doing it yourself, your thoughts control your body in this case.
So you must find a way to train that..
A sort of baby steps proces if you like.

Think.. the answer is there already, you just don't know it yet.

JONNO_CELEBS
07-31-2003, 10:38 PM
Yeah thanks Lamsey :rolleyes: That's very helpful :rolleyes: :P

You're just jelous :P

I knew the mods would pounce on me for making a serious thread :lol: :lol:
It's to get back at me for hijacking threads :blink: :lol: :lol:

Jonno B)

Lamsey
07-31-2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS@31 July 2003 - 23:38
I knew the mods would pounce on me for making a serious thread :lol: :lol:
It's to get back at me for hijacking threads :blink: :lol: :lol:
:D

FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
07-31-2003, 10:42 PM
Wait untell you lose a few teeth in the back and have open nerves and you will really hate brushing your teeth.Fuck I hate it.

You are eating lets say a Doritto and the edge of the Chip hits that nerve...fuck it hurts.

J'Pol
07-31-2003, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by Rocktron@31 July 2003 - 23:37
Just think back and try to remember when it first occured. It must come from somewhere right?

Gagging is a natural process from the body as you know when something is not right, IT throws up.

Think.. the answer is there already, you just don't know it yet.
No offence to Rock, who I am sure has the best of intentions.

However I would speak to a professional.

the_faceman
07-31-2003, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by JPaul+31 July 2003 - 23:47--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JPaul @ 31 July 2003 - 23:47)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Rocktron@31 July 2003 - 23:37

Think.. the answer is there already, you just don&#39;t know it yet.
No offence to Rock, who I am sure has the best of intentions.

However I would speak to a professional. [/b][/quote]
what? one of these guys?

http://www3.sympatico.ca/harrytm/ladspic.jpg

i&#39;m sorry :">

J'Pol
07-31-2003, 10:52 PM
Brushing teeth often stimulates the gag reflect and many moms-to-be find that they vomit during or after brushing. You may decide to try an electric toothbrush.

Seriously.

J'Pol
07-31-2003, 10:54 PM
If your child gags or vomits, you will have to let go to turn his/her head to the side to prevent saliva, toothbrush foam, and/or vomit from being inhaled into the lungs. However, once the gagging and vomiting has stopped, go back to continue brushing. DO NOT teach your child that gagging or vomiting will relieve him/her of the need to brush.

the_faceman
07-31-2003, 10:54 PM
or one of those one&#39;s that use the waves (wish i could remember exactly what kind they use) but they require less brushing action.

Ron
07-31-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@1 August 2003 - 00:42
You are eating lets say a Doritto and the edge of the Chip hits that nerve...fuck it hurts.
Nothing a sixpack of Colt45 won&#39;t solve though...

JONNO_CELEBS
07-31-2003, 11:00 PM
Nah, thinking about it now, it happens most when brushing, but it also happens randomly too, my m8s just take the piss and say I must be pregnant (got that in before any of you could)

It really bugs me, it started about.......8 or 9 years ago and has got progressivly worse :( I don&#39;t know what to do, pull all my f***ing teeth out and stay indoors I reckon :(

@Funky, my dad has that prob :(

Jonno B)

the_faceman
07-31-2003, 11:01 PM
Jonno, check this out Sonicare QP3 Sonic Toothbrush (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000050AUC/103-0239959-5666245?v=glance)

UK Version Philips Sonicare (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00008PS6T/ref=sr_aps_kitchen_1_1/202-2726035-6835010)

J'Pol
07-31-2003, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by the_faceman@31 July 2003 - 23:54
or one of those one&#39;s that use the waves (wish i could remember exactly what kind they use) but they require less brushing action.
Sonic - not hedgehog.

Everose
07-31-2003, 11:34 PM
Just wondering, Jonno....do you have any other problems, like sometimes the sensation of food stuck in your throat and not going on down right? Any heartburn? Just kind of wondering about GERD, it seems to me you are leaning over the sink to brush your teeth and possibly tilting forward to drink your beer?

Do you think it could be when you lean forward in a certain way instead of the actual task at hand?

Like JPaul said.....you need to get this checked out. I have read that smoking lowers your gag threshold, as was stated previously.

Take Care of yourself&#33;&#33;&#33;

Neverose

JONNO_CELEBS
07-31-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Neverose@31 July 2003 - 23:34
Just wondering, Jonno....do you have any other problems, like sometimes the sensation of food stuck in your throat and not going on down right? Any heartburn? Just kind of wondering about GERD, it seems to me you are leaning over the sink to brush your teeth and possibly tilting forward to drink your beer?

Do you think it could be when you lean forward in a certain way instead of the actual task at hand?

Like JPaul said.....you need to get this checked out. I have read that smoking lowers your gag threshold, as was stated previously.

Take Care of yourself&#33;&#33;&#33;

Neverose
Yes, I get a lot of heart burn, go thru a pack of renie a week, but I just figure that was cos I eat crap and drink :blink:
Come to think of it, that started about the same time, I remember cos it used to be when I went to get a pasty at tea break :blink:

Now I&#39;m really confused :blink: , what is GERD, I&#39;ve heard of it but don&#39;t know what it is, as for the lean factor, it might be but I doubt it cos it is quite random and sometimes happens when I sing :blink:

As for smoking, I did&#39;nt know that, and considering I started smoking a week before my 11th b-day (regret that) I have smoked quite a lot for my age :blink:

Jonno B)

Lamsey
07-31-2003, 11:42 PM
A good healthy diet will help you with a lot of things in life, especially your mind.

Malnutrition is one of the biggest causes of depression.

You might want to keep this in mind.

Everose
07-31-2003, 11:48 PM
Neverose
Yes, I get a lot of heart burn, go thru a pack of renie a week, but I just figure that was cos I eat crap and drink :blink:
Come to think of it, that started about the same time, I remember cos it used to be when I went to get a pasty at tea break :blink:

Now I&#39;m really confused :blink: , what is GERD, I&#39;ve heard of it but don&#39;t know what it is, as for the lean factor, it might be but I doubt it cos it is quite random and sometimes happens when I sing :blink:

As for smoking, I did&#39;nt know that, and considering I started smoking a week before my 11th b-day (regret that) I have smoked quite a lot for my age :blink:

Jonno B) [/QUOTE]
Beer, pizza, spicy things, caffeine, chocolate will all make it flare up. Gastro-esophogall Reflux Disease. I may not have the disease name just exactly right, but you have all the symptoms. You need to get to a Dr, tell them what is going on.

They will put you on Prevacid or a tablet that you take once a day that lines your stomach and reduces swelling. If you don&#39;t get it taken care of........well, you need to get it taken care of so you can still drink beer. ;-)

Everose
07-31-2003, 11:49 PM
Do you also wake up at night sometimes coughing?

JONNO_CELEBS
08-01-2003, 12:00 AM
@Lamsey.......Do I really look malnutritioned??.........Do I really sound depressed? :rolleyes:

@Neverose.....Yes, in the night but I think that&#39;s more to do with smoking ;)
And you are really starting to worry me?? :unsure: Seriously :unsure:

Jonno B)

the_faceman
08-01-2003, 12:05 AM
i still think you should check out this toothbrush. in fact everyone should. at the low, low price of £64.97 Philips Sonicare (http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00008PS6T/ref=sr_aps_kitchen_1_1/202-2726035-6835010)

just look what this guy had to say about it :)

Sonicare toothbrush, 27 April, 2003
Reviewer: ianbu from sawbridgeworth, hertfordshire United Kingdom
It leaves you with a super clean feel for about 12hours or longer. I have recommended this to my friends with halitosis with good results. Compared to Braun 3D this is GENTLER on your gums and gives you longer lasting results. Similar to how a dentist cleans your teeth on principle (uses ultrasound waves).The charge usually lasts for a fortnight so you don’t need to take the charger when on holiday.
If you have used the OralB cross action(probably the best manual toothbrush)-this is one that is many times better-smoother, more powerful etc., Leaves you with a fresh different feeling than anyother toothbrush. Give it a try this is a great product.
Drawbacks-makes you drool, slightly bulky.
Compared to taking a dentist home its not a lot of money&#33;
You could say I’m slightly obsessed with dental hygiene.

ok, so i&#39;m getting paid by Philips. I&#39;m a sell-out, i&#39;m sorry :">

Drawbacks-makes you drool

just noticed that. i forgot my friend said they do that too. still, who doesn&#39;t love some drool in the morning/night.

Everose
08-01-2003, 12:12 AM
I don&#39;t mean to worry you Jonno. A lot of people have this....my son included. He developed it when single, not eating right and enjoying his beers. ;-) He also chewed tobacco at that time.

You will live ;) It is just your quality of life that you need to get treated. Losing sleep because you have acid reflux coming back up in your throat when you recline doesn&#39;t help anything. Plus, if you take a lot of antacids, that really isn&#39;t good either, because it actually lowers the enzymes you need to digest your food, and actually makes things worse. (food sits in your stomach longer and you get it trying to come back up when you recline)

If you keep letting it go untreated, the acid causes scar tissue in the esophogas and eventually that builds up and they have to go in with a scope and stretch things out a bit. I would think if yours is that bad at this point, you would be having a real hard time getting food down.

So the reason I am telling you this is I don&#39;t want to see you get to that point. Just go to the Dr., tell him your symtoms ........

Go into google and type in GERD. You can read all about it there, okay? And don&#39;t lose any sleep over it........you are losing enough already, right? ;)

Please go get it checked out, Jonno.

Neverose

JONNO_CELEBS
08-01-2003, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Neverose@1 August 2003 - 00:12

Please go get it checked out, Jonno.

Neverose
Thanks Dude, that&#39;s really helpful :)

Nice one :)

Jonno B)

Everose
08-01-2003, 01:01 AM
No problem, Jonno. Keep us posted and take care.

Proper Bo
08-01-2003, 01:08 AM
Did I miss another whole damn thread with lots of possibilities of piss taking again?&#33; :(
Awwwww
/me must stop watching so many programmes about bikes

chalkmongoose
I&#39;d actually go with the deep throat suggestion. It&#39;s the same training that a girl has to go through so she can deep throat guys.
Just use a tongue depressor, and insert it constantly into your throat. First tickle the tip of your tongue, and then go slowly inwards... I wouldn&#39;t go and try things like bananas, as you aren&#39;t going to be deep throating anyone, just brushing your teeth.

Proper Bo
You never know with jonno&#33; :lol:

hobbes
08-01-2003, 01:18 AM
Jonno,

You have an overactive glosso-(tongue) pharngeal (throat)nerve. Try to avoid touching the side and top of your mouth when brushing, as well as the tongue. Keep the brush on the teeth.

This is start, more later as necessary. The "deep throat" approach can help your throat to acclimate to "deep" penetration so that you can safely get those wisdom teeth.

lynx
08-01-2003, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by lilmiss@31 July 2003 - 22:54
euch&#33; ;)
i think it may be a smokers thing.
i gag when brushing my tounge. :blink:
I think lilmiss has got it right.

I used to suffer exactly the same, gave up smoking 3 years ago, the gagging when brushing teeth went away too, and I hardly ever have to brush my tongue now either.

Everose
08-01-2003, 01:53 AM
Hopefully he finds out what is going on. That&#39;s the important thing.....for Jonno to be that serious.....I think it must have been going on for some time.

Skweeky
08-01-2003, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by Bender@31 July 2003 - 22:58
You can get yourself used to it by brushing your tongue as well, getting further backwards everytime.

I can brush my tongue all the way back in my throat

Rocktron
08-01-2003, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by Skweeky@1 August 2003 - 06:31
I can brush my tongue all the way back in my throat [/quote]
Right right.. but that takes some sort of special learning proces i guess? :blink: :P

JONNO_CELEBS
08-01-2003, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Skweeky+1 August 2003 - 05:31--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Skweeky @ 1 August 2003 - 05:31)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Bender@31 July 2003 - 22:58

I can brush my tongue all the way back in my throat [/b][/quote]
You guys are just as bad as each other :rolleyes:

Dirty dirty people :blink:

Can I cum ;) Join in B)

I think I&#39;ll have to read something to clense my mind......................ummmm..........Nikki&#39;s naughty pics thread looks interesting :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jonno B)

lynx
08-01-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Balamm
Nitrogen, Refrigerated Liquid

Health
Effects:
Inhalation: May cause suffocation by displacing the oxygen in the air. Exposure to oxygen-deficient atmospheres may cause dizziness, nausea, vomiting, diminished mental alertness, loss of consciousness, and death. It should be recognized that collapse and asphyxiation may occur without experiencing any of the above symptoms. Prolonged breathing of very cold atmospheres can cause lung damage and hypothermia.

Your toothbrush is obviously giving off liquid nitrogen.

Edit: That&#39;s what comes of being so cool B)

JONNO_CELEBS
08-01-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by lynx@1 August 2003 - 10:17

Your toothbrush is obviously giving off liquid nitrogen.

Edit: That&#39;s what comes of being so cool B)
B) How you doin&#39; B)

Male/female???............awwww who cares :P :D

The more you lot keep telling me that, the more I have to switch up the heating :blink: Damn I am Icy B)

Jonno B)