PDA

View Full Version : Should we continue giveaways?

F3n1x
02-10-2008, 10:11 AM
After read grimms thread, i don't know what is correct do, in the giveaways i try select good users (no traders, check him history.....).

But for staff is incorrect way, so i ask, we only can start inviting by pm, the persons that we know? Or must we ask staff of the site before do the giveaway?

p.s: I don't found a recent thread for we discuss that so i created that one.

J-dye
02-10-2008, 10:14 AM
use a different username here , and continue the giveaways

athenaesword
02-10-2008, 11:02 AM
what if u've already made an account here....make a new one?

Deathless
02-10-2008, 12:28 PM

i don't think so...:blink:

Polarbear
02-10-2008, 12:47 PM
After read grimms thread, i don't know what is correct do, in the giveaways i try select good users (no traders, check him history.....).

But for staff is incorrect way, so i ask, we only can start inviting by pm, the persons that we know? Or must we ask staff of the site before do the giveaway?

p.s: I don't found a recent thread for we discuss that so i created that one.

most of the times it is clear from the rules if a site allows public giveaways or not. if it's against their rules, don't do it.

if you have doubts, ask staff wether it is ok. you are right about that.

also you can always fill requests on a private basis if you like to.

some sites allow public giveaways, some don't.

if you see someone requesting an invite and you feel you can trust him and know him. give your invites via pm.

p.s. i asked staff on various trackers several times if giveaways are ok with them in the past. never had any problems.

The Wanderer
02-10-2008, 01:12 PM
You can ask an admin from here to change your username from here. ;)

Always use different username for forums like this and always a different username for every tracker you are member of. It's always the safest way around. :)

TP635
02-10-2008, 01:20 PM
You can get ban by tracker for what you post here. Be very care full of what you say about trackers that you are member of.

znik
02-10-2008, 01:35 PM
everyone is free to obey (or not) the rules of the trackers he belongs, facing the consequences of course.

markupmaster
02-10-2008, 01:52 PM
I have to agree with PolarBear...

If you are having doubts,Then just ask the staff...

Simple as that..

:)

F3n1x
02-10-2008, 02:44 PM
thank you polarbear i will start ask staff, and if i see someone that i can help(requesting) and i think that i can trust him i will continue helping.

;)

1000possibleclaws
02-10-2008, 05:09 PM

well you could always just start using a different username for the trackers you sign up at from now on.. it's the safest way to avoid unwanted trouble

Something Else
02-10-2008, 06:24 PM
I don't think people realise how badly giveaways look to the trackers.

ideto
02-10-2008, 06:33 PM
Met nice guys here, and give in irc (pvt) or msn if you trust them.
Simple.

Godot
02-10-2008, 06:38 PM
Giveaways are good.

SCR
02-10-2008, 06:40 PM
I don't think people realise how badly giveaways look to the trackers.

Some people do realise that ... very few i am afraid but some do .

Neo
02-10-2008, 08:53 PM
I will respect those trackers whose rules forbid public giveaways but... in the end it's always a giveaway isn't it?

My point beeing: how well can you know a person over the internet? It's very easy to say "Only invite friends you trust and know". Well... Nowadays some people actually live on the Internet. they meet people on the Internet and they have "friends" on the internet. How well can you know this people? Most times you don't even know if you r talking with a guy or a girl...

The fact that I know someone in real life doesn't mean he's not going to cheat all the same. When I see someone here who is giving away invites ( if he is giving away invites he has lots of them and that is probably cause he is a good member on those trackers ) , has a solid reputation and participation throughout the forum that means something to me. If I exchange PM's with him or talk with him over MSN and like what I see what else can I ask from a potencial invitee?

I don't have real life friends who are interested in torrenting. I'm left with this kind of forums or tracker forums. That is where I must recruit those I am inviting or else I wouldn't invite anyone at all.

There r a few things I look at as I told above but I must say that I already had problems with people I thought I knew very well but I generally don't have problems with a guy that, although not knowing him that well, shows evident signs that is or will be a good member.

In the end, I think that is what trackers want, isn't it? To have good members!

pone44
02-10-2008, 09:02 PM
Never won one, i do not trust most of the giveaways for higher sites, mostly collecting emails or seeing id dupe acc's are made, gets annoying, i do not bother 2 put up proofs-waste of time plus giveaways are considered trading so-?

Artemis
02-10-2008, 11:57 PM
I absolutely agree with leopalas post, the people I help or invite are ones that I have gotten to know through forums but at least by getting to know the style of their posting I can get a measure of the person, nothing in life is certain, but at least in getting to know the person first there is a better chance that they may be a good user, the extra incentive of course being that with some sites you are responsible for your invitees, they screw up they take your a/c with them.
But getting to know someone or inviting those that are regular posters etc. does ensure your invite more than a random giveaway, and this in the end is what the trackers want, people that you feel as a user you can 'trust' , and this is why giveaways are treated like trading. You can of course if it is not against tracker rules arrange an invite giveaway with staff's permission, and these do sometimes happen even to some of the higher trackers, but random giveaways do mean that there is a chance that a ratio cheat or other type of bad member maybe let in.
In the end the choice is yours but to take a little extra time and get to know those that you invite and to invite them via pm and a conversation is more rewarding anyway.

Sanka113
02-11-2008, 01:13 AM
The thing about giveaways is that some people do know what they're doing. Most people don't give invites out to just anybody who enters their giveaway. Now, for low level trackers those seem to be given out freely, because the tracker is real easy to get into anyways, a bad user will get in if they really want to for those kind of trackers. Op, do giveaways. Follow in the footsteps of other members and just make sure you giveaway to responsible members.

Adama
02-11-2008, 02:49 AM
if you don't want to do giveaways
just give them by pm to ppl you see that they deserve that invite

athenaesword
02-11-2008, 03:05 AM

well you could always just start using a different username for the trackers you sign up at from now on.. it's the safest way to avoid unwanted trouble

yeah but i hardly wanna lose all my current trackers just because i give invites away. i guess i won't do giveaways, but look at requests and giveaway through pm then.