PDA

View Full Version : Sbc Sues Riaa

rick4ang
08-01-2003, 01:13 AM
I just heard 1 hour ago that SBC Communications Inc. said it had filed suit to stop a flood of recording-industry court orders that seek to track down Internet users who might be illegally copying music

Check out the link:
http://money.cnn.com/2003/07/31/technology...subpoenas.reut/ (http://money.cnn.com/2003/07/31/technology/music_subpoenas.reut/)

Adster
08-01-2003, 01:24 AM
don't beielve everything you read

Amplifier_SFH
08-01-2003, 01:25 AM
I have SBC DSL and I hope SBC does good for me like they always do. There service is the best I have ever had *remembers old 13kbps downloads with cable*

Yes, the cable in my town SUCKS.

SodiumChloride
08-01-2003, 07:52 AM
Originally posted by Amplifier_SFH@31 July 2003 - 18:25
I have SBC DSL and I hope SBC does good for me like they always do. There service is the best I have ever had *remembers old 13kbps downloads with cable*

Yes, the cable in my town SUCKS.
LOL yes. I remember when Cox cable introduced cable modems to San Diego 8 years ago, I was so happy i had a technorgasm

RealitY
08-01-2003, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Hogster@1 August 2003 - 02:24
don't beielve everything you read
????

ITS TRUE...
GOOD JOB TO THE FOLKS AT SBC.

Truth is they don't want be fucked around with all this bullshit, nor do yhey wan't to loose customers. After all why do we have broadband anyway, to check out all the great deals on ebay. :lol: :lol:

Gre1
08-01-2003, 09:18 AM
Thats my provider too. GO SBC Sue they ass, sue they ass. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :beerchug: :beerchug: :sorcerer: :zorro:

RealitY
08-01-2003, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Gre1@1 August 2003 - 10:18
Thats my provider too. GO SBC Sue they ass, sue they ass. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :beerchug: :beerchug: :sorcerer: :zorro:
WOW, you said that like it's one of your kids.

Arm
08-01-2003, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by Gre1@1 August 2003 - 09:18
Thats my provider too. GO SBC Sue they ass, sue they ass. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :beerchug:  :beerchug:  :sorcerer:  :zorro:
Heh SBC is also my ISP. ;)

Gre1
08-01-2003, 03:04 PM
REALITY Posted on 1 August 2003 - 04:34
  QUOTE (Gre1 @ 1 August 2003 - 10:18)
Thats my provider too. GO SBC Sue they ass, sue they ass.         

WOW, you said that like it's one of your kids

Naw I just said they because they not taking any shit

kman
08-01-2003, 07:30 PM
haha... i read about it too.... go SBC..... i don't want my shit posetd all over some rich idiots office... haha.... Since SBC is doing this, Verizon after settling, is now appealing...... haha..... also did you know that AOL is part of the RIAA!!!! yea I found out i was pissed.... cause you know, ive always hated AOL....

ModernDaySamson
08-02-2003, 03:27 AM
Look at it this way guys......Verizon....is bucking the RIAA....NOW SBC is goin after em......Im hoping this starts a domino effect of other companies flexing there larger than RIAA's corporate muscles!!!
And believe me....These companies have more than enough money to squash the RIAA bug.
And Ive got a question....How can these guys (RIAA,MPAA,etc) hack into our computers, but if we as much as cross their connection...they put us under the jail?
An old proverb says "There's power in numbers" So lets show our support to Verizon and SBC and any other company that joins their efforts.
The fast rise but even faster fall of the RIAA! :lol: :lol:

OldSchool
08-02-2003, 03:38 AM
That's really great, SBC kicking ass. You have to wonder, though- Is there any chance that this is a maneuver to get internet users to switch to SBC? Hmm... Well, I sure hope that SBC wins this lawsuit.

Switeck
08-02-2003, 06:53 AM
We should take the info about the OTHER companies SBC is suing to improv our block ip list.

RealitY
08-02-2003, 07:46 AM
I have 3 choices here locally...

1. Cable, which I have, they are very neutral at the moment.
2. SBC, cost more than cable, but cool that they're there.
3. Dialup, last resort.

It would be really nice to see a wave of this action, maybe even those faggot pussies over at Comcast might change their mind, considering how large they are taht would make thing start looking good.

As for the pricks at AOL and Time Warner, WTF kinda contradiction is going on there. They are part of the AA but yet don't want to loose their customer base, cake and eat it. I wonder why they don't go after their own... pretty clear if you ask me, seems AOL already has enough problems hanging onto customers, fucking self rightous pricks, actually avoiding fucking their own customer base up, it smells of something illegal, don't it, monopoly or...

taylor8erickson
08-03-2003, 12:35 AM
i hope sbc wins. im glad that they are fighting to protect their customer privacy

Sex
08-03-2003, 09:48 AM
SBC is smart. If Comcast cable is not as smart as SBC by sueing RIAA then i'm switching service.