PDA

View Full Version : Get a gmail account back

chicus
02-11-2008, 06:40 PM
Hi !

My gmail account has been hacked, and i would like to know how to get it back, i tried to recover it but he changed my second mail. Is there a way to contact gmail staff ? If you recovered your account, hiow did you do ?
Thanks for the help !

John1988
02-11-2008, 07:07 PM
i had this problem but mine was bigger i lost 2 emails but with the gmail support team help i managed to get back 1 of 2 emails
go here and fill this form https://services.google.com/inquiry/gmail_security1
good luck getting it back :)

mrnobody
02-11-2008, 07:08 PM
Hi !

My gmail account has been hacked, and i would like to know how to get it back, i tried to recover it but he changed my second mail. Is there a way to contact gmail staff ? If you recovered your account, hiow did you do ?
Thanks for the help !

are you sure your account IS hacked?

try clearing your cache and cookies...and try loggin in again

sometime that is the problem

google "gmail support" and you might find telephone # or support email...try that.

chicus
02-11-2008, 07:46 PM
Hi !

Thanks for the help !

are you sure your account IS hacked?

try clearing your cache and cookies...and try loggin in again

sometime that is the problem

google "gmail support" and you might find telephone # or support email...try that.

I can't log in any of the sites i used with this mail, so i think it's hacked

But thx anyway for the help !

TheFoX
02-12-2008, 01:44 AM
I should point out that a security expert of my acquaintance was hired by Google to see how easy it was to hack a gmail account. His conclusion was that a gmail account was extremely resilient to hacking, and would require someone of great skill.

His conclusion was that the only way to gain a gmail account would be a dictionary attack on an account with a weak password, or a keylogger intercept, or getting someone to tell you their gmail password.

It does make me laugh when I hear that people say they've had their gmail account hacked, as if a cyber terrorist has broken into their account (yeah! right!)...

GoldStoNe
02-12-2008, 01:56 AM
Hi !

Thanks for the help !

Did you use a weak password? Something that can be found in the dictionary? Have you traded accounts here in FST?

1000possibleclaws
02-12-2008, 02:04 AM
recover the password and type in the answer to your secret question

Minuteman
02-12-2008, 02:17 AM
@Thefox : I was thinking the same. Why the heck would someone bother to hack a gmail account unless you're an admin of a private tracker or something in those terms..

teicoplanin
02-12-2008, 02:52 AM
@Thefox : I was thinking the same. Why the heck would someone bother to hack a gmail account unless you're an admin of a private tracker or something in those terms..

I think the same..

lost password maybe more suitable in this case..pity

Saroman
02-12-2008, 03:49 AM
Dunno about hacked..But my 4-5 Gmail accounts got disabled ...Dunno what the reason is.. I have used All those accounts addresses at some imp trackers.. so i had to change all the emails..

Polarbear
02-12-2008, 06:11 AM
i don't know what happened to the account of the topic starter.

what i do know is that many people trade accounts with email.

most "hacked" email accounts - similar to "stolen" tracker accounts are results of a trade scam.

nothing was ever hacked or stolen. the details were sent via pm.