PDA

View Full Version : filesharingtalk absolutely sucks for trading

sonofisis
02-11-2008, 07:21 PM
Because of the abundance of low life interlopers here whose 2 cents are worth negative 3. The spamming is incredible, so one would have to either choose between having their threads bumped down and go unnoticed or have a bunch of hyper retards with lame subjective opinions about rankings, what someone should and shouldn't offer you, etc. These are the same losers begging to get into the sites in question, stuck begging in GiveAway threads, looking for charity like stupid peasants. You people truly make me sick, I motion to have a separate forum for trading and giveaways and a proper enforecment of spam, this is ridiculous.

Note:

I'm not at all worried about any semi-witty, sarcastic responses or rhetorical devices because it is just taunting. What I'm saying, rings true, no matter how funny or reduced your reply is, and I'm making a note of this because I expect it.

fridash
02-11-2008, 07:30 PM
frankly people like you make me sick /....

your kind of new here ,who are you to dis or approve systems ?

Shinigami
02-11-2008, 07:37 PM
I agree with you upon some things but you could have said that in some nicer words... :)

Uzam
02-11-2008, 07:37 PM
Just curious, but in comparison, what sites are better?

Uzam

svr
02-11-2008, 07:40 PM
Spamming is pretty bad around here. Separate trade/giveaway forums would be great too.

ajsi
02-11-2008, 07:40 PM
i have advice for you : don't trade ;)

Swift
02-11-2008, 07:41 PM
your kind of new here ,who are you to dis or approve systems ?

he`s not new but still a n00b maybe at bittorrents stuff

there lost off spaming because its a huge forum :naughty: not like other , in wich you make a request or something and after 5-6 h you get 1 reply ! That sucks:dry:

So if you found a better comunity you could go there it`s your decision:dabs:

LubTheStaringCat
02-11-2008, 08:04 PM
You've been hanging around the bushes to much m8, I thick It's time you get a life.

soulreaper
02-11-2008, 08:16 PM
sonofisis you've hit the nail on the head.I'm so glad someone grew a pair of nuts and spoke about the spamming situation(i might've been guilty a couple of times i admit)and also the ridiculous amount of hate posts in the trading thread.

Seriously, if you're against trading(for whatever reason)then steer clear from those forums instead of taking the piss out of the trader and making him feel like a lowlife.Stop behaving like high school bullies and grow up. It's his life at the end of the day and he's made his choice so live and let live.

I second the motion of warning/banning users for unneccessarily spamming the trading threads or for that matter any thread.

C-mos
02-11-2008, 08:30 PM
You've been hanging around the bushes to much m8, I thick It's time you get a life.

right :D
+1

ohmboys
02-11-2008, 08:35 PM
dont drink and trade dude .

soulreaper
02-11-2008, 08:41 PM

Says the trader to another trader.Haha,this place is filled with hypocrites.Practice what you preach,sunshine.

Artemis
02-11-2008, 08:41 PM
This is a public forum, and the invites section is only a small part of the whole, I realise with your narrow focus that it is the only thing that is here but guess what , others have opinions too and they are actually different to yours :blink:

If you don't trade you won't feel like a low-life and there is a strong feeling against trading at the moment because of the trackers closing doors for long periods due to trading/invite selling. It's simple the trackers themselves are sick of it and are now restricting access more & more, not to mention the scamming that goes hand in hand with trading, if you can't handle criticism for what alot of people think is wrong, or don't like others opinions, then don't participate in forums !

C-mos
02-11-2008, 08:54 PM

Says the trader to another trader.Haha,this place is filled with hypocrites.Practice what you preach,sunshine.

we don;t need u around here :)

if u don't like what u see ..just go ;)

SgtMajor
02-11-2008, 08:57 PM
Note:

I'm not at all worried about any semi-witty, sarcastic responses or rhetorical devices

It's a pity your post didn't have any either, it might have been worth reading if it did.

LubTheStaringCat
02-11-2008, 09:04 PM

O don't worry about that m8.

when we get our act together,
certain people In dark places Will evaporate. That's a promise

and that's not to far distant now.

soulreaper
02-11-2008, 09:08 PM
This is a public forum, and the invites section is only a small part of the whole, I realise with your narrow focus that it is the only thing that is here but guess what , others have opinions too and they are actually different to yours :blink:

Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion,what is your point exactly? With your condescending tone of referring to my "narrow focus" hardly overrides my point which is that exercising your "opinion'' in a trading thread is completely uncalled for.As long as the trader properly follows the "trading protocol" ,people like you have absolutely no right whatsoever to exercise your authority because you dont have authority in the first place,you're not a mod here afterall.

If you don't trade you won't feel like a low-life

So basically you're implying that traders are lowlifes? Jesus christ,you should'nt even be on FST with such extreme beliefs.How do you manage to even thrive in a community when you have no respect/consideration for another person's opinion/belief?

and there is a strong feeling against trading at the moment because of the trackers closing doors for long periods due to trading/invite selling. It's simple the trackers themselves are sick of it and are now restricting access more & more, not to mention the scamming that goes hand in hand with trading, if you can't handle criticism for what alot of people think is wrong, or don't like others opinions, then don't participate in forums !

Tracker admins have ALWAYS been against trading.I'll repeat that,ALWAYS. The situation has become worse because of members of iTS that made it a point to spam every "trading" thread(don't have a personal grudge against you guys).Sad but true.It's gone to the point where Detale himself had to make a thread saying that iTS invites are allowed to trade but we still find semi-retards spamming an iTS thread.

I have no problem with criticism but there's a time and a place to criticise and a trading thread isn't the place to do it.

I'm not against traders/anti-traders but what i simply can't stand are hypocrites who have this 'holier-than-thou' attitude.Please give it up and be humble,goes a long way.

I say again,Live and let live.

bikernin
02-11-2008, 09:08 PM
dude, you got some serious issues. if trading here is so bad, dont do it. go find some other place. i assure you no one will miss you.
as for your point about spam, theres thousands of users here who are in a forum so they can express their opinion. so if you are so keen on not reading them, go to other places where you can trade to your hearts content. besides most of the so called "spam" is bt well intentioned people who want to tell n00bs thats trading is not considered a good thing anymore around here. overall its just good for the bitorrent community. but then again, people like you dont understand what community means.
besides, if the spam bothered you so much, all you have to do is use a tiny bit of common sense (which was lost somewhere in your anger) and close the thread. trade only by PMs.
and next time you enter a place, dont start trying to change the rules to your liking so soon..

soulreaper
02-11-2008, 09:17 PM

we don;t need u around here :)

if u don't like what u see ..just go ;)

Who's "we" and who exactly are you to tell me to go away? I don't even know you so please get a clue.
You feel like a hypocrite too? Did i remind you of some of your old trading days? hahaahaha.
Some people,weird!

SgtMajor
02-11-2008, 09:18 PM
people like you have absolutely no right whatsoever to exercise your authority because you dont have authority in the first place,you're not a mod here afterall.

And neither are you anything other than a user round here, so take your own advice and a dose of your own medicine and keep your opinions to yourself, if you want to express your opinion then expect others to do the same, this is a forum after all, not a dictatorship.

Thread creators have the choice, leave the thread open or close it, it's not up to you to say who can or cannot post.

J-dye
02-11-2008, 09:20 PM
ok lemme try to understand this whole situation . lol

fst invite section is like mexico and trackers are like america , both has different rules , and community reps are like ambassadors

american rule doesnt really apply to mexican citizens right ? lol

as long as you are in mexico , mexican rules are important . am i right ?

and when americans comes to mexico telling mexican citizens to follow american rules , yes i know they are trying to express their opinion .. but if you really think about it . isnt that really lame

my two pesos

lol , just dont take my post too seriously because am really laughing out loud reading my own post :D

AmpeD
02-11-2008, 09:21 PM
Spamming is pretty bad around here. Separate trade/giveaway forums would be great too.
:yup:

soulreaper
02-11-2008, 09:27 PM
people like you have absolutely no right whatsoever to exercise your authority because you dont have authority in the first place,you're not a mod here afterall.

And neither are you anything other than a user round here, so take your own advice and a dose of your own medicine and keep your opinions to yourself, if you want to express your opinion then expect others to do the same, this is a forum after all, not a dictatorship.

Thread creators have the choice, leave the thread open or close it, it's not up to you to say who can or cannot post.

Keep my opinions to myself? And who are you to tell me this,a mod/dictator?I've the full right to express my opinion like you just did,so please don't lecture me.

I'm not a mod/dictator and i haven't gone to a trading thread and tried to exercise my authority nor have i grouped traders as "lowlifes" which Artemis has just done.So what on earth are you talking about? I clearly stated "Live and let live".This clearly indicates that i respect a user's opinion.

BlueLabel
02-11-2008, 09:33 PM

hanging around the bushes isn't so bad
I used to hang around the bushes with girls in my past and believe me its fun
we did nasty things there:naughty:

SgtMajor
02-11-2008, 09:36 PM

Keep my opinions to myself? And who are you to tell me this,a mod/dictator?I've the full right to express my opinion like you just did,so please don't lecture me.

I'm not a mod/dictator and i haven't gone to a trading thread and tried to exercise my authority nor have i grouped traders as "lowlifes" which Artemis has just done.So what on earth are you talking about? I clearly stated "Live and let live".This clearly indicates that i respect your opinion.

You are telling others to shut up and keep out of threads and not to express their opinions, so what exactly are you doing right now?, don't you see the irony in your statements?

What was it - live & let live, seriously, take your own advice and if posters leave their threads open, then so be it, it is their problem not yours.

Artemis
02-11-2008, 09:38 PM
With your condescending tone of referring to my "narrow focus" hardly overrides my point which is that exercising your "opinion'' in a trading thread is completely uncalled for.As long as the trader properly follows the "trading protocol" ,people like you have absolutely no right whatsoever to exercise your authority because you dont have authority in the first place,you're not a mod here afterall.I don't exercise my opinion in trading threads,in fact I leave the invites section to itself most of the time, nor do I boost my post count with +1, gl or other spam posts, but this is a public forum and I am exercising my opinion, your reaction to that opinion and the emotion behind shows that I have struck a nerve. This isn't an extreme opinion I used the term 'low-life' to paraphrase the OP who said that he didn't wish to feel like a low-life for trading, I simply turned that around and said don't trade. I do not think traders are low-lifes period, but the concept that everyone should agree with a point of view is pathetic. This is once again a public forum where people have different beliefs and opinions, the fact that my opinion has raised such emotions in you shows that you are investing too much of yourself.

Actually it was this quote by soulreaper that I was responding too:

Seriously, if you're against trading(for whatever reason)then steer clear from those forums instead of taking the piss out of the trader and making him feel like a lowlife.

I will say it once again, I do not think traders are low-lifes, this is the tag that soul reaper put on himself, there are traders I talk to and pm here, but they know I disagree with trading

kayvanblue
02-11-2008, 09:48 PM
Hey Brother! did you just say "low life people"? what do you know about people in here? This is just a web life that means people talking without speaking. DO NOT JUDGE PEOPLE or you might insult a lot of decent people unwontedly.

soulreaper
02-11-2008, 09:48 PM

I'm not a mod/dictator and i haven't gone to a trading thread and tried to exercise my authority nor have i grouped traders as "lowlifes" which Artemis has just done.So what on earth are you talking about? I clearly stated "Live and let live".This clearly indicates that i respect your opinion.

You are telling others to shut up and keep out of threads and not to express their opinions, so what exactly are you doing right now?, don't you see the irony in your statements?

I haven't told anyone to "shut up". You clearly don't understand the difference between an opinion and authority,there's a fine line and Artemis went over by stating that trading is meant for lowlifes.
I clearly stated that i don't have a problem with a person expressing his opinion but i certainly do have a problem if you exercise your authority if you're not a mod here.

What was it - live & let live, seriously, take your own advice and if posters leave their threads open, then so be it, it is their problem not yours.

That's exactly what i mentioned in my first post if you ever cared to read.I said that if a trader wants to trade then let him do it as it is perfectly within the rules of FST and don't spam his thread.This was again my opinion.Jesus christ.
Take my own "advice".Again,not advicing,but expressing my opinion.There's a difference,please get a clue.

If you don't trade you won't feel like a low-life !

This clearly implies that you think traders are low lifes.What else could it mean? This isn't rocket science you know but apparently to you it is.You've probably offended a lot of members already with such a line of thought.

Just to clarify,you haven't "struck a nerve".I'm perfectly calm.

Artemis
02-11-2008, 09:58 PM
Ok soul reaper I don't know how many times I need to quote you but you are the one that used the term 'lowlife'

Seriously, if you're against trading(for whatever reason)then steer clear from those forums instead of taking the piss out of the trader and making him feel like a lowlife.my response:

If you don't trade you won't feel like a low-lifeyet now you are turning your own comment against me? interesting, I simply used your comment to illustrate your own feelings, which you are amply demonstrating by becoming so heated in your responses.

For everyone here who can only see my response and not soul reapers original post despite me quoting it twice now, you seriously need to get a better attention span before you participate in a thread with more than a sentence per post.

SgtMajor
02-11-2008, 10:02 PM

I haven't told anyone to "shut up". You clearly don't understand the difference between an opinion and authority,there's a fine line and Artemis went over by stating that trading is meant for lowlifes.
I clearly stated that i don't have a problem with a person expressing his opinion but i certainly do have a problem if you exercise your authority if you're not a mod here.

That's exactly what i mentioned in my first post if you ever cared to read.I said that if a trader wants to trade then let him do it as it is perfectly within the rules of FST and don't spam his thread.This was again my opinion.Jesus christ.
Take my own "advice".Again,not advicing,but expressing my opinion.There's a difference,please get a clue.

If you don't trade you won't feel like a low-life !

This clearly implies that you think traders are low lifes.What else could it mean? This isn't rocket science you know but apparently to you it is.You've probably offended a lot of members already with such a line of thought.

Just to clarify,you haven't "struck a nerve".I'm perfectly calm.

It's pretty obvious you have double standards and don't live by your own set of rules, but you expect others to do so.

When posters turn your own words back on you, you blow a fuse.

People can post what they want, where they want without your, or my, permission, as long as it's within the boards rules, not your, or any other members unwritten rules.

soulreaper
02-11-2008, 10:05 PM
Ok soul reaper I don't know how many times I need to quote you but you are the one that used the term 'lowlife'

my response:

How exactly do you know whether you will/wont feel like a low life unless you have traded?
Only if you've traded would you know that you feel like a lowlife or not.Simple!

Since you stated that "If you don't trade you won't feel like a low-life" ,it clearly shows that you traded and you feel that traders are lowlifes.
Please straighten your logic before you argue pointlessly.

LubTheStaringCat
02-11-2008, 10:07 PM

hanging around the bushes isn't so bad
I used to hang around the bushes with girls in my past and believe me its fun
we did nasty things there:naughty:

hanging around the bushes.

Is my favorite quote of the moment, but I think “soulreaper” he's not hanging around the bushes.
He just got plain lost In the bushes.

mrnobody
02-11-2008, 10:09 PM

my response:

How exactly do you know whether you will/wont feel like a low life unless you have traded?
Only if you've traded would you know that you feel like a lowlife or not.Simple!

Since you stated that "If you don't trade you won't feel like a low-life" ,it clearly shows that you traded and you feel that traders are lowlifes.

even my pee brain can understand that Artemis merely rephrased what u said. What part you don't understand again? :unsure:

Neo
02-11-2008, 10:11 PM
"...stuck begging in GiveAway threads, looking for charity like stupid peasants"

Now this is a statement!

Someone then seconds you saying he's tired of hate posts...

Well... It's laughable...

If there are giveaways of course people will "beg" for the invites. Maybe you would prefer them to demand the invite from the inviter: 'Hey fuc*er, just give me that s*it!! ' More your kind of guy?

Anyway... In such a big forum you are bound to have lots of people posting. I regularly see 300 members just in the bitorrent area. You would need an army of Mods to clean the spamming ( that, in fact, exists ). I've been a Mod elsewhere and I tell you something... it's not very easy to find people that work for free. Believe me, it's hard work.

I think the advantages you draw from the current system are far greater than the disadvantages. The forum has been here for a while and it is as popular as it ever was. If people were so annoyed with all this they wouldn't come back time and time again, now would they?

bikernin
02-11-2008, 10:13 PM
Artemis : dont waste your time and opinion with these people who obviously dont even have a grasp of the language they speak in.
this whole thread seems so pointless. did you expect the mods to come in here and say "hey you know what, we have been complete morons till now. lets listen to this guy and do what he says". or were you atleast expecting everyone to agree with you? when you put up a thread like this, its obvious that its up for debate. and if someone is against your opinion you seem to have a problem. dosent this defeat the purpose of opening such a thread in the first place. we are supposed to have intelligent discussions and work things out, but you guys are much closer to acting like a bunch of kids everytime some has opposed or disagreed with you
P.S. on a lighter note, even a nut collecting burrowing animal knows better english than you guys :lol:

soulreaper
02-11-2008, 10:16 PM
It's pretty obvious you have double standards and don't live by your own set of rules, but you expect others to do so.

When posters turn your own words back on you, you blow a fuse.

How's it pretty obvious that i have double standards? Now you're accusing me without proof. Sgtmajor ,you have no clue what you're talking about.What gives you the impression that i've blown a fuse? I haven't used any abusive language or derogatory terms to indicate that i'm pissed,i'm just defending myself from your baseless accusations.

People can post what they want, where they want without your, or my, permission, as long as it's within the boards rules, not your, or any other members unwritten rules.

People can post wherever they want? I'm afraid not because this is spamming which is clearly against the rules of FST.So your logic clearly fails.

Artemis
02-11-2008, 10:16 PM

my response:

OK not to belabour the point like you seem to enjoy, I was using your comment as an artifice, to illustrate your own point of view. Your own logic is deeply flawed in your original argument

Seriously, if you're against trading(for whatever reason)then steer clear from those forums instead of taking the piss out of the trader and making him feel like a lowlife.Stop behaving like high school bullies and grow up. It's his life at the end of the day and he's made his choice so live and let live.

As both I and Sgt major keep reiterating to you but you cannot see, this is a public forum and we are entitled to and will voice an opinion different to yours, this is not a pointless argument. It is your original statement which I quoted above which is at fault, and it is this faulty logic which I an the sgt are trying patiently to explain to you.

mrnobody
02-11-2008, 10:20 PM
People can post what they want, where they want without your, or my, permission, as long as it's within the boards rules, not your, or any other members unwritten rules.People cant post wherever they want? I'm afraid not because this is spamming which is clearly against the rules of FST.So your logic clearly fails.

:pinch:

KFlint
02-11-2008, 10:21 PM
I was determined to read this whole thread to see any interesting new point of view but i fell asleep in the middle :sleep1::sleep1:

Spamming is indeed a situation that is particulary present in the bittorrent invite section, fact

we give many infractions daily for useless comments, but i believe FST is a land of free speech and it should not become a dictatorship, so there is a delicate balance to maintain

If you don't want your trading threads to be filled with spam, close it for 12 hours, reopen it, bump it, close it. Repeat ad nauseam

If it's not your thread, then mind your own business and let the responsability to the thread starter to manage how he wants things done.

you can always use the report function to help us control the spam in the forums

i don't think we need to debate on this on 10 pages

soulreaper
02-11-2008, 10:28 PM
I was determined to read this whole thread to see any interesting new point of view but i fell asleep in the middle :sleep1::sleep1:

Spamming is indeed a situation that is particulary present in the bittorrent invite section, fact

we give many infractions daily for useless comments, but i believe FST is a land of free speech and it should not become a dictatorship, so there is a delicate balance to maintain

If you don't want your trading threads to be filled with spam, close it for 12 hours, reopen it, bump it, close it. Repeat ad nauseam

If it's not your thread, then mind your own business and let the responsability to the thread starter to manage how he wants things done.

you can always use the report function to help us control the spam in the forums

i don't think we need to debate on this on 10 pages

The mod has spoken,i needn't say anymore(unless provoked).And you my friend further drive home my point which a lot of these "regs" with their "reg mentality" trying to gang up on me have clearly failed to do.

Artemis
02-11-2008, 10:30 PM
I was determined to read this whole thread to see any interesting new point of view but i fell asleep in the middle

Agreed these are the same points of view that have always been expressed, but then I keep seeing the same stay out of it argument and I will respond to that, I for one hardly go near the invites section and do not spam the board with moronic +1 & gl posts everywhere in an effort to boost my post count, but then just because the opinion has been said before doesn't make it any less valid ?
This is an issue which will continue to be discussed, as it is one of the more contentious ones in the bt community, but I will always challenge those who say that I shouldn't have an opinion.

Polarbear
02-11-2008, 10:34 PM
Because of the abundance of low life interlopers here whose 2 cents are worth negative 3. The spamming is incredible, so one would have to either choose between having their threads bumped down and go unnoticed or have a bunch of hyper retards with lame subjective opinions about rankings, what someone should and shouldn't offer you, etc. These are the same losers begging to get into the sites in question, stuck begging in GiveAway threads, looking for charity like stupid peasants. You people truly make me sick, I motion to have a separate forum for trading and giveaways and a proper enforecment of spam, this is ridiculous.

Note:

I'm not at all worried about any semi-witty, sarcastic responses or rhetorical devices because it is just taunting. What I'm saying, rings true, no matter how funny or reduced your reply is, and I'm making a note of this because I expect it.

i'm sorry that you have to trade to get invites for private trackers and that others get them for free. that must really suck.

i'm sorry that you have to break tracker rules, while other people follow them.

i'm sorry that you feel disturbed by other members in your efforts to obtain memberships to private trackers by trading.

i'm sorry that your threads get bumped down if you lock them and nobody wants to trade with you anymore.

i'm sorry that fst isn't the "invite trading forum" you want it to be.

i have a great advice for you. why don't you open your own social group and called it: "high life trading". :lol:

you can meet with all the real traders and have a super invites tupperware party - without stupid posts in your holy dealing threads.

have fun in the invite section of this forum and many "ups" and "bumps" in your locked topics. :)

SgtMajor
02-11-2008, 10:36 PM

Exactly, it's not for other members to tell me where I can or cannot post, nor what I can or cannot say in an open thread, as long as I don't spam (spam in accordance with the boards rules - not spam in accordance with some unwritten rule as laid down by noisy members), then I also defend the right of reply in any open thread.

bikernin
02-11-2008, 10:37 PM
rofl @ PB
exactly what this thread needed :yup:

Artemis
02-11-2008, 10:47 PM
i have a great advice for you. why don't you open your own social group and called it: "high life trading".

I thought a couple of groups had just been created ? :whistling

pro267
02-11-2008, 10:52 PM
People can post what they want, where they want without your, or my, permission, as long as it's within the boards rules, not your, or any other members unwritten rules.People can post wherever they want? I'm afraid not because this is spamming which is clearly against the rules of FST.So your logic clearly fails.
People can't post whatever/wherever they want. If you believe that one's actions contradict with site rules feel free to use the report section.

As to your discussion with Artemis and the Sarge, I believe that the flaw in your arguments is inherent in the fact that you've voiced them: how can you expect a person to refrain from expressing his/her opinions on the actions of others wherever he so wishes when you've clearly done the same in this thread?

I agree to your point that on other occasions (iTS threads do come to mind) certain members have tried to exercise their nonexistent authority - not only of FST rules but of trackers' rules as well - but this is not the case since the wording chosen by Artemis may involve personal opinions but certainly doesn't involve authority or any attempt to exercise it. Artemis can express any opinion he wishes to express in regards to traders as they are free to express theirs, and neither you nor I are to be judges as to whether that is or isn't within site rules - you have a moderation team and a report section precisely for that purpose.

pone44
02-11-2008, 11:01 PM
It is not baseball cards.lol. Other's see some that trade act impatient,scammer's-ect or cant get a invite-account because they been banned. Against rules with all good ones i assume- have no high ranks but i would think. Somebody who really likes whatever could be banned on another member trading-cheating so it is probably better to follow the rules! Never would trade!
kflint is right , there are probably invite only trading(filled w-scams but that comes with trading so good luck,lol) sites try them. to each his own, not saying i dislike traders, just the point of it, sounds untrustworthy.

soulreaper
02-11-2008, 11:02 PM
People can post wherever they want? I'm afraid not because this is spamming which is clearly against the rules of FST.So your logic clearly fails.
People can't post whatever/wherever they want. If you believe that one's actions contradict with site rules feel free to use the report section.

You're right,i should've reported.

As to your discussion with Artemis and the Sarge, I believe that the flaw in your arguments is inherent in the fact that you've voiced them: how can you expect a person to refrain from expressing his/her opinions on the actions of others wherever he so wishes when you've clearly done the same in this thread?

Please point out where exactly i've said that i dont want people to express their opinion.I clearly stated that noone here(other than mods) has the right to exercise authority. There's a massive difference between an opinion and authority.So i feel my argument against them isn't flawed as i didnt stop them from expressing their opinion.

I agree to your point that on other occasions (iTS threads do come to mind) certain members have tried to exercise their nonexistent authority - not only of FST rules but of trackers' rules as well - but this is not the case since the wording chosen by Artemis may involve personal opinions but certainly doesn't involve authority or any attempt to exercise it. Artemis can express any opinion he wishes to express in regards to traders as they are free to express theirs, and neither you nor I are to be judges as to whether that is or isn't within site rules - you have a moderation team and a report section precisely for that purpose.

My point exactly,no argument on this.

monk3y
02-11-2008, 11:07 PM
look at this from my point of angle if you trade you hurt the tracker's staff, community and others so don't trade and you won't have the problems you are talking about.

mrnobody
02-11-2008, 11:15 PM
As to your discussion with Artemis and the Sarge, I believe that the flaw in your arguments is inherent in the fact that you've voiced them: how can you expect a person to refrain from expressing his/her opinions on the actions of others wherever he so wishes when you've clearly done the same in this thread?Please point out where exactly i've said that i dont want people to express their opinion.I clearly stated that noone here(other than mods) has the right to exercise authority. There's a massive difference between an opinion and authority.So i feel my argument against them isn't flawed as i didnt stop them from expressing their opinion.

who in the blue world was exercising authority (bolded it for your easyness ;)) in THIS thread?

P.S. i don't see conversation moving forward so perhaps the thread. Mr soulreaper (btw i find your nick offensive... u won't rep my soul, will u? :P) brought the conversation back to opinion and authority...whhich i though was already responded.

P.P.S. my P.S. is longer than text :01:

soulreaper
02-11-2008, 11:23 PM
Please point out where exactly i've said that i dont want people to express their opinion.I clearly stated that noone here(other than mods) has the right to exercise authority. There's a massive difference between an opinion and authority.So i feel my argument against them isn't flawed as i didnt stop them from expressing their opinion.

who in the blue world was exercising authority (bolded it for your easyness ;)) in THIS thread?

P.S. i don't see conversation moving forward so perhaps the thread. Mr soulreaper (btw i find your nick offensive... u won't rep my soul, will u? :P) brought the conversation back to opinion and authority...whhich i though was already responded.

P.P.S. my P.S. is longer than text :01:

Please go through the entire thread in grave detail and figure it out. I have no more energy/patience to explain,sorry.

No i won't "rep" your soul(whatever that means).

Night0wl
02-11-2008, 11:24 PM
look at this from my point of angle if you trade you hurt the tracker's staff, community and others so don't trade and you won't have the problems you are talking about.

+1

As for the thread title. Good that it sucks, more reason to not do it

As for solution. Look at KFlint's post

DKre8ive1
02-11-2008, 11:25 PM
Please point out where exactly i've said that i dont want people to express their opinion.I clearly stated that noone here(other than mods) has the right to exercise authority. There's a massive difference between an opinion and authority.So i feel my argument against them isn't flawed as i didn't stop them from expressing their opinion.

I never released that a regular member had the authority to make another member do something that they didn't want to do by what they posted on a forum. So I am guessing from you view point if a member told me go jump off a bridge I would go ahead and do it.

As for calling people lowlifes I am sorry but it was you who started that with your opening post.

Because of the abundance of low life interlopers here whose 2 cents are worth negative 3.

And thanks for the advice you gave to the mods about handing out infractions to those that spam. :lol:

You have every right to your opinion but so does everyone else and thats all that is being posted here since only the FST staff have the authority to do something, so maybe a better option would of been to send the staff a pm giving them all your great ideas on how to moderate the invite section instead of calling everyone who does not agree with you a lowlife.

I think that would of been a better option since these lowlife you speak usually are the ones with the invites and who are looking for good users to give there invites too for free no trade needed.

soulreaper
02-11-2008, 11:29 PM
I never released that a regular member had the authority to make another member do something that they didn't want to do by what they posted on a forum. So I am guessing from you view point if a member told me go jump off a bridge I would go ahead and do it.

As for calling people lowlifes I am sorry but it was you who started that with your opening post.

Because of the abundance of low life interlopers here whose 2 cents are worth negative 3.

OMG! where on earth did you get this post from???? I never posted this.You've completely misquoted me.See the first page and see my first post before accusing me!!.That post was made by sonofisis! Hope you're not drunk or something.

ideto
02-11-2008, 11:30 PM
There is something we shouldn't care, because staff's decision is the only thing thatmatter (talking about spamm).
About trade, fst is a trade forum, Idon't trade, I don't care about who trade, there are guys that do it and i think there won't be a 'no trade' rule, and i realy don't care for the simple reason: I don't trade, and I advise the others not to.
If they do it, not my problem.
But I like to help the others, or at least try, so, my advise is not to trade.

DKre8ive1
02-11-2008, 11:35 PM

OMG! where on earth did you get this post from???? I never posted this.You've completely misquoted me.See the first page and see my first post before accusing me!!.That post was made by sonofisis! Hope you're not drunk or something.

Yep sorry about that you are right that was a misquote, but I hope you read the rest of my post and I wish you would comment on that part.

No I am not drunk and I am also able to admit when I am wrong on things.

pro267
02-12-2008, 12:38 AM
As to your discussion with Artemis and the Sarge, I believe that the flaw in your arguments is inherent in the fact that you've voiced them: how can you expect a person to refrain from expressing his/her opinions on the actions of others wherever he so wishes when you've clearly done the same in this thread?Please point out where exactly i've said that i dont want people to express their opinion.
How about here:

If you don't trade you won't feel like a low-lifeSo basically you're implying that traders are lowlifes? Jesus christ,you should'nt even be on FST with such extreme beliefs.How do you manage to even thrive in a community when you have no respect/consideration for another person's opinion/belief?
As you can see, Artemis expressed his opinion about the way traders feel and you've responded with yours by saying that you believe that he shouldn't be using FST with such "extreme beliefs". The way I read this is that you think that his beliefs do not have a place in FST. In other words, you've expressed criticism regarding his opinions/beliefs and dimmed them unworthy of being expressed in FST.

I clearly stated that noone here(other than mods) has the right to exercise authority. There's a massive difference between an opinion and authority. So i feel my argument against them isn't flawed as i didnt stop them from expressing their opinion.
That's just it: Artemis did not attempt to exercise any authority, he merely stated his opinion. You're the one that started the whole "authority" issue, which is really not related to the post made by Artemis (as you've obviously acknowledged since you've already agreed to the part in my previous post where I said that). Perhaps the fact that you've associated an improper behavior to an individual which wasn't guilty of it is what started this whole misunderstanding.

WarrenBuffet
02-12-2008, 01:19 AM
something better than fst is in the works

Note:

TheFoX
02-12-2008, 01:33 AM
There are two types of people here, as there are at any forum based community, and they are those...

1) who use a community...

2) who are part of a community...

The first type use a community as a means to an end, and have no real feelings for the place they use. They are clinical in their feelings. Whether be FST, or a private tracker, the only worth of the place is in the information interchange (filesharing or account trading).

The second type will encompass the first type, but go the extra mile by becoming involved with the community, as other peers who feel the same. These people are more likely to enrich a community with their contributions, and make virtual friends. They are also the people who value their membership, and not abuse a set of unwritten rules of social behaviour.

Whether it be here, or on a private tracker, the people who are part of the community is what makes the community special.

Spammers are here simply to use this board to advertise their wants and discharges. They use this place like an advertising exec would use a billboard.

Genuine members are here to enrich their lives, and will respect the wishes of their peers, even if their beliefs differ.

It is so easy to tell those who are genuine members from the forum spammers who have no interest in this place. Those who contribute will find friendship and support here. Those who don't will eventually find a boot up their arse...

Cabalo
02-12-2008, 02:02 AM
I motion to have a separate forum for trading and giveaways and a proper enforecment of spam, this is ridiculous.

that already exists, it's invite only, with 0 scams in some months existence, and i am not getting you invited there due to your leet-wannabe stand on this issue.

learn one thing: this service is provided for you for free. if you don't like it, bug off.

you've missed this forum's main goal. it's not about trading or suiting your needs. that's an extra that it provides.

jonny81985
02-12-2008, 02:09 AM
There are two types of people here, as there are at any forum based community, and they are those...

1) who use a community...

2) who are part of a community...

The first type use a community as a means to an end, and have no real feelings for the place they use. They are clinical in their feelings. Whether be FST, or a private tracker, the only worth of the place is in the information interchange (filesharing or account trading).

The second type will encompass the first type, but go the extra mile by becoming involved with the community, as other peers who feel the same. These people are more likely to enrich a community with their contributions, and make virtual friends. They are also the people who value their membership, and not abuse a set of unwritten rules of social behaviour.

Whether it be here, or on a private tracker, the people who are part of the community is what makes the community special.

Spammers are here simply to use this board to advertise their wants and discharges. They use this place like an advertising exec would use a billboard.

Genuine members are here to enrich their lives, and will respect the wishes of their peers, even if their beliefs differ.

It is so easy to tell those who are genuine members from the forum spammers who have no interest in this place. Those who contribute will find friendship and support here. Those who don't will eventually find a boot up their arse...

To the OP, you are free to share your opinion on this board whenever you like. Just dont expect everyone to agree with you and succumb to your wishes. If you think FST is so terrible than why do you hang out here?

I for one love this community and have made some good e-friends here. As you put it "begging for invites" isnt always hte case. I have pretty much every tracker i desire and never had to beg for any invites at all. In fact my friends here will give me any invite I ask for that they have, and i in turn will do the same for them. Just because we dont trade does not make us beggers. Just as you say you are not a low life for trading, we are no low life's for not.

I dont agree with trading but it is allowed here so I accept it. I will extend a welcome from myself to you here. Even though we have different views and opinions does that mean we cant exist in the same community? I wont trade with you and I dont expect you to give me anything either. What i will do is welcome you here and invite you to share your opinions, alls i ask is that you try and tone it down a little and share so opinions respectfully.

Jon

SAM
02-12-2008, 02:15 AM
yes, there is too much spam lately and yes, it's hard to trade :D
but this why FST is full of life and the topics are vivid.
anyway,you have to get used to the spam if you want to stay around here :)

paul1026
02-12-2008, 02:17 AM
Best advice is STOP TRADING. I used to trade, and it isn't worth it... giveaways are the way it should be done!

SAM
02-12-2008, 02:23 AM
Best advice is STOP TRADING. I used to trade, and it isn't worth it... giveaways are the way it should be done!

this is really the best advice :)

SgtMajor
02-12-2008, 02:30 AM

this is really the best advice :)

The best advice is not to give advice, and leave people alone to do whatever they want to do, and post (within the board rules) what they want to post, and if they leave their threads open, then they are inviting discussion, and if they close their threads then that is also their option, and if people post in that open thread then that is their choice to do so (there are spam rules in a sticky to define what is and isn't spam) so providing it is all within the rules, then it should be encouraged, not put down by those who dislike it.

SAM
02-12-2008, 02:35 AM
i guess we are in public forum so i can give advices and people have their choice whether to use it or not.
happy to read your posts,sgtMajor :D

SgtMajor
02-12-2008, 02:44 AM
i guess we are in public forum so i can give advices and people have their choice whether to use it or not.
happy to read your posts,sgtMajor :D

But I would defend your right of reply, I would never presume to tell you what to post or where or how to post. That is your choice, as is this my choice to reply to you, the thread is open for discussion, so we will discuss.

Only when the thread is closed, or it is against board rules, should that prevent me from posting, certainly not some outspoken member should have the arbitrary decision to say what is and isn't allowed.

Detale
02-12-2008, 03:06 AM
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j1/detpulsar/this-thread-is-gay1.jpg

Rumblin
02-12-2008, 03:07 AM

Note:

i love this guy, pm me

KFlint
02-12-2008, 03:19 AM
alf did a lot of workout since i saw him last time lol

Rumblin
02-12-2008, 03:23 AM

Yep sorry about that you are right that was a misquote, but I hope you read the rest of my post and I wish you would comment on that part.

dont lie, you are drunk :)

DKre8ive1
02-12-2008, 04:23 AM

dont lie, you are drunk :)

Yes I like to drink but to be honest I was not drunk when I posted that. :P

As for the original poster I think he did a hit and run on this thread which just pisses me off, because why would he start a thread like this and not want to debate his viewpoint.

iNSOMNiA
02-12-2008, 04:37 AM
Same mentally challenged ppl arguing on the same thing over and over again.. kind of a déjà vu here..

deuce6000
02-12-2008, 04:37 AM
You don't have to stay around trust me no one will miss you..

willsmith099
02-12-2008, 06:20 AM
I agree with ts :D

soulreaper
02-12-2008, 07:14 AM

In response to this all i'll say is that people are free to express their opinion in the appropriate thread.
I never asked anyone to jump off a bridge but if thats how you felt then that's how you interpreted it.

Artemis
02-12-2008, 07:19 AM
In response to this all i'll say is that people are free to express their opinion in the appropriate thread.

so now we have a u turn ? this is exactly what I was saying in the beginning, this is a public forum with differing opinions, it was you who managed to twist those words around, and now you are saying that people can express themselves ? how gracious of you............

soulreaper
02-12-2008, 07:24 AM
Please point out where exactly i've said that i dont want people to express their opinion.
How about here:

If you don't trade you won't feel like a low-lifeSo basically you're implying that traders are lowlifes? Jesus christ,you should'nt even be on FST with such extreme beliefs.How do you manage to even thrive in a community when you have no respect/consideration for another person's opinion/belief?
As you can see, Artemis expressed his opinion about the way traders feel and you've responded with yours by saying that you believe that he shouldn't be using FST with such "extreme beliefs". The way I read this is that you think that his beliefs do not have a place in FST. In other words, you've expressed criticism regarding his opinions/beliefs and dimmed them unworthy of being expressed in FST.

I clearly stated that noone here(other than mods) has the right to exercise authority. There's a massive difference between an opinion and authority. So i feel my argument against them isn't flawed as i didnt stop them from expressing their opinion.
That's just it: Artemis did not attempt to exercise any authority, he merely stated his opinion. You're the one that started the whole "authority" issue, which is really not related to the post made by Artemis (as you've obviously acknowledged since you've already agreed to the part in my previous post where I said that). Perhaps the fact that you've associated an improper behavior to an individual which wasn't guilty of it is what started this whole misunderstanding.

Me:- Traders shouldn't be made to feel like lowlifes.

Artemis:-If you dont trade you wont feel like a lowlife.

Me:-If you have such extreme beliefs then you shouldn't even be on FST(This is my opinion,needn't agree with it.)

You can clearly see a difference of opinion here.There's nothing else to it,so please get off my back.

Response to Artemis:-

A u-turn? Not even close,refer to what i just said and please don't endlessly argue like a 15 yr old child fighting with his mommy for a few extra perks.

You want to have the last word? Go right ahead,have it. I'm not gonna respond to you anymore(so you'll probably have the last word).

This isn't a battle of egos to me,but it maybe to you.

Artemis
02-12-2008, 08:02 AM
soul reaper we can merrily go at this all day and all night if you wish, my 'extreme belief' as you so cunningly put it was a response to words you used, I simply turned the phrase :

taking the piss out of the trader and making him feel like a lowlife

and turned it back on you, so you are the one with the extreme belief since you are the one that used that term ?

Everyone else but you who has posted in this thread has reiterated that to you but you persist in singling the phrase out and using it as some kind of battlecry when you used it? I mean how many different posters actually need to repeat the same thing back to you before you grasp the basic concept?
seriously, this is a public forum not a remedial reading class.

Polarbear
02-12-2008, 08:13 AM
dear soulreaper,

during the first month while you didn't have access to the invite section you made exactly four posts on fst.

that indicates that your only purpose of being a member here is to get invites.

after access to the invites section you posted things like: "would you invite me?", "very good giveaway" and "good luck, hope you get in", just like every other newcomer.

you make the impression to me of a very common noob, who's looking for invites, which is fair enough.

now all over sudden you are trying to start an argument with respected members who have much more experience in the bittorrent world than you.

take my advice. settle down a little, do a little trading or whatever you like and gain some knowledge about other members and fst in general.

contribute to fst in other ways than complaining about other people's opinions.

help people if you have answers - ask questions if you need answers.

of course you can just continue arrogant discussions with people who might (or might not) invite you to the sites you are looking for one day. feel free to post whatever you like.

you may have already ruined your chances to get invites to some great trackers for free by now.

that leaves me to nothing but to wish you: happy trading!

soulreaper
02-12-2008, 08:37 AM
dear soulreaper,

during the first month while you didn't have access to the invite section you made exactly four posts on fst.

that indicates that your only purpose of being a member here is to get invites.

While it maybe true that my first posts were in the bittorrent section,You're assuming that my only purpose is to get invites.You being a long time member here, how's it that 73.86 % of your posts come in the bittorent section and most of them are in the bittorrent invites section? Practice what you preach,polarbear.
Stop assuming what my intentions are because you don't even know me.

after access to the invites section you posted things like: "would you invite me?", "very good giveaway" and "good luck, hope you get in", just like every other newcomer.

you make the impression to me of a very common noob, who's looking for invites, which is fair enough.

What else do you post in the bittorrent invites section? Do you say Happy halloween,happy thanksgiving?

Calling me a n00b(when i'm not) is extremely unpleasant.Please give up your "holier-than-thou' attitude and increase your humility to new members of FST.

now all over sudden you are trying to start an argument with respected members who have much more experience in the bittorrent world than you.

take my advice. settle down a little, do a little trading or whatever you like and gain some knowledge about other members and fst in general.

contribute to fst in other ways than complaining about other people's opinions.

Your impression of me not having any experience in the bittorrent world is derived from where exactly? Sorry to say,its completely flawed as you dont know what trackers i'm on and dont know since when i've been torrenting.By having more posts on FST doesn't mean you're more experienced than a guy who has about 40 posts.

help people if you have answers - ask questions if you need answers.

of course you can just continue arrogant discussions with people who might (or might not) invite you to the sites you are looking for one day. feel free to post whatever you like.

you may have already ruined your chances to get invites to some great trackers for free by now.

that leaves me to nothing but to wish you: happy trading!

First off,i'm not seeking invites to high level trackers.
It's just that i like expressing my opinion about certain issues and this isn't against the rules of FST,so stop being sarcastic.

Get over your "reg mentality" and develop humility is all i'll say to you from your 'holier-than-thou' egoistic post.

nixonsparanoia
02-12-2008, 08:47 AM
Obviously if you show up here and only make a few posts and ask for invites you must be a simpleton. I mean...its obvious to me.
Happy Halloween.

DKre8ive1
02-12-2008, 08:52 AM

Thanks for agreeing with what just about every user here was trying to get across to you.

I never asked anyone to jump off a bridge but if thats how you felt then that's how you interpreted it.

You missed my point I was just using that as in example that no matter what kind of authority a user feels he has and is demanding something to be done in the end of the day the only ones with real authority are the staff of FST so the best bet is to report it and let them handle it.

In a forum like this when a user makes a post its an opinion no matter how you look at it, since no one here has any authority over another except for staff.

soulreaper
02-12-2008, 09:00 AM

Thanks for agreeing with what just about every user here was trying to get across to you.

You missed my point I was just using that as in example that no matter what kind of authority a user feels he has and is demanding something to be done in the end of the day the only ones with real authority are the staff of FST so the best bet is to report it and let them handle it.

In a forum like this when a user makes a post its an opinion no matter how you look at it, since no one here has any authority over another except for staff.

I didn't miss your point and i know you didn't mean LITERALLY to jump off a bridge,got your point.
Well done you've cleared that for everyone especially the "Regs" who think they know it all and who think they can dictate terms to new members.

mrnobody
02-12-2008, 12:16 PM
a parrot would have learned quicker :sigh:

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j1/detpulsar/this-thread-is-gay1.jpg

:yes:

TheFoX
02-12-2008, 01:11 PM
@ soulreaper...

There is a pattern to all your posts in this thread, and that is one of inflamation.

Do you enjoy the banter with other members? Are you trying to rile them?

Every single post in this thread, excepting the first one, is retaliatory, as if you have something to prove, or disprove.

kostnkost
02-12-2008, 01:15 PM
Seems like a lowlife to me:P

soulreaper
02-12-2008, 02:15 PM
@ soulreaper...

There is a pattern to all your posts in this thread, and that is one of inflamation.

Every single post in this thread, excepting the first one, is retaliatory, as if you have something to prove, or disprove.

A pattern? Hm,how very observant of you to notice that.That again is how you view my posts.

Everytime someone questions my integrity(like you just did) i feel the need to stand up and defend myself. I don't see anything wrong with this.This doesn't mean i'm "riling" any member here as i don't even know them and i'm not enjoying this "banter" as you so eloquently put it.

Ironic how you view only my posts as banter(perhaps because i dont have 1000+posts to back up my opinion),sounds like you're biased.

Stand up for what you think is right is what i believe in and its precisely what i'm doing right now.

If you have a problem with me and my beliefs then go right ahead and ignore me, i just don't care.

kostnkost
02-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Don't feed the troll.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/kostnkost/troll.jpg

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v292/kostnkost/?action=view&current=troll.jpg

sear
02-12-2008, 03:36 PM
Well done you've cleared that for everyone especially the "Regs" who think they know it all and who think they can dictate terms to new members.

Well mate, it's the regular posters that have been here for a while that make FST what it is. They're the ones that contribute to the feel of the board more than anyone else. I'm not saying anyone has a right to "dictate terms" which is fucking ridiculous anyway because no one is trying to do that. They do however have a right to assert their influence and opinion.

Would you prefer there were no regular posters here? We could just leave it to the invite section and all it would be is good luck and trade request. But that would be pretty boring wouldn't it.

I think you'll find that every forum has its regular posters that make up the feel of the place. You either fit in or you don't, that's part of posting in a forum get over it. As for the "regs" screwing with your trades I think you'll find that isn't the case. Most of the trade trolls have only been here a short time kind of like you :dabs:

As for the rest of your argument, your like a dog chasing it's tale. You just can't give up. It is slightly amusing though, so thanks for the lolz.

p.s. if you don't like the regs why don't you piss off to realpoor.

wheeloftime
02-12-2008, 04:08 PM
People are classified as 'regs' because they contribute more to these forums than others do and yes they have opinions, thats not the same as dictating things.
Most of the regulars are people who appreciate the whole community aspect of torrenting and are usually active in the site forums too. Their opinions about the sites may be stronger than others, but that is perhaps because the sites mean more to them than other more casual users.
If you don't like those opinions either argue your side or like Sear said piss off to somewhere you feel less bullied. But having a go at people because of their post count is just stupid.

Something Else
02-12-2008, 04:24 PM
I think we should just leave the tards to themselves.
Anyone with an I.Q. over say 40 shouldn't be allowed in the invite section.
Let them fight it out. I for one don't give a shit.

soulreaper
02-12-2008, 04:59 PM

Well mate, it's the regular posters that have been here for a while that make FST what it is. They're the ones that contribute to the feel of the board more than anyone else. I'm not saying anyone has a right to "dictate terms" which is fucking ridiculous anyway because no one is trying to do that. They do however have a right to assert their influence and opinion.

Asserting influence by regs is basically the same thing as bullying which is not healthy to the forum.The faster you understand this the better.

Would you prefer there were no regular posters here? We could just leave it to the invite section and all it would be is good luck and trade request. But that would be pretty boring wouldn't it.

This board isn't run by what my preferences/likes/dislikes are and i'm certainly not complaining.

Most of the trade trolls have only been here a short time kind of like you :dabs:

"Trade trolls". Hm,very insightful of you to use such a derogatory term to collectively name traders as "trade trolls".I already see you hate traders.

As for the rest of your argument, your like a dog chasing it's tale. You just can't give up. It is slightly amusing though, so thanks for the lolz.

p.s. if you don't like the regs why don't you piss off to realpoor.

I'll say again.I don't have a personal vendetta against any reg, I'll certainly defend myself if my integrity is in question.

Basically,you laughed at your own ignorance as you made no constructive post regarding the topic title itself,instead you conveniently picked on me.

kostnkost
02-12-2008, 05:18 PM
http://thumb9.webshots.net/s/thumb1/6/25/29/196262529ohsilA_th.jpg

puckface
02-12-2008, 05:30 PM
Man, after reading all of this. Some of you people have high opinions of yourselves and very low opinions of others for whatever reason and I see the words low life thrown around a lot.

Trader or non- trader, giver away, or none of the above. Im going to assume we all torrent. This is why I dont get the high and mighty attitudes of the non- traders. Because when it comes down to it, you and I and everyone here all all fucking scumbags, we steal shit, thats what it comes down to... rationalize it in any way you want.

Ive always found that having rules about a site that allows you to steal shit is ludacris. Not to speak of the holier than thou people who think their shit dont stink. Yes, youre a scumbag too.

OH, and to the OP.. if you dont like spam, post a thread, close it and open it every 12 hours to bump it.

kostnkost
02-12-2008, 05:34 PM
Who said anything about stealing?

I am borrowing.:dabs:

puckface
02-12-2008, 05:42 PM
Who said anything about stealing?

I am borrowing.:dabs:

haha, like I said. Rationalize it in any way you want.

cheers

sear
02-12-2008, 05:47 PM
Asserting influence by regs is basically the same thing as bullying which is not healthy to the forum.The faster you understand this the better.

I can only see one bully in this thread :dry: Seeing as I have no desire to "understand" I guess we'll all be the poorer for it. It's far healthier for this board to only consist of trading and barley legible spam rather than constructive and lively argument and discussion.

It's good to see that in your two or three months here you've come to learn everything about this forum and are able to dictate what's good for it and me.

I think the sooner you understand that no one is forcing you to trade here the better. Like I said before if you don't like things around here than go somewhere else.

This board isn't run by what my preferences/likes/dislikes are and i'm certainly not complaining.

Complaining or whining it all sounds the same to me. You like to talk in circles don't you. This whole thread is you complaining. That and you acting defensively towards people with different opinions than you.

"Trade trolls". Hm,very insightful of you to use such a derogatory term to collectively name traders as "trade trolls".I already see you hate traders.

lol...that's the second time you misunderstood someones post.

A. I don't hate anyone.
B. I do disagree with trading and think it's childish and wrong.
C. I was referring to people trolling trading threads not traders. Use google if that explanation isn't enough for you.

I'll say again.I don't have a personal vendetta against any reg, I'll certainly defend myself if my integrity is in question.

Basically,you laughed at your own ignorance as you made no constructive post regarding the topic title itself,instead you conveniently picked on me.

This thread has clearly moved on from the title. I can post what I like when I like whether or not it's explicitly spelled out in the title.

But I will make one point pertaining to the title...good. I'm glad FST sucks for trading.

To be honest I think you're the one that's ignorant and yes that is picking on you. I'm the school yard bully if you don't like it put me on ignore.

Something Else
02-12-2008, 06:26 PM
Invite forums are for those with no social skills. True Story. :smilie4:

RengeeTT
02-12-2008, 07:06 PM
Hey, at the end of the day it's like in 'ol saying :

"Opinions are like a$$$holes.. everybody's got one and they are all shitty. "
No offence, just a tag hint.. :clown::

xJohnxSmithx
02-12-2008, 08:26 PM
hey soulreaper
When i first started here i had the same mentality as you did. I was didn't have a clue about the ins and outs of BT. Since i was a total noob i spent time listening to the regs here. Guys like sgt Major for example always gave good advice. Following the advice of the regs was the best thing i could have done. Within 6 months time i have recieved every tracker I have ever wanted, all given to me for free from regs here. I didn't look at it as bullying but as good advice and it has sure paid off. So if you think you know more than these people, Good luck!

roflmao

mrnobody
02-12-2008, 09:36 PM
Anyone with an I.Q. over say 40 shouldn't be allowed in the invite section.

then would come....a I.Q. cheat software :lol:

Invite forums are for those with no social skills. True Story. :smilie4:

stop your campaign againt 'bit-tard' section :P

kostnkost
02-12-2008, 09:39 PM
hey soulreaper
Guys like sgt Major for example always gave good advice.

:whistling

mrnobody
02-12-2008, 10:13 PM
@soulreaper (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/soulreaper-190072), just looked at your post history http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/search.php?searchid=2436499

and majority of your recent post are in this and 'trading better than giveaway?' thread. It appears (assumption) to me that you are here to do nothing but troll.

I think Artemis already explained (although there was NO necessity for him to explain) about the reference to "low-life" (he was barely rephrasing U)...but yet as Sear said you are acting like a Dog trying to catch his tail.

edit:

I read this whole thread once again but i really don't see the conversation moving forward. I mean, isn't the purpose of the debate to move the conversation forward (regardless of what the outcome is)? You were arguing on 'opinion' vs 'authority' in 2-4 pages of the thread...and although Artemis clarified what he said about 'lowlife', you couldn't let it go, could you?

Next thing you do is make reference to 'regs' and how they act as authority. First and foremost, lemme tell you once again that nobody here has an authority (except for mods...even they are friendly bunch). Second of all, define 'regs'? If a user has been here for 10 days and makes 100 post each day, you will consider him a reg? It appears to me you are doing so. As Sear said, those 'trade troll' (his term) haven't been here for long enough...i myself haven't been here for ~ 3 month only. And last but not least, i agree that there are some very respectable, long term members who are totally against trading but what is wrong with that? Like yourself, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Plus, what's pathetic is how you seem to attack so called 'regs'. You are making a pre-judge...or say generalization like: "all American are fat".

I hope i didn't waste my time typing all that...although i am having second though that i actually did. If folks above couldn't get the stuff into you head, i don't think m words will make any difference =/

Bucktoof
02-12-2008, 10:28 PM
The only thing I really don't like about the threads is when someone posts that they want to trade or are giving away invites, spammers come and leave useless comments like, "Good giveaway" or "Nice giveaway" or "Hope you get what you're looking for."

Something Else
02-12-2008, 11:36 PM
stop your campaign againt 'bit-tard' section :P

Soz. I don't want you out of a home, honest. :smilie4:

seppypom
02-13-2008, 01:31 AM
are we having fun yet?

Artemis
02-13-2008, 01:45 AM
are we having fun yet?

well I am how about you ? :naughty:

TheFoX
02-13-2008, 05:19 AM
@ soulreaper...

A pattern? Hm,how very observant of you to notice that.That again is how you view my posts.

I believe that is how many here view your posts. I also detect a hint of sarcasm in your response.

Everytime someone questions my integrity(like you just did) i feel the need to stand up and defend myself. I don't see anything wrong with this.This doesn't mean i'm "riling" any member here as i don't even know them and i'm not enjoying this "banter" as you so eloquently put it.

You obviously have a very active imagination if you think that we are questioning your integrity. I was merely questioning your motives to keep posting the way you have been.

You also assume too much. I questioned whether you were enjoying the banter, not stated you were enjoying the banter. Remember that assumption is the mother of all fuck ups...

Ironic how you view only my posts as banter(perhaps because i dont have 1000+posts to back up my opinion),sounds like you're biased.

Stand up for what you think is right is what i believe in and its precisely what i'm doing right now.

If you have a problem with me and my beliefs then go right ahead and ignore me, i just don't care.

That last sentence is a contradiction. If you really didn't care, you would not respond the way you have been. The mere fact that you respond at all obviously means you do care.

When you use strong words like 'integrity', you are making a statement about yourself.

Most of your posts in this thread are of a defensive nature, with a few offensive posts thrown in for good measure. This speaks highly of your own opinions, and how strongly you support them, which is not a negative slight.

How you perceive others may be the making or breaking of you. If you think that everyone is being hostile to you, regardless of whether they are or not, then hostility will ensue.

You need to take a step back and re-read much of what is written here, and see if more than one meaning can be attributed to any single post. You may surprise yourself to realise that not everyone is being hostile. On the other hand, you may decide to respond in the manner you have applied to previous posts, and label me as an agitator.

The choice is yours at the end of the day...

TP635
02-13-2008, 05:52 AM
Has the troll-boy gone?

Artemis
02-13-2008, 08:12 AM
seems so :naughty: but you never know.................

soulreaper
02-13-2008, 10:22 AM
@soulreaper (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/soulreaper-190072), just looked at your post history http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/search.php?searchid=2436499

and majority of your recent post are in this and 'trading better than giveaway?' thread. It appears (assumption) to me that you are here to do nothing but troll.

That link doesn't work. Don't mean to be rude but i find it ironic and laughable that a known spammer like you accuses me of trolling when you troll on a daily basis.
You accuse me of trolling,then what exactly are you doing responding to my posts? Why do you feel the need to lecture me,afterall you don't even know me?

Oh! It just hit me! You're spamming as always,gee i shouldve known!

TP635
02-13-2008, 10:25 AM
seems so :naughty: but you never know.................

Ah:frusty: he is back...

soulreaper
02-13-2008, 10:54 AM

I believe that is how many here view your posts. I also detect a hint of sarcasm in your response.

You're assuming how others view my posts and you just stated that "assumption is the mother of all fuckups". However,i don't mind. I'm sure we can live with this.I wasn't trying to be sarcastic,sorry you felt that way.

You obviously have a very active imagination if you think that we are questioning your integrity. I was merely questioning your motives to keep posting the way you have been.

My motives were to simply reply to the questions i was posed with,it simply wasn't to tarnish anyone's reputation here.

You need to take a step back and re-read much of what is written here, and see if more than one meaning can be attributed to any single post. You may surprise yourself to realise that not everyone is being hostile. On the other hand, you may decide to respond in the manner you have applied to previous posts, and label me as an agitator.

The choice is yours at the end of the day...

I don't think you're an agitator. As a matter of fact from all the responses i've got so far yours is the most genuine and heartfelt i've got so far,ty. I'd like to believe that not everyone is being hostile but this maynot be the case as the "tone" of their msgs had a great degree of rudeness and sarcasm.If you look back at some of the other posters responding to me(with an open mind) and not just my posts i'm sure you'll detect it.
Ty again for understanding.

J-dye
02-13-2008, 10:58 AM
boring :shit:

Artemis
02-13-2008, 11:27 AM
Soul reaper your slippery slope arguments keep changing? This thread has become about your integrity (as you perceive it) and the fact that others are condescending in their posts, yet multiple posters replying that this isnt the case you still persist?
Saying that you feel others are condescending in their posts because they are regular posters here and that they should be more humble with new users is fatuous. They are here for a reason they are part of the community, there opinions are valid whether you personally feel that they are condescending or not.
However much you persist this will not change, they are regular posters here, many of those who have replied to your posts are either respected members or staff of trackers, and their opinions are as valid as yours.
No one else in this thread has felt the need to say that their integrity is in any way challenged by anything said in here and not a single other poster has felt in anyway condescended?
I do note that the original poster has managed to do a hit & run on this thread posting a contentious flame post then disappearing off into the distance but even that has now been altered by your personal sense of loss of integrity?
At this late point I am actually kind of confused myself, this thread has meandered far from its original intention and become a personal crusade for you?

mrnobody
02-13-2008, 12:18 PM

That link doesn't work. Don't mean to be rude but i find it ironic and laughable that a known spammer like you accuses me of trolling when you troll on a daily basis.
You accuse me of trolling,then what exactly are you doing responding to my posts? Why do you feel the need to lecture me,afterall you don't even know me?

Oh! It just hit me! You're spamming as always,gee i shouldve known!

there is a difference between 'spamming' and 'trolling'

beside, most of the post in this thread are way off from the original content...by that mean majority of the post (including yours) in this thread are nothing but spam :naughty:

bikernin
02-13-2008, 12:36 PM
my god this thread is still on!! you got to rename this to "The Official FST Stubbornness Thread"

kostnkost
02-13-2008, 01:59 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/kostnkost/troll2.jpg

sear
02-13-2008, 04:04 PM

You're assuming how others view my posts and you just stated that "assumption is the mother of all fuckups". However,i don't mind. I'm sure we can live with this.I wasn't trying to be sarcastic,sorry you felt that way.

Hmmm....

So you were honestly congratulating him for being observant. :sly:

KFlint
02-13-2008, 04:14 PM
my god this thread is still on!! you got to rename this to "The Official FST Stubbornness Thread"

couldn't agree more...

Pzero
02-13-2008, 05:24 PM
Without question there is a huge amount of spamming in the invites forum, but I just hope that most of them don't end up getting the invites they seek.

deepee
02-13-2008, 05:25 PM
fst is better than most other forums