PDA

View Full Version : Splitting the Inivte Section

mamacita
02-11-2008, 08:43 PM
Now that the Bittorrent invite section is on the road to soon hit the 50,000 threads mark, I think it is high time we consider reorganizing how it is set up. I, for one, am getting a little tired of having to mull through a myriad of requests and low lvl giveaways just to find a thread of interest.

My suggestion would be, at the very least, to split the invite section into a request sub-forum, a giveaway sub-forum and a trade sub-forum.

Ideally, It would also be of interest to me to have a "vip" invite forum, where one wouldn't have to look at x number of STmusic and libble invites, etc. I know this is pushing it, however, and thus my main suggestion is just to split the section into the above three categories.

Your thoughts? Is this pointless? Am I blowing hot air?

mrnobody
02-11-2008, 08:45 PM
i like the way it is

btw, this has been discussed PLENTY of times before, use search feature :P

J-dye
02-11-2008, 08:54 PM
one for giveaways and one for trade would be nice

that could reduce the spam

mamacita
02-11-2008, 08:57 PM
I did search it, but felt it needed a recap.

I brought it up again because people have been posting lately on how much they dislike the spam that occurs.

C-mos
02-11-2008, 09:00 PM
nothing for trade :)

invites should be free :)

SgtMajor
02-11-2008, 09:00 PM
Is this pointless? Am I blowing hot air?

Yes to both questions is the answer you are looking for.

bikernin
02-11-2008, 09:10 PM
some topics just keep resurfacing every now and then..
i think you've gotten your answer by now. either way, no matter what you may feel, aint gonna happen

BlueLabel
02-11-2008, 09:14 PM
I think its better that way insted of jumping from subforum to subforum

mamacita
02-11-2008, 09:42 PM
Fair enough.

mrnobody
02-11-2008, 09:43 PM
I did search it, but felt it needed a recap.

FST staffer already said NO [forgot to mention that part in my previous post] so idk what is there to recap.

I brought it up again because people have been posting lately on how much they dislike the spam that occurs.

what makes u think splitting the section will discourage spam?

in fact, i can see more anti-trader spamming the trading section :lol:

...and there is report section for a reason :rolleyes:

1000possibleclaws
02-11-2008, 09:45 PM
the way it is works fine. there are plenty of other forums you can go to that do have vip sections for people who pay, as well as trades and giveaways separate

kooftspc11
02-11-2008, 09:52 PM
I actually like the idea. it sucks to post a thread and then see it moved to middle of second page in 2 hours

drmshmsh
02-11-2008, 10:04 PM
if 1 for trade and 1 for giveaway i guess it will be little bad

TriviuM
02-11-2008, 10:31 PM
i personaly think their should be as it separates trades from the giveaways and requests

ajsi
02-11-2008, 10:38 PM
im for separate invite section. it wil be more transparetnt and the newer topics will be in a upper part of the page without bumping...

Detale
02-11-2008, 10:45 PM
Yeah been discussed over and over, As far as I know it's not going to happen, sorry

BluRossonero
02-11-2008, 10:45 PM
i personaly think their should be as it separates trades from the giveaways and requests

Yes, I also believe that there should be 3 subsections: trades, giveaways and requests. But also, to be way easier, each should have 2 subsections: open threads and closed threads. When somebody closes a thread it should be moved to closed. Just my opinion.

:happy:

soulreaper
02-11-2008, 10:46 PM
Now that the Bittorrent invite section is on the road to soon hit the 50,000 threads mark, I think it is high time we consider reorganizing how it is set up. I, for one, am getting a little tired of having to mull through a myriad of requests and low lvl giveaways just to find a thread of interest.

My suggestion would be, at the very least, to split the invite section into a request sub-forum, a giveaway sub-forum and a trade sub-forum.

Your thoughts? Is this pointless? Am I blowing hot air?

This is the same system that T-I and IT have and it works well. If you separate the 'trading' forum the 'giveaways' forum then it may just stop unneccessary hatefilled ,spam posts in the trade forum from "regs" and "anti-traders" who are unfortunately extremely headstrong.

So yea you have my vote.

fOrUmAs
02-11-2008, 10:53 PM

yea i think this is very good idea and probably that would be best solution for mess in invite section..

Night0wl
02-11-2008, 11:18 PM
Terrible idea. It would not only encourage more trading. It would also prevent the noobs that enter the sections to see just how frowned upon trading is i.e. more trading.

KFlint wrote in another thread just how to prevent spam (I would in many cases call it discussion or information). Make thread for trade and close, after 12 hours open thread, bump, close etc.

That way the trading threads are kept away from the top of page for the most part making the invite section much better.

I think the problem is more that the traders want their threads to be at the top all the time. Well news flash. You can't have both the thread on top and no replies.

monk3y
02-11-2008, 11:27 PM
actually i feel it's good the way it is now, no need to change in my opinion.

Cabalo
02-11-2008, 11:29 PM
i like the way it is now.
and i totally frown upon the idea of "low" or "high" level trackers. All deserve the same respect.

SAM
02-12-2008, 02:25 AM
i guess there is no need to split the invite section.
and it's really annoying how traders nag and cry these days :(

bikernin
02-12-2008, 08:07 AM
yes yes i agree. no spitting in the invite section :no:
those found doing so should be given instant bans

svr
02-12-2008, 12:00 PM
Subforums would reduce bumps and spam which are a bit annoying. Why do you want to keep it as a mess?

mamacita
02-12-2008, 03:35 PM
@Blue_Skies

Precisely because I'm against trading is the main reason I would want another subforum. I hate having to slug through topics like "have **(!!!)."

Likewise, if I someone was in the giving mood, it would be easier to browse a request section and find someone deserving.

But it sounds like the topic has been hashed and rehashed so I'll let it die. All the veterans are against it anyways :P

Saroman
02-12-2008, 03:44 PM
I dont think search supports keywords less than 3 alphabets...

What if i am looking for Giveaway of KG or any other such Site whoses acronyms are used...?

mrnobody
02-12-2008, 09:30 PM
I dont think search supports keywords less than 3 alphabets...

What if i am looking for Giveaway of KG or any other such Site whoses acronyms are used...?

try "giveaway KG"

Say for a second search key did support for less than 3 alphabets but if you typed "KG" it would give you more than just giveaway thread.

cRaZyzMaN
02-13-2008, 01:45 AM
i think it should exist, a section for giveaway, one for req, and another for trade, etccccc

supper
02-13-2008, 01:54 AM
yes i agree about the Splitting.. invite section not comfortable or even safe place to any trader any more so they go to onther tradeing forums and anti traders shouldnt care that much about the Splitting or not as there will be req section for them they even should the first members asking for this Splitting as they panic in every time they see any tradeing thread around

any way i know the Splitting wont happen....

BrownWren
02-13-2008, 07:19 AM
LOL this is funny because I was wondering where I could post give aways... if folks joined the site I am admin of I Like to give some bonus to them if they meet criteria. but didn't see a give away post or a place that says hey message me if you joined such and such site as I am offering FST members a bonus if they meet such and such criteria.

I think splitting up the invite forum for give aways , and request and true open sign ups is a good idea.