PDA

View Full Version : waffles account disabled question

colab
02-11-2008, 11:02 PM
my waffles account was disabled from what I saw no reason for it being disabled. My ratio was up and everything was fine from what I could tell. Is there an IRC chat or some kind of means to ask why it was disabled?

sorry if i am posting this incorrectly.

Hanz™
02-11-2008, 11:03 PM
How has anybody meant to help you since you've given no username.

colab
02-11-2008, 11:09 PM
oh sorry, i thought i would be told to pm someone who can help me. its alkanenine.

NekohDot
02-11-2008, 11:25 PM
Your ratio was really low and thats why your account got disabled i think.

Share ratio 0.178

colab
02-11-2008, 11:41 PM
what in the world! i thought i had a share ratio of 1.17 I only downloaded a few things and kept on seeding them. ugh.
Thanks for the help though.

corpse
02-11-2008, 11:45 PM
Maybe someone get your passkey, or access to account? Maybe you posted a screenshot with you passked or somethin...

Polarbear
02-11-2008, 11:48 PM
what in the world! i thought i had a share ratio of 1.17 I only downloaded a few things and kept on seeding them. ugh.
Thanks for the help though.

your share ratio was fine for the amount you downloaded. there must be another reason only staff can tell.

colab
02-12-2008, 12:03 AM
Maybe someone get your passkey, or access to account? Maybe you posted a screenshot with you passked or somethin...
maybe, i never shared any of my information with anyone else.

your share ratio was fine for the amount you downloaded. there must be another reason only staff can tell.

ok. i guess that is something in which i can't contact the staff about. thanks again.

Torn
02-12-2008, 02:13 AM
Could be the person who invited you? Sometimes they'll ban a person's entire invite tree.

mikeyboy9000
02-21-2010, 05:09 PM
my waffles account was disabled from what I saw no reason for it being disabled. My ratio was up and everything was fine from what I could tell. Is there an IRC chat or some kind of means to ask why it was disabled?

sorry if i am posting this incorrectly.

Not one to drag up a dead thread without a reason, I've searched google, and used all the pages i could find in and around waffles.fm without logging in and i can't get anywhere here:

Basically i tried to log into waffles not less than 15 mins ago, less than say oh 2 weeks tops ago i was logged in and happily lurking through the forums. Basically i am told that my account does not exist or my password is incorrect. I am assuming something has happened to it though i can't imagine why, i had a share ratio fine for my amount (negligble only ~100mb total DL'd) and hadn't been gone 6 weeks of inactivity from logging in.

Can anyone help me as to how i might get onto someone to remedy the situation?

-m

Account was mikeyboy9000

snagit
02-21-2010, 05:27 PM
It appears your account has been disabled. It says you had last signed in 5 days ago...

susiserken
02-21-2010, 05:28 PM
You are banned mikeboy lol :P

You`ve downloaded 98MB and uploaded 1.63MB over 14 weeks could be a reason who knows:P

anon
02-21-2010, 05:37 PM
You`ve downloaded 98MB and uploaded 1.63MB over 14 weeks could be a reason who knows:P

Ratio requirements don't apply until you've downloaded a certain amount of data.

mikeyboy9000, tried going to their IRC channel?

Cabalo
02-21-2010, 06:20 PM
Well, he wasn't banned for cheating, that's for sure :D

Rart
02-21-2010, 06:35 PM
I would recommend trying their IRC channel as well, probably your best bet for getting a straight answer.

irc.p2p-network.net
#waffles.fm-help

TraLaLa
02-21-2010, 07:39 PM
Well, he wasn't banned for cheating, that's for sure :D

this means its not rouser ? :shifty:

Albo Da Kid
02-22-2010, 09:37 AM
Could be the person who invited you? Sometimes they'll ban a person's entire invite tree.

That's not fair imo.

If this was the case the least they could do is give this guys a chance to prove himself.
A way to do that is to check his userdetails in every site and see if there's somethign fishy about him. If not then they should give him his acc back

@colab, do you use the same username in every site?

anon
02-22-2010, 05:14 PM
That's not fair imo.

It definitely isn't.

mikeyboy, IRC should be the fastest way to find out what happened to your account. Keep us updated. :)

Rart
02-22-2010, 09:19 PM
That's not fair imo.

Unfortunately a lot of trackers do that :dabs:. If your inviter suddenly decides that his invites are better spent in trades, you could end up being banned at no fault of your own. I guess in the BT world it saves more time to decide "guilty until proven innocent" so staff will automatically assume the entire tree is filled with traders/rule breakers.

TraLaLa
02-22-2010, 10:07 PM
there is a bit true , a trader will always invite another trader in to a tracker right ? :unsure:

anon
02-22-2010, 10:11 PM
a trader will always invite another trader in to a tracker right ? :unsure:

It doesn't have to be that way...

TraLaLa
02-22-2010, 10:32 PM
not in this world

P2PDog
02-23-2010, 02:26 AM
That's not fair imo.

Unfortunately a lot of trackers do that :dabs:. If your inviter suddenly decides that his invites are better spent in trades, you could end up being banned at no fault of your own. I guess in the BT world it saves more time to decide "guilty until proven innocent" so staff will automatically assume the entire tree is filled with traders/rule breakers.

I would imagine they usually are, and yeah, I can see that it would save a ton of time just banning the entire tree rather than waste countless hours researching each member to determine his/her innocence. If someone truly was innocent and caught in a case like that, a quick trip to irc should clear things up provided they've been a decent and useful member of the site up to that point.

I think it raises an important point: that people should take care with who they accept an invite from, just as they would if they were offering one. If you're going to accept an invite from someone who cheats or trades invites, then you should expect that you'll be associated with that person, and could possibly be banned due to his actions.