PDA

View Full Version : Torrentleech Request section ?

J-dye
02-12-2008, 10:30 AM
wont it be nice if TL would have a request section too like Revtt ? :happy:

do you love to see a request section fot tl ?

i love to see it in tl

ps: i would love to see the CR's view on this one :)

ajsi
02-12-2008, 10:45 AM
i think you can request something from uploaders on tl. some of them have in profile something like you can send me pm with request, but nothing silly...but if will be request section on tl, it will be better if users can't uploading files, that right should be on uploaders sight

BluRossonero
02-12-2008, 10:55 AM
i think you can request something from uploaders on tl. some of them have in profile something like you can send me pm with request, but nothing silly...but if will be request section on tl, it will be better if users can't uploading files, that right should be on uploaders sight

I agree with the fact that if there should be a request part of the tracker only uploaders can do the upload, not everyone.

Anyways, with or without request zone, TL is doing great. In my opinion they are one of the greatest trackers in the world, no doubt about that! :happy:

Keep up the good work!

Sanka113
02-12-2008, 11:07 AM
I think they should take the St approach when it comes to request. They should have a user-upload section in addition to stuff they upload. it'd be the best of both worlds that way.

pandapop
02-12-2008, 11:07 AM
they do have a request section :lol:

raj3186
02-12-2008, 11:08 AM
they do have a request section :lol:
but requests can be filled by only uploaders, not every user ;)

TriviuM
02-12-2008, 11:23 AM
if it was made avilable to all users it would be great !!

J-dye
02-12-2008, 11:25 AM
if it was made avilable to all users it would be great !!

then tl would be like 10 times better :happy:

TriviuM
02-12-2008, 11:28 AM
yeah defo its an awsome site now but to hit the nail on the head to make it a complete site they could introduce a request system, kool tread dude

stoi
02-12-2008, 11:30 AM
Im not a member, but i would say no to everyone filling requests, imo it would be a mess, crap descriptions, things that are not what they say they are (just uploading something for a ratio boost) not everyone knows how to upload properly, and by that i mean only have 1 torrent going in their client and give all available BW to that 1 torrent, not have 100 torrents seeding at the same time.

and it will be a nightmare for the staff to police as well.

silvertec
02-12-2008, 11:41 AM
lol why don't you ask them on tl rather then put this here

raj3186
02-12-2008, 11:43 AM

so all the tracker staff need to learn something from OiNK's staff :D

stoi
02-12-2008, 11:49 AM

All the tracker staff need to learn from OiNK's staff :D

get the system to ban cheats and good uses for them (half jokingly)

Adama
02-12-2008, 11:52 AM
yes a request section at tl will be great

J-dye
02-12-2008, 11:55 AM
lol why don't you ask them on tl rather then put this here

err , you know how active tl forums are :shifty:

mrnobody
02-12-2008, 11:58 AM
i like the way it is

stoi
02-12-2008, 12:33 PM
BTW, regarding the Oink staff quote.

ok they used to allow everyone to upload (i think i was never a member) but they were mainly music, so an album would be 300 meg max, so if a user was seeding it at 10KBs then it doesnt realy matter that much, but if a user uploads a HD movie, or a 360 game thats been requested, and does the same, its not good at all.

and as i wasnt a member im not sure on the quality of the descriptions so i cant really comment on that.

Nemrod
02-12-2008, 12:56 PM
If something is working fine, donīt touch it.
And TL is working very well.

J-dye
02-12-2008, 01:55 PM

yes its working fine , we were talking about making it better :ermm:

Tokeman
02-12-2008, 02:42 PM
User uploads work very well on content specific sites, like oink had, and TDC, and so on. General 0 day sites, it would be a mess IMO. They have plenty of content, and it would just create confusion. Maybe a small subsection for user uploads, that wasn't part of the main site, but not having users upload in all sections.

J-dye
02-12-2008, 02:49 PM
lets see how it works on revtt ;)

Nemrod
02-12-2008, 02:50 PM

yes its working fine , we were talking about making it better :ermm:

I really get your point, but in my humble opinion those decisions must be analyzed very thoroughly. As many users said it could be a huge mess.

I think owners and SysOp have analyzed the option and if they didnīt decide to do it... well, sure they have heavy reasons.

Letīs see the experiment at RevolutionTT, it could give us a good point of view.

stoi
02-12-2008, 02:56 PM
well on BCG, i know you cant realy compare us to TL or RevTT though.

we have an SPU class.

Must achieve a global ratio at or above 2.05, have uploaded more than 100GB, be registered for at least 12 weeks, have at least 15 completed torrents in their history, and have 5 HnR points or less. Promotion is automatic. Don't ask staff to do it. When a Super Power User, if their ratio ever drops below 1.95 or they accumulate more than 5 HnR points, they will automatically be demoted back to Power User status, and they must raise their ratio back or remove their Hit and Runs by seeding in order to be promoted again.

and they can upload requests, they are limited to 1 a month, but if they do a good job and want more, we can grant them more.

KL, Users and PU cant upload requests though.

Now im not saying something like this will/wont work for these 2 trackers, im just explaining that this is how we do it, and it works great for us.