PDA

View Full Version : [Req] Swedvdr

fisherman
02-12-2008, 09:57 PM
Hi there guy's, I'd like to make a request for Swedvdr. If anyone could help me out I'd be very greatful to say the least.

The reason I want Swedvdr is simple, it's for it's large dvd content. I love my dvd's :) I have the other great dvd trackers as in TDC, TTi and thanks to a kind FST'er I also have NB. I'm delighted with what I have already no doubt about that but I have a couple of friends that have swedvdr and they tell me it's on a par with NB but in a different way. They can't invite me as they have some way to go to get invites.

So thats basically the reason I want Swedvdr... and as always any ratio proofs for my dvd trackers or any of my trackers at random would be no problem at all as I keep great ratio's period.

Thanks Guy's :happy:

NOLF
02-12-2008, 10:11 PM
Buddy, you know most DVDR's on swedvdr don't have english subs right?

fisherman
02-12-2008, 10:32 PM
Hi mate :) As I havn't experienced Swedvdr first hand yet I can't really comment too much but yes I gathered not all dvds would be in English or have English subs. IMO NB is fantastic, the content is very nice and the speeds are crazy, I think I was hitting 7mbs down and 5mbs up or possibly more. And my ftp speeds are quite nice too so it's no bother transfering to my HD. So if Swedvd is on a par with NB then I'm really looking forward to hopefully getting it some day.

Rumblin
02-12-2008, 10:40 PM
you just got your nb request, give it time until you make another one

SgtMajor
02-12-2008, 11:11 PM
When, and if more likely, you ever get an invite, and SweDVDR catch you are not Nordic, bang - instant disablement.

It isn't worth the chase.

_coder_
02-12-2008, 11:28 PM
When, and if more likely, you ever get an invite, and SweDVDR catch you are not Nordic, bang - instant disablement.

There is no such rule that has been enforced whereby only Nordic members are allowed. I don't know where you have got your information from or what your source is but you judgment is clouded.

I am not from a Nordic country and registered at SweDVDr over 3weeks ago. If I refrain from posting in the forums and staying away from IRC there is no reason why the staff will disable me. After all its a Swedish site and if I don't know the language I have no need to mingle in. I'm just there for the vast content and if I keep a 1:1 ratio I should stay alive.

Another point I would like to add is that there are many members who are from the US who are members at SweDVDr. I found this out by using the handy "peers" tab in uTorrent. Actually there were more US users compared to Swedish users. I actually conducted this on a few torrents and the results were the same.

So please guys stop with this BS about Nordic IP. On the other hand if you can provide concrete proof I am seriously willing to reconsider.

fisherman
02-13-2008, 12:06 AM
Thanks for the input guy's. I did hear about the IP situation in the past but I heard they banned Polish and can't remember the other but that was only talk too so no "proof" of that.
I have 2 friends that are members, one lives in the UK and signed up a month or so ago with no probs and my other mate lives in the U.S and he also registered not too long ago with no probs so I gathered there would be no problem. But I don't know the official scenario.

BethCooper
02-13-2008, 01:55 AM
Okay, I hope I can fill in some blanks,
Swedvdr have not, and will not ban foreign Ip's, Except! Polish and Israelian ip's, due to bad behaviour, cheating, trading and cominication problems.
So any other countries are fine to sign up from :)
sources? staffpm's. (I have personally asked them)

@ _Coder_
Actually thats wrong, the peers table fools you.
90% of all swedvdr members are swedish, and I dont know why, but If you have Telia as yous isp here in sweden, you get listed with an amerivan flag in the peers table, and since Telia is swedens largest Isp, you will get meny of those ;)

and also, to everyone, most of the dvd's are Nordic Pal, or custom swesub and so on...
so even if it is the best tracker of all for dvd's (which it totally is!) there is no real point in chasing it, unless you are looking for the level.

SgtMajor
02-13-2008, 03:21 AM
Okay, I hope I can fill in some blanks,
Swedvdr have not, and will not ban foreign Ip's,

I got booted for being in the UK and not from Nordic country, fact, as explained by admin to me on irc, and even though I explained to them where I am I could near enough swim there :P

This was when they went through their crazy time a few months ago, maybe they have calmed down again, who knows.

I can PM you my username, and if you know me you will know my username, and you can ask whoever you want there - their only reason was I was not Swedish/Nordic.

jwsisliving1
02-13-2008, 04:21 AM
and also, to everyone, most of the dvd's are Nordic Pal, or custom swesub and so on...
so even if it is the best tracker of all for dvd's (which it totally is!) there is no real point in chasing it, unless you are looking for the level.

I agree.

I don't know why everyone keeps saying there are no english Dvds there. Most of the DVDs there, like at least 90%, are in English language audio with Nordics subs.

And if you have an old account there it shouldn't matter what country your from.

NOLF
02-13-2008, 07:18 AM

I agree.

I don't know why everyone keeps saying there are no english Dvds there. Most of the DVDs there, like at least 90%, are in English language audio with Nordics subs.

And if you have an old account there it shouldn't matter what country your from.

Like I said in my first post, most movies don't have english subs. Of course they mostly have English audio, but then you might as well get the release else where. Why get swedvdr, to get new hollywood movies with custom swedish subs???

fisherman
02-13-2008, 09:05 AM
Well as Swedvdr is a tracker that specializes in dvd's I gather it has more content than most of other trackers and I also hear it has a high number of peers so thats a + too. NOLF it's not only the lates Hollywood releases I grab, I'll grab something if it looks good and if it looks if it might be worth a watch.

pharaoh
02-13-2008, 12:47 PM
sounds like the bitmetv of dvd's to me.....

0Ri0N
02-13-2008, 12:56 PM

WRONG!

NOLF
02-13-2008, 01:45 PM

WRONG!

If you take a look on the first browse page, how many releases with english subs do you see?

Out of 20 I see 6 releases with english subs! Pretty obvious that this is a tracker for nordic people!

fisherman
02-14-2008, 12:25 AM
sounds like the bitmetv of dvd's to me.....

I like that quote, sounds good :) *Also a sly bump before I go to bed :rolleyes:*

fisherman
02-15-2008, 04:27 AM
I always bump my threads before I go to bed... so here's another for good luck :)

BlueLabel
02-15-2008, 04:37 AM

as the chiff said
if you not from there you have two choices
1. dont ask for it cause your acc will disable
2. emigrate and them request for it

*some times emigrating its realy hard decision but hey... you will have lot of DVDR movies

fisherman
02-15-2008, 04:43 AM
Sorry mate I don't want to be rude.. but U don't know what ur talking about.

I have friends in the UK that signed up recently ect..

Thanks for the bump anyway lol

as the chiff said
if you not from there you have two choices
1. dont ask for it cause your acc will disable
2. emigrate and them request for it

*some times emigrating its realy hard decision but hey... you will have lot of DVDR movies

BlueLabel
02-15-2008, 05:04 AM
any time mate ;)

singing_sol
02-15-2008, 05:44 AM
r u a swiss guy or else u might not get the invite

RoSsoNeRI
02-15-2008, 07:37 AM
Hi there guy's, I'd like to make a request for Swedvdr. If anyone could help me out I'd be very greatful to say the least.

The reason I want Swedvdr is simple, it's for it's large dvd content. I love my dvd's :) I have the other great dvd trackers as in TDC, TTi and thanks to a kind FST'er I also have NB. I'm delighted with what I have already no doubt about that but I have a couple of friends that have swedvdr and they tell me it's on a par with NB but in a different way. They can't invite me as they have some way to go to get invites.

So thats basically the reason I want Swedvdr... and as always any ratio proofs for my dvd trackers or any of my trackers at random would be no problem at all as I keep great ratio's period.

Thanks Guy's :happy:

You already got TTi,TDC n NB, arguably the top 3 DVD trackers so y would u want SweDVDr?? You could find almost any DVD on those 3 trackers. NB just let alone has over 2500+ DVD's......

Also what I don't understand is y would users want something where they arnt even welcome. Me personally would want to go somewhere where I am welcomed, where I am part of the community n they want me there bcuz I am a good user n not just bcuz I belong in a particular part of the world. It's pretty clear that they only want swedish/nordic users there so y even go where they don't even want you?? kinda silly if u ask me....

Plus u should consider all the language probs u gonna have understanding the tracker n the insecurity that ur account might get disabled anyday just cuz ur not nordic. Not really worth it in my opinion if ur not a swede.......but then again that's just me :)

errr.....soo what's ur point?? :unsure: You could just turn off the subs when ur watching it. You don't really NEED subs to enjoy a movie as long as ur understanding the language.

Cruel
02-15-2008, 09:31 AM
r u a swiss guy or else u might not get the invite

Why should he be a "swiss" guy? :whistling

fisherman
02-15-2008, 11:24 AM
You already got TTi,TDC n NB, arguably the top 3 DVD trackers so y would u want SweDVDr?? You could find almost any DVD on those 3 trackers. NB just let alone has over 2500+ DVD's......

Also what I don't understand is y would users want something where they arnt even welcome. Me personally would want to go somewhere where I am welcomed, where I am part of the community n they want me there bcuz I am a good user n not just bcuz I belong in a particular part of the world. It's pretty clear that they only want swedish/nordic users there so y even go where they don't even want you?? kinda silly if u ask me....

Plus u should consider all the language probs u gonna have understanding the tracker n the insecurity that ur account might get disabled anyday just cuz ur not nordic. Not really worth it in my opinion if ur not a swede.......but then again that's just me :)

errr.....soo what's ur point?? :unsure: You could just turn off the subs when ur watching it. You don't really NEED subs to enjoy a movie as long as ur understanding the language.

I think I've answered all your suggestions/opinions already. I want Swedvdr for content. I have buddies there that tell me Swedvdr is as good as NB but in it's own way and is always very active.

You make it sound like I'm going to be invading the place lol by saying I'm/non Nordic is not welcome there :)

I'm not even gonna mention the IP debate again as U guy's that have Swedvdr will know the truth.

singing_sol
02-15-2008, 11:26 AM
;)lol

fisherman
02-15-2008, 11:11 PM
Bump :rolleyes:

fisherman
02-16-2008, 12:30 PM
Still looking for this guy's if anyone can help me out :)

fisherman
02-17-2008, 09:41 PM
Still lookin for Swedvdr guy's :)

Presto
02-18-2008, 04:21 AM
Swebits has exactly the same content as SweDVDr. So if you want SweDVDr simply for content, then you might as well try joining swebits. It's open for sign ups btw. -_-

grimms
02-18-2008, 05:04 AM
So is it fair to say that you can sign up with a US IP address? I understand the stay away from their forums, IRC, or anything else that has to do with swedvdr with the exception of downloading. Never heard of NB.

fisherman
02-19-2008, 03:34 PM
Yes Presto I want it for content, speed, plenty of seeders and leechers.... I have most other dvd trackers and I use them regularly as it's not a rare thing for me to have active torrents from TDC,NB, TTi, BitHQ and more downloading and uploading at the same time..... I actually think TDC done a great thing by opening sign up's for awhile and having the application form now as there is more activity and it's great :)

grimms, yes you can sign up with other IP's than Nordic. I know this as I have friends that signed up recently and are enjoying theur torrenting over there. With regards to staying out of the forums and IRC, that might be a good idea but I don't know about that. A kind member from here invited me to NB and it's great for content and speeds but as I don't know much of their language I don't post in the forums or in IRC... but all in all a fabulous tracker.

So still looking guy's :)

Tokeman
02-19-2008, 03:47 PM
Good luck, but as stated before, if content is what your after, swebits combined with what you already have will give you all you need. Unless you actually need/want those foreign subs (and I believe there are sub sites out there so you can get those seperatly if you really want), theres no real need for swedvdr, the same movies are available in dvdr format on plenty of other sites.

fisherman
02-19-2008, 04:21 PM
Thanks for the info Tokeman....

Here's an example though.... I have a mate thats a dedicated gamer, he loves his PC and Xbox 360 games and he's a member of some a few 0-days sites but not BCG and nearly everytime I msn or chat ect... he asks if there is any news on BCG's opening up or any news on the invites... I tell him he can get most games that he plays on the sites he's already on but he insists on getting into BCG some day as he thinks he's missing something by not having an acc there.. IMO he's right as the content and speeds are brilliant on there too and I think if your a dedicated gamer and torrenter you should have a BCG acc.

I don't know if that example made any sense or not lol...but to me as I love dvd's I feel I'm missing something by not having Swedvdr and I know for sure it will be put to use.

Sorry for the short story :happy:

fisherman
02-21-2008, 11:37 PM
I'm still looking and hopeing :happy:

fisherman
02-24-2008, 02:39 AM
Still waiting guy's :)

Vitality
02-24-2008, 08:50 AM
A bump frm my side.....