PDA

View Full Version : Windows Update

Schumacher_Skaife
08-01-2003, 06:05 AM
Hi

When you use Windows Update and the update has installed sucessfully, u get a Windows XP hotfix (many of them!) if your add/remove programs! Any way to stop WU doing this?

Dave

Adster
08-01-2003, 06:24 AM
Not that I know of I don't think there is sorry

balamm
08-01-2003, 09:50 AM
I wouldn't remove those. Look what happened just recently with the bad updates for XP and win2k. If you'd removed those entries, there would have been no way to uninstall that shit and go back to normal.

chris9902
08-01-2003, 09:57 AM
yeah i am going on 30 odd now, i have had my CPU for almost 2 years and i have so many windows updates it's a joke.

(2 years, just imagine what me reg info looks like :rolleyes: )

Schumacher_Skaife
08-03-2003, 07:43 AM
I wasnt goin to unistall them, just wondering if you could remove them from the list! There a real pain!

Dave

Skank
08-03-2003, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Schumacher_Skaife@1 August 2003 - 18:05
Hi

When you use Windows Update and the update has installed sucessfully, u get a Windows XP hotfix (many of them!) if your add/remove programs! Any way to stop WU doing this?

Dave
yeah there is ...i downloaded a file called hot fix remover ...it removes all those unwanted hot fixes frm the add remove section ...i got it from a link on the microsoft website..its a third party program (small as file)u just run it once and thats it.no need to keep it installed on ya computer...if u cant find it PM me and ill send it 2 u via msn if u want

balamm
08-03-2003, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by Schumacher_Skaife@3 August 2003 - 08:43
I wasnt goin to unistall them, just wondering if you could remove them from the list! There a real pain!

Dave
But... If you uninstall the uninstall link.... and later want to uninstall the hot fix .....

Yer kinda screwed don't you think?

Schumacher_Skaife
08-03-2003, 12:02 PM
Ahh ok i see what your saying balamm. If that happened well id sue the pants off MS! :D

Thanks for the proggie Skank

Cheers

Dave

boyzeee
08-03-2003, 10:05 PM
latest version of washngo 6.0a has feature to remove hotfix's from add remove progs, if you cant get it on kazaa you can download a shareware versionabelssoft homepage (http://www.abelssoft.de/en) its a thirty day trial from there website but once you download it just uninstall it and re-install for another thirty days innit :blink: got some other cool little features to

Skank
08-04-2003, 12:37 AM
Originally posted by balamm+3 August 2003 - 22:17--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (balamm @ 3 August 2003 - 22:17)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Schumacher_Skaife@3 August 2003 - 08:43
I wasnt goin to unistall them, just wondering if you could remove them from the list&#33; There a real pain&#33;

Dave
But... If you uninstall the uninstall link.... and later want to uninstall the hot fix .....

Yer kinda screwed don&#39;t you think? [/b][/quote]
the hot fix remover i mentioned doesnt remove the uninstallation files it leaves them in the "windows directory" it does remove all the un wanted clutter fom the add/remove section though..if you want to remove thm later u just have to manually go to C:/windows...thats were windows keeps the uninstallation files...there will be alot of them there i tell u that now