PDA

View Full Version : SCC lies

WarrenBuffet
02-14-2008, 02:21 AM
so im perusing the music section in SCC and I notice a lot of 1 digit pre times, IN SECONDS!!! How do they expect us to believe they get music to the site uploaded in 9 seconds? I know music files aren't large or anything, but come on.

SenorBubbz
02-14-2008, 02:24 AM
SCC has the best pre-times of ALL trackers

they get pretimes from a scene database... I'm pretty sure the DB isn't wrong

That1Guy
02-14-2008, 02:29 AM
Im pretty sure there are some 1gb servers over there, with scripts to d/l and upload automatically (even 100mb servers wouldnt take long either)

Dr_Green_Thumb
02-14-2008, 02:34 AM
I have seen pre times under 15 seconds for a 700mb file before

Cabalo
02-14-2008, 02:35 AM
man, get used to it, there isn't a better 0-min tracker than SCC, not even SCT.

mrnobody
02-14-2008, 02:38 AM
so im perusing the music section in SCC and I notice a lot of 1 digit pre times, IN SECONDS!!! How do they expect us to believe they get music to the site uploaded in 9 seconds? I know music files aren't large or anything, but come on.

i was told that it IS possible.

SCC uses bot to upload stuff so the pre-time might get as low as 1 sec or sometime torrents get uploaded even before pre. I don't have any info to back that up but that is what i was told.

Daniel
02-14-2008, 02:41 AM
There is a certain possibiliy that those pre-times are slightly out of sync because of different time settings on multiple servers. That issue aside though, the automated system at SCC guarantees almost instantaneous releases on their tracker and seeing as those are probably 100Mbit servers all these times are possible.

jonny81985
02-14-2008, 02:41 AM
SCC is amazing i think we all must admit that :)

Michellin
02-14-2008, 02:46 AM
Yea i've used it once in a while and its speeds are amazing!

WarrenBuffet
02-14-2008, 03:06 AM
not really...... although on paper they look nice, compared wiht sct, I would say their lacking at best. When it comes to dvd-r's and popular games I'd say sct wins.

Tokeman
02-14-2008, 03:31 AM
seconds for a 700mb file? I don't think so. Just to create and verify the torrent would take longer then a few seconds, even with bots. Creating torrents for larger files takes time, then theres the fact that they have to dl it first, which can be fast I'll admit, but I think that example was an exaggeration or just plain wrong.

DanielleD87
02-14-2008, 04:04 AM
700 MB on gigabit is 7 seconds. then it takes about 2 seconds to make the .torrent and update the database (maybe 3 seconds) so easily it could be under 15 seconds.

scc is like a crappy topsite, which is a very good thing.

Cabalo
02-14-2008, 04:26 AM
not really...... although on paper they look nice, compared wiht sct, I would say their lacking at best. When it comes to dvd-r's and popular games I'd say sct wins.
same could be said when comparing sct to Tl... and so on and so on.

JROQuinn
02-14-2008, 04:32 AM
whats the big deal anyway? You all get what you want for free in the end. People are never satisfied....

tweakz
02-14-2008, 04:47 AM
whats the big deal anyway? You all get what you want for free in the end. People are never satisfied....

Good point, we all get it in the end

JROQuinn
02-14-2008, 04:54 AM

haha I mean how many people sit there refreshing their 0day/Mp3 in SCC anyway?
Like OMG!!! I got it 2 sec before anyone else!!! w00t!!! My friends will be so jealous:dry:

tweakz
02-14-2008, 05:05 AM

Like OMG!!! I got it 2 sec before anyone else!!! w00t!!! My friends will be so jealous:dry:

Yeah, some peepz are pretty SAD!
Like no life or something...

TP635
02-14-2008, 05:29 AM
The competition among trackers to have the fastest pre time is getting to be ridiculous. Does it really matter in the end? Will the music sound better if it comes in faster? and they are talking in terms of seconds here. And those who dl those files; do you listen to it as it get written to your HDD; afraid that is will sound cold if you wait for a few more seconds.

JROQuinn
02-14-2008, 05:32 AM
lol think I started something. But its true

yes I did lol :P

typeoholic
02-14-2008, 05:37 AM
Everybody wants the fastest pretimes in the rat race to upload it to their other '1337' trackers. It's all a game...

mievmo
02-14-2008, 05:41 AM
OMG... Gimmi a break !
Go to sleep.

amade
02-14-2008, 06:02 AM
Can someone compare SCT with TL or RevTT in terms of torrents quality (not pretime comparison - a few minutes difference doesn't mean a lot to many people...)? I mean torrents quality by it's variety, good explanations, etc. (excluding pretime, of course) which determines the satisfaction level of users ...

Polarbear
02-14-2008, 06:05 AM
Can someone compare SCT with TL or RevTT in terms of torrents quality (not pretime comparison - a few minutes difference doesn't mean a lot to many people...)? I mean torrents quality by it's variety, good explanations, etc. (excluding pretime, of course) which determines the satisfaction level of users ...

there are a million threads about the quality of those trackers. there's also a thread about tracker content stickied in this section.

horiZen
02-14-2008, 06:32 AM
back on topic-SCC is prob one of the fastest trackers for pre-times, def faster than SCT and others

kyuuchi
02-14-2008, 07:02 AM

You must be referring to CD singles that get uploaded on the site. It only take couple seconds to download 20 or so MB and have to bot uploaded on the site.

The Wanderer
02-14-2008, 07:33 AM
Well, I am new member of the site and I already love it. :D

Feeling
02-14-2008, 08:03 AM
man, get used to it, there isn't a better 0-min tracker than SCC, not even SCT.

lulz. ^ someone who cant read pretimes.

back on topic-SCC is prob one of the fastest trackers for pre-times, def faster than SCT and others

lulz, and another ^

J-dye
02-14-2008, 08:12 AM
i just love the way feeling posts . :lol:

FACE_TO_FACE
02-14-2008, 08:20 AM
I really dont care if is a lie or not some info... what i know is that scc is one of the most underrated 0day tracker around.

Speed: GREAT
CONTENT: GREAT
Design: Good

The rest is history...

Diiyad
02-14-2008, 08:20 AM
SCT is better than SCC

If you don't have SCT then you can say SCC is better :)

Vercors
02-14-2008, 08:23 AM
seconds for a 700mb file? I don't think so. Just to create and verify the torrent would take longer then a few seconds, even with bots. Creating torrents for larger files takes time, then theres the fact that they have to dl it first, which can be fast I'll admit, but I think that example was an exaggeration or just plain wrong.

Keep in mind that files are available on some sites before they actually get pre'd, so it doesn't literally take seconds to download/upload a 700MB file

FACE_TO_FACE
02-14-2008, 08:34 AM
SCT is better than SCC

If you don't have SCT then you can say SCC is better :)
Why to compare with sct?:blink:

fOrUmAs
02-14-2008, 09:19 AM

please tell us more (your) lies:shifty:

Feeling
02-14-2008, 09:27 AM
9 secs on MP3 is very possible especially if its scc or sct. *shrug*

Dark Archon
02-14-2008, 10:19 AM
SCC + S*T + TL = Probably the fastest Pre-times you will get.

Feeling
02-14-2008, 10:33 AM

Ah you ruined it by saying TL...

yayyyyyy
02-14-2008, 12:29 PM

TL pretimes? aren't the uploaders on there taking releases from the real 0day trackers? :D

gan.nez
02-14-2008, 01:32 PM

TL pretimes? aren't the uploaders on there taking releases from the real 0day trackers? :D

don't know but the pre times from TL are not as good as the pre's of SCC

mera
02-14-2008, 01:39 PM
I think SCC's pretimes are fast, so those times are probably pretty accurate but I have to say that your post title is a little harsh :O

whiteyes
02-14-2008, 01:46 PM
where's the N*X review?
it said every torrent pre-time on N*X is less than 3 mins in past few years even on DVD-R and HD.
why is it removed?

allexander
02-14-2008, 01:49 PM
may be ...but i don't think so

KFlint
02-14-2008, 05:58 PM
where's the N*X review?
it said every torrent pre-time on N*X is less than 3 mins in past few years even on DVD-R and HD.
why is it removed?

removed
reason : BS

stay on topic here please

kloot
02-14-2008, 06:09 PM

*raises hand* I sometimes do. :mellow:

adman228
02-14-2008, 06:27 PM

Keep in mind that files are available on some sites before they actually get pre'd, so it doesn't literally take seconds to download/upload a 700MB file

Spot on.

briand5379
02-14-2008, 07:39 PM
If you access to a pre channel you can see them come out literally seconds after their on there. It would seem like SCC uploaders have a coordinated effort to get them all there fast.

SAM
02-14-2008, 08:42 PM
who cared about pre-time :D
SCC is one of the best trackers around and that's enough for me :)

SenorBubbz
02-14-2008, 08:53 PM

If you were a member, you would know of the auto-download script everyone uses with the IRC. If you were a REAL member, you wouldn't even be criticizing SCC.

So enjoy your god damn hat JROQuinn.....

jackpot
02-14-2008, 09:10 PM
I guess Scc has the best pretime sometimes, not always!

kokas
02-14-2008, 09:42 PM
I think SCC is one of the best trackers around. The pretimes are excellent!

CatDogMan
02-14-2008, 10:19 PM
I'm a member of both ScT and SCC, and I do have to say that I like SCC better. The users, uploaders, staff, etc are all great.

And every MP3/0-day is Free Leech. And they're released seconds after pre. SCC just does packs every now and then with a bunch of releases in the pack, and it's not Free Leech.

And lmao @ the guy who said TL. Most of their uploaders use SCC and ScT as their sources. loved, iakou (or whatever his name is), flodd, and iseedboksi have all been banned from SCC (some more than once) for stealing torrents.

JROQuinn
02-14-2008, 10:32 PM

If you were a member, you would know of the auto-download script everyone uses with the IRC. If you were a REAL member, you wouldn't even be criticizing SCC.

Oh please forgive me for not devoting my life to torrenting, I have real world responsibilities. And I do enjoy my hat. Keeps me warm here during the cold. :D

Zaxx
02-14-2008, 10:43 PM
The down side of SCC is that unless you have a seedbox (or a home Fios connection), keeping a decent ratio is no easy task. If you lose the handle on your ratio cuz your u/l isn't fast enuff you have two options, stop using SCC or buy your way out (aka donate). :dry:
I believe they have a LOT of members who don't d/l for these reasons. I've personally heard back from a few people I've invited...they were like 'Thanks so much for the invite but I just can't keep up!'. SCC is making an effort to grow it's user base thus bringing in more 'normal speed' leechers...hope that's enuff.

psychophil
02-14-2008, 10:57 PM
I'll just say what are they going to gain from providing false pre-times.

klink05
02-14-2008, 11:33 PM

I love how you talk down on someone for not using the IRC script when less than a mnth ago you were bragging about your cheating...or "uber h4x skillz" or something like that.

SenorBubbz
02-14-2008, 11:44 PM

I love how you talk down on someone for not using the IRC script when less than a mnth ago you were bragging about your cheating...or "uber h4x skillz" or something like that.

I don't give a rat's ass about what you think because I don't fucking cheat.
And I'm saying this for the last time. My FRIEND did it. His name in4ru70h4x0r and if you want some fucking proof I'll give you his AIM screenname or MSN address and we can do a live chat so you can stop fucking assuming that I did something I fucking didn't do.

CatDogMan
02-14-2008, 11:48 PM
Yeah, what's that going to prove?

It's pretty easy to have 2 AIM accounts ._.

And calm down... jeez... watch the language.

lysine
02-14-2008, 11:49 PM
if you want some fucking proof I'll give you his AIM screenname or MSN address

lol, that really confirms who someone is...

back on topic, SCC does have good pre-times. my only complaint about the music releases is that alot of them are missing the .m3u files.

gtf0
02-14-2008, 11:54 PM
omg i admire leet conversations on this forum

SenorBubbz
02-14-2008, 11:55 PM
Yeah, what's that going to prove?

It's pretty easy to have 2 AIM accounts ._.

And calm down... jeez... watch the language.

Sorry, but as I have posted before, I HATE being falsely accused.

Back on topic, I still stand by my position that SCC's pre-times are legit. They probably have a bot uploading these things from a scene ftp. After all... they are SceneAccess

JROQuinn
02-15-2008, 12:01 AM
well thats great now my life is complete. They are the best at pretimes. I seriously suggest you people get outside a little bit.

Feeling
02-15-2008, 12:08 AM
I seriously suggest you people get outside a little bit.

/me goes outside, sees that its dark, cold and raining then walks back inside and sits down at his pc again.

:ermm:

JROQuinn
02-15-2008, 12:16 AM

/me goes outside, sees that its dark, cold and raining then walks back inside and sits down at his pc again.

well at least you made an attempt, I'm proud of you :P

Zaxx
02-15-2008, 12:36 AM

I tried it as well...same thing happened... :mellow:

/me packs a bowl...much more rewarding. ;)

dunson
02-15-2008, 12:42 AM
I'm going outside to pack a bowl. :D

mindtrick
02-15-2008, 12:55 AM
Seeding is extremely hard for me on SCC. The hardest one I've ever seen. I can't compete with auto downloading seedboxes with my crappy 512kbps upload speed.

niceguy4
02-15-2008, 01:26 AM
'
you zaa your pretty much a totally idiot.. a person with scene axx with a scripted upload program(on a 100mbit connection) could actually release it less then 9 seconds... just STFU, cancel your FST account and go kill yourself. thanks

SenorBubbz
02-15-2008, 01:27 AM
Seeding is extremely hard for me on SCC. The hardest one I've ever seen. I can't compete with auto downloading seedboxes with my crappy 512kbps upload speed.

I have the same speed...

KFlint
02-15-2008, 01:33 AM
'
you zaa your pretty much a totally idiot.. a person with scene axx with a scripted upload program(on a 100mbit connection) could actually release it less then 9 seconds... just STFU, cancel your FST account and go kill yourself. thanks

your nick is not very well chosen...:dry:

how can you created a torrent file in such time, i don't get it

niceguy4
02-15-2008, 01:35 AM
'

its automated. (scripted). just like how it is on FTN. actually VERY simple to do.

Tokeman
02-15-2008, 01:45 AM
automated or manual it still takes time to index a 700+MB file. Some one already explained that some sites have access to dumps before the file pre's, which would account for the missing time I suppose, but you cant dl, and create a torrent for a 700MB file in seconds, maybe closer to a minute at the very least. No need to be all rude about it niceguy, if you'd read the whole thread you'd understand why theres confusion. How about posting some constructive comments in the future, and reading the whole thread before posting, OK?

WarrenBuffet
02-15-2008, 01:45 AM

its automated. (scripted). just like how it is on FTN. actually VERY simple to do.

I'm very proud that you, a user with 18 posts, is so knowledgeable about the workings of bittorrent and look forward to your emerging genius here at fst. Meanwhile, I ask to be treated with respect and request that you not tell me to kill myself.

SenorBubbz
02-15-2008, 02:03 AM
automated or manual it still takes time to index a 700+MB file. Some one already explained that some sites have access to dumps before the file pre's, which would account for the missing time I suppose, but you cant dl, and create a torrent for a 700MB file in seconds, maybe closer to a minute at the very least. No need to be all rude about it niceguy, if you'd read the whole thread you'd understand why theres confusion. How about posting some constructive comments in the future, and reading the whole thread before posting, OK?

Maybe the server that made the torrent file is uploading it while others download and it stops after there are at least 2 or 3 other seeders?

mrnobody
02-15-2008, 02:05 AM

yes there is such script and SCC uses it.

but i doubt FTN has uploading script.

btw just for illustration: get on browse page of any scene tracker and SCC, keep hitting refresh till u notice a torrent with secs pre in SCC and then check how late another tracker get it.

jam0980tr
02-15-2008, 02:54 AM
squirr3l (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/squirr3l-179360) your wrong friend most big site and few normal site use a auto upper, it's not that hard to make one mind,i have only learnt a bit on it how it works ect..

There is nuffin wong useing a script saves you shit load of time, I use it to mind just to trade then make my torrent all i have to do is up that torrent few seconds ;)

vergo
02-15-2008, 03:34 AM
You have to remember that there is always a delay in the propagation of the pre announcements because it has to go from one bot to the next and so forth. So the SCC prebot might add a release into it's database 30 seconds or more after the release is actually pre'd, depending on where it's echoing the announcements from.

In short, SCC is not lying.

Wizzcameron
02-15-2008, 04:25 AM
if you want some fucking proof I'll give you his AIM screenname or MSN address

lol, that really confirms who someone is...

back on topic, SCC does have good pre-times. my only complaint about the music releases is that alot of them are missing the .m3u files.

:naughty: Missing M3U files ehhhh

J-dye
02-15-2008, 08:44 AM
there are lot of things i still dont understand about pre times

there are plenty of scene FTP sites , not one .. right ?

so if site A uploads from sceneA(ftp) and siteb uploads from sceneB , how exactly are those pretimes compared :wacko:

/me is a n00b

Innos
02-15-2008, 10:50 AM
SCC it`s simply great http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/4556/sccgn2uc5.gif .. it`s not lying ;)

singing_sol
02-15-2008, 11:04 AM
and might be every one is usin a seed box these days and its not a big deal to have it done in a few moments

vergo
02-15-2008, 11:22 AM
so if site A uploads from sceneA(ftp) and siteb uploads from sceneB , how exactly are those pretimes compared :wacko:
On an FTP, a bot will announce how long ago the release pre'd onto the first FTP's directly from the release group. So if I start transferring a movie, the bot will say Movie.name-group was released 3 min. and 5 seconds ago, for example. On a torrent site, of course, the bot does the same thing, but only once the entire release is uploaded.

Adama
02-15-2008, 11:31 AM
SCC is the best for pre-times

monk3y
02-15-2008, 12:40 PM
best 0sec site out there

Di@monds
02-15-2008, 01:24 PM

OMG earth is not a pan cake??!
Im very dissapointed....with over 1000 posts you should know something about 'something'.

Innos
02-15-2008, 02:16 PM

Im very dissapointed....with over 1000 posts you should know something about 'something'.
The best proof that the number of posts doesn`t reflect the knowledge and wisdom of a user.:shifty:

d3adb3at
02-17-2008, 05:20 PM
i am member on both and SCC definatley wins as far as pre times, but the seeding and content would have to be over to SCT. SCC just does not have the seeders or even ones that are that quick really, once they dropp there seedboxes and the members take over there is sometimes not much to work with. Both great sites though i must say. Me personally i could give a crap as long as it is there when i find it i am good. i dont sit here refreshing the page for shit to come out. I do however love that i get it in good time and it works. times are accurate though it is very possible to get those times if u have the right connections.

ciprinho
02-17-2008, 05:26 PM
SCC is an excelent tracker...even dow there are not so many seeders...I get maximum speed from there...i like it very much

Tokeman
02-17-2008, 05:33 PM

A lot of people who are well versed in torrents are not aware of how things work 'behind the scenes' so to speak. I find myself learning more everyday that I choose to research the 'scene' and how the trickle effect works from there.

mmmmm, pan cakes... :D

Zeus
02-17-2008, 05:36 PM
I've heard a few people say that SCC either fiddle the pretimes or work off a dodgy predb. Whether its true or not I neither know nor care. These days all the 0day sites are so fast that they all pretty much get the same files within a few secs/mins of each other. Does it really matter which one of them is first?

Tokeman
02-17-2008, 05:39 PM
I've heard a few people say that SCC either fiddle the pretimes or work off a dodgy predb. Whether its true or not I neither know nor care. These days all the 0day sites are so fast that they all pretty much get the same files within a few secs/mins of each other. Does it really matter which one of them is first?
Not in the slightest :)
TL, SCT, SCC, it doesn't matter, I'm not sitting refreshing the page enough to care which has it first TBH. I usually pick by which site has the most leechers, to maintain my ratio :)

seppypom
02-17-2008, 05:39 PM
I can honestly say that i don't give a crap who says they have it first or how actually has it first.

The only thing that that is important to me is that it is there when i want it and that there are seeders.

Quarter
02-17-2008, 05:56 PM
SCC. is a greal and very fast tacker.
Anyone that owns it should say thanks.

Synaptic
02-17-2008, 06:12 PM
thanks