PDA

View Full Version : OVH Seedbox

CatDogMan
02-16-2008, 12:11 AM
http://www.ovh.co.uk/products/egplus.xml

That's what I'm interested in. Three friends and I plan to share it.

HOWEVER.... their site says that only French residents, and people in a couple other countries are allowed to order.

I sent them an email asking them, and they said that since I'm in the US, they cannot guarantee their quality, and that they could not accept my order.

So.... any ideas? Please :(

Bleacher
02-16-2008, 12:57 AM
Well I dunno about the service quality if you do this, but you could go through a reseller?

BlueLabel
02-16-2008, 05:47 AM
well.... OVH isnt the only server company in the market
so whats the problem???

WildMan23
02-17-2008, 09:25 AM
their service is awesome

dunson
02-17-2008, 01:34 PM
Enjoy some Freedom Fries and sign up with a US hosting company.

parky
02-17-2008, 02:32 PM
Im with leaseweb but thinking of moving to ovh.co.uk for there unlimited traffic.
Is the uk an allowed country for ovh?

yayyyyyy
02-17-2008, 03:50 PM
Is the uk an allowed country for ovh?

yes

http://www.ovh.com/fr/particulier/items/cadre/disponibilite.xml

BlueLabel
02-17-2008, 04:03 PM
Enjoy some Freedom Fries and sign up with a US hosting company.

or he can emigrate to Europe

Torrent Demon
02-18-2008, 05:13 PM
don't order from ovh ... it's fucking slow .

Bleacher
02-18-2008, 06:08 PM

lol been hitting 14mb/s today on my ovh box :)

briand5379
02-19-2008, 06:20 AM
I've heard some insane things as I've been reading up on them because I was wanting to get a box from there. If your outside of those countries that they cap your bandwidth 1 person said it was capped to 5mbit and when he asked them they said it's not capped and that they can't guarantee his service since he's in a location they no longer service.

I don't get this concept why does where you live effect your speed when the server is in a completely different place.

timmymmit123
02-19-2008, 06:22 AM
can anyone point me to some ovh resellers? (looking for cheap and easy to use because i am a beginner)
any help will be appriciated

Albo Da Kid
02-19-2008, 07:33 AM
bump

Sanka113
02-19-2008, 08:46 AM
Me want buy! Me gives lotsa money!

briand5379
02-19-2008, 03:32 PM
I only know of 1 ovh reseller but they're not taking any orders. Anyone else have any websites for resellers to check out.

seedboxhost
04-10-2009, 02:25 PM
OVH - Kimsufi - JHMServices Use Kimsufi's as well as others.And have all been good services whoever said OVH are slow cos ur livin in the UK is talkin japslap.
I have tried kimsufi's L package it does 11MB\s download 8MB\s upload,I then moved onto the 2XL package it does 11MB\s up/down allday and night long.
I have tried vectoral the speed was 11MB\s but the tech and ticket service is the poorest ive witnessed yet!
Ive rented seedboxes to ALL none have gone above 5MB\s up/down except JHM they gave approx 11MB\s down and about 9MB\s upload.
At the end of the day you get what you pay for and Ive settled with kimsufi 2XL because of price to quality ratio I get what I want from it 100mbit as advertised and you can format on the fly with over 11different distro's any time day or night.
And no I dont work for any of the above companies and could only wish too do so!!
Ive said it how I receive it...:)

KFlint
04-10-2009, 02:28 PM
moved the to right section...

memel
04-24-2009, 02:45 AM
:lol:downloading speed easy reach 26-28MB/s, go up to 55MB/s and uploading about 17MB/s

andra
04-24-2009, 04:00 AM
OVH - Kimsufi - JHMServices Use Kimsufi's as well as others.And have all been good services whoever said OVH are slow cos ur livin in the UK is talkin japslap.
I have tried kimsufi's L package it does 11MB\s download 8MB\s upload,I then moved onto the 2XL package it does 11MB\s up/down allday and night long.
I have tried vectoral the speed was 11MB\s but the tech and ticket service is the poorest ive witnessed yet!
Ive rented seedboxes to ALL none have gone above 5MB\s up/down except JHM they gave approx 11MB\s down and about 9MB\s upload.
At the end of the day you get what you pay for and Ive settled with kimsufi 2XL because of price to quality ratio I get what I want from it 100mbit as advertised and you can format on the fly with over 11different distro's any time day or night.
And no I dont work for any of the above companies and could only wish too do so!!
Ive said it how I receive it...:)

JHM does not use kimsufi servers.

They are reselling netdirekt.de servers.

t00z
04-24-2009, 09:42 AM

qft. Kimsufi L does it's job just fine with rtorrent and no gui. Vectoral's staff are arses. They don't get half of what you say, shut down your server 3 days early (because of some lame rule saying that once you've told them you are going to quit using their services they can shut down your server any time, no matter what you paid for and agreed on in tickets), are arrogant fucks, and above all: it takes 4 days for an answer to an URGENT ticket.

OVH is ok, especially if you use private trackers where multiple people use OVH boxes: their internal network is great. If you're buying yours through a reseller: Don't complain. First of all you have no idea if or what kind of pro SLA package your reseller has, secondly there is a reason why OVH doesn't sell in your country; there are no reliable connections and there is no support.

Chief_Garbonzo
05-02-2009, 04:06 AM
i love my OVH dedi. never have any issues. i went through a new small reseller to purchase mine. once i get some free time im thinking about setting up a shoutcast server on there! woot!

yuyang83
05-05-2010, 04:18 AM
I recently wanna rent a seedbox, ovh is one of considered.

greatseeder
05-05-2010, 10:27 PM
http://www.wjunction.com/showpost.php?p=310270&postcount=114

phauk
05-08-2010, 08:54 PM
for OVH Resellers just google:

rapidspeeds
dédisales (altho rapidspeeds just bought them over)
itexpertsltd