PDA

View Full Version : The Community Rep rank is no more...

Skiz
02-17-2008, 03:49 AM
The Community Rep status is available no longer.

The Community Rep rank has been through a lot of peaks and valleys during its existence and it’s now time to do away with it.

As a staff, we have been through numerous discussions regarding the pros and cons of the rank. Everything from keeping the peace with trackers and finding some common ground that we could all be happy with, to dealing with a few bad seeds over the years which had no intentions of upholding their end of the agreements.

We had originally hoped that every CR would abide by the agreements which were offered to each and keeping up with assurances would not be an issue, though regretfully it has become one. With the surge of growth in new trackers in the past year, we have amassed al ot of CR’s, and the instances in which we must intervene and remind CR’s of said guidelines is mounting. We felt if there was a time to remove the CR rank, this was as good a time as any.

We understand that some of you have lived up to your end 100%. To those, we say THANK YOU. We are still committed to supporting trackers needs as we’ve always done. In the future we will most likely create a new rank which will be given much more selectively to a few staffers who are considered an asset to the site and have proven their good will over time.

mshassy
02-17-2008, 03:55 AM
Gr8 job mate :)
ok.we will see wht comes next........

1000possibleclaws
02-17-2008, 04:00 AM
good move skizo. i agree that since I've joined I noticed some community reps being helpful, but for the most part they were arrogant and unhelpful.

fOrUmAs
02-17-2008, 04:14 AM
well most of them was inactive here..so yea i can understand this move

grimms
02-17-2008, 04:19 AM
One of the newest comm reps did not deserve HIS title at all. I guess FST has their reasons for doing away with comm reps, in place for a better noteworthy system in the near future.

DKre8ive1
02-17-2008, 05:01 AM
I hope the new system works out for the staff and having my CR title removed wont change me one bit, since I will always try to contribute here because I like this forum and not because of the title I hold.

rocky1234
02-17-2008, 05:10 AM
Great thing to do. But the reps that were good should be given some identity like a title or so just my personal opinion.

Tokeman
02-17-2008, 05:17 AM
Great thing to do. But the reps that were good should be given some identity like a title or so just my personal opinion.
Titles aren't important. Its the contributions and helpfulness they provided here that is. They can still do this, and if/when fst decides on a new 'rank' the ones still doing this will be found.

puckface
02-17-2008, 05:20 AM
iTS ruins everything

Polarbear
02-17-2008, 05:24 AM

The Community Rep rank has been through a lot of peaks and valleys during its existence and it’s now time to do away with it.

As a staff, we have been through numerous discussions regarding the pros and cons of the rank. Everything from keeping the peace with trackers and finding some common ground that we could all be happy with, to dealing with a few bad seeds over the years which had no intentions of upholding their end of the agreements.

We had originally hoped that every CR would abide by the agreements which were offered to each and keeping up with assurances would not be an issue, though regretfully it has become one. With the surge of growth in new trackers in the past year, we have amassed al ot of CR’s, and the instances in which we must intervene and remind CR’s of said guidelines is mounting. We felt if there was a time to remove the CR rank, this was as good a time as any.

We understand that some of you have lived up to your end 100%. To those, we say THANK YOU. We are still committed to supporting trackers needs as we’ve always done. In the future we will most likely create a new rank which will be given much more selectively to a few staffers who are considered an asset to the site and have proven their good will over time.

i guess that includes that all tracker accounts are allowed to trade now, right?

krunktastic
02-17-2008, 05:27 AM
I agree with the decision about this, and I'll continue to use this forum exactly the same way. Being a community rep did not change a single thing about attitude towards this forum.

SgtMajor
02-17-2008, 05:30 AM
We understand that some of you have lived up to your end 100%. To those, we say THANK YOU.

And I'm sure most members would like to take this opportunity to say THANK YOU as well, there are those that were (and prob will still be) helpful to members with their probs, no matter how tiresome or how how small that problem was. And considering most PMs in their box were "giz an invite" type, it could not have been easy at times. Well done.

We are still committed to supporting trackers needs as we’ve always done. In the future we will most likely create a new rank which will be given much more selectively to a few staffers who are considered an asset to the site and have proven their good will over time.

Good news indeed.

mrnobody
02-17-2008, 05:32 AM
good riddance

never liked the whole com rep thingy =/

especially coz of the way it was designed "account trading = bad; invite trading = okay".

FST rules never were fully able to prevent account trading for those site that had CR...and neither some CR stopped banning users for invite trading

but now it's much better

everyone can do w/e they want

Diiyad
02-17-2008, 05:47 AM

i guess that includes that all tracker accounts are allowed to trade now, right?

You better get all your accounts ready because there's going to be a big trade rush and you don't want to miss out polarbear!

Quarter
02-17-2008, 05:49 AM
Good decision!
Community rep is'nt so good anyways.

bikernin
02-17-2008, 06:03 AM
somehow i had seen something like this happening. it had to be done after what has happened recently. a new rank is also an excellent idea. there have been some CRs here who have been extremely helpful and do deserve some kind of special status

peat moss
02-17-2008, 07:08 AM
I agree with the decision about this, and I'll continue to use this forum exactly the same way. Being a community rep did not change a single thing about attitude towards this forum.

Your exactly the type of people we need and if It was on record I could give two shits about the community rep rank . I either like a member and his post or disregard it . ;)

tenis69
02-17-2008, 07:39 AM
I agree with the decision about this coz many members here give reps each others with nothing.

FatBob
02-17-2008, 07:46 AM
I agree with the decision about this coz many members here give reps each others with nothing.

:blink:

grimms
02-17-2008, 07:58 AM
Titles aren't important. Its the contributions and helpfulness they provided here that is. They can still do this, and if/when fst decides on a new 'rank' the ones still doing this will be found.

FSC reps are a prime example of great reps that are helpful and contribute. I won't speak about some others that are unhelpful and unworthy of their Comm rep title (Actually was i should say).

DKre8ive1
02-17-2008, 08:12 AM

I think you have a misunderstanding since FST don't plan to remove the rep points given by the user.

What they mean is that staffers from various sites will no longer have the title of Community Rep and the stars that go along with them plus some other things that FST did for trackers.

@grimms
Thanks for the nice comment, but like I said on my first post a title don't mean nothing and it wont change who I am or how I go about doing things.

fisherman
02-17-2008, 08:22 AM
I hope the new system works out for the staff and having my CR title removed wont change me one bit, since I will always try to contribute here because I like this forum and not because of the title I hold.

It's the likes of the above thats really great to hear and respect to you guy's. I agree with FST's decision totally as in the last month or a little more some "things" were getting somewhat annoying in certain circumstances.
I'll look forward to seeing the new system.

bikernin
02-17-2008, 08:23 AM
well spoken DKre8ive1. you never need a tag to help the community and im really glad that there are a few ex-CRs (:P) who will not be affected by this move in anyway and will continue with the good work. we respect and love you guys for what you do and not for the stars under your name :yup:

grimms
02-17-2008, 08:26 AM
@grimms
Thanks for the nice comment, but like I said on my first post a title don't mean nothing and it wont change who I am or how I go about doing things.

I also agree. Titles don't mean anything to me either(never did). I don't care if your a boss, supervisor, or an administrator. What IS important is the respect factor that needs to be shown if that boss or supervisor deserves it and also following rules and orders that fit your job description (and beyond, that always helps). In your case though, i see you help a lot of people out regardless of your title. Same with DV8type. I recognize good helpful people regardless of their title. But i'm glad your built with that state of mind.;)

tenis69
02-17-2008, 11:03 AM

I think you have a misunderstanding since FST don't plan to remove the rep points given by the user.

What they mean is that staffers from various sites will no longer have the title of Community Rep and the stars that go along with them plus some other things that FST did for trackers.

@grimms
Thanks for the nice comment, but like I said on my first post a title don't mean nothing and it wont change who I am or how I go about doing things.Ok now my ideas have more clean and grimms you are correct in what you say.Thanks both.:)

Thatsgreat
02-17-2008, 11:09 AM
This might lead to less giveaways, if you know what I mean...

danio
02-17-2008, 11:50 AM

how come?

Actatoi
02-17-2008, 11:52 AM

No I have no idea what you mean actually.

slau
02-17-2008, 12:03 PM
This is going to lead to the old (and awsome) FST ^^

fOrUmAs
02-17-2008, 12:14 PM

lol no one knows what he mean:wacko:

stoi
02-17-2008, 12:20 PM
ah well easy come easy go i suppose lol

Very short stint at it and did not really have enough time to say if it was a good/bad thing in all honesty, but i will still do whatever i was doing before and after i got CR on here.

/thinking out loud/
Hope i wasnt one of the new bad ones that grimms is on about, as i didnt realy have any time to do anything with the rank, not that i could see any benefit in actually having it really. I still got loads of PMs asking for an account lol

predateur
02-17-2008, 12:28 PM
stoi (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/stoi-438) , that was fast lol

Nemrod
02-17-2008, 12:40 PM
FSC reps are a prime example of great reps that are helpful and contribute. I won't speak about some others that are unhelpful and unworthy of their Comm rep title (Actually was i should say).

Nothing further, your honor. :yup:

The Wanderer
02-17-2008, 01:01 PM
After reading a lot of posts, I have nothing but great words about how helpful and kind, some of the CR can be... *coughs* Stoi. ;) :D

Something Else
02-17-2008, 01:03 PM
Does this mean the (ex) Com.Reps can pawn all the trader bit-tards then. :unsure:

iTS ruins everything

How, explain. :unsure:

mrnobody
02-17-2008, 01:31 PM
Does this mean the (ex) Com.Reps can pawn all the trader bit-tards then. :unsure:

yup!

also, traders can trade any accounts now (i think). The account trade restriction list has been deleted

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-read-first-section-guidelines-read-first-124002

Something Else
02-17-2008, 01:39 PM
What next an invite selling stock-exchange.
Drugs for invites.
Sex for accounts. :unsure:

iTS ruins everything

I disagree. I think puckface ruins everything. :eyebrows:

Thatsgreat
02-17-2008, 02:01 PM

lol no one knows what he mean:wacko:

My bad. Didn't read it carefully enough. I though they had removed the Rep points too.

Cause if there are no rep points to give, i think that more than 50% of all the giveaways would never been made. Most people who are giving away invites are doing it to get a ''higher rank'' or how to call it. More ''status''. I'm not saying that everyone are doing it because of that. But the majority... But hey, that's just the impression I get.

supper
02-17-2008, 02:32 PM
there was some deserve to be in The Community Rep (and those relly dont care or its dosent matter if there is Community Rep or not) and the others dosent deserve it they relly abused it (and u will find out they are the only ones who relly pissed off)

but its nice move though indeed !

Cruel
02-17-2008, 03:18 PM
Fuck, now I'm never gonna get five stars.

puckface
02-17-2008, 03:29 PM
iTS ruins everything

I disagree. I think puckface ruins everything. :eyebrows:

It was sarcasm, not meaning iTS as in you, but iTS ComRep

but really, I do ruin quite a bit, almost everything, but not quite.

Something Else
02-17-2008, 03:32 PM
Errr I am was iTS com.rep

:lol:

stoi
02-17-2008, 03:40 PM
So will URls still be filtered out if you have a site that doesnt want their full URL Published, as that was one of the perks of being a CR (i think, as that perk didnt interest me at all)

puckface
02-17-2008, 03:43 PM
Errr I am was iTS com.rep

:lol:

well then i guess I did mean you.

Medooooo
02-17-2008, 03:44 PM
The old CR members start to close the accounts for trading invites here in FST !!

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-bitmetv-278427 (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-bitmetv-278427)

stoi
02-17-2008, 03:46 PM
well as far as i can gather, thats ok now, basically its a free for all, you can giveaway/trade but if a staff member spots you they can ban your account now, so giveaway/trade at your own risk is all i can say.

Medooooo
02-17-2008, 03:48 PM
well as far as i can gather, thats ok now, basically its a free for all, you can giveaway/trade but if a staff member spots you they can ban your account now, so giveaway/trade at your own risk is all i can say.
It will be tough days .:whistling

supper
02-17-2008, 04:00 PM
you can giveaway/trade but if a staff member spots you they can ban your account now, so giveaway/trade at your own risk is all i can say. and some of the staff members was doing this before and after the The Community Rep ( they didnt respact fst rules by doing this coz there was agreement and they break it )so nothing gonna be change all the change is in fst rules not in the mameber staff opinions

stoi
02-17-2008, 04:03 PM
you can giveaway/trade but if a staff member spots you they can ban your account now, so giveaway/trade at your own risk is all i can say. and some of the staff members was doing this before and after the The Community Rep nothing gonna be change

some did, some didnt, i just think now its going to be a lot more ravenous than it was before.

but whatever, we dont have invites atm, so no skin off my nose what other trackers do, its up to them, and their users now (and FST staff i suppose to sort it all out)

rvt
02-17-2008, 04:42 PM
and some of the staff members was doing this before and after the The Community Rep ( they didnt respact fst rules by doing this coz there was agreement and they break it )so nothing gonna be change all the change is in fst rules not in the mameber staff opinions

Some of us site staffers never accepted comm rep status, because of the rules attached to it. Comm rep was never automatically applied to all staffers.

mrnobody
02-17-2008, 06:40 PM
So will URls still be filtered out if you have a site that doesnt want their full URL Published, as that was one of the perks of being a CR (i think, as that perk didnt interest me at all)

i guess so

let me start...

fuckthenet.com :D

SgtMajor
02-17-2008, 07:04 PM

Oh, I dunno, you could spam every thread squirrel style and get there in 1 month.

SHUVT
02-17-2008, 07:07 PM
Interesting for sure.

grimms
02-17-2008, 07:10 PM
Hope i wasnt one of the new bad ones that grimms is on about, as i didnt realy have any time to do anything with the rank, not that i could see any benefit in actually having it really. I still got loads of PMs asking for an account lol

Never stoi. Even if i was ever to lose my account at BCG (which i hope i never do again..i know i know it was my fault and a stupid mistake on my part lol..I need to learn how to read faq's more..) Your one of the best members here, who actually seem to give a damn, have some intelligence to say, among other things.:)

Cabalo
02-17-2008, 07:12 PM
well most of them was inactive here..so yea i can understand this move
inactive as not participating in threads etc... cuz many came here just to spy on users, and nothing else.

there were really good com reps around here, helpful etc, just to name a few, stoi, vidde, brandon, dr8kive, and that are of great benefit for the torrenting community.

but most just considered this as a pariah forum, and held no respect for it at all or its rules.

account/invite trading will always happen here, no matter if people knows if it's against tracker rules, as some trackers also don't respect what is going on here, even as FST tried to make a solution that would fit everyone.

As the criteria for a com rep to be picked by staff, i think that it will be something that will generate a lot of disputes around here, so maybe just keeping the thread saying who's staff at sites would be enough.

besides, nothing forbids staff to use their member title or sig to say that they are here to help people, should they want it.

good move imo. :yup:

Deathless
02-17-2008, 07:18 PM
well...i'm sure that the majority of the peoples who'll read this thread will understand incorrect this adjudication...and most of them will start to trade accounts like bcg,tl for up levels! hope everyone will be very careful cuz like stoi says if a member of staff wants can ban you!

stoi
02-17-2008, 07:26 PM
well if someone traded a BCG account i could still ban them CR or not so that hasnt changed. if someone traded a BCG invite i wasnt supposed to as a CR, but now its a free for all, i can now (if we had invites).

imho though, trading accounts i do not agree with, if you dont want it just let it die, and remember on BCG you could have a 30 ratio but still be kitty litter (lots of hit and runs) so if you get that account, you still cant download.

trading invites i personally dont think is that bad tbh, every tracker needs new blood, i dont care who you are, and at least if your trading an invite, you should get a member that wants in, and knows how to use torrents, not like a RL friend who hasnt got a clue about torrents and messes up anyway.

pro267
02-17-2008, 07:28 PM
Oh, I dunno, you could spam every thread squirrel style and get there in 1 month.
Oh, good to know it's not just me that gets annoyed by all his spamming.
I was worried that I was becoming a grumpy old man.. :P

mrnobody
02-17-2008, 07:30 PM

and get infractions daily :lol:

i haven't spammed for 1 hrs and u already accuse me

give me a break plz :P

grimms
02-17-2008, 07:35 PM
After reading a lot of posts, I have nothing but great words about how helpful and kind, some of the CR can be... *coughs* Stoi. ;) :D

:D

SgtMajor
02-17-2008, 07:42 PM

Can you imagine a conversation between him & Zed, jeesh, watching paint dry or grass grow would be considered exciting & dangerous.

grimms
02-17-2008, 07:49 PM

I WOULD NOT do giveaway's. Everyone already knows my stance on traders. Giveaway's will get your account diusabled on some very good sites. Take it from me EVERYONE. If you feel like you have to giveaway invites do it discreetly through pm's. Also give them to people you feel like you can trust. Or you will lose some good accounts. Trackers are raising the bar on disabling accounts of members who giveaway their invites.

mrnobody
02-17-2008, 07:58 PM

Can you imagine a conversation between him & Zed, jeesh, watching paint dry or grass grow would be considered exciting & dangerous.

touchy :lol:

krunktastic
02-17-2008, 07:58 PM

I WOULD NOT do giveaway's. Everyone already knows my stance on traders. Giveaway's will get your account diusabled on some very good sites. Take it from me EVERYONE. If you feel like you have to giveaway invites do it discreetly through pm's. Also give them to people you feel like you can trust. Or you will lose some good accounts. Trackers are raising the bar on disabling accounts of members who giveaway their invites.

Or just don't publicly give invites away on trading forums; that's the best way to avoid any trouble.

Members here need to let go of the superficial judgment based on a members stars or rep points. One can pick a good member out of a crowd if they know where to look. I have been incredibly happy with the people I have chosen to give invites to through this forum and will continue to do so discretely and carefully.

Stoi, I'd have to say I disagree with you about your stance on invite giveaways. Sure, trackers need new blood, but there are other ways to invite people that don't include giveaways on trading forums.

pro267
02-17-2008, 07:59 PM

Hell, watching his tiny e-penis grow would be more exciting than that.

mrnobody
02-17-2008, 08:01 PM
Hell, watching his tiny e-penis grow would be more exciting than that.

http://www.pnwriders.com/forum/images/smilies/epenis.gif

stoi
02-17-2008, 08:06 PM
OK, we have a external invites thread on BCG for PU and above, no trading allowed though, it has to be all giveaways.

Big Big problem with that though, is whoever gets invited to another site, might like it better than BCG, so we may loose a good member while the other tracker gains one of our good members.

But shit happens im afraid, ok this is public, but big deal, who cares, its better getting members from here, either by giveaways/trading than it is by uploading torrents to mininova/isohunt etc.

at least most members on here, know how to use torrents, and are not complete noobs.

I bet most trackers when they first start out, welcome the review and the WTAW thread on here, because they want members that know what the hell they are doing, its just after they close they get pissed off with everything that goes on with the WTAW thread and all the trading that goes on.

you cant have it both ways im afraid.

krunktastic
02-17-2008, 08:10 PM
OK, we have a external invites thread on BCG for PU and above, no trading allowed though, it has to be all giveaways.

Big Big problem with that though, is whoever gets invited to another site, might like it better than BCG, so we may loose a good member while the other tracker gains one of our good members.

But shit happens im afraid, ok this is public, but big deal, who cares, its better getting members from here, either by giveaways/trading than it is by uploading torrents to mininova/isohunt etc.

at least most members on here, know how to use torrents, and are not complete noobs.

I bet most trackers when they first start out, welcome the review and the WTAW thread on here, because they want members that know what the hell they are doing, its just after they close they get pissed off with everything that goes on with the WTAW thread and all the trading that goes on.

Agreed. FST is a double-edged sword.

Medooooo
02-17-2008, 08:24 PM

Wise words man .. agree with you .:yup:

maddoxro
02-17-2008, 08:25 PM
Well,i think that the com rep shouldn`t had been removed...

Tokeman
02-17-2008, 08:26 PM

Well its not up to you to decide. Its up to people to decide. If they choose to risk it thats their choice. I agree with structured giveaways, and have done them numerous times, even on high level sites with strict rules forbidding them. You have to find the people to disable them, and thats not an easy thing to do for people who cover their tracks well, even with public giveaways. Your post sounds like you know what your saying, but its only half true. People, use your best judgment, and cover your tracks. I agree on one point at least, only invite people you would be willing to stand behind.

C-mos
02-17-2008, 08:31 PM
iTS ruins everything

i agree :)

stoi
02-17-2008, 08:45 PM
Just like to add to my post above.

I have nothing against noobs, 90% of our members (and we have had 100,000 before) came from Mininova etc and were noobs when they joined, and we have helped most of those with the ins and outs of torrents, and the etiquette of private tackers.

the problem is, its ok getting them when they can help themselves (read forums and learn from previous posts etc) but when you get 100 posts a day asking the same thing over and over and over, it does get a tad annoying.

KFlint
02-17-2008, 08:46 PM
@grimms

i wish someday i will be able to able to remember your nick :pinch:

seriously, i always appreciated fsc staff in here too ;)

grimms
02-17-2008, 09:43 PM
Well its not up to you to decide. Its up to people to decide. If they choose to risk it thats their choice. I agree with structured giveaways, and have done them numerous times, even on high level sites with strict rules forbidding them. You have to find the people to disable them, and thats not an easy thing to do for people who cover their tracks well, even with public giveaways. Your post sounds like you know what your saying, but its only half true. People, use your best judgment, and cover your tracks. I agree on one point at least, only invite people you would be willing to stand behind.

I never stated it was up to me to decide(The mods and members themselves make that choice). Just giving out some good advice. Don't get me wrong, i'm still very greatful for everyone on here, just be careful. Also be very discreetful and only associate with people you feel like you could trust. Best advice i can give. I should of said you shouldn't. I apologize for the way i phrased it.

you should get a member that wants in, and knows how to use torrents, not like a RL friend who hasnt got a clue about torrents and messes up anyway.

I made that mistake. I invited a friend at the time to Oink me, and he managed to get his account disabled for not understanding the ratio and seeding process. Be very careful with REAL friends. Some of them don't even know what faq means, nevermind figuring out how to upload and seed torrents properly.

That was the whole point i was trying to make in the who is WTAW and WTO thread. They have their reasons but also you have trackers int he beginning when they first open up appreciating the WTAW, until...the tracker gains enough members to shut their doors. Then it's we don't want traders, blah,blah, blah. The WTAW thread is bad. The problem i did have with the WTAW thread was the way they phrased it. It's almost like a welcome guide to traders, or was. I think they changed the phrasing of the words thanks to stoi though.

tweakz
02-17-2008, 10:09 PM
Thank god for this change, the ones that i was talking to where RUDE anyways, and never responded to me, except 4 brandon!

Now U are not so special, and u know who u are!

RoSsoNeRI
02-17-2008, 10:37 PM
nice going.....there were many who didn't deserve the blue stars. From my personal experience I found only a few comreps like DKre8ive1,DV8,Brandon,Vidde,Fiamma,TDC who were actually nice to users n helpful. The rest were just arrogant, rude people who just ignore if u wanted some help, they didn't even care if u had any probs on there site.

pro267
02-17-2008, 10:41 PM
Thank god for this change, the ones that i was talking to where RUDE anyways, and never responded to me, except 4 brandon!

Mate, first of all chill. Talking like that regarding all ComReps is unwarranted. As all people, some of them are excellent people while others are less than perfect. Generalizing like you did is wrong, as does gloating regarding the fact that they're not special anymore (wtf do you mean by "special" anyway?! They're all human beings like the rest of us after all.)

Be grateful for what they've done for you by keeping the trackers alive, and remember that none of them owes you a thing.

tweakz
02-17-2008, 10:46 PM

Mate, first of all chill. Talking like that regarding all ComReps is unwarranted. As all people, some of them are excellent people while others are less than perfect. Generalizing like you did is wrong, as does gloating regarding the fact that they're not special anymore (wtf do you mean by "special" anyway?! They're all human beings like the rest of us after all.)

Be grateful for what they've done for you by keeping the trackers alive, and remember that none of them owes you a thing.

Yeah some probably thought they where special!
Maybe if some wasn't so rude, then i would have to say those things, so stay out of it!

Saroman
02-17-2008, 11:00 PM
Nothing wrong with removing Comm Reps.

If some Staff wants to help, he will do it regardless of his title ;)

Among good staffers, we shouldn't forget Ex-NB Admin - Vidde :D
Always Helpful and Co-operative :)

SgtMajor
02-17-2008, 11:01 PM

Maybe if some wasn't so rude, then i would have to say those things, so stay out of it!

Funny thing is, you generally get back out of life what you put into it, you treat others as you would like to be treated yourself, and the tone of your posts suggests you got exactly what was coming to you.

Other tracker staff will read your posts and remember what you said, I wish you nothing but reciprocal feelings in return.

mrnobody
02-17-2008, 11:04 PM
nice going.....there were many who didn't deserve the blue stars. From my personal experience I found only a few comreps like DKre8ive1,DV8,Brandon,Vidde,Fiamma,TDC who were actually nice to users n helpful. The rest were just arrogant, rude people who just ignore if u wanted some help, they didn't even care if u had any probs on there site.

i disagree :P

i think the list of kool com rep is longer than that and majority com reps aren't arrogant lol

tweakz
02-17-2008, 11:05 PM

Funny thing is, you generally get back out of life what you put into it, you treat others as you would like to be treated yourself, and the tone of your posts suggests you got exactly what was coming to you.

Other tracker staff will read your posts and remember what you said, I wish you nothing but reciprocal feelings in return.

I was nice from the start, but i got no response, so why say what u said when it wasn't even u that i was talking to, u don't know my messages!

psychophil
02-17-2008, 11:26 PM
I think it is very commendable of all staff to offer advice to noobs.
I hope they receive all the recognition they deserve.
Keep up the good work at :fst:

PS The thread looks as though it is deteriorating in to a BITCH -FEST:O:P

Artemis
02-18-2008, 12:00 AM
there were advantages to the comm rep status particularly for n00bs to the forum who don't have a clue about how to contact staff , I note alot of the glee in this thread is at the expense of the people who work very hard on the torrent sites with no reward. There are some that are arrogant yes, but most help users and give of their time freely, FSC staff is a shining example of this but there are many others.
The comm rep status did not make them any more 'special' as tweakz put it unless you simply want different colored stars ? but it did define them slightly more clearly so be prepared for even more staff help me threads here.
Site staff do deserve our respect at least, it is actually quite a thankless job in many ways, and remember they volunteer their time to bring us the trackers, but I think that this decision will lower the opinion of tracker staff for FST and its members since the other side of the coin is the agreements about tracker a/c trades have now been revoked as well.
It is only an us against them mentality if you go against the wishes of the trackers that you are members of, most staff are more than happy to help with problems and are understanding although the zomg my a/c has been stolen story does get a trifle old, but for those gleefully rubbing their hands at the no holds barred trading that this will bring, it simply means that more and more trackers are simply going to disable invites or only allow staff to invite and be far more vigilant and less forgiving about IP range changes, mail changes, download habit changes, and more than likely far less understanding about the old zomg my a/c has been stolen story.
Make no bones about it, trackers will react to this, and as this free for all goes on you will see more and more restrictions placed on those wishing to belong.

monk3y
02-18-2008, 12:24 AM
i think it's for the best

deuce6000
02-18-2008, 12:29 AM
To bad things didn't work out.Some people just suck at keeping up there end of things i guess.

Tokeman
02-18-2008, 12:29 AM
They should have made it more clear wowzrbowser, but think of it this way, you agree'd to follow all the rules when joining this site, and it was up to you to find them and read them. If you had trouble, you could have asked where to locate them. Trackers do the same thing, and when you change rank, or sign up, its up to you to find out what rules have changed, if any, and look those up. No one is around to walk everyone through it, here or anywhere else.

stoi
02-18-2008, 12:52 AM
when i got offered the post by Detale, he give me a link to the rules and even pasted them in his PM to me. so i read them and asked questions about them.

when i was happy i decided to say yes, it only lasted 2 weeks max though lol

and btw i never felt special, or above and beyond anyone else on here.

KFlint
02-18-2008, 01:02 AM
when i got offered the post by Detale, he give me a link to the rules and even pasted them in his PM to me. so i read them and asked questions about them.

when i was happy i decided to say yes, it only lasted 2 weeks max though lol

and btw i never felt special, or above and beyond anyone else on here.

it didn't last long indeed but i can say hats off to you for having taken the time to understand what the community rep title was meant to be and respect the CR agreement

tedsfrozenhead
02-18-2008, 01:52 AM
There shouldn't be a rank, but i would be a good idea to have some kind of application process for a CR-like label. It wouldn't be a rank, but rather a way to identify people who are sys-ops, admins etc. at certain sites.

WhiteWizard20
02-18-2008, 02:00 AM
Great job Skizo, I can't wait to see the new system. Some of the community reps are nice and helpful while others just simply ignore you.

grimms
02-18-2008, 02:28 AM
To each its own. There were advantages and disadvantages to having the comm system in place. same rules apply now. More advantages for some and disadvantages for others. Depending on your stance, and type of member you are (good,bad,trader,non trader, etc). I think eventually the'll come up with a system that everyone will agree with and accept. When the time is right of course.

TP635
02-18-2008, 02:34 AM
I have never deal directly with any CR in this forum, but I can recognized some of their posting. People like Stoi will be around to help with or without the 5 stars. With out the formal titles they can still help if they want to; even as CP they have no obligation to render help.

The biggest effect that this new arrangement have on this forum will be seen in the Invite Thread. A free for all will be a disaster. I can't see a respectable forum like this one be a place for torrentors to break trackers rules and just get away with it.It is already bad now; people treading acc. when such act is not allowed by the tracker. And those are not noob torrentors.

Is this the reason why many trackers have little respect for this forum? A venue for torrentor to break trackers rules anonymously. I hope the situation does not go any worst.

TheFoX
02-18-2008, 03:06 AM
I never asked for, or wanted, the comm rep status. Having two colleagues here who already had this status meant that I could let my hair down (what's left of it) and be myself.

A lot of people don't realise that comm reps are no different from any other member. They have their good days and they have their bad days. Sometimes, they don't want to have to deal with the issues of a site, and just want to chill out. Other times, they will go beyond the minimum to help others.

Removing the comm rep status now means that many here can relax and chill. They are not confined by a set of rules they may or may not agree with, and can participate just like any other member.

A word of warning to account traders though. You may think that it is now safe to trade trackers, but torrent site staff have a wealth of information that they share between them, and we can track down the bad apples very easy. Many trackers can still detect account trades and disable them, without reference to FST or any other trading forum.

Now, while I am interested in what FST may have up it's sleeve for torrent site staff, I will remain a regular member, participating as I have been. For me, rank means nothing. It is not how high I stand, but how I stand, that counts.

Now think why staff are staff? Many are promoted because they go that extra mile. Whether it be KFlint, Skizo, Detale and Tralala here, or Brandon at F*N, or DK and DV8 at F*C, they have been elevated to that rank for a reason. While the staff here retain their rank, remember that community reps have earned the respect of their members, and of many members here.

These people are the pinnacle of the torrent world. It is them who have shaped what you all come to take for granted. Some of you may think that it's CR bashing time, but it isn't. For every CR basher, there will be more CR defenders. For those tempted to bash a CR, think again...

grimms
02-18-2008, 03:17 AM
I agree 100% percent with what TheFoX said.

Rumblin
02-18-2008, 04:48 AM
dont worry thefox, i dont have much hair left either

RealitY
02-18-2008, 06:23 AM
The filters were here before the rank and will remain.
Its a simple courtesy and available by request.

Sometimes I simply have to quote the content of a post.
For those bashing that isnt what this is about...

Vidde
02-18-2008, 02:06 PM
Nooooo, my beautiful stars! :angry: Now I'm out of here, see ya!

..hihi <3 Nah, not that it was directly coool anyway.. :unsure:

Good move, staff! If it was growing out of control, it's best to just kill it right away :)

Cheers <3
-Vidde

StefanSamara
02-18-2008, 02:30 PM
Well, i guess this "move" was thought over and over again by the staff... So it can't be a bad thing ;)

supper
02-18-2008, 02:35 PM
The Community Rep it was always something special in fst untell some of new noobs comers had the stars:cry:

Adama
02-18-2008, 06:38 PM
good move

SAM
02-18-2008, 10:17 PM
i don't think .this will change anything
any way,it's good to know

Dark Archon
02-19-2008, 05:38 AM
thanks for letting us know, we will be missing them hopefully

Horatiu
02-19-2008, 11:14 AM
thanks for letting us know, we will be missing them hopefully

No we won't, they are still here, just without the stars.
It's every man for himself now (well not really) but that's the first impression you get by reading this.

Anyway this won't change common sense or the level of responsability of those involved in any way.

grimms
02-19-2008, 02:27 PM
Simply put. If you value your accounts do not do invite giveaways (Which I no longer do) or account trading and invite trading. Most won't listen to or heed these words, but if you want to be 100% safe and worry free. Don't trade or give and you'll be safe. But If you have to give away an invite, give it to SOMEONE you can TRUST.

Sylar666
02-19-2008, 03:54 PM
Grimms, really let me be the Devil's advocate here. What are invites supposed to be for? To give them to some trustworthy people, I reckon. But if You are really honest with yourself, what are the chances that You meet Your real - life friends (with a long relationship) start talking torrent and give the invites to them? Chances are slim I must say. Instead You spend Your days here, getting friends here with people of the same interest. Even some kinda virtual friendship should evolve.
And the end of the day You don't - You cannot ! - know anything about who's the person behind the nick You are talking with. Could be anybody. Then with this logic, the turnover of invites and the possibility of new, respectful members joining sites would tend to ZERO. This is a catch 22. The wisest thing would be to freeze ALL INVITES on ALL tracker, then it won't be a problem. You very rarely have a chance in life to build a trusty relationship by just via reading and replying comments, and thus You cannot trust anybody per definitionem. At least not by the definition of trackers regarding invite - rules. Then what?

grimms
02-19-2008, 04:56 PM
When i say do not do invite giveaway's i mean in public. Doing so discreetly through pm, with people you trust is fine and recommended. Also most sysop's, admins, and mods will tell you to do so (Trusted members of course). Account trading is a no-no at all times(Even discreetly through pm, unfortunately we all live in the real world and know traders trade through pm's the majority of the time). Once again i'm speculating, but i'm sure it's true. Money doesn't grow on trees, am i right? Sylar your right you can't truly trust anyone you don't personally know, but you have to use your gut instinct, intellect, and wisdom, to decide who you can trust. My whole don't bother me for invites sig, States not to bother me for an invite, unless i feel like you could be trusted, or i have faith that, i can instill enough trust in you, to invite you to a tracker i'm apart of. I just learned and now know invite giving away in public is unsafe and viral. I do not look down on those that do it though (It's your decision to want to change, i won't or can't make that decision for you).

Edit: It's funny though my best friend in "real life" is a member of fst. It is funny though. Found out recently, and did mention to him that fst is a good site and left it at that. But your right most real life friends are not that adept to torrenting at all.
In some cases it is a catch22. Ask people on what.cd and pwt their views on this subject(They won't agree with the invite giveaway aspect like most trackers, now don't as well). Tracker staff would be better to answer this question then you or I. I'm not an admin, mod, or sysop. Hopefully a staff tracker member can answer this one? Break it down a little more for us all.

stoi
02-19-2008, 07:02 PM
I am starting to struggle with understanding this as well lol

We have an external invites thread on BCG for PU and above only, No trading, only giveaways. and we have had loads of sites say they do not want their giveaways on there.

now this isnt a public site, its another tracker so if anyone is going to be hard done by its us, we can loose good users because they get invited to other sites, including PU, SPU and even uploaders.

But i do not see the point of trackers giving invites to members, if you cant even give them away to PU and above on another tracker, just doesnt make any sense to me at all lol.

Its getting to such an extent now, that we might as well just remove the forum, as there are going to be more trackers that we cant have invites for than those we can.

but whatever, its up to those trackers i suppose, but it is confusing the hell out of me thats for sure.

DV8type
02-19-2008, 07:07 PM
ehhh, no biggie. It would have been nice for FST staff to have PM'd us regarding there change in position, but whatever. Most sites with an emphasis on security run a tight ship, so its water off our backs.

supper
02-19-2008, 07:10 PM

We have an external invites thread on BCG for PU and above only, No trading, only giveaways. and we have had loads of sites say they do not want their giveaways on there.

now this isnt a public site, its another tracker so if anyone is going to be hard done by its us, we can loose good users because they get invited to other sites, including PU, SPU and even uploaders.

But i do not see the point of trackers giving invites to members, if you cant even give them away to PU and above on another tracker, just doesnt make any sense to me at all lol.

Its getting to such an extent now, that we might as well just remove the forum, as there are going to be more trackers that we cant have invites for than those we can.

but whatever, its up to those trackers i suppose, but it is confusing the hell out of me thats for sure.:yup:yeap its confusing thats why tradeing invites just like give it away in my opinion both invites u giveing them to random ppl u dont know if he is a cheater or trader or what ever he is and u wont be never sure 100 % about that member is not cheater or trader and u cant judge on what he relly are from his posts or from his rep points or ratio proofs thats beside giveing away invite in forums its against the rules and if the staff will catch doing that then will be banned just like any one trying to trade that invite so its the same result!! . so if there is something call anti trader then they should keep thier invites to they selfs but if u like to help some ppl then do ur best to pick the right person but to stop giveing away and stop the trade then how can the new members can join to any tracker they want ? and for what this forum standing for? i think i will retired from tradeing but i wont retired from giveing away but this whole thing dosent make any sence for me either ....

KFlint
02-19-2008, 07:13 PM
exactly, giving away an invite on blackcats seems to me like pretty allright, you have solid proof that this user is a good one because you have access to his stats on this site, no screenshot faking possible, no stealing proofs from another person too

in fact i did gave away invites on blackcats forums and all the users i invited turned out to be great members

unfortunatly, the requirements asked in a giveaway in fst aren't 100% full-proof, so one must understand the risk of doing so and not complain if he ends up losing his invite privilege

stoi
02-19-2008, 07:26 PM
well the external invite thread is gone (for now)

i just cant be arsed with the hastle lol

Sylar666
02-19-2008, 07:27 PM
The same goes for the Invites threads of Power User Forums of the two "W"s (and the former OiNK) and Invite Thread on Forum of HDBits.org. Those guys are trustable, I guess there's no problem giving away invites there.

stoi
02-19-2008, 07:29 PM
The same goes for the Invites threads of Power User Forums of the two "W"s (and the former OiNK) and Invite Thread on Forum of HDBits.org. Those guys are trustable, I guess there's no problem giving away invites there.

well obviously there is, unless we wouldnt have got lots of trackers saying they didnt want their invites to be giving away on BCG to PU and above only.

but whatever, ours is gone now. i still dont understand it though lol

grimms
02-19-2008, 07:32 PM

but whatever, its up to those trackers i suppose, but it is confusing the hell out of me thats for sure.

Stoi isn't it though.:huh: I feel like we are living in some type of paradox or something. I agree, i don't see much harm in trackers who have PU forums, that allow invites to be given away. I have got plenty of trackers in the past that way, but after i broke What.cd's "Chain of trust" and other sites, i have been confused on who i can actually give my invites too and how. Well the how as been solved (Due to what.cd forcing my hand) but all i can say now is use your instincts, wisdom, and only give invites out to users you can TRUST. Good users at that. Don't do public giveaway's. Always follow your faq and rules specified on each tracker your a member of. You may even have to pm staff on certain rules or other things stated in the faq. I'm officially confused but still learning.:huh:

Edit: at sylar it is a problem. They seem to only want invites given away "In house style" But if it's through FST it could be deemed a "Sin". Sylar like i stated previously, alot of the stuff your saying makes sense but certain sites still disagree in regards to how you distribute the way your invites are given (To other people). Of course i'm only referring to invites, not trading. (Which is a whole other issue).

unfortunatly, the requirements asked in a giveaway in fst aren't 100% full-proof, so one must understand the risk of doing so and not complain if he ends up losing his invite privilege

Please whatever you do heed these words. I wish i was the one who said the above quote. I think thats the "Sin" i was referring to when saying some trackers do not like their invites being given away on FST, cause it's not 100% full proof(Which is true). And of course i lost my what.cd and PWT accounts for that very reason (Invite giveaway's in public).