PDA

View Full Version : Excellent News

J'Pol
08-01-2003, 04:01 PM
It seems likely that Henrick Larsson will be back for the opening game of the new season.

Thats against Dunfermline unless I am mistaken. We really want to put a few past them after the closing day of last season.

WeeMouse
08-01-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by JPaul@1 August 2003 - 17:01
It seems likely that Henrick Larsson will be back for the opening game of the new season.

Thats against Dunfermline unless I am mistaken. We really want to put a few past them after the closing day of last season.
:)

Henki will definately score a few!

Who will the No1 jersey go to? has MON announced it yet?

J'Pol
08-01-2003, 04:10 PM
Still playing it close to his chest.

Though I have a hunch (only that) that it will go to the head man, whoever that may be.

WeeMouse
08-01-2003, 04:13 PM
I'ms still a fan of Douglas, even though he can make blunders.

*WeeMouse jumps up and down and shouts "RAAAAAAAAAAAAB!!!!!!!!"

J'Pol
08-01-2003, 04:24 PM
Me too and it wouldn't be very good for Scotland if he were sub (like I give a feck).

Just depends how pre-season has gone. Particularly with Brotta away.

I think they have a good new young keeper coming through as well. Marshall I think.

chalice
08-01-2003, 04:46 PM
Up the Celts. Larsson is god.

(>Zero Cool<)
08-02-2003, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by JPaul@1 August 2003 - 17:24
Me too and it wouldn&#39;t be very good for Scotland if he were sub (like I give a feck).
@JPAul, what do you mean here, thought you were Scottish? :unsure: :)

J'Pol
08-02-2003, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by (>Zero Cool<)+2 August 2003 - 07:21--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ((>Zero Cool<) @ 2 August 2003 - 07:21)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JPaul@1 August 2003 - 17:24
Me too and it wouldn&#39;t be very good for Scotland if he were sub (like I give a feck).
@JPAul, what do you mean here, thought you were Scottish? :unsure: :) [/b][/quote]
I am, I just think that club football is much more important than international football.

lynx
08-02-2003, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by JPaul@2 August 2003 - 09:14
I am, I just think that club football is much more important than international football.
You are only saying that cos Scotland doesn&#39;t play international football.

J'Pol
08-02-2003, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by lynx+2 August 2003 - 09:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lynx @ 2 August 2003 - 09:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-JPaul@2 August 2003 - 09:14
You are only saying that cos Scotland doesn&#39;t play international football. [/b][/quote]
No argument there mate.

bigboab
08-02-2003, 10:13 AM
ZERO

As I pointed out earlier in another post. Celtic supporters would rather support the Republic of Ireland than their home team. Just my observations of over 60 years of watching Scottish football&#33; :angry:

WeeMouse
08-02-2003, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by bigboab@2 August 2003 - 11:13
ZERO

As I pointed out earlier in another post. Celtic supporters would rather support the Republic of Ireland than their home team. Just my observations of over 60 years of watching Scottish football&#33; :angry:
I support Scotland and Ireland......And if they play each other then i support Scotland&#33;

I don&#39;t see that as a bad thing, cos half of my family is Irish anyway :)

J'Pol
08-02-2003, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by WeeMouse+2 August 2003 - 11:14--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (WeeMouse @ 2 August 2003 - 11:14)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bigboab@2 August 2003 - 11:13
ZERO

I support Scotland and Ireland......And if they play each other then i support Scotland&#33;

I don&#39;t see that as a bad thing, cos half of my family is Irish anyway :) [/b][/quote]
I could not have put it better. I feel exactly the same way. I would also support Scotland over Ireland. However as all of my grand parents were born in Ireland I have no problem supporting them on any other occasion.

It appears that Boab is letting his own sectarian bile cloud his views.

I know loads of season ticket holders at Paradise and ibrox. I can honestly say that the Celtic supporters go to Scotland games more often.

10 or 15 years ago Scotland was mostly supported by rangers fans. They were simply the tartan huns. That is not the case now, whether boab choses to accept it or not.

The Tartan Army (official) has more Celtic supporters than rangers supporters in it.

bigboab
08-02-2003, 10:42 AM
Your poetic name for ireland JP :D

You are wrongly assuming that I am a HUN. I actually support a team in the lower
divisions. Actually my father was an orangeman for fifty years and packed it in because it was becoming a Rangers supporters club. He spent the remainder of his life supporting Celtic(Am I mixed up or not). As for religious bile, I thought you were not allowed to introduce religion into the forums.

I think Oscar Wilde summed up my opinion on religion.

"Opium for the masses" If you pardon me introducing the religious &#39;masses&#39; into this forum. :)

bigboab
08-02-2003, 10:49 AM
On a lighter note JP and friends.

The area where I live was absolutely chock-a-block with Celtic supporters on golfing holidays this year. Up till this week it was the only place they could shout FOUR&#33; :lol:

WeeMouse
08-02-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by JPaul+2 August 2003 - 11:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JPaul @ 2 August 2003 - 11:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by WeeMouse@2 August 2003 - 11:14
<!--QuoteBegin-bigboab@2 August 2003 - 11:13
ZERO

I don&#39;t see that as a bad thing, cos half of my family is Irish anyway :)
I could not have put it better. I feel exactly the same way. I would also support Scotland over Ireland. However as all of my grand parents were born in Ireland I have no problem supporting them on any other occasion.

It appears that Boab is letting his own sectarian bile cloud his views.

I know loads of season ticket holders at Paradise and ibrox. I can honestly say that the Celtic supporters go to Scotland games more often.

10 or 15 years ago Scotland was mostly supported by rangers fans. They were simply the tartan huns. That is not the case now, whether boab choses to accept it or not.

The Tartan Army (official) has more Celtic supporters than rangers supporters in it. [/b][/quote]
I&#39;ll support Scotland over ireland any day&#33; Just that i don&#39;t see why i shouldn&#39;t support Ireland, just cos it&#39;s seen to be secterian or whatever. it&#39;s not - i&#39;m part irish&#33;&#33;

I don&#39;t like it when Rangers supporters wear England tops just for the hell of it- you&#39;re gonna say that is bigoted....but it&#39;s not&#33;

FOr example, my wee cousin has played football for Scotland under 18s. but on July 12th, he could be seen running about wearing an England top, when he is also part irish&#33;&#33;&#33;

Support your own country&#33; Even when they&#39;re crap&#33; :D

J'Pol
08-02-2003, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by bigboab@2 August 2003 - 11:42
Your poetic name for ireland JP :D

You are wrongly assuming that I am a HUN. I actually support a team in the lower
divisions. Actually my father was an orangeman for fifty years and packed it in because it was becoming a Rangers supporters club. He spent the remainder of his life supporting Celtic(Am I mixed up or not). As for religious bile, I thought you were not allowed to introduce religion into the forums.

I think Oscar Wilde summed up my opinion on religion.

"Opium for the masses" If you pardon me introducing the religious &#39;masses&#39; into this forum. :)
I didnīt mention religion, I mentioned sectarianism.

I really donīt think that hatred has any part in religion. It may be some peopleīs excuse, that doesnīt mean I have to accept it.

Neither do I remember saying that you were a hun, you seem to have assumed that yourself.

Can I suggest you actually read the words before replying to them.

You have followed Scottish football for 60 years. I will make an assumption here, you are in the 65 - 75 range. Your facts with regard to Celtic supporters view on supporting Scotland are simply out of date.

Most feel the same way as wee mouse explained - for similar reasons.

JONNO_CELEBS
08-02-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by WeeMouse@2 August 2003 - 10:51

Yayyy, Go Lala&#39;s :lol:

I&#39;ll tell you what I think is wrong (probably off topic here) I think it&#39;s wrong for a National team to have a foriegn Manager :angry: I can think of several over the years and it&#39;s not right, each country should build a team from their own home grown people.

Jonno B)

J'Pol
08-02-2003, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by WeeMouse@2 August 2003 - 11:51

I don&#39;t like it when Rangers supporters wear England tops just for the hell of it- you&#39;re gonna say that is bigoted....but it&#39;s not&#33;

I feel particulary uncomfortable when they add the nazi salute and chant seig heil (sp)

J'Pol
08-02-2003, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by JONNO_CELEBS+2 August 2003 - 11:54--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JONNO_CELEBS @ 2 August 2003 - 11:54)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-WeeMouse@2 August 2003 - 10:51

Yayyy, Go Lala&#39;s :lol:

I&#39;ll tell you what I think is wrong (probably off topic here) I think it&#39;s wrong for a National team to have a foriegn Manager :angry: I can think of several over the years and it&#39;s not right, each country should build a team from their own home grown people.

Jonno B) [/b][/quote]
I agree

We have stuck with a Scot - good old Bertie McVogts.

bigboab
08-02-2003, 11:22 AM
Sorry JP I thought sectarianism was all about religion&#33;

Any way that wee session is now over. I am going to try and convince my wife to get digital because Real Madrid are going to be live every week. :D Not that I want to watch Beckham(He seems like a nice boy though&#33;). I reall want to watch Zidane who in MY OPINION is the greatest ball player over the last fifty years. By saying ball player that excludes one of your favourites because he is a predator and a bloody good one at that.

I am of to do the shopping. hope I haven&#39;t offended anyone this morning.

Remember I dont blame the recipients of inculcation I blame the inculcators. I am talking about both sides of the divide Here&#33; :blink:

J'Pol
08-02-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by bigboab@2 August 2003 - 12:22
I am going to try and convince my wife to get digital
I have an image of Mrs Boab (73) pixelating.

Frankly I neither need nor want it.

bigboab
08-02-2003, 11:31 AM
JP this is her 52nd birthday today&#33;

I think I will show her that&#33;

I probably overstated the amount of years I have watched football. You should know poetic licence :unsure:

J'Pol
08-02-2003, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by bigboab@2 August 2003 - 12:31
JP this is her 52nd birthday today&#33;

I think I will show her that&#33;

I probably overstated the amount of years I have watched football. You should know poetic licence :unsure:
You wee fibber.

Poetic lie sense methinks.

bigboab
08-02-2003, 02:12 PM
Good job you said pixelating and not pixielating, shes just over five foot.

I&#39;ve told her she should have bee a Rangers supporter, you know:-

&#39;WEE&#39; are the people&#33; :rolleyes:

J'Pol
08-02-2003, 02:17 PM
I&#39;ve just realised, weemouse is into the longbow

Wee arra person

bigboab
08-02-2003, 02:21 PM
Rangers cant claim originality on this&#33;

It was the war cry of the pygmies