PDA

View Full Version : !warning !

simon_no2003
08-01-2003, 05:36 PM
THE FOLLOWING FILE SIZES ARE I. P TRAP. i know this because my i. p blocker has stopped connection to the files and i have checked the users for ALL FILE SIZES LISTED HERE AND IT THE SAME USERS FOR ALL THE FILES............

753 371
744 233
744 023
742 181
741 470
717 304

AND THE SAME WAS FOUND FOR TOMB RAIDER 1. SAME USERS THAT MATCH EXACTLY FOR THESE FILE SIZES.

731 627
729 222
719 545

i will be posting this on all of the boards if any one can add to this please feel free to do so. one of the files (717 304) is listed as a verified on http://www.fasttrackmovies.com/listings.asp?L=L

james_bond_rulez
08-01-2003, 05:47 PM
i have no idea what you just said. I.P trap??? what the heck is that? explain a little

simon_no2003
08-01-2003, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@1 August 2003 - 18:47
i have no idea what you just said. I.P trap??? what the heck is that? explain a little
It is when your i.p address is loged and you get done for downloading copyrighted material .

james_bond_rulez
08-01-2003, 05:55 PM
logged by what? by who? how? by kazaa??

I need full stories ppl :angry:

james_bond_rulez
08-01-2003, 05:58 PM
you mean the files as trojans? making internet connection to some server without your consent??

simon_no2003
08-01-2003, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@1 August 2003 - 18:55
logged by what? by who? how? by kazaa??

I need full stories ppl :angry:
have you not heard of RIAA ????

heres a link about them

http://www.internetnews.com/bus-news/print.php/2175901

slammy_dunken
08-01-2003, 06:28 PM
Why did you make more than one post about this?

james_bond_rulez
08-01-2003, 06:38 PM
no man you didn't answer my question

i am asking simon to clarify his post regarding the IP Trap, which I interpret as files acting like trojans reporting your IP to the RIAA??!!

Right, simon??

Skillian
08-01-2003, 06:47 PM
The RIAA only have an interest in music, not movies. The equivalent body for the film industry is the MPAA.

simon_no2003
08-01-2003, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by james_bond_rulez@1 August 2003 - 19:38
no man you didn't answer my question

i am asking simon to clarify his post regarding the IP Trap, which I interpret as files acting like trojans reporting your IP to the RIAA??!!

Right, simon??
heres how i believe it works ... you connect to a user to download a file, your computer gives your i. p address to the computer with the file you want so it knows where to send the file to. riaa and movie company's set up accounts and when you connect to an account used by them they have your i. p address, then they contact your internet service provider and get you details from them, usually you will get a warning, but they do take people to court in the usa, the fines can be very large..

i hope this answers your question.

the i. p trap refers to a fake account you connect to download a file, by connecting to that account you are attempting to download copyrighted files.

james_bond_rulez
08-01-2003, 08:16 PM
ahh hahhahha :D

they ain't gonna get shit from me, man.

Dude u had us worried I though you were talking about trojans.

good thing i am not in the usa :rolleyes:

harrycary
08-01-2003, 09:05 PM
Once again people,

Downloading copyrighted material is not illegal.

Uploading [or sharing] is. That is why the RIAA, MPAA and others are downloading from users. To prove that they are sharing copyrighted material.

BTW, james_bond_rulez, Don't think your safe being outside the US. Most movies and music are copyrighted in all but a few countries. While the RIAA is an American association, there are similar ones in different countries[as well as the copyright holders themselves] that can go after file sharers.

Mr. Blunt
08-01-2003, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by harrycary@1 August 2003 - 21:05
Once again people,

Uploading [or sharing] is. That is why the RIAA, MPAA and others are downloading from users. To prove that they are sharing copyrighted material.
That's what I said before. But someone told me that isn't true that both uploading and dowloading copyrighted material is illegal.

simon_no2003
08-01-2003, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by harrycary@1 August 2003 - 22:05
Once again people,

BTW, james_bond_rulez, Don't think your safe being outside the US. Most movies and music are copyrighted in all but a few countries. While the RIAA is an American association, there are similar ones in different countries[as well as the copyright holders themselves] that can go after file sharers.
i copied this from the internet for you it should gives you more information about
download files media or audio softwafe or any other copyrighted material...

Is downloading mp3 files illegal?

Yes, and no. According to copyright law, distribuiting or obtaining a copyrighted work (such as a music file) without the permission of the copy right holder is against the law. This is why the answer was both yes and no. Some music files are copyrighted, some are not. To go one step further, even though some music files are copyrighted, the artists freely give away and provide the songs for download on the internet. So, according to copyright law, here is the breakdown for what is illegal and legal.
Illegal:
Downloading music files which are copyrighted that you do not hold the copyright to. For example, logging on to Audiogalaxy or Napster and downloading the newest song by Matchbox 20 (which is copyrighted like 99% of the music on Audiogalaxy and Kaaza). Once you obtained the work of music on your computer you would be in posession of copyrighted material which you did not pay for, and thus this would be illegal, and you could face prosecution.
The same thing applies for burning compact discs of music that you have not purchased. It is also illegal, and you could face prosecution.

Legal:
Downloading copyrighted songs, which have been made available by the artist for free download. In this case the copyright holder is allowing the free distibution of their work by posting it themselves and controlling the distrobution. For example, logging onto Mp3.com and downloading a song by delirious, a popular group from the UK. They have several songs available, which are all copyrighted, for download. However, to stay in the realm of the legal, you must abide by their usage restrictions on the music, which are usually minimal, such as the music is for your personal use only. By downloading these types of music files, you agree to any restrictions there may be on the music.
Downloading non-copyrighted songs, that are freely available.

Downloading copyrighted music which you "own". For example, I went out and purchased a Bon Jovi compact disc. A few months after I buy the disc, I drop the disc on the ground, and it becomes so scratched it skips when it plays. Since I have already purchased the music, I can get online and download all of the songs which are on that disc, and go ahead and burn a copy for my personal use.

Is "lending" mp3 files illegal?
Yes, if someone else is possessing them without owning them, it is an infringement of copyright law and is illegal.
Can't I let my friend "borrow" a cd of mine via mp3 files?
Yes, you could, but in that case you would not be able to posess either the physical copy of the mp3 files either on your computer or on compact disc. You can let a friend borrow your compact disc, or other form of media, but then in essence they are borrowing the copyright for the music as well. Once you have the music in 2 or more places at the same time, not all being in your posession, you have distribuited the copyrighted music illegally since there is someone other than yourself posessing the music which you have purchased and is currently in your possession.

Renegade720
08-01-2003, 10:53 PM
downloading copyrighted files without patying is definitely illegal according to the dmca <--wow, dejavu

iHadYourMomLastNight
08-02-2003, 12:33 AM
they can call it legal or illlegal watever. wat it really is , is GREEED. theyve already made their money from concerts, merchandise, cd&#39;s, etc.etc. . the big wigs just can&#39;t stand it when the little man wins. and that&#39;s wat kazaa makes possible. "Letting the Little Man Win once in a while".
fuk RIAA&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; is it morally illegal for them and the Mpaa to continue to charge us for shit that&#39;s been sold a million times. after so long it should become public domain. I like Black Sabbath (w/ozzy of course). they didn&#39;t even have CD;s back then and yet the cd&#39;s you buy today at your local greedy Record bar or Camelot music have top dollar on them regardless when they were produced or recorded(which in Black Sabbath&#39;s case well b4 CD&#39;s were born).
we all know how much it costs to make a cd. is that anywhere close to how much you have to pay. NOT&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
fuk all these overpaid musicians and producers and mixers and CO&#39;s. if it wasn&#39;t for the desire of the people to listen to their overpriced shit, they wouldn&#39;t have a pot to piss in. Just wait , this one&#39;s gonna bite em where it hurts&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :blink:

stonecold1203
08-02-2003, 01:48 AM
Downloading copyrighted music which you "own". For example, I went out and purchased a Bon Jovi compact disc. A few months after I buy the disc, I drop the disc on the ground, and it becomes so scratched it skips when it plays. Since I have already purchased the music, I can get online and download all of the songs which are on that disc, and go ahead and burn a copy for my personal use.

Thank you. That cleared up something i had in mind for some time now.

Adster
08-02-2003, 01:55 AM
ok thanks but

I dont think theres any resaon to panic about it

iHadYourMomLastNight
08-02-2003, 02:01 AM
who&#39;s to say that all my music i have on pc is not from music i bought. see that&#39;s the kicker. Riaa can subpeona people by just looking at their files . why are the laws changed for them . wat happened to innocent b4 proven guilty.
let&#39;s take up arms and go deal with the RIAA the ol fashioned way&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
fukin law breakers (RIAA&#33;) :blink:
but wat beats it all is that they have these cronie congressmen in office to back up there little WAR of GREED by saying" that filesharing is no different then holding up a bank and stealing" one more time for the record FUK RIAA&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :blink:

Gre1
08-02-2003, 02:39 AM
Didn&#39;t this start off as an tomb raider topic :huh:

iHadYourMomLastNight
08-02-2003, 02:54 AM
Laura Croft has BIGGG BOOOBIES&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
fuk an A&#33;&#33;&#33;
Billy Joe Bob is hating life i tell ya hahahaha&#33;&#33;&#33;
fuk the RIAA&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33; :blink:

Renegade720
08-02-2003, 02:57 AM
^^she has bigger lips :rolleyes:

broknsymetry
08-02-2003, 05:00 AM
You might wish to add file size 754 245 to your list...

Do a search on Laura Croft and this file will come up with about 100 sources or so, each claiming a bandwidth in excess of 1000. You think that this great, so you start d/l, but it only d/l&#39;s at about .02 Kb/s. Checking with K-Dat, all the sources are present and even list very high speeds (one even reported at over 1000Kb/s&#33;). There also something else that is strange...the IP&#39;s of the sources are almost all the same, only three or four different, but many different ports&#33; Traceroute shows all come from same location in NY with a registrant of Cable & Wireless. Sounds kinda fishy to me...perhaps as you say, a MPAA IP trap. However, after d/l&#39;ing a little over 2meg the file still would not open in avi preview, so can not be a copyrighted file. In any case, if the RIAA or MPAA decide to place one of their copyrighted files on the network then it would not be illegal to d/l it since they hold the distribution rights and if they decide to distribute it for free that&#39;s ok by me.

simon_no2003
08-02-2003, 05:36 AM
Originally posted by broknsymetry@2 August 2003 - 06:00
You might wish to add file size 754 245 to your list...

Do a search on Laura Croft and this file will come up with about 100 sources or so, each claiming a bandwidth in excess of 1000. You think that this great, so you start d/l, but it only d/l&#39;s at about .02 Kb/s. Checking with K-Dat, all the sources are present and even list very high speeds (one even reported at over 1000Kb/s&#33;). There also something else that is strange...the IP&#39;s of the sources are almost all the same, only three or four different, but many different ports&#33; Traceroute shows all come from same location in NY with a registrant of Cable & Wireless. Sounds kinda fishy to me...perhaps as you say, a MPAA IP trap. However, after d/l&#39;ing a little over 2meg the file still would not open in avi preview, so can not be a copyrighted file. In any case, if the RIAA or MPAA decide to place one of their copyrighted files on the network then it would not be illegal to d/l it since they hold the distribution rights and if they decide to distribute it for free that&#39;s ok by me.
i suspect there are loads of files out there that a placed there just to catch people as for the question of entrapment it is a very grey airier and would depend a lot on which country you are in as to how it affects you. my guess is that it is the correct file but encrypted as i say it is only a guess, if the MPAA OR RIAA place a file in there shared folder they are not giving you permission to download it as if you download a file from me evan know i am sharing it i have not given you direct permission. there is still a question regarding who much you download of a file before it becomes an offence, i would say as long as the amount can be measured. i. e one bit or bit.

it might be a good idear if a new message board was set up like the verified download but with all the bad or suspected files and file sizes listed this would make things a lot harder for MPAA or RIAA

slick nick
08-02-2003, 07:20 AM
harrycary the riaa and mpaa and their associates don&#39;t downbload oiff you. what do you think the privacy patch is for? they search for the files and take screenshots of the shared folders of users with the files. Let&#39;s be real. most of the uncopyrighted white labels, etc aint what any of us are downloading though if it&#39;s an artist we like and could find it we would.

dingdongding
08-02-2003, 06:04 PM
actually the riaa testified in 2002 in the verizon case that an riaa employee simply did a search for a specific file, dl, obtained the ip etc etc

summary guide of the anti file sharing groups: http://mercuria.no-ip.org/pg/index.php?showtopic=114

dingdongding
08-02-2003, 06:50 PM
@simon_no2003- did you happen to get the ip numbers of the arseholes doing that? also i&#39;m guessing it&#39;s a group like media defender that spreads bogus files...

simon_no2003
08-02-2003, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by dingdongding@2 August 2003 - 19:50
@simon_no2003- did you happen to get the ip numbers of the arseholes doing that? also i&#39;m guessing it&#39;s a group like media defender that spreads bogus files...
not sure how to get there i.p numers, but if you run a search for tomb raider it will list all the files i have added plus i bet there are a few more as well my now.

in the words of the late hill street blues sargent " Hey lets be careful out there "

B)

dingdongding
08-02-2003, 07:30 PM
here are the ip numbers of some of those goofballs (you can use something like netstat viewer to shows connections) also there were ones from the pg database that stopped the dl of the fake files-
Connection forcefully closed on: 64.15.226.170 - Overpeer (64.15.226.160/27)
Connection forcefully closed on: 64.15.226.164 - Overpeer (64.15.226.160/27)

here are the ones not in the pg database:

(the range from a whois is much larger 216.32.0.0 - 216.35.255.255 than the range using a subnet calculator (solar winds advanced) 216.35.71.1 to 216.35.71.254

(whois range- 66.186.32.0 - 66.186.47.255 and subnet calc range is way bigger 66.0.0.1 to 66.255.255.254 and blocks www.fasttrackmovies.com

so here&#39;s what i&#39;m gonna submit

Overpeer: 66.186.32.0-66.186.47.255 (whois range)
(comments- 66.186.39.19 is spreading multiple fake movie files- in this case they were tomb raider movie files and as a reference point known overpeer connections were closed by pg as well so it&#39;s most likely them- i used the whois range coz the subnet calc. method gave a larger range which blocks legit sites-cable and wireless is their host-please see the following link on submitting ranges http://mercuria.no-ip.org/pg/index.php?showtopic=141 )

Overpeer: 216.35.71.1-216.35.71.254 (subnet calc. range)
(comments- i&#39;m using the solar winds subnet calculator results for the range instead of the whois coz that range is too large- 216.35.71.186 is spreading multiple fake movie files- in this case they were tomb raider movie files and as a reference point known overpeer connections were closed by pg as well so it&#39;s most likely them- cable and wireless is their host-please see the following link on submitting ranges http://mercuria.no-ip.org/pg/index.php?showtopic=141 )

thanks simon_no2003 for the heads up