PDA

View Full Version : ScT banning Polish IP's too

John1988
02-18-2008, 08:12 AM
Quick reminder, don't invite Polish or Israelis to sct, the countries are IP banned and we wont be unbanning them. Word of warning, if you invite one we will ban the account and give u a warning for it also.

/ScT Cartoon Staff

be carefull guys

timmymmit123
02-18-2008, 08:15 AM
anyone know why?

dvnaruto
02-18-2008, 08:25 AM
Better invite a Mexican :)

grimms
02-18-2008, 08:40 AM
The doors are slowly closing everywhere. Trackers are doing too much disabling via IP range. Be real careful people. (Obviously they have their reasons and i won't question them, just stating my imo).

Bleacher
02-18-2008, 09:11 AM
Yeah, they are renound to cheat and are no longer welcome in bittorrent communities for that reason, many sites have taken this approach.

FatBob
02-18-2008, 09:27 AM
i hope TL does the same too

i invited an isreali to a site a week ago , and he cheated the second day :dry:

Bleacher
02-18-2008, 09:38 AM
As far as I know TL have banned Israeli IPs have they not?

zizo85
02-18-2008, 09:44 AM
As far as I know TL have banned Israeli IPs have they not?
yep
they banned israeli ips....
almost all tracker will do what sct did
banned ips of countries not welcome

one2one
02-18-2008, 09:48 AM
Ya It`s True I have Message Say this Warning ...
But All Countries Have Good People And Bad Ones So They All Will cut out ..Bad

Dark Archon
02-18-2008, 09:49 AM
Quick reminder, don't invite Polish or Israelis to sct, the countries are IP banned and we wont be unbanning them. Word of warning, if you invite one we will ban the account and give u a warning for it also.

/ScT Cartoon Staffbe carefull guys

thanks for the heads up john

monk3y
02-18-2008, 10:02 AM
it's not new, just a reminder.

This rule is a few months old.

BlueLabel
02-18-2008, 10:48 AM
that rule start at when they give invites 1.1.08

fOrUmAs
02-18-2008, 11:30 AM
lol tell me something new

we all know that for some time now

Feeling
02-18-2008, 11:54 AM
i thinking we should add .pt .ro .br .in to the ban list next :happy:

Polarbear
02-18-2008, 12:09 PM

portugal is a problem as well?

i never heard of that before.

bikernin
02-18-2008, 12:10 PM
just another case of a few rotten apples ruining it for everyone. while it seems a little harsh, im sure they did this because they must have come across numerous cases of cheating, leaving them no option but to ban the entire country's ip range. im slightly surprised that its polish users, since there are a few polish trackers im part of and there are a lot of excellent users there

Yinon
02-18-2008, 01:03 PM
You can't blame Israelis for cheating. The infrastructure in Israel is very poor, Plus ISPs that limit ports, and the way over priced high speed connections, make it impossible to maintain a ratio of even 1, without cheating.

escuoop
02-18-2008, 01:03 PM
u should create a new post for the banned countries and where they are banned, to avoid inviting or trading with?

krunktastic
02-18-2008, 01:06 PM
There's a lot of talk about who is doing the cheating. There are discrepancies about whether or not it's the Israelis themselves or their ISP's that are doing the cheating. People can't blame the Israelis for getting manhandled by their ISPs. I wouldn't prejudge and blame the Israelis especially with all this information about Goldlines faking data and such.

Something Else
02-18-2008, 01:08 PM
Somebody take them to court for racial discrimination. :eyebrows:

titofat
02-18-2008, 01:08 PM
bad news

Feeling
02-18-2008, 01:16 PM
bad news

how so? for the rest of the users and staff, its the best news.

dragos
02-18-2008, 01:19 PM
You can't blame Israelis for cheating. The infrastructure in Israel is very poor, Plus ISPs that limit ports, and the way over priced high speed connections, make it impossible to maintain a ratio of even 1, without cheating.

from this post you get smth like: the ISP's are forcing us to cheat, blame them ,not us. Really ,it's shameless to even try excusing cheating. If every user with a bad connection would cheat BT would go to hell

PRINCE
02-18-2008, 01:25 PM
ohhh
really iam sad about this news:(
but must be add limit about cheating

Yinon
02-18-2008, 01:28 PM

from this post you get smth like: the ISP's are forcing us to cheat, blame them ,not us. Really ,it's shameless to even try excusing cheating. If every user with a bad connection would cheat BT would go to hell

you can blame Israelis if you like to, but that would be awfully unfriendly.

Polarbear
02-18-2008, 01:34 PM

the problem with your statment is, that there are many countries who have a much worse infrastructure and even worse internet connections.
suprisingly enough there isn't a significant high amount of cheaters in those countries.

if you're telling us that the only possibilty for israelis to maintain a proper ratio in bittorrent trackers is to cheat, you're not doing your fellow countrymen a favour.

last time i checked israel wasn't a third world country. it has one of the highest household broadband penetration rates in the world, building on even higher internet penetration.

so do not tell anyone that israelis have to cheat! that's pure nonsense and you know that very well.

rather than finding lame excuses you should try to do something about the cheating mentality that many israelis have.

before a whole bunch of people from israel call me a racist or whatever - i didn't make the statistics that prove those facts.

Something Else
02-18-2008, 01:42 PM
Nobody has to cheat. Even when I was on a 56k modem I kept a good ratio at Elite Torrents. Used it a hell of a lot too. :smilie4:

corpse
02-18-2008, 01:44 PM
About Israeli users - http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-israeli-isps-cause-ban-271702

And, well, I don't care about ScT banning PL users even if I'm Pole, because I don't have an account there, and I don't need it anyway... Let's just hope, that other trackers won't ban PL users (SCC does, but they unbaned PL ip's after some time)... Or, hey! Maybe PolishTracker will do that too? :pinch:

stoi
02-18-2008, 01:44 PM
for BCG its Brazil that are the worst culprits, then Israel.

and saying that Israel only cheat because your internet is crap is rubbish.

We used to have an Israeli Uploader, and he was cheating on his own uploads, as was his entire invite tree.

but saying all that, we dont ban any countries on BCG, but the cheaters and the dupe accounts is why we are staying closed for now.

The Wanderer
02-18-2008, 01:45 PM

That would be really bad news and I hope the staff of SCT won't get to that.

Yinon
02-18-2008, 01:45 PM

the problem with your statment is, that there are many countries who have a much worse infrastructure and even worse internet connections.
suprisingly enough there isn't a significant high amount of cheaters in those countries.

if you're telling us that the only possibilty for israelis to maintain a proper ratio in bittorrent trackers is to cheat, you're not doing your fellow countrymen a favour.

last time i checked israel wasn't a third world country. it has one of the highest household broadband penetration rates in the world, building on even higher internet penetration.

so do not tell anyone that israelis have to cheat! that pure nonsense and you know that very well.

rather than finding lame excuses you should try to do something about the cheating mentality that many israelis have.

before a whole bunch of people from israel call me a racist or whatever - i didn't make the statistics that prove those facts.

The highest internet speed connection here is 10Mb download and 1Mb upload, on paper. De facto, we can't even reach half of that speed on file sharing. The monthly pay for such a connection is more than 85$.

stoi
02-18-2008, 01:48 PM
UK

20meg down, 756k up capped between 4pm and 12am to 5meg down, 256K up.

£40 a month, or $80 a month.

and i dont cheat and never have, so dont talk crap.

Bleacher
02-18-2008, 01:49 PM

Buy a seedbox then or donate for some credit, cheating is just....stupid.

Hehe your a meanie FeeFee!

and lol you got 5 thumbs down for that post...lol:D

Polarbear
02-18-2008, 01:50 PM

so do not tell anyone that israelis have to cheat! that pure nonsense and you know that very well.

The highest internet speed connection here is 10Mb download and 1Mb upload, on paper. De facto, we can't even reach half of that speed on file sharing. The monthly pay for such a connection is more than 85$.

oh well, that excuses everything. you are right, just continue to cheat! :frusty:

cocalait
02-18-2008, 01:52 PM
I understand it's a complicated situation but one thing is having a lousy connection and another thing is to CHEAT in a community. I have a bad home connection (256kbp/s upload) and you know what I did? Cheated? No, I got a seedbox. There are always other alternatives, it's you the one who chooses if you take the easy way or the hard way.

supper
02-18-2008, 01:53 PM
Nobody has to cheat. Even when I was on a 56k modem I kept a good ratio at Elite Torrents. Used it a hell of a lot too. :smilie4:how could u keep good ratio at sct for example by 56k modem when most of sct users useing seedboxs with at least 8 mb ? if u will download pc game and its size 5 GB from there then belive me if u will even seed it for months u wont get ur ratio 1.1 i say never !

and like cocalait (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/cocalait-180852) said when u finsh the downloading u wont find any one to seed for him u will find its over already !

to ban a whole country ips its just unfair

and i gusse its not about (only )cheaters its about donors too sct was just fine before ban all those countrys

cocalait
02-18-2008, 01:57 PM
Nobody has to cheat. Even when I was on a 56k modem I kept a good ratio at Elite Torrents. Used it a hell of a lot too. :smilie4:how could u keep good ratio at sct for example by 56k modem when most of sct users useing seedboxs with at least 8 mb ? if u will download pc game and its size 5 GB from there then belive me if u will even seed it for one year 24/24 u wont get ur ratio 1.1 i say never !

It would take him almost 9 days to download it maxing out his connection. :lol:

Yinon
02-18-2008, 02:01 PM
I never said cheating is good or justified. It's bad and parasitic. I'm just saying that it's not fun to be banned because of my fellow cheaters.
At this rate it'll be public trackers for me ):

FatBob
02-18-2008, 02:05 PM

ban every country and keep the tracker to yourself :happy:

Artemis
02-18-2008, 02:05 PM
how could u keep good ratio at sct for example by 56k modem when most of sct users useing seedboxs with at least 8 mb ? if u will download pc game and its size 5 GB from there then belive me if u will even seed it for one year 24/24 u wont get ur ratio 1.1 i say never !

It would take him almost 9 days to download it maxing out his connection. :lol:

Benchi was talking about the beginning of bit torrent when elite torrents the undisputed king and was around long before ScT was a glimmer in the coders eye, and back then alot of the files were smaller.

That being said I come from a small country that has a far worse infrastructure than that quoted for Israel, in fact most upload connections here are limited to 128k or 256k max yet no one here feels the blinding urge to cheat. Saying that your ISP's capping your speed forces you to cheat is horse pucky, look at all the comcast users in the US being throttled, yet you do not hear a single one say oh I've got a slow internet connection so I have to cheat, its your mentality that you believe you have to cheat, and you just look an ass for saying it.

0Ri0N
02-18-2008, 02:11 PM

Seems like you are really enjoying the ban thing, do you have an orgasm each time you ban a country? :lol:

Something Else
02-18-2008, 02:20 PM
If it's hard then seed for months. Simple. :smilie4:

Ontopic: Trackers ban whole countries because it saves them the bother of banning individually. It saves time, it's lazy.
I understand why they do it but still disagree with the practice.
It's kind of a catch 22. Bad users = pissed off staff = bans = pissed of users....etc.

Femto
02-18-2008, 03:07 PM
Actually if ignorant people stopped overseeding, everyone would obtain a 1:1 ratio easily. I've seen a lot of people who seed a 4.40 GB file until it hits 50 GB's. Thats stupid.

Bleacher
02-18-2008, 03:13 PM
Actually if ignorant people stopped overseeding, everyone would obtain a 1:1 ratio easily. I've seen a lot of people who seed a 4.40 GB file until it hits 50 GB's. Thats stupid.

People should be and are allowed to seed as much as they like, I can't believe I am reading someone complaining about people seeding too much...

Feeling
02-18-2008, 03:32 PM
Nobody has to cheat. Even when I was on a 56k modem I kept a good ratio at Elite Torrents. Used it a hell of a lot too. :smilie4:

When i was staff at ET i had a 4mb BY connection :D

Ethiopian4Life
02-18-2008, 03:45 PM
thats a shame but its agood thing i do not live in the polish are :)-

Yinon
02-18-2008, 03:51 PM
thats a shame but its agood thing i do not live in the polish are :)-

I guess you guys from Ethiopia have really fast connections :)

TP635
02-18-2008, 03:54 PM
Trackers that ban a whole country IP are taking the easy, lazy,and unimaginative route to solve the problem.
People who use slow upload speed as an excuse to cheat should be given a global ban from all trackers.
On a good day my best upload speed is 28kb. I have one unfinished torrent that I started dling from last xmas; and 6 more days to go.
Cheating is just stupid........ and so is banning a whole country IP.

Theif
02-18-2008, 03:59 PM
Cheating can't be justified.

Bleacher
02-18-2008, 04:07 PM
Trackers that ban a whole country IP are taking the easy, lazy,and unimaginative route to solve the problem.
People who use slow upload speed as an excuse to cheat should be given a global ban from all trackers.
On a good day my best upload speed is 28kb. I have one unfinished torrent that I started dling from last xmas; and 6 more days to go.
Cheating is just stupid........ and so is banning a whole country IP.

I would imagine it was not a decision they made at the drop of a hat.

It was obviously a last resort measure.

Yinon
02-18-2008, 04:18 PM
Cheating can't be justified.

and no one said it is

Something Else
02-18-2008, 04:18 PM

When i was staff at ET i had a 4mb BY connection :D

You utter cunt. :cry:

Cabalo
02-18-2008, 04:24 PM
last time i checked, .pt have some great connections, even 50mBs/10mbps at some stances, and ADSL2+ clients nearly everywhere.
about .in , in few cases they have decent connections, the problem is that they are so many and it's such an huge country, that of course the chances of appearing users with nearly dial-up speed connections is fair to happen. At this forum there is an user (piku20045) that has 70kbs/70kbs internet connection, and yet he says he buffered his TL account to 250gb :ermm:
as for Brazil i can't say much, they have a reputation for cheating and hacking their ass off at about anything, so i can't really say anything good on their behalf.
.ro seems also to be a problem to many trackers, but they appear to have a lot of good users and i think it would be highly unfair for their whole country to be banned because of some cheaters.

IMO banning whole countries is the lazy way, as someone said here before, and an highly unfair procedure. And remember that by doing so, u are acknowledging that your anti-cheat scripts are ineffective, because if they were good, there would be no need in banning whole countries, would it ? simple as that.

buggyfresh
02-18-2008, 04:30 PM

ban every country and keep the tracker to yourself :happy:

Ontopic: Trackers ban whole countries because it saves them the bother of banning individually. It saves time, it's lazy.
I understand why they do it but still disagree with the practice.
It's kind of a catch 22. Bad users = pissed off staff = bans = pissed of users....etc.

I agree - it's lazy...and I disagree too. You could lose good ppl doing that. But hey it's their tracker *shrugs*

Polarbear
02-18-2008, 05:21 PM
And remember that by doing so, u are acknowledging that your anti-cheat scripts are ineffective, because if they were good, there would be no need in banning whole countries, would it ? simple as that.

and how many users did we have here, that complained to be banned without a reason by anti-cheat scripts?

first people complain about scripts disabeling users without staff looking into the accounts.

now you suggest that the script should be better in automatically disabeling users.

in my opinion staff should always look into an account that has been flagged by a script.

even if there was a perfect cheater detection script. what would be the difference wether the script disables 90% of a country or you simply filter their ips?

that would only result in hundreds of "innocent" cheaters complaining about the faulty script.

all the time that tracker staff spend dealing with cheaters is wasted work and energy that they could use to help good users and improve the tracker.

cheater scripts can never substitute an experienced staff member looking at user details and make his professional judgement based on experience. the script should just be used to trigger an alert.

if i was tracker staff and i knew with a 90% probability that certain ip ranges are cheaters, i'd ban the range and save time for more important things that i don't get paid for.

it is their tracker and their free time they spend for staffing. they have the right to do anything they want which makes their voluntary work easier.

private trackers are not charity organizations, they are not p.c., they are not part of the uno and none of us has a right to be a member.

if they don't want or need certain people on their tracker for whatever reason - live with it.

i may be unfair to some good users, but it's their decision, not ours.

if you think tracker staff acts unfair, is lazy and discriminating, why do you want to become a member?

if i do not agree with a certain policy, the last thing i would do is to join them.

funny enough i haven't seen anyone saying: "i will delete my account on tracker xyz, because i don't agree with the fact that they ban whole countries."

if paypal blocks certain countries because of ongoing missing payments, they most certainly don't do it because they're lazy.

Polarbear
02-18-2008, 05:42 PM
hitler is smiling in his grave right now, i hope the sct community doesn't feel like it's staffers.

http://www.killfile.org/~tskirvin/faqs/godwin.html

godwin's law. the thread has become pointless and is over. i'm out.

monk3y
02-18-2008, 05:42 PM
And remember that by doing so, u are acknowledging that your anti-cheat scripts are ineffective, because if they were good, there would be no need in banning whole countries, would it ? simple as that.

and how many users did we have here, that complained to be banned without a reason by anti-cheat scripts?

first people complain about scripts disabeling users without staff looking into the accounts.

now you suggest that the script should be better in automatically disabeling users.

in my opinion staff should always look into an account that has been flagged by a script.

even if there was a perfect cheater detection script. what would be the difference wether the script disables 90% of a country or you simply filter their ips?

that would only result in hundreds of "innocent" cheaters complaining about the faulty script.

all the time that tracker staff spend dealing with cheaters is wasted work and energy that they could use to help good users and improve the tracker.

cheater scripts can never substitute an experienced staff member looking at user details and make his professional judgement based on experience. the script should just be used to trigger an alert.

if i was tracker staff and i knew with a 90% probability that certain ip ranges are cheaters, i'd ban the range and save time for more important things that i don't get paid for.

it is their tracker and their free time they spend for staffing. they have the right to do anything they want which makes their voluntary work easier.

private trackers are not charity organizations, they are not p.c., they are not part of the uno and none of us has a right to be a member.

if they don't want or need certain people on their tracker for whatever reason - live with it.

i may be unfair to some good users, but it's their decision, not ours.

if you think tracker staff acts unfair, is lazy and discriminating, why do you want to become a member?

if i do not agree with a certain policy, the last thing i would do is to join them.

funny enough i haven't seen anyone saying: "i will delete my account on tracker xyz, because i don't agree with the fact that they ban whole countries."

if paypal blocks certain countries because of ongoing missing payments, they most certainly don't do it because they're lazy.

you can keep writing your 2 pages posts but all i get from your post is : yea you are right, instead of being rational and checking each cheater it's a lot easier banning the whole country well geeeeeeeeeeee good luck with that attitude.

hitler is smiling in his grave right now, i hope the sct community doesn't feel like it's staffers.

http://www.killfile.org/~tskirvin/faqs/godwin.html (http://www.killfile.org/%7Etskirvin/faqs/godwin.html)

godwin's law. the thread has become pointless and is over. i'm out.

blah blah internet kiddie

supper
02-18-2008, 06:20 PM

its not that simple coz they will disable ur account

before the first month end coz of ur low ratio is too low ( as this one of the tracker rules ) even if u will seed the file for years and after u will

download ur file u will find out there is nobody u can seed for him even if u will find one

leecher to let him suffring by downloading file at 56 k he will change his mind to download it ( its nothing to do about lazy thing its just fact u cant seed untell 1.1 with speed like 26 k since there is users seeding by 8 or 10 mb !!!!! unless i download some txt or simples and seed it:happy: not pc games around 5 or 10 GB !)

back on topic i wish all the trackers try to remove the ratio system its relly getting old thing and this for sure will decrease the numbers of cheaters and hit and runs and will

give the chance for the users with a slow speed conaction to use elite trackers and at all torrent is about sharing not how much speed u got

ftn for example its dosent have ratio system u just seed ur file for 36 hours no matter what the speed u have and i think every body is happy and its dosent make ftn any worse

but to ban good users for something they have nothing to do about it its absolutely unfair

Adama
02-18-2008, 06:30 PM
yes they banned Israels and polish ips
and i don't know why
may be because of the big amount amount of cheaters of those countries

SgtMajor
02-18-2008, 07:39 PM
I never said cheating is good or justified. It's bad and parasitic. I'm just saying that it's not fun to be banned because of my fellow cheaters.

Hmmmm, interesting choice of words, I hope you didn't actually mean what you typed??

SSL on usenet, you don't have to seed anything back.

monk3y
02-18-2008, 08:22 PM
Hmmmm, interesting choice of words, I hope you didn't actually mean what you typed??

hh you know what he meant =)

SgtMajor
02-18-2008, 08:37 PM

hh you know what he meant =)

Maybe cos he typed the words, and not you or me.

idel1990
02-18-2008, 08:59 PM
Actually TL didn't ban all israeli IPs.
Unfotunately, I can understand the trackers' position, I personally, don't know a SINGLE person in real life who hasn't cheated (why I don't invite people). Cheating has become a plague, and the only way I can see for a site to get rid of cheating is closing invites and ban them slowly.
These IP bans are not the solution as they also prevent honest members from joining.

grimms
02-18-2008, 09:01 PM
I personally, don't know a SINGLE person in real life who hasn't cheated (why I don't invite people).

I guess you know EVERYONE then hmmm?

Swift
02-18-2008, 09:09 PM

That would be really bad news and I hope the staff of SCT won't get to that.

yes I think that is a decision that i don`t agree !:whistling

idel1990
02-18-2008, 09:13 PM
Oh, really?
How come that with my lousy internet connection from Israel, I manage to seed enough to maintain a good ratio even without cheating?
It's just the idiotic Israeli mentality, I so deeply hate, that the worst thing is to be a sucker, and do something, even if you don't have to.
People like you are the reason we get IP bans. If you had the will you could've seeded enough, by just limiting a 10 kb/s on your client, without bothering your internet surfing and still seed over 6GB per week, that is assuming you don't raise the cap at nights. If you download more than that per week, it's your problem that you decided to download more than a game + several movies per week.

I personally, don't know a SINGLE person in real life who hasn't cheated (why I don't invite people).

I guess you know EVERYONE then hmmm?

I never said I know everyone, but if I know around 20 people who use private trackers in my country, and every single one of them cheats, I guess it does tell something about my country...

psychophil
02-18-2008, 09:19 PM
Trust a cheater from a country whose IP's have been banned to say he doesn't know an honest person.:blink:
Up until recently I nievely thought that cheating was in the minority.:angry: But looking recently I guess not.
Oh well more invites available for us HONEST guys. :w00t::w00t::w00t:

idel1990
02-18-2008, 09:24 PM
Trust a cheater from a country whose IP's have been banned to say he doesn't know an honest person.:blink:
Up until recently I nievely thought that cheating was in the minority.:angry: But looking recently I guess not.
Oh well more invites available for us HONEST guys. :w00t::w00t::w00t:
As much as I hate to admit it, it was the truth:(, and maybe some statistics from tracker admins can back it up. And I have NEVER cheated, so please don't tell me I'm a cheater...

kaffeine
02-18-2008, 09:28 PM
There is no justification for cheating. If you don't have a nice connection and can't seed back (more like don't want to seed back, since slow connections only means more time seeding.. it's doable) then either buy a seedbox, or stick with public sites, or even better, get newsgroups (then you don't have to worry about your slow connection and resort to cheat).

I'm not in favor of banning entire countries for some bad apples, but I'm not staff, and it's obvious this problem is consuming too much time and effort to staffers and in the balance this was a better solution than individual banning.... I guess.

We used to have an Israeli Uploader, and he was cheating on his own uploads, as was his entire invite tree.
:O that's just ridiculous :lol:

tralalala
02-18-2008, 09:31 PM
This thread has gone too far. ScT is entitled to enforce any rule they wish. It's their site, their wishes. If you don't like their rules, leave 'em. I may not agree with the rule, but it's not up to me to decide.

This thread is now locked.. Rules are there, so just abide by them and don't invite Israelis/Polish people in if they don't want them. Simple.