PDA

View Full Version : No Community Reps Means You Can Trade Everything!

summertime25
02-18-2008, 11:33 PM
Seeing I am tired of people replying in trading threads that 'trading ** is forbidden'. This time period is OVER. The community reps are NO longer as you must surely have read somewhere on FST. This means that you can trade whatever you want whether it is a TL account or NB account etc. Though this does not mean that you do not run any risk in getting a disabled account.

Hope this is clear for everybody because some people still don't get the point or don't want to hear it.

Please bump this thread or post something so that everybody reads this and to stop the spamming in the trading / giveaway threads.

Regards :)

kaffeine
02-18-2008, 11:39 PM
Yes, you're right.

Also note that previously, part of the deal to becoming a CR was to allow invite trading, which meant they couldn't disable you for invite trading.

Now that part of the deal is off too ;)

edit:

We sincerely hope people will realize that by themselves now

I would also like to see this... but some have the idea that because FST allows trading it is ok to do it... and that way of mind couldn't be more wrong. Of course you're not breaking FST's rules by doing it, but what about the trackers' rules you agreed to follow when signing up? Are those ok to break?

I guess everyone knows this by now, and they still trade, so I don't think we'll be seeing a change to decrease this problem in the near future, unfortunately.

KFlint
02-18-2008, 11:40 PM
Indeed

You might like it or not, those are the new rules guys, please respect it

That doesn't mean account trading is a nice thing to do and we don't want to send a message like : " go trade accounts now, it's cool to do so"

I believe people are way more educated on the subject than 1 year ago to compare, well at least i am and know many people like me

sear
02-18-2008, 11:44 PM
That doesn't mean account trading is a nice thing to do, but we hope people will realize that by themselves now

Somehow I don't think that's going to happen :cry:

TP635
02-18-2008, 11:53 PM
This is in deed very strange: the same group of people all condemn a ratio cheater. A cheater break tracker's rule. But those same group of people see it as their right to break other section of the same tracker's rule: treading account, threading invite.

No one here will ever openly support a ratio cheater; yet we find a lot of support for members to break the rule of tracker on account trading and invite trading.

Just an observation.

danio
02-19-2008, 12:02 AM
to the OP: i think the problem might be that the people who keep spamming the threads with these things are probably not the same people who read the threads in this section, but only lurks in the invite section, playing besserwissers in a pathetic attempt to "gain points" :).

mrnobody
02-19-2008, 12:03 AM
that also means they can ban ur a$$ :lol:

Emperator
02-19-2008, 12:04 AM
1 question

What FST staff thinks about trading invites / accounts, or giving away invites ?

Im asking this to

Skizo, RealitY (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/reality-15441), KFlint (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/kflint-159072), Detale

im just Curious

supper
02-19-2008, 12:06 AM
u can offer account for trade now its ok but staffer still can hunt u down so dont trade account or invites untell u know what u are doing fst rules have changed but trackers rules dosent....

DarkLured
02-19-2008, 12:14 AM
This is in deed very strange: the same group of people all condemn a ratio cheater. A cheater break tracker's rule. But those same group of people see it as their right to break other section of the same tracker's rule: treading account, threading invite.

No one here will ever openly support a ratio cheater; yet we find a lot of support for members to break the rule of tracker on account trading and invite trading.

Just an observation.

Hmm, questionable logic :dry: Hating cheaters but not traders is not necessarily hypocritical. Take me for example: I think cheaters suck, but not because they break tracker rules. I hate them because cheating is inherently dishonest - they take without giving (which goes against the whole ethos of bittorrent and file-sharing) and they lie about how much (or how little) they share. I also hate them because if I trade/give an invite to someone who then falsifies their ratio, it puts me at risk of getting banned from the tracker. Trading is arguably OK, if done responsibly and honestly, but ratio cheating is never justifiable.

mrnobody
02-19-2008, 12:16 AM
1 question

What FST staff thinks about trading invites / accounts, or giving away invites ?

Im asking this to

Skizo, RealitY (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/reality-15441), KFlint (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/members/kflint-159072), Detale

im just Curious

i remember CR agreement said something like this:

We recognize that account trading are problem but invite trading isn't. If members of one site is rewarded with invite, it's obvious that some desire to trade it to get into different site.

So i think that is what they think?

But i am sure they don't mind trading at all (invite or account)...and that is why they are allowed here :P

kaffeine
02-19-2008, 12:31 AM
But i am sure they don't mind trading at all (invite or account)...and that is why they are allowed here :P
I'm pretty sure that's not the case. I can assure you, none of the 4 mentioned look with good eyes trading... invites or accounts.

KFlint
02-19-2008, 12:37 AM

hahaha, good one

there ain't no trader in the staff as far as i know

giving away invites or trading invites is roughly the same thing, you let stranger join a tracker. But at least, this way, you remain responsible for who you invited, so while i understand why trackers don't like it, i believe that's a not a major concern.

on the other side, account trading can lead to multiple problems, including cheating (to buffer account and trade it), scamming, false representation on a tracker etc...for some reasons, some trackers aren't preoccupied by that while other are

think i don't have to tell which one is worst

TP635
02-19-2008, 12:42 AM

Just an observation.

Hmm, questionable logic :dry: Hating cheaters but not traders is not necessarily hypocritical. Take me for example: I think cheaters suck, but not because they break tracker rules. I hate them because cheating is inherently dishonest - they take without giving (which goes against the whole ethos of bittorrent and file-sharing) and they lie about how much (or how little) they share. I also hate them because if I trade/give an invite to someone who then falsifies their ratio, it puts me at risk of getting banned from the tracker. Trading is arguably OK, if done responsibly and honestly, but ratio cheating is never justifiable.

Both acts break trackers rule and will lead to a ban. I don't see it being illogical. A cheater will be able to justify his act and so will n illegal account treader.

I am not hating any group for such act; I am only stating it as an observation. You said you hate cheaters; fair enough. But there will be people who will disassociate them self from you because you are are illegal account treader. And that you have to accepts. There will be people who go further as to hate you.

grimms
02-19-2008, 12:45 AM
giving away invites or trading invites is roughly the same thing, you let stranger join a tracker. But at least, this way, you remain responsible for who you invited, so while i understand why trackers don't like it, i believe that's a not a major concern.

on the other side, account trading can lead to multiple problems, including cheating (to buffer account and trade it), scamming, false representation on a tracker etc...for some reasons, some trackers aren't preoccupied by that while other are

think i don't have to tell which one is worst

:yup:Something i failed to realize when i was doing giveaway's (Which i don't anymore after losing my what.cd and pro wrestling torrents accounts for doing invite giveaway's on fst) Giving them away and trading them is basically the same thing (when it's being given to somebody you don't know). I agree with KFlint on this also, I have learned alot more about the BT world, rules, how things work, that i didn't know since November 2007.

Night0wl
02-19-2008, 01:16 AM
I hope that now when no trackers get special preference, staff here will allow staff at sites to do anything and everything in their power, to disable account traders and people who giveaway accounts where the tracker doesn't allow it.

That would make the new com-rep free FST even better than it was before.

As for people replying to trading/giveaway threads that it is not allowed due to tracker rules, I would think it has a positive effect on many of the newer members here that might not know this, and could make for a change of heart when it comes to trading, accepting accounts.

stroj
02-19-2008, 01:31 AM
They maybe dont like trading, but trading is what keeps this section on the top and alive. So they just mind their own a**es and dont care much about tracker rules.

pro267
02-19-2008, 01:40 AM
account trading can lead to multiple problems, including cheating (to buffer account and trade it), scamming, false representation on a tracker etc...for some reasons, some trackers aren't preoccupied by that while other are
Agreed.

It seems everyone in their right senses agree that account trading is wrong, so why not take this opportunity of a change in FST policies towards trackers and make FST even better by doing that long awaited step and disallowing account trading? I mean, the circumstances have changed and there is nothing more to gain for FST users; before the change one could argue that FST users gained an extra benefit of being able to trade invites freely according to the ComReps agreement, but now that that's irrelevant why keep supporting a thing which only hurts the BT community and achieves nothing? :frusty:

Artemis
02-19-2008, 01:48 AM
In answer to the OP and others yes exactly , the removal of CR status means you can trade anything you desire, but I think you wll find the reverse is true, because of this the trackers will toughen up their invite rules even more making it more difficult rather than easier to join these communities. I think that you will find staff members far less understanding of the zomg my a/c has been stolen when your traded a/c gets scammed too. Also of course since invite giveaways are clearly against most tracker rules you will see more bans coming through now for giveaways since the comm reps and therefore those agreements have been revoked.
In the big picture though outside of this forum in the BT community in general, this will bring about a hardening of tracker rules since the rules of the invite section here on FST are against the rules of the trackers you wish to belong to. We have already seen in the last month one of the most respected trackers ftn completely remove invites and even two of the newer sites have also made a similar move to prevent invite trading, this is only going to continue becasue the sites you want to belong to do not want you to trade their invites, let alone the a/c's that everyone will try to trade now, all this does is hurt the community and bring about a stiffening of the rules.
On the upside of course Kflint can now now nail all the little gl +1 spamzores to his hearts content and all the others who spam the invite section.

Albo Da Kid
02-19-2008, 02:08 AM
Nooooooo now the forum is going to be a big chaos. People are going to start skeeming and evertytihng..

Femto
02-19-2008, 02:25 AM
Just remove the pointless ratings and your problem will be solved.

Albo Da Kid
02-19-2008, 02:30 AM
What do ratings have anytihng to do with it?? maybe they do but at least keep the tracker reviews so people don't go chasing after someitnhg and then find out that wasn't what they were looking for.

grimms
02-19-2008, 02:38 AM
I don't know if most of you realize this (N00bs and others not in the know) But Administers, mods, sysops, the president, whoever the hell else, know whats going on. They know who the bad seeds are, they know who is account trading, scamming, basically anything claimed a "Bad Deed" Due to your IP address, software and other things that come with the tracker database they use, and users who spy on users (Who won't reveal their identity) They don't even need forums and FST to do these things. Though sometimes it helps, and makes the banning process faster for trackers and their staff.

Something Else
02-19-2008, 02:43 AM
Members here should also realise that if they break tracker's rules there is a good chance all their information will be passed to other trackers.
This change in rules on FST will hopefully see to it that sites communicate better and share info to tighten the net on this sort of behaviour. :smilie4:

EDIT: yeah what he said. ^

pawned
02-19-2008, 02:45 AM
Indeed

That doesn't mean account trading is a nice thing to do and we don't want to send a message like : " go trade accounts now, it's cool to do so"

I believe people are way more educated on the subject than 1 year ago to compare, well at least i am and know many people like me

If FST dint support trading there wouldnt be any BT invite section at all.....

Detale
02-19-2008, 04:36 AM
Indeed

Wow did you come up with that all on your own? :ermm:

FST supports freedom for our members, Also with your big 17 posts after you been here a while you may find out many many sites don't care about invite trading and yes there are a few that don't care about acct trading either. So we have the BT invites section to trade and hold giveaways but we also suggest that our members uphold respective site rules as best they can.

SgtMajor
02-19-2008, 04:46 AM

FST supports freedom for our members, Also with your big 17 posts after you been here a while you may find out many many sites don't care about invite trading and yes there are a few that don't care about acct trading either. So we have the BT invites section to trade and hold giveaways but we also suggest that our members uphold respective site rules as best they can.

100s of Kids in a candy shop, store owner shouts

"from now on children, all candy is free, but please, only take what you need for now",

There's a sign above the door that says

"no-one will stop you taking whatever you want, but we have cameras watching you and if you get caught coming back for more & more we will have to stop you and ban you from this shop only as that is all we can and are allowed to do, we can't stop you going to the shop next door"

And all the happy children all walked out with only 1 little lollipop each and the world lived happily ever after.

Dark Archon
02-19-2008, 04:48 AM
so basically all reps are no longer getting the stars? they just normal members now?

Detale
02-19-2008, 05:01 AM
@SGT
a bit oversimplified and dramatic don't you think? Hopefully the majority here don't act like children. Also I believe it's been made clear that staff will most likely "go after" traders as well so members should be careful as to what they trade and not cry if they get banned for such behavior

@Tiantian

Well the stars were only stars they are still the same members they were. Some good some well...not so much

Dark Archon
02-19-2008, 05:10 AM
@Tiantian

Well the stars were only stars they are still the same members they were. Some good some well...not so much

but former reps still allow to be part FST right?

BlueLabel
02-19-2008, 05:21 AM
all the reps will be back (or maybe they still here) just without the rep tags
so they can still catch people and band them
you dont have to be with 5 stars tag to ban people form trackers the staffers can do it as regular members here

Dark Archon
02-19-2008, 05:36 AM
all the reps will be back (or maybe they still here) just without the rep tags
so they can still catch people and band them
you dont have to be with 5 stars tag to ban people form trackers the staffers can do it as regular members here

don't know why they removed their titles

thanks for the reply

sleepyy
02-19-2008, 05:38 AM
One way it's good and not in the other those that get cought tradeing where there not supposed to have a bigger chance now to get cought. And it milks out people that do not wish to remain to be part of that tracker. The problem i see how would a person resolve a problem with a certain tracker if community reps are not here? an issue of trust comes into play not knowing who is who if somebody else offer their help i have solved a few problems here when i had no access to the site or irc via community rep.

Artemis
02-19-2008, 05:49 AM
So we have the BT invites section to trade and hold giveaways but we also suggest that our members uphold respective site rules as best they can.

A little slippery of you there Detale ?, there is little in the way of suggestions that members uphold site rules here, and most of those that engage in trading especially of a/c's no full well that this breaks the membership rules of the trackers that they belong to (with as you say 'some' exceptions).
In a way I agree the CR agreements were a half assed solution, especially for those sites not wishing their invites to be given away in public. I think the reaction from the majority of trackers will be more rigorous enforcement of their site rules, and probably a continuation of the trend for trackers to close or severely limit their invitation system.
But then trade was always about personal gain rather than any kind of community spirit anyway ?

grimms
02-19-2008, 06:31 AM
But then trade was always about personal gain rather than any kind of community spirit anyway ?

I'm afraid so....:yup:

SCR
02-19-2008, 07:05 AM
1 question

Im asking this to

im just Curious
Sorry for interfering on this but the answer to this is pretty much in here : http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-read-first-section-guidelines-read-first-124002
If you take a closer look you will find this in the guidelines :
"Respect Communities You're A Member Of
Who You Invite

Most sites want you to invite those you know and trust.
At the least read their posts to get familiar with them.
If possible check their profile at mutual torrent sites.
Site Names And URL Links

DO NOT post links or names of sites that don't want them posted.
DO NOT post names with spaces and similar to bypass filters.
DO NOT post images with this information for these sites.
Read the rules of the sites you're a member at and if you choose
to break them don't complain if action is taken against you."
I think that FST rules and guidelines are pretty good .
I see things this way : When someone joins FST comunity it has 30 days before beeing allowed to enter the Invite Section . If that someone is smart uses those 30 days to get familiar with the forum and see how things go in here i am mainly refering to this : trade ? or not trade ? Well there are 30 days for everyone to decide if they are here to trade or be a part of the comunity here and learn some things about the BT comunity that u can`t really learn in other places (i searched ... didn`t find any as good as FST is)
There are some advantages in just beeing a part of this comunity : like one staff from FSC(and not only) said : u have the chance here to get noticed(by the right people) and get invited in places where u can never join by trading (and that`s a fact).
If the trading way is what someone choses ... well then that`s his choice but it is a long term suicidal choice (at least that`s how i see it ) because u will eventually get caught and start losing every tracker u are in (another fact).
Bottom line : FST doesn`t encourage trading or public giveaways it only allows it.

P.S All that i have written above is my way off seeing how FST is.

grimms
02-19-2008, 07:20 AM
I agree with SCR as far as the rules. I don't agree with the account trading but you can't always have your cake and eat too can you? Also the staff are not here to babysit other trackers only this forum. I think BT mods, and administers, prefer to join in on intellectual conversations versus playing the role of dad or a BT cop(Thats why they tend to hangout in the lounge or everything related to this board sections of the forums). But thats hard to do as well.

Artemis
02-19-2008, 07:45 AM
well whatever else happens, I hope Kflint enforces the infraction rule over the rather disgusting tags that this thread is attracting.........

bikernin
02-19-2008, 08:11 AM
well whatever else happens, I hope Kflint enforces the infraction rule over the rather disgusting tags that this thread is attracting.........

:yup: the tag thing all of a sudden is being misused a lot. atleast they were entertaining previously. now its just gross. unless some infractions are handed out, people are not going to learn.

the title of this thread is extremely misleading to newcomers here who do not have much background or understanding of what has happened. as such, most trackers have been against invite trading and for CRs to agree not to act upon it was always a compromise of the tracker rules. this was waiting to happen and im glad that it finally did. atleast now the tracker staff here have the power to act when someone is found trading. so if you ask me, the situation has gotten worse for invite/account traders. the title of this thread should be the opposite!

Artemis
02-19-2008, 08:56 AM
I also think the title although not misleading only shows one side of the equation and my previous posts in this thread have been an attempt to point out the other side, unfortunately though most can only see that there are now no rules for trading, anything bt related is up for trade. Of course as I also mentioned and others have too, there are now no invite rules for the CR's to follow either so any trading or public giveaways that are against the rules of the tracker involved will result in a ban if the user is caught. Simple choice really, but I think all the 'my account has been stolen' threads that are about to appear will fall on far deafer ears than before from the tracker staff.

DKre8ive1
02-19-2008, 09:40 AM
This means that you can trade whatever you want whether it is a TL account or NB account etc. Though this does not mean that you do not run any risk in getting a few accounts disabled.

Regards :)

Fixed* added or changed underlined words

Like its been said yes you are free to do as you will just as the trackers are free to do the same.

But like its also been said a few times already users have to realize community staff talk to each other and have ways of getting out the details of a bad user to others.

Vidde
02-19-2008, 12:37 PM
Pfft, even if the stars are gone, the community reps are still looking after their trackers in either way, thinking otherwise is just dumb.

You -can- obviously now trade trackers, but I highly advice you to not. The stars CR had, didn't grant them any more information from FST then a regular member. That means, all the traders got caught just based on the information the CR's figured out themselves.

In other words, if ppl wants to trade "forbidden trackers", fine. Just realize that you're gonna get caught and banned for it, cause even if the stars are gone, the ability to think and hunt is still there ;)

-Vidde :)

JGG
02-19-2008, 12:49 PM
Hehe... I'm now a lowly 'Poster'...

feels good...
:)

Adama
02-19-2008, 01:22 PM
yes you can trade accounts at fst
but still the tracker staff still can ban you

ghurka
02-19-2008, 01:47 PM
I think most of the responsible members have said it all about why you should not think of this as the opportunity to go on a trade-fest but one thing that hasn't been mentioned is whether it will affect the giving of invites on the trackers. Think about it. Almost all the trackers have staff that hang around here and will keep an eye on all invite/account trading.

So if suddenly there is a lot more invite trading activity how do the trackers deal with that. Most if not all traded accounts get disabled but the invites are a little more difficult to track down. There is of course one solution - disable invites. All of the top rated trackers don't need any new members and give out invites as a courtesy to their members. The trackers won't suffer without invites but you will.

If you want to take that chance fair enough. But don't come here whining when your invites are disabled.

bikernin
02-19-2008, 02:12 PM
Pfft, even if the stars are gone, the community reps are still looking after their trackers in either way, thinking otherwise is just dumb.

You -can- obviously now trade trackers, but I highly advice you to not. The stars CR had, didn't grant them any more information from FST then a regular member. That means, all the traders got caught just based on the information the CR's figured out themselves.

In other words, if ppl wants to trade "forbidden trackers", fine. Just realize that you're gonna get caught and banned for it, cause even if the stars are gone, the ability to think and hunt is still there ;)

exactly, its not as if they've taken away the CRs' brains

grimms
02-19-2008, 02:17 PM
Like i stated earlier, You'll get banned for account and invite/trading. CR's, now just regular members of FST (But admin, sysops, and mods of their respective trackers) will catch YOU. Unfortunately there are alot of people who simply can care less about tracker rules. Hopefully if they value their rep and most importantly their ACCOUNTS, the'll heed and remember these words, "Don't think you will not get caught". Everyone who needs to know, who they need to know, will pass on information and catch any bad seeds(Unfortunately this particular debate will be talked about, until either invites or trackers no longer exist). The end.

KFlint
02-19-2008, 02:18 PM

Exactly, anyway guys, don't be mistaken, a lot of forbidden accounts to trade were traded on FST through PM anyway, we had no way to prevent that, except if the trade ended up with a scam

Sputnik
02-19-2008, 02:39 PM
Most BT trackers are international! They rely on forums like this to spread their invites and worldwide interest in their trackers. Why should the rules here be changed for the benefit of a tiny number of trackers? If you ask me anyway it's of more benefit to them having most the traders under one roof.

grimms
02-19-2008, 02:42 PM
Most BT trackers are international! They rely on forums like this to spread their invites and worldwide interest in their trackers. Why should the rules here be changed for the benefit of a tiny number of trackers? If you ask me anyway it's of more benefit to them having most the traders under one roof.

It's not a benefit, it's a hassle. But people choose to not learn, for what reasons? I don't know. I'm perplexed when it comes to that.

Sputnik
02-19-2008, 02:49 PM
It's unavoidable, you think FST shuts down its trading section and that's that? Get real! Multiple new trading forums will take over and make it even harder for staff to monitor.

grimms
hmmm..

BlueLabel
Exactly, anyway guys, don't be mistaken, a lot of forbidden accounts to trade were traded on FST through PM anyway, we had no way to prevent that, except if the trade ended up with a scam

agree
many "untraders" members here are traders via PM

grimms
02-19-2008, 02:52 PM
It's unavoidable, you think FST shuts down its trading section and that's that? Get real! Multiple new trading forums will take over and make it even harder for staff to monitor.

Hmm..Nice to see that your so adamant about that...:dry:

grimms
02-19-2008, 02:54 PM

agree
many "untraders" members here are traders via PM

For one, use the proper context. Many "Non-traders". For two, I don't agree with that entirely. You could say a fair amount but i don't think many people are. Of course i'm now speculating as well, so in the end we may both be wrong on this.

stroj
02-19-2008, 02:59 PM

who started it? :dabs:

i think this step is good for bad users and bad for fair users. still it wont change much...its already fucked up :P

Sputnik
02-19-2008, 03:10 PM
Ha you call me "adamant" yet your the one that disregards everyone's opinions in favour of your own ;)

MuFuukan R
02-19-2008, 03:11 PM
Traders will be traders, scammers will be scammers, and cheaters will be cheaters, torrent admins will be torrent admins, snitches will be snitches, this world is dynamic, and everyone in it is different and enjoys something different, nothing will change.

grimms
02-19-2008, 03:11 PM
Ha you call me "adamant" yet your the one that disregards everyone's opinions in favour of your own ;)

Really I do Spunik? Hmm...Interesting. I guess i can accept that coming from a guy with only 8 post's. You win, I lose.

Sputnik
02-19-2008, 03:20 PM
2405 anti trade posts I think gives everyone on the board a good idea what your all about. Why you care so much? Maybe at 3000 you might just get that FTWR invite, huh.

grimms
02-19-2008, 03:37 PM
2405 anti trade posts I think gives everyone on the board a good idea what your all about. Why you care so much? Maybe at 3000 you might just get that FTWR invite, huh.

:rolleyes:I guess...You can do the honors and provide to me as well.;)

Sputnik
02-19-2008, 03:45 PM
Depends on what you trade me for it. Muhaha.

Something Else
02-19-2008, 05:18 PM
@SGT
a bit oversimplified and dramatic don't you think? Hopefully the majority here don't act like children. Also I believe it's been made clear that staff will most likely "go after" traders as well so members should be careful as to what they trade and not cry if they get banned for such behavior

I would estimate that 90% the members here are children. :dabs:

grimms
02-19-2008, 07:50 PM
@SGT

Definitely agree with you on that benchez. Most of the time you can tell just by the way they act, and what they type.

Sputnik
02-19-2008, 09:45 PM
Duh, how else would you tell. Check out their penis size on MSN? Why you like hanging out with so many kids all the time should be the discussion here. Seeing as you post in most the topics in this section :/

grimms
02-19-2008, 09:49 PM
Duh, how else would you tell. Check out their penis size on MSN? Why you like hanging out with so many kids all the time should be the discussion here. Seeing as you post in most the topics in this section :/

:rolleyes:I'm sorry am i not paying you enough attention?:noes::dabs:

Sputnik
02-19-2008, 09:53 PM
I deserve better :pinch:

+Your avatar seriously gives me the creeps now. Is that candy he's offering?

krunktastic
02-19-2008, 10:15 PM
@SGT

QFT

bikernin
02-19-2008, 10:16 PM
^^ its dope kid :P
interesting how you turned this into a personal battle!

Sputnik
02-19-2008, 10:22 PM
Just saving the topic from a 6 page anti trade rant from grimms.

bikernin
02-19-2008, 10:29 PM
wow that makes you a superhero dosent it? :P
what shall we call you? Sputman? :naughty:
p.s im extremely bored and out of weed

Artemis
02-19-2008, 10:33 PM

Interesting that you have singled out grimms considering the number of staff members that have posted their thoughts in this thread, it is not an anti trade thread but there are two sides to the coin of the CR agreements being revoked here.
I am saving an important thread from being buried with inane comments.

psychophil
02-19-2008, 10:33 PM
I can tell from some of the comments, by some members in this thread that they think it will be easy to trade.:wacko:
Excluding staff by the way
But BEWARE alot of high level trackers are watching you :shutup:

bikernin
02-19-2008, 10:41 PM

Interesting that you have singled out grimms considering the number of staff members that have posted their thoughts in this thread, it is not an anti trade thread but there are two sides to the coin of the CR agreements being revoked here.

hey watch it before you save anyone or anything from anyone or anything! we can only have one superhero per thread :P

grimms
02-19-2008, 10:41 PM

:(Thats how you think of me. Damn kid you really want some attention. I know being a n00b is hard, but why you jocking me? This topic is about No Community reps, not about me or you. Kids these days...(It's hard enough having my own to deal with it).

bikernin
02-19-2008, 10:42 PM
I can tell from some of the comments, by some members in this thread that they think it will be easy to trade.:wacko:

yep. you can almost hear the ex CRs say :
ill be watching you alalalalalong

grimms
02-19-2008, 10:44 PM

Very true. Admins, Sysops, and mods are far from stupid. Also anyone thinking they are, are just insulting their intelligence. I for one know tracker staff know each other pretty well, and word get's around quick. Thinking staff ain't watching, or not going to act cause they lost 5 green stars is foolish.

True Artemis. I apologize to everyone right now for my comments towards....

Skiz
02-20-2008, 03:35 AM
1 question

Im asking this to

im just Curious

I think you're all part of the problem.

Anti-traders are more annoying than traders in my book. At least traders do what they do and STFU about it. Anti-traders give invites to those they don't know and think it's OK b/c they "gave" it away, all the while being as annoying as possible by giving their 2 cents in every trader topic created.

mrnobody
02-21-2008, 01:51 AM
reopened at general request

someone still has something to say? :huh:

pawned
02-21-2008, 02:11 AM

i have been here long enough to know whats happening infact everyone knows what happens in the fst invite section well atleast the genuine and knowledgeable BT members do , and if you say that some sites allow trading invites then fine allow members from trading those invites but i see members trading every site here openly.

and can you please name a few sites which allow account and invite trading lest see how many they are and how many threads are there for those sites.....

mrnobody
02-21-2008, 02:23 AM
and can you please name a few sites which allow account and invite trading lest see how many they are and how many threads are there for those sites.....

i realize that u are asking D but since i know couple, i don't want to miss my change to buffer my post :lol:

-Elektronik allows for sure...confirmed by their staff at FST
-TR has trading forum and i have seen TR invites been offered in their own forum
- not 100% sure but i think CO and KG don't mind invite trading?
- ncore maybe?

Night0wl
02-21-2008, 02:33 AM
The problem really comes down to money in the end. We all know that for a forum to be profitable it needs as much traffic as possible. It is inevitable that if FST was the ban all trading some of the members would leave, and it's easy to say good riddance for us that don't need invites to anywhere, but for the new members it is a different scenario. Fact is that some of the people that trade do also give, even to new users.

So banning all trading, which I think is the right thing to do, isn't an option for the owners of the forum. A move like that from their side, would not only make the traders leave, but also FST might lose the status of being the place to find invites, traded or not. So looking at it from a business point of view it's a step in the wrong direction.

Now if let's say they did do this:

Would tracker staff go easier on members doing public giveaways here? Most likely some would, but most probably wouldn't.

Would FST still be the place to get invites? Maybe, but they would get fiercer competition.

If you owned this forum, would you ban trading altogether?

Would the n00bs still come here and wait a month to get access to the invite section?

P.S. maybe this went a bit off topic but it is still in range.

Oh and just for the record. I am highly against trading. Just looking at facts and reasons.

KFlint
02-21-2008, 02:44 AM
The problem really comes down to money in the end. We all know that for a forum to be profitable it needs as much traffic as possible. It is inevitable that if FST was the ban all trading some of the members would leave, and it's easy to say good riddance for us that don't need invites to anywhere, but for the new members it is a different scenario. Fact is that some of the people that trade do also give, even to new users.

So banning all trading, which I think is the right thing to do, isn't an option for the owners of the forum. A move like that from their side, would not only make the traders leave, but also FST might lose the status of being the place to find invites, traded or not. So looking at it from a business point of view it's a step in the wrong direction.

Would tracker staff go easier on members doing public giveaways here? Most likely some would, but most probably wouldn't.

Would FST still be the place to get invites? Maybe, but they would get fiercer competition.

Would the n00bs still come here and wait a month to get access to the invite section?

Oh and just for the record. I am highly against trading. Just looking at facts and reasons.

i do agree that this is not only a moral dilemna to allow or forbid trading, the impact it has on the popularity of this board is a variable to include in this complex equation

fatcat69
02-21-2008, 02:51 AM

its because i didn't get to spam it ...thats why wasn't it :P

To throw down my opinion....and a little fact:

Trade all you want people, its your account you can trade if you want.

However don't go crying when you get banned from sites for it.

And trust me, if you think your ip isnt easy to find...know that staff here at FST are friends with staff on sites...and if sites request for an ip of a user...they will get it.

I have gotten plenty of ips for users here trading high level sites...and I know plenty of staff on sites get them too.

Enemy of my enemy is my friend...:lol:

Artemis
02-21-2008, 02:54 AM
i do agree that this is not only a moral dilemna to allow or forbid trading, the impact it has on the popularity of this board is a variable to include in this complex equation

I have always understood the underlying popularity of the invites section and the need for it to be apart of this forum. In the end although it maybe tiresome seeing the same points of view time and again, one of the great things about this forum is the exchange of views, and anyway even you Kflint have to admit sometimes even the flaming is hilarious:naughty:

The important thing I think is that people make an informed choice about whether to trade or not, and I think it would help if those against trading were more responsive and helpful to newer members here (which we once all were), to show that there are other choices.

It is after all up to the members here to make of this forum what they will, so it is a given that the invite section is a vital part of this community, it is just how this section is conducted which is more the question.

pro267
02-21-2008, 03:02 AM

Very well put Blue_Skies, probably one of the most accurate summaries of the situation I've seen. I share your pov regarding trading and would like to see it disallowed, but I'm also realistic and understand it won't happen in the near future due to the reasons you've mentioned (although there's no harm in trying to push to that direction ;))

Bye the way, the answer to the two questions you've presented are that I would like to think that I would've built it differently to begin with, and probably not.

stoi
02-21-2008, 03:05 AM

its because i didn't get to spam it ...thats why wasn't it :P

To throw down my opinion....and a little fact:

Trade all you want people, its your account you can trade if you want.

However don't go crying when you get banned from sites for it.

And trust me, if you think your ip isnt easy to find...know that staff here at FST are friends with staff on sites...and if sites request for an ip of a user...they will get it.

I have gotten plenty of ips for users here trading high level sites...and I know plenty of staff on sites get them too.

Enemy of my enemy is my friend...:lol:

Sorry but i have to reply to this.

I have never got an IP from a staff member for a member i wanted to know more about on here.

Mind you i have never asked lol

fatcat69
02-21-2008, 03:07 AM
i do agree that this is not only a moral dilemna to allow or forbid trading, the impact it has on the popularity of this board is a variable to include in this complex equation I have always understood the underlying popularity of the invites section and the need for it to be apart of this forum. In the end although it maybe tiresome seeing the same points of view time and again, one of the great things about this forum is the exchange of views, and anyway even you Kflint have to admit sometimes even the flaming is hilarious:naughty:

The important thing I think is that people make an informed choice about whether to trade or not, and I think it would help if those against trading were more responsive and helpful to newer members here (which we once all were), to show that there are other choices.

It is after all up to the members here to make of this forum what they will, so it is a given that the invite section is a vital part of this community, it is just how this section is conducted which is more the question.

See if I was serious in my post above, I would have gone with something along these lines.

I do agree that maybe a adequte precaution for the invite section would be to inform users that most trackers are against trading and will ban members for doing so.

Maybe a quick FAQ can be made to inform users of the pro's and cons of trading or not trading invites/accounts. Also it will include maybe a public poll or two showing how trading impacts your relationship with a tracker and its members, as well as informing new members that if you are caught trading an account at one site, most likely your ip/email address/username will be sent to other popular site ops in order to prevent any further trading by you from occurring.

Also, scammers should be weeded out thoroughly, as I have noticed they have popped up really fast lately. I have seen a few invites go up on the trading block that well, are impossible, as the sites don't have invites at this time. A zero tolerance policy towards this conduct is what I would highly recommend.

I have never got an IP from a staff member for a member i wanted to know more about on here.
Mind you i have never asked lol

Stoi if ya need one, ill hook ya up bro. ;)

I know people who know people that know people who could do to some people what the other people know they want these people to have done upon them what the people know who know the people that want it done upon those people.

:lol:

KFlint
02-21-2008, 03:15 AM

We would never pass traders infos to trackers, that's a non sense. I mean, we allow trading, why we would we do such thing?

fatcat69
02-21-2008, 03:22 AM

as far as i know

Key words mate ;)
Its not what you know...its who you know

In this day and age you can get a hold of everything from anyone...it just has a price.

And the price is always right from the fat cat ;-)

http://www.johnfullerton.org/images/BB%20Pics/PC3.jpg

chiefosceola
02-21-2008, 03:42 AM
not this old argument again Fatcat. Just hope this time around the discussion is more civil or were you trying to find a way this thread got locked for good

Skiz
02-21-2008, 04:14 AM

This flat out bullshit and you know it.

Get real. Why on earth would we give out IPs and emails to trackers? If we did, don't you guys think it would be painfully obvious? If we were trying to disrupt bittorrent trading, why would we have the best atmosphere in which to do it in and such a successful Middleman section? Get a life.

We do sometimes break that rule, but only on the rarest of occasions. We do it when we have return members to the forum who continue to create new accounts and continue to scam and cheat members out of their accounts and invites. I'm not talking about the return member who has learned his/her lesson, but the members who have 8, 10, 15 accounts through proxies, etc. which take hours of research to track down. Those members, have on rare occasions, have had their emails and IP info reported to a few trackers which we have a good rapport with. This is all done to protect FSTers, not put them in harms way. Basically, we do go to extra lengths to ensure that extreme, routine scammers are known to the trackers in which they jeopardize. Blatant sellers are also sometimes reported to trackers.

Key words mate
Its not what you know...its who you know

In this day and age you can get a hold of everything from anyone...it just has a price.

No, no it doesn't.

grimms
02-21-2008, 04:21 AM
I'm not talking about the return member who has learned his/her lesson, but the members who have 8, 10, 15 accounts through proxies, etc. which take hours of research to track down. Those members, have on rare occasions, have had their emails and IP info reported to a few trackers which we have a good rapport with.

Shit! I can see why you get annoyed at times. Having to deal with members like that would frustrate me immensely. I feel as though if a site or forum doesn't want me around due to my antics, breaking the rules(Hopefully that doesn't happen), or whatever other reason, I won't go back (Damn especially if it's more then 3 times??). Definitely can see why you all would pass around ip addresses to different trackers which you established good rapport with, in that event.

pawned
02-21-2008, 01:12 PM

i realize that u are asking D but since i know couple, i don't want to miss my change to buffer my post :lol:

-Elektronik allows for sure...confirmed by their staff at FST
-TR has trading forum and i have seen TR invites been offered in their own forum
- not 100% sure but i think CO and KG don't mind invite trading?
- ncore maybe?

my point being how many of the above trackers are traded? i see one elektronik thread atm which is new, also only a handful trackers allow trading so why not restrict the useres from trading? are you guys not in charge

its clear you guys support trading so stop bullshitting

[quote=fatcat69;2680685]
We would never pass traders infos to trackers, that's a non sense. I mean, we allow trading, why we would we do such thing?

Quoted For Emphasis

Sylar666
02-21-2008, 01:34 PM
Ncore explicitly bans all kind of public activity, including trading accounts, invites.

From Rules (Ncore):

"Tilos a meghívó árusítása, cserélgetése valamint az ezekre tett bármiféle kísérlet (külső oldalakon is!)."
meaning:

Selling and trading of invites (even the attempts) are strictly prohibited. Breaching this rule results in an instant banning from the site!

Skiz
02-21-2008, 08:48 PM
I have seen them hand out Scammers ips and such...

Why do you continue to post false information??

1. We haven't reported any sellers in some time and you just joined last month.

2. It is done with discretion by PM, not in public threads.

Artemis
02-21-2008, 09:32 PM
Maybe it wasn't such a great idea re-opening this thread, it has turned into a half-assed conspiracy theory thread now.
'I have seen them hand out IP's' seriously dude what color are the trees on your planet ?
Why on earth would FST staff hand out IP addresses on traders ? It is the invite section here on FST which makes this forum so popular, it is the core reason for that popularity, it would be utterly insane to do anything to damage that.
There have been hardcore scammer/invite sellers like jeter where there has been a community effort by staff of multiple sites to eject the individual from the whole of the community but these are extreme cases, that asshole would have nicked the gold out of his grandma's fillings while she was sleeping.
This little conspiracy theory has been around for ages and pops up every couple of months to be fed by those who want to sound like they know something or just generally love a drama, its bull pure and simple.

SgtMajor
02-21-2008, 09:38 PM
'I have seen them hand out IP's' seriously dude what color are the trees on your planet ?

Another fatcat trap, and a few fell in head first.

See it for what it was, a bullshitting scare tactic.

Eeel
02-21-2008, 09:54 PM
@OP
anyway what difference does it make , people used to trade even when CR's were around by private messaging

now they just dont have to deal with the anti traders bullshit posts :happy:

Skiz
02-22-2008, 07:48 AM
Why do you continue to post false information??

1. We haven't reported any sellers in some time and you just joined last month.

2. It is done with discretion by PM, not in public threads.

In case your cranky about not catching any already dead possums on the highway today to eat 4 dinner.. I was confirming what you said before to be true.
In case you also didnt notice there have been snapshots of your "private pms" posted across various forums in the past by numerous CR.

Where exactly was this false information?
If your referring to my information as false...
then in fact your commenting about your own post saying that is false as well? Since my post basically was referring to your post being true... if mines not true that makes your not true as well.

I know mine was true... dunno what you think about your own post.

P.S. Nowhere in my post did it say anything about being recently. (Also Looks can be deceiving.)
You are correct about nobody being reported recently. I was referring to several months back.

Again, all I want is ONE link. Link me to ONE post that you've seen where that sort of information has been posted on "various forums". You can do it via PM.

You can't b/c you haven't seen it.

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

btw, this locked again. Deal with it.