PDA

View Full Version : Best P2P Music App?

DasFox
02-19-2008, 02:13 AM
I must admit it's been ages since I've used any P2P applications other then uTorrent.

In the past the last app I used for music was Limewire, but it seems like most people agree FrostWire is better.

For music who do you guys think puts out the best P2P app?

I used Soulseek when it first came out, but back then it wasn't happening as well since it was just starting, and the community then was small, but now it seems to be happening, possibly the best for music.

Also would there be any app that is great for music and movies as well?

saulin
02-19-2008, 04:24 AM
Limewire Pro?

Is the only P2P app I use for music and I've been using it for a while after trying so many others.

DasFox
02-19-2008, 06:02 AM
Limewire Pro?

Is the only P2P app I use for music and I've been using it for a while after trying so many others.

From what I've been told FrostWire is suppose to be just as good if not better.

mindtrick
02-19-2008, 06:19 AM
Emule

DasFox
02-19-2008, 06:32 AM
Emule

Definitely not emule, I've used emule for years, and it is not the best P2P app for music...

mindtrick
02-19-2008, 06:37 AM
Emule

Definitely not emule, I've used emule for years, and it is not the best P2P app for music...
Why? I thought Emule has a good archive for older and rare releases. But I've never used it for more than a few hours. I can't stand its speed.

DasFox
02-19-2008, 06:41 AM
Why? I thought Emule has a good archive for older and rare releases. But I've never used it for more than a few hours. I can't stand its speed.

Ahh well yes maybe it does have a good archive of oldies and rare releases, but as far as the Network goes and trying to get anything, well good luck with that, sit forever or wait forever or slow all the time...

I don't like it at all... :sick:

nsap
02-19-2008, 06:57 AM
Why ask for an opinion when you've already made up your mind? Just use Frostwire and stop wasting our time.

Skiz
02-19-2008, 07:01 AM
Soulseek is great. :)

DasFox
02-19-2008, 07:19 AM
Why ask for an opinion when you've already made up your mind? Just use Frostwire and stop wasting our time.

Sorry, this isn't about having my mind made up. I'm old school, I've been around since this all started, and I've used most of the old school names, that's why I said no on emule because I know for a fact it's not the best for music.

Now as far as using every application, no I haven't but I've used a lot, therefore my reply back.

SORRY for any confusion, I'm just looking for feedback on what I don't know...

Dr. damn iMesh remember those days? Back then iMesh was killer, just like emule when it had it's start. Many p2p appz are great in the beginning. I remember when Kazaa first started I could download movies off of it with blazing speed and there wasn't a virus to be found anywhere. Fasttrack did mean a day long ago the FAST Track... ;)

Yeah I will have to give it a go again.

Blubster that's a name I almost forgot. Their site certainly looks like they've taken a more corporate route like so many do, and then start dumping the adware/spyware crap in.

THANKS

nsap
02-19-2008, 07:34 AM
Sorry, this isn't about having my mind made up. I'm old school, I've been around since this all started, and I've used most of the old school names, that's why I said no on emule because I know for a fact it's not the best for music.

Now as far as using every application, no I haven't but I've used a lot, therefore my reply back.

SORRY for any confusion, I'm just looking for feedback on what I don't know...

Dr. damn iMesh remember those days? Back then iMesh was killer, just like emule when it had it's start. Many p2p appz are great in the beginning. I remember when Kazaa first started I could download movies off of it with blazing speed and there wasn't a virus to be found anywhere. Fasttrack did mean a day long ago the FAST Track... ;)

Yeah I will have to give it a go again.

Blubster that's a name I almost forgot, how is it doing?

THANKS

Blubster/Piolet/whatever the third name was for it is dead. Just use Frostwire. There's nothing new out there, there hasn't been a big push for development of these since torrents went big.

DasFox
02-20-2008, 02:02 AM
OK I know when this was all starting there were some P2P apps just for music, maybe that was Blubster, I can't remember, so I wasn't sure if much has changed over the years.

THANKS

nsap
02-21-2008, 04:09 AM
OK I know when this was all starting there were some P2P apps just for music, maybe that was Blubster, I can't remember, so I wasn't sure if much has changed over the years.

THANKS

audiogalaxy - dead
piolet - dead
winmx - dead (for the most part, anyway)
aimster - dead
kazaa/fasttrack - not dead, but might as well be
limewire/gnutella - not bad, but tons of fakes on the top 40 stuff
ares, soulseek, etc - not bad, but not much selection either

I think that covers just about everything.

typeoholic
02-21-2008, 04:26 AM
soulseek is the best app if you are going to use the nontorrent method. there are 2 different servers that soulseek uses, but there's not much that you cannot find on there.

DasFox
02-21-2008, 05:13 AM
soulseek is the best app if you are going to use the nontorrent method. there are 2 different servers that soulseek uses, but there's not much that you cannot find on there.

Say what?

Not much that cannot find what?

thebazzla
02-21-2008, 02:03 PM
i use soulseek and i am satisfied with it

Something Else
02-21-2008, 03:14 PM
Soulseek by a brazzilion miles.

DasFox
02-21-2008, 10:42 PM
I will definitely give Soulseek a go again...

saulin
02-23-2008, 10:31 AM
OK let's see which one is the best. Limewire/Frostwire don't have it. They come up with fake downloads. I'm looking for:

Salvatore Casandro - Que no me frena una razón

Oh yeah I remember back in the days. Audiogalaxy and Napster was all that was needed for music.

Sonnentier
02-23-2008, 10:55 PM
Blubster that's a name I almost forgot, how is it doing?
Actually, MP2P isn't dead - that's the network Blubster and Piolet use.

I can still fire it up and it would connect in some seconds, and I can also find new mainstream music there and download with decent speed. Anyway, development has completely stopped, and without configuring your router if you have one, it will not be able to connect. Also I found out that the program somehow contacts a server continously, I just blocked it out with PeerGurdian and it also stopped contacting after a few times failing, but I'm not sure what this should be for. The official Blubster is contaminated with malware, I even suspect it to have installed a rootkit on my one notebook where I installed it - if you want to try the network, you should use the clean Piolet Beta 1.8.3, or Clean Blubster by Dr.Damn.

Morpheus is another one of those that are doomed to decline with the time, as the company now needs to deliver it with filters and I don't know if there has been significant development. At the moment, an older Morpheus Ultra is working pretty good for single MP3 purposes, it uses some Kademlia-like NeoNetwork to find hosts. You can find plenty mainstream content, and also download with good speeds - also there isn't much spam, although for that unspammed experience you need to eliminate Gnutella1&2 support of the client. If you're interested in trying Morpheus, I can upload the package with unfiltered client plus a Loader to be able to launch the Ultra version.

And yeah, the development of Napster-style fileswapping utilities is sleeping since some time, like nsap already noted.
LimeWire is keeping it up, Shareaza also didn't completely stop, Ares has as well been updated a while ago.
eMule is still working very good, Soulseek is special like it always was. But most applications from the p2p hype are fading away.

Jfff
02-23-2008, 11:49 PM
Honestly, Limewire Pro is still working for me, speed is good and I can always find the song I'm looking for, so until I see a problem I don't see a reason to switch, even though it seems unanimous that Frostwire is the best.

Sonnentier
02-24-2008, 05:27 AM
even though it seems unanimous that Frostwire is the best
well, personally I like LimeWire Pro better :)

sushirumble
02-24-2008, 02:30 PM
I think soulseek is the best. It's a really nice little program and you can find a lot of stuff...

Jfff
02-25-2008, 07:29 PM
even though it seems unanimous that Frostwire is the best
well, personally I like LimeWire Pro better :)

Same :)

Haven't ever had a problem with speeds or finding anything, except for the rare time where all of the downloads give me 'looking for more sources'.

5+4=9
02-26-2008, 09:52 PM
Cabos

tsololot
03-19-2008, 09:55 AM
lol

Limewire Turbo is the best :)

InviteMe
03-19-2008, 12:22 PM
I used to use limewire until BT came my way ;)