PDA

View Full Version : bitmetv question

eslip
02-19-2008, 05:29 PM
I need help with bitmetv. How do I buffer my account there? I find it very difficult to seed on this site. I want to buffer my account so I can actually download the things I want, not just popular stuff.

P.S- I have read the faq and rules

fisherman
02-19-2008, 05:32 PM
The best way to buffer would be to partial seed a few newly released torrents until u build a little buffer then start downloading full files that u want and just keep seeding them.

But partial seeding brand new torrents is the only way to get a start imo.

Good luck

Tokeman
02-19-2008, 05:39 PM
best way is to dl new episodes as they come out from a different site, like TL or RevTT, then extract the avi, dl the torrent from bitmetv, point it to that file, and seed it.

slimdogp
02-19-2008, 06:34 PM
The best way is to get about 50GB of stuff seeding, popular, unpopular etc.

Then knock yourself in the head and fall into a coma for 1 year. When you wakeup, poof!

Buffered Bitmetv

BOOM
02-19-2008, 06:34 PM
just donate.

02-19-2008, 06:51 PM
Grab some decent documentaries like Discovery channel or Panorama from other places and upload them, that's what I did, had my account buffered in no time!

:-)

VIZFX
02-19-2008, 06:52 PM
A Lot of people have difficulty staying alive at bitmeTV. Not just you. Have you considered a seedbox?

punki_rach
02-19-2008, 06:56 PM
if you're gonna pay money for a seedbox you might as well just donate to get some upload credit. Faster, easier and possibly cheaper

Tokeman
02-19-2008, 07:29 PM
i survived just fine with a 40 kb/s upload doing what I said above, dling from other sites where it was easier to seed, extracting the avi, and seeding that file to bitmetv. Works great on new shows, I always uploaded at least the size of the file doing this, most of the time it would be more uploaded though.

Pzero
02-19-2008, 07:51 PM
I only feel the 20 max (before power user) torrent thing is what really makes it difficult. I do what most people have suggested (as in grab stuff from other sites to get some free mb up), I also just download the popular stuff at 0 hours (and hope the peers are only at about 30% completion when I jump in).

Is it possible to only dl a partial .avi? like only 50% of all the pieces, since BitMeTV files usually come as 1 avi (for single episodes).

Tokeman
02-19-2008, 07:56 PM
I only feel the 20 max (before power user) torrent thing is what really makes it difficult. I do what most people have suggested (as in grab stuff from other sites to get some free mb up), I also just download the popular stuff at 0 hours (and hope the peers are only at about 30% completion when I jump in).

Is it possible to only dl a partial .avi? like only 50% of all the pieces, since BitMeTV files usually come as 1 avi (for single episodes).

AFAIK with single avi's, no, its all or nothing. I never had an issue with the 20 limit to be honest...

grimms
02-19-2008, 07:57 PM
Bitmetv is a tough site to seed in. Best option is to purchase a seed box, doing alot of partial seeding on new torrents, download from other sites like TL and seed back the same exact file (Tv show) on bitmetv, and final option, donate for upload credit.

sleepyy
02-19-2008, 07:58 PM
You can partial seed with single avi's download around 10 percent then click on the files tab click on the avi right click that is and select dont download and it will seed what you have already downloaded thats with utorrent download a little more by starting the file and select dont download again depending if you want the fill or not if not just remove it.

Neo
02-19-2008, 08:23 PM
If you have say... SCC ( which has some of the fastest pre times if not the fastest ) just download from SCC, unzip the file ( SCC only makes scene releases ), and strat seeding that file to BitmeTV when it is released there. BitmeTV and other places have a TV guide so that you know more or less when the most popular TV shows are going to get released. Be alert!!

That, of course, raises a new problem... cause seeding in SCC is also not easy.

In the end, IMHO, if you want to have top trackers the only way you are going to have confortable ratios there is by having at least a very good connection, preferably a seedbox and/or be ready to seed every file for days and days on end. It will eventually get your ratio back to 1:1.

02-19-2008, 08:40 PM
That, of course, raises a new problem... cause seeding in SCC is also not easy.

better still, install bit-che and search the public sites for the files

BTJunkie is well on the ball with releases, the speeds are good and you dont need to worry about the ratio!

;)

munkyboy04
02-19-2008, 08:43 PM
I use the RSS and set it up so that it downloads all my favorite shows automatically with utorrent. by the time I get home from work the torrents are uploaded at least 150% (usually more) ive not long been a member there and already Ive got a nice buffer. Check the BMTV forums out it explains there how to set it all up.

but you dont need a seed box just download the files quickley

eslip
02-19-2008, 10:18 PM
I use the RSS and set it up so that it downloads all my favorite shows automatically with utorrent. by the time I get home from work the torrents are uploaded at least 150% (usually more) ive not long been a member there and already Ive got a nice buffer. Check the BMTV forums out it explains there how to set it all up.

A seedbox is not a good option for me.
This sounds like a good idea, I want to use bitmetv as my only tv source because it specializes in tv series, I do not want to use other sites for tv shows. How risky is it downloading the entire shows using rss? Do you always maintain a ratio over 1.5 from it?

munkyboy04
02-19-2008, 10:54 PM
Ive not had a problem yet. all the shows that ive downloaded all have a ratio over 1 none are below thats after a few hours. Most are over 2.

I suppose it depends what your upload speed is though, mine gets to about 85kB but if you had less it still would work, just take a bit longer.

RSS downloads have sorted out my ratio because before i was struggling. Its a bit of a pain in the arse setting up. But there are some really good istructions in the BMTV forums and that sorted it with a bit of trial and error

Tokeman
02-19-2008, 11:03 PM

A seedbox is not a good option for me.
This sounds like a good idea, I want to use bitmetv as my only tv source because it specializes in tv series, I do not want to use other sites for tv shows. How risky is it downloading the entire shows using rss? Do you always maintain a ratio over 1.5 from it?

It will also depend on what shows you want, and what time/dates they air. For instince: if you want show A, B, and C, and they all air different days of the week, you would probably be fine. But if they all air on the same day of the week, you may run into trouble trying to get a 1/1 ratio on all 3 at once. Just use your best judgement before setting up RSS, and think about things like this first.

Pzero
02-19-2008, 11:06 PM
Can you link me to the a guide in bitmetv about RSS, or how you can set it to automatically download something? All I know basically is to paste the RSS Direct Download link into my utorrent RSS feed and it updates every 15 mins etc...But I have no idea how to/or if I can choose certain torrents to be downloaded automatically.

The guides I searched up in the forums seem to be locked as they were regarding what link to paste in the feed (seems when RSS was being reimplemented back then).

Adama
02-19-2008, 11:07 PM
i made a big mistake when i first got into bitmetv
i searched for the torrents that has the biggest leechers
so i download about 5 GB (lost) and 3 GB (prison break )
and i found my self after three days of seeding with 8 GB download and 20 MB upload

then i star to download only 20 MB from new torrents
and keep them seeding
and it helps a lot fix my ratio

eslip
02-19-2008, 11:23 PM
For Pzero- In the forums there is a tutorial that showed me exactly how to do this. It is a little confusing though.

AmpeD
02-19-2008, 11:25 PM
I bought a seedbox for a month, buffered 100gb, and now just hit n run most except new torrents

Sanka113
02-19-2008, 11:31 PM
The best thing to do is buffer up a revtt or scc account, get online around 8:00pm est throughout the week, download lost, american idol, jericho, etc. from revtt or scc ( i'd recommend revtt since it's easier to build buffer there) then after your finish dl from those trackers seed the avi files on bitmetv. If you do this every night i've calculated you'd be able to do close to 5 gigs a week on a 512kbit Cable line.... Or just buy a seedbox for a month and buffer your account a good TB or two lol.

02-20-2008, 12:13 AM
and i found my self after three days of seeding with 8 GB download and 20 MB upload

Yeah, common mistake, that's cos people often just grab one episode frm the pack and it looks like loads of leechers on a big file

I made that mistake myself! doh!

:cry:

Neo
02-20-2008, 05:04 AM

Yeah, common mistake, that's cos people often just grab one episode frm the pack and it looks like loads of leechers on a big file

I made that mistake myself! doh!

:cry:

I learned that the hard way with the famous Roseta Stone torrent back in the days of Oink... When I stopped the torrent I was already in a hole that took me 1 month to get out from...

About RSS feeds... I really have to learn how to configure that cause i don't want to download everything...

Adman65
02-20-2008, 07:22 AM
seedbox + rss + popular shows = instant buffer

djkamikaze
02-25-2008, 04:54 AM
bitmetv forums ahve tutorials on partially seeding. download about 10-20mb of the avi, then set the file to "do not DL" and leave seeding. bam in few days, you're buffered

Tranquill
02-25-2008, 11:43 AM
Simply download the shows on other trackers extract the AVI and seed it at bitmetv. Do this with new shows and you will get alot of GB, works great for me!