PDA

View Full Version : Bitme Invites

mamacita
02-20-2008, 01:01 AM
Due to some recent occurrences, I have changed my methods of giving out Bitme invites.

I no longer want any ratio proofs or speed tests.

Rather, I'm going to steel another trusted FST member's idea and ask that you post a lengthy paragraph about why you want Bitme.

I'm looking for some valid reasons. It has become too common to simply post "I need it cuz I'm studying graphix design." or ... "I need it for ebooks" or ..."I'm a student and I need it for my studies."

Give me some specific things you are looking for. While Bitme is a great source it is not a "catch all" site. I'll research and see if what you are looking for is available.

Please keep things sincere. I will research your post history for several things.

a) to see if you are a trader. I do not give invites to traders.
b)to see if you are a collector. Bitme is one of those specialized trackers. I do not want an invite to go to waste on someone who only wants Bitme because it is a well known name or because it is x lvl.
c)please please please refrain from asking for an invite if you have previously had an account on Bitme.

Edit: I wont be choosing "winners." I will contact people in my own time.

This is an ongoing, perpetual thread.

lukee
02-20-2008, 01:09 AM
hi, i have been a member here for a few months and have grew to love this site. i would like a bitme invite from you for a few simple reasons. first off, i like to learn, believe it or not, im one of the few teenagers who actually like to pwn people with knowledge. i know bitme has vast amounts of interesting content thats going to keep me reading. i will seed at this site alot because everybody has the right to learn new things ;) thanks.

02-20-2008, 01:10 AM
Nice criteria for the invite! More people should adopt this method of giveaway.

Ratio proofs and speed tests dont really mean much at the end of the day

hope you invite makes it to the right person!

:)

pureheart
02-20-2008, 01:11 AM
I was having acc there but the real one who gave it to me asked me not to change the pass so as not te be banned, so I complied with his wish, but a fter a period of time and to my surprise, I was shocked when he changed the pass.
As for the usage, I use it for grabbing language as well as audio books stuff, BTW I can name some of my posts there which I still seeding.

cocalait
02-20-2008, 01:21 AM
nice giveaway

can i have it

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/3695/19344097gp6.png
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/8175/14345771br2.png
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/2821/43112808tb2.png

dude read the post.(rules)

(sorry for spammy post)

mamacita
02-20-2008, 01:22 AM
Pureheart, any sort of giving or trading of accounts makes me very wary. Sorry : /

summertime25
02-20-2008, 01:26 AM
very nice giveaway :)

pureheart
02-20-2008, 01:30 AM
Pureheart, any sort of giving or trading of accounts makes me very wary. Sorry : /
Well, I've nothing to do with that.
He gave me this acc and bcoz of my trust I lost it.
I can pledge not to share and maintain the invite, good ratio

WildMan23
02-20-2008, 01:31 AM
hi,
i'll realy appreciate to become a member of bitme community, i want it for my personal culture, so i hope you invite me, and i affirm that i never had an invite before.

Thank you

shapeless
02-20-2008, 01:39 AM
firstly, nice giveaway and method. It seems to work better because it seemed like most of the people with fast connections were getting all the invites. But anyways, I have been looking forward to getting a Bitme account because of various reasons. I am still a full-time student and recently, I wrote a forty page paper on The Jungle by Upton Sinclair for a English class and to stress the the unsanitary conditions of the meat packing industry, I needed a copy of Slaughterhouse: The Task Of Blood, an independent documentary done by Brian Hill. I found it on public trackers, but there were only 2-3 seeds and the speeds were around 10-20kbps. I didn't get the documentary in time and just resorted to my pictures and paper (not saying that that was a bad thing :P). Well to cut to the chase, being a student, I write many papers often and often bring many visual aids to strengthen my argument and with Bitme, I'm sure my resources will expand, which will ultimately lead to success. By giving me a bitme invite, you are not only helping out me, but the community for although my speeds are not state-of-the-art, I often seed three or four more times than I download. I hope I meet your expectations and am able to complement my education with a great educational resource. :)

tusks
02-20-2008, 02:01 AM
This is an excellent giveaway. I would ask for one but at the moment, I think that there are people who need it more than me. Congratulations to the winner(s) of the giveaway.

mamacita
02-20-2008, 02:10 AM
Now that's what I'm talking about...sort of. Read my PM though, shapeless.

mamacita
02-20-2008, 05:59 PM
Anyone else while I have the time today? (No work!)

pureheart
02-20-2008, 06:02 PM
This means all of the above aren't qualified!!

hussam
02-20-2008, 06:04 PM
HI , I would like to get it im doing masters and i need it to get some rare materials .

mamacita
02-20-2008, 06:06 PM
This means all of the above aren't qualified!!

Not true, not true.

I said in my first post that I would not announce any winners.

This is for my own security, as well as for the people I invite. I have more than one invite, you know.

Likewise I'm not going to give ALL my invites out as soon as the first qualified person asks. I need to give everyone some time to apply.

pureheart
02-20-2008, 06:11 PM
Kind act of you to give all the chance to apply, but still hope remained, yeah!!?

mamacita
02-20-2008, 06:28 PM
Read my PM

John1988
02-20-2008, 06:30 PM
really nice rules for making giveaway :)
btw i'm studying IT and at the moment have AUTOCAD lessons if bitme has any tutorials on it i will be very happy if you invite me :)

regards
John

mickeymao
02-20-2008, 06:48 PM
Hi,
I'm a student, and to help fund my studies I work part-time (and full-time, while on vacation) at an industrial laundry company. I iron. For hours on end. Sometimes 80 hours a week in the summer. It is the most mind-numbing work you can possibly imagine.
The only thing that keeps me sane is access to audiobooks -- fiction, non-fiction, anything from Stephen Hawking to Daniel Koontz, just so long as it gives me some intellectual stimulation beyond making sure the tablecloth corners come out to perfect 90-degree angles. Having worked through our library's audiobook collection two years ago, I was getting my fix from Oink before it shut down. I just listened to the last backup audiobook I had last month, and already I feel dementia setting in. I am told that bitme has a good collection of non-fiction audiobooks, and I need them desperately.
Help me. Please.

mamacita
02-20-2008, 07:10 PM
Now that's a heart felt plea if I've ever seen one!

chester90210
02-20-2008, 11:33 PM
I'm also looking for an invite to bitme for a great collection of both fiction and nonfiction audio/e-books. I spend a good deal of time on the bus going to and from class each day and tend to listen to a lot of audio books throughout the week. I use to get most of my audiobooks from demonoid but since their close I have had to use the public library which is very limited in selection and usually means I have to carry around an old walkman which is rather bulky compared to the dozens of audiobooks I could easily carry around on my mp3 player. Hoping that bitme is as great of a source for audibooks I've heard it is as I am readily getting tired of waiting on the numerous holds I have placed at the library:frusty:

teicoplanin
02-21-2008, 12:54 AM
Hi,
i'm only looking for books/pdfs/etc on medical stuff
I have accounts to docs.torrents, TBKResources, Textbook Torrents, LearnBits but they don't have much medical stuff...although they have categories for medicine, only a few, old things with no seeders...sad..
I heard bitme is the best e-learning tracker, but I haven't had a chance to check out so I dont' know if they do have great collection of medical stuff also..
If they do, please consider sending me an invite.. only for personal use.
thanks mate

alfry1010
02-21-2008, 10:27 AM
allright, so i'm a french engineer in computer and to improve my knowledge in some language and some new tech i heard that bitme was the most efficient elearning tracker.
I have a degree in network, signal and optic so anything relative would interested me.
By side i play badminton and of course i'm in charge of the site ( www.membres.lycos.fr/ascnb/ (http://www.membres.lycos.fr/ascnb/)) so to improve my knowledge on HTML and other bitme would be great.

other reason would be the common use of some appli like photoshop or software to editing video (i use studio 11 because i never pass the gap to premiere which seems so difficult without any guide)

Other reason would be for the industrial software like solidwork because i'm friend with to PHD in mechanical who love to have some tip on solidwork.

Final reason would have been some cooking ebook so my girl could cook me some nice cake...hmmmm

I think that all !! :whistling yes :yup:

Torrent Demon
02-21-2008, 12:41 PM
if you want specific things here are mine :

1 - i am looking for the Electronic Circuit of the DC power supply 7805 ... i will build one and i have to hand it over after the next week .. after that i will need the robot circuit ( i don't know exactly what is it because they didn't tell us yet ) ... also i am going to build charger like nokia charger .... and i really need some help in that things .

2 - i am studying C language and still beginner in it ... so any references will be very helpful to me .

there are a lot of things i need from bitme , i hope i can find what i need there .

Edit : forgot to say i need it also for knowing Digital things like Decimal system and Hexa. System and Octal System and Converting Between them without using the Calculator ... this will help me in building Digital Clock .

mamacita
02-22-2008, 12:07 AM
Alright! Think I did enough damage for now.

I'll reopen this when my stock pile grows back.

mamacita
02-22-2008, 11:55 PM
Quicker than I thought, I've got some more!

zallofa
02-23-2008, 12:01 AM
i like ur roles very much especially for bitme , yes its not supposed to trade

pureheart
02-23-2008, 12:31 AM
Rofl buddy, you're driving me crazy man, a week now and you still damaging our nerves.
Come out with it and name the winner, so as to let it rip, lol.

panoli
02-23-2008, 01:50 AM
can i pls hav one? i need it becoz im learning MCSE and learnkey.

mamacita
02-23-2008, 02:43 AM
Rofl buddy, you're driving me crazy man, a week now and you still damaging our nerves.
Come out with it and name the winner, so as to let it rip, lol.

Err?

I've already given out a number of invites. I simply don't declare them here so as to save some face.

Sorry, but I didn't chose you because of the risk. No offense intended.

pureheart
02-23-2008, 02:58 AM
Thank you anyway, this is not my day, better leave and go stray, but rmbr I'll be back someday!!
Caused me some disappointment, but never mind.

mamacita
02-23-2008, 03:03 AM
Sorry man. It was just some unfortunate circumstances. If the Bitme staff weren't so strict, I'd have given you an invite.

madbeer
02-23-2008, 03:44 AM
Im a student and I am trying to learn to program (better). I cannot afford the pricey books that my classes assign, and my library does not have most of the books I need for class (and the books I need out of class). I just made a thread asking for an invite to a tracker that has the Stevens books: "TCP/IP illustrated" "Advanced Unix Programming". I also need books like "C Primer Plus" and other hard to find books. Most trackers have the Orielly stuff, but tend to focus on C++, C# and other things. My interests are strictly C (and network stuff, and security). I think bitme has the best selection of books, and so far I haven't found a tracker that has all the books I need for class. So please, help me get access to the books i need!

Thanks,
bEER