PDA

View Full Version : Aol Is Aprt Of The Riaa

ploink
08-01-2003, 09:42 PM
Glad I NEVER fell for their propaganda. I always didnt like AOL, and now i like them even less.
AOL has always sucked...... <_< <_< <_<

dave computer
08-01-2003, 10:00 PM
Aol is the worst Isp there is in my opinion.

harrycary
08-01-2003, 10:18 PM
Duh&#33;

AOL/Time Warner website:

AOL Time Warner is the world&#39;s leading media and entertainment company, whose businesses include interactive services, cable systems, filmed entertainment, television networks, music and publishing.

Very old news.

Gre1
08-01-2003, 11:06 PM
Aol does suck they need to stop bringing out different versions of it almost everyday. U watch tv one day they have aol 7.0 two days later u got 8.0 and all that shit is gay. Just my thoughts.

IamCool
08-02-2003, 12:47 AM
yeah AOL does lick shit. its slow and you will get kicked off online all the time. but since all of my friends have it, i want to keep it.

mogadishu
08-02-2003, 01:14 AM
It sucks, the only good thing about it is that mad ppl are on it, but if you get AIM, thats not a problem anymore.

theprisoner
08-02-2003, 02:22 AM
AOL=slow, stupid, getting newbs to join because of stuff you can get for free and a nazi aganist p2p. I think AOL is the source of evil in the world today.

Arm
08-02-2003, 02:27 AM
An estimated 25% of the internet users base are complete morons. Is that about how many people have AOL or equivlent?

Renegade720
08-02-2003, 02:58 AM
aol sucks....*ends thread*

stonecold1203
08-02-2003, 03:04 AM
Have you guys actually tried AOL? <_<

harrycary
08-02-2003, 04:25 AM
Have you guys actually tried AOL?

Yes I have. I&#39;ve also used AOL&#39;s sister ISP, Compuserve.

Both of which add useless crap and slowed down my surfing experience. This includes an over abundance of ads and the inability to properly handle spam.

Software like that provided by the above companies is strictly for the masses. I mean people who aren&#39;t very computer savvy need their hand held just to surf the internet. And yes, I mean everyone.

I&#39;ve spoken with enough of my customers to know that the average person doesn&#39;t understand how to get online[without AOL] or how email actually works.

Learn to use a proper email client(e.g. Outlook, Lotus, etc). Learn to set up your PC to access the internet without add&#39;l software. Get in the game.

BTW, you don&#39;t need their software to chat. You can always install just
their chat client if you&#39;re that desperate.

DasScoot
08-02-2003, 04:43 AM
Originally posted by stonecold1203@2 August 2003 - 03:04
Have you guys actually tried AOL? <_<
My parents use AOL, which means I get stuck with it whenever I go home. I have no idea why my parents haven&#39;t dumped it yet, even they don&#39;t like it.

AOL sucks the dog&#39;s danglies.

SiRius128
08-02-2003, 11:03 AM
yeh DasScoot i have the same problem

GrimRipper
08-02-2003, 04:25 PM
:D Would you look at this the first time every one agrees AOHell SUCKS :blink:

stonecold1203
08-02-2003, 05:26 PM
Aol has really changed.

I&#39;ve used it for 4 years. No problem.

The new versions aren&#39;t that bad. They took out all the ad&#39;s and put some nice features in.

I don&#39;t use it now. The people that say "omg aol sux soio much, i am 2 kool to uswe aohell. omg"

Did you try the new versions? Or do you speak of version 3.0?

basics
08-02-2003, 05:48 PM
id just like to know why u all think aol sucks? is it because they were bought by warner bros a few years back.......this doesnt mean shit apart from more money being invested into the company&#33;&#33;&#33; and yes im sure ur all aware that google has also been bought by them......so are u all gonna start sayin googles shit ....i aint using google no more

please leave any constructive criticsms and justifiable arguments..........dont just put aol sucks, that means mothing to anyone&#33; if u dont like them please inform us why you dont, so people can read this and make informed decisions and possibly change their isp&#33;&#33;

stonecold1203
08-02-2003, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by basics@2 August 2003 - 17:48
id just like to know why u all think aol sucks? is it because they were bought by warner bros a few years back.......this doesnt mean shit apart from more money being invested into the company&#33;&#33;&#33; and yes im sure ur all aware that google has also been bought by them......so are u all gonna start sayin googles shit ....i aint using google no more

please leave any constructive criticsms and justifiable arguments..........dont just put aol sucks, that means mothing to anyone&#33; if u dont like them please inform us why you dont, so people can read this and make informed decisions and possibly change their isp&#33;&#33;
I agree 100%

What bothers me is that 80% of them don&#39;t have personal experience. Heard from some 80 year old guy who used aol 4.0 that aol sucks. So they go out and say

"OMG u use aol u r suc a losa, omg aol sux"

:angry:

harrycary
08-02-2003, 06:55 PM
I refer you to my original post.

AOL software adds things that, to me anyways, aren&#39;t necessary.

I use WinXP and as it is already bloated, I don&#39;t want to add another email client, or another fancy, IE based, browser.

Other ISPs don&#39;t require you to add software. You just utilize existing programs that Windows provides for you.

I guess I like my machine to run as efficiently(read: fast) and lean as possible and this redundancy is just inane.

This and the fact that AOL is marketing to users on a level that astounds me. I believe in free thinking and AOL makes it all to easy to just shut off your mind and click their links.

Strictly for amateurs and lemmings.

Flame away kiddies...

basics
08-02-2003, 07:15 PM
"click the links" isnt that all the net is anyway?

oh sorry u type as well, but whats the point in having to type in all ur favourite links?

personally i use the internet for other things but sometimes(when bored) its useful to have a bunch of things that u wouldnt generally look for available as links to hand&#33;

i take it what u actually mean harry is that aol is not for you. but what substance u have added to the discussion doesnt actually sustain that aol sucks&#33;&#33;

please feel free to add more comments to justify ur argument ....

DasScoot
08-02-2003, 07:20 PM
Issue #1: The Layout - I don&#39;t like how AOL is set up, with all the windows inside one big window. If I&#39;m using more than one thing at once, it&#39;s impossible to switch easily between them. Same with the IM windows. The window that opens when you start it with the news and ads and stuff is impossible to remove. You&#39;re stuck with the top few inches of the screen being dedicated to buttons that you mostly never use. You could minimize AOL and use IE to surf, but if you do that why use AOL?

Issue #2: Email - It doesn&#39;t sort out the junk, and doesn&#39;t let you block people from sending you stuff that I&#39;ve noticed - sucky.

Issue #3: Stability - As far as connection goes, it hasn&#39;t been too bad the last few times I&#39;ve visited, but during my high school years we were getting disconnected CONSTANTLY - and we live 20 minutes from their HQ&#33; Also, maybe it&#39;s just my parent&#39;s computer, but it&#39;s also a sucky program. Takes a while to boot up and to shut it down, and freezes often.

If you have to use dial-up, I recommend MSN.

basics
08-02-2003, 09:24 PM
*1- You can modify the look of ur browser ie remove the icons completely and replace redundant links with ur own links on those buttons&#33;
you can also maximise any screen inside aol browser just like in ie i do believe u lose quite a bit from the top of ie as well dont you?

*2- as for the email thing the latest version of aol does have the option to block unwanted mail from addresses etc
also has a built in pop up blocker as well so no need to install any other software

*3- i do have aol and i have my 56k connection up for about 16 hours a day and i very rarely get disconnected unless im maxing out my cpu

anything else to substantiate that aol sucks will be perused if u would like to submit any valid comments.......

harrycary
08-02-2003, 09:41 PM
"click the links" isn&#39;t that all the net is anyway?

I stated click their links basics.

Do you even know how the internet works? I mean, you&#39;re just helping a large multinational corporation make more money by clicking their links.

Sorry basics, but you&#39;re just another lemming like all the other AOL users.
Suckers to the game, the whole lot of you.

Flame me all you want but I have stated my case most reasonably and you&#39;ve obviously failed to even understand the salient points I&#39;ve made.

/leaves this thread with no intent of returning

BTW, Dascoot, so very true.