View Full Version : Green Tax

peat moss
02-20-2008, 03:32 AM
I'm smiling reading the newest tax budget full of " Green Initiatives " whats a simple family supposed to think ? Other than how can I pay for my children's sports and god help their education ?

http://canadianpress.google.com/article/ALeqM5jgHEtIZZYeVxdEQy1WWvRHUabAww

Then I read this : http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080219.wbcbudget-business0219/BNStory/Front

I think what really pisses me of is the 100 bucks per person these clowns promise for every dumb fuck living in B.C.

I know I should n't get angry but I'v followed recycling practices for years before these morons were in power .

lynx
02-27-2008, 07:59 AM
The real sad part about these initiatives is that they convey the message that it is ok to pollute as long as you pay the tax on your pollution.

If pollution is bad, then no amount of taxation makes it good; if it is ok to pollute, then we don't need to pay a tax on it.

If we look behind the façade of these so called initiatives we find they are all just money making schemes intended to hoodwink the gullible into believing they've got good government. In actual fact they have no basis in environmental protection.

bigboab
02-27-2008, 08:15 AM
They are talking of imposing a fine on anyone who puts waste in the 'wrong' bin. If this is going to be the case then they will have to go back to collecting bins from your back door. What is to stop someone putting stuff in your bin as it sits at the kerbside?

As I understand the law as soon as you place your bin at the kerbside it becomes the responsibility of your local Council. If someoen removes an item from a kerbside bin without permission they could be charged with theft from the Council.

j2k4
02-27-2008, 09:32 PM
The real sad part about these initiatives is that they convey the message that it is ok to pollute as long as you pay the tax on your pollution.

If pollution is bad, then no amount of taxation makes it good; if it is ok to pollute, then we don't need to pay a tax on it.

If we look behind the façade of these so called initiatives we find they are all just money making schemes intended to hoodwink the gullible into believing they've got good government. In actual fact they have no basis in environmental protection.

The same sound reasoning can easily be applied to the "carbon-credit" nonsense. :whistling