PDA

View Full Version : torrent trackers locking down invite systems

fatcat69
02-20-2008, 04:34 PM
So everyone has been a little annoyed or upset or happy with FST's new decision, however I just wanted to throw my opinion out there...and inform the public about a few changes that they will be seeing in the next week or so at a few major sites.

All email addresses will be locked in at major sites that dont have this already.

Invites are being pulled from 3 sites by the end of the week that I know of.

Not to say this is solely attributed to FST's little change of heart, but more that it was on the back burner but recent changes have...speed up plans.

So with that in mind, I will be saying farewell to FST for the most part...as this will turn into people just screaming for invites and scammers slamming the forum, such as the scammer offering an iTS invite, or the one offering a level 9 invite. There are none, no level 9 has invites and iTS just pulled all invites this weekend. So this essentially is going down hill real fast. Poor old FST, you had a good run and treated me well...but I think our relationship is ending real fast.

I enjoyed helping people here, spamming people with jokes and making other users laugh...but this forum has changed and well, I think I should leave before it falls on its face too hard.

I will wonder on every once and a while to find a few people to give accounts to at various upper level trackers that dont have invites, but dont look for my presence to be equal to what it has been up to this point.

however as a friend who is sysop at a lvl9 said to me today. "Right on, another zeropaid"

Thats the reason I left that forum...and now this is the reason I am leaving this one.

So farewell.

If you are going to trade, well just use the middleman, dont be an idiot and trust people offering something too good to be true. Such as a Lvl 9 invite or account...or invites for trackers that have no invites.

If you arent going to trade, well, good luck surviving the scammers.

Vieri3
02-20-2008, 04:37 PM
what the fucking problem with trading

whats the difference between giveaway to someone that you dont know and trade with someone that you dont know.

in both cases the person can be chaeter... so whats so bad in trading?

jukesta
02-20-2008, 04:45 PM
maybe oneday all torrent sites gona be lvl 1000000 because there going to be no invites to get in... ?

fOrUmAs
02-20-2008, 04:47 PM
Thats the reason I left that forum...and now this is the reason I am leaving this one.

So farewell.

farewell

peace

fazzy07
02-20-2008, 04:50 PM
I thought you were a sysop or CR of some level 9 tracker reading your speech

Damn, you guys think too highly of yourselves

Anyways, one can always be a silent reader instead of high profile spammer because FST has all the bittorrent news you will get

Tokeman
02-20-2008, 04:56 PM
Hey, things change, but guess what? They may not be done changing. Just because the whole CR thing is gone, doesn't mean that something else won't come into place in the future. I'm sure fst is still working on different ways to accomplish what they were trying to do with CR's. Yea, things have gone downhill since the change, but just give it some time before you give up on fst entirely. No one knows what the future holds, we can only wait and see. As for the trackers response, good move IMO. Keeping tighter communities is never a bad idea IMO, unless you just close forever.

kaffeine
02-20-2008, 05:00 PM
Not everything is lost. We have great staff here doing a very good job.. and I'm sure some new arrangement will come with CRs (I hope lol)

Scammers were here before. The change isn't the cause of it. It's a shame, but you have some bad users everywhere. And I don't think this change will cause BT's apocalypse lol.

But if you think leaving is the right thing for you, then so be it.
Good luck.
:wave:

SenorBubbz
02-20-2008, 05:05 PM
Hey, things change, but guess what? They may not be done changing. Just because the whole CR thing is gone, doesn't mean that something else won't come into place in the future. I'm sure fst is still working on different ways to accomplish what they were trying to do with CR's. Yea, things have gone downhill since the change, but just give it some time before you give up on fst entirely. No one knows what the future holds, we can only wait and see. As for the trackers response, good move IMO. Keeping tighter communities is never a bad idea IMO, unless you just close forever.

Closing forever is one of the worst things a tracker can do. As many people have mentioned before, every tracker needs "new blood" or "fresh meat" to keep the tracker going. The old members will eventually leave or forget about their account completely. Look at UK-T. They only have "super elite" members but their content sucks ass and they are barely active, according to the review of course. Since I'm not a member there I'm in no position to criticize them.

All I'm saying is that trackers should REALLY think about what they are doing before they close invites for a long period of time.

Not everything is lost. We have great staff here doing a very good job.. and I'm sure some new arrangement will come with CRs (I hope lol)

Scammers were here before. The change isn't the cause of it. It's a shame, but you have some bad users everywhere. And I don't think this change will cause BT's apocalypse lol.

But if you think leaving is the right thing for you, then so be it.
Good luck.
:wave:

Scammers are stupid, look at most scam threads. They tell you they will be giving you something "awesome" which they probably will never get their hands on.

TP635
02-20-2008, 05:13 PM
I was thinking of making this forum my second home, but with the recent change, I have to rethink about that. In a short time I was here I have learn a lot; I was hoping to give back what I had learn to helping newer members.
I love this forum to much to just leave but I will spend far less time here.

wheeloftime
02-20-2008, 05:17 PM
Sorry to see you go fatcat, you have contributed a lot to this forum in your time here and your posts always made me laugh (at least the ones that were meant to).
Hope things don't become as bad as you predict, but I have a feeling you may be right.

stoi
02-20-2008, 05:18 PM
remember the CR was just basically 5 pretty stars, ok they had to allow invite trading, but most CR didnt have invites on their trackers anyway, or if they did, very very few invites were giving away.

So those staff members that were not CR, still hunted you down anyway.

TBH the CR tag didnt mean that much, ok its more of a free for all now, and members are not scared to ask,trade,giveway now. but the same result still stands at the end of the day, if you get caught you get banned, its pretty simple.

sokrates
02-20-2008, 05:25 PM
which trackers are you talking about fatcat?
and who gave you that information?
when i was reading the title of this thread i thought of something big :P
there are so many trackers out there.. and there will be enough with an open invite sys left..

fazzy07
02-20-2008, 05:32 PM
which trackers are you talking about fatcat?
and who gave you that information?
when i was reading the title of this thread i thought of something big :P
there are so many trackers out there.. and there will be enough with an open invite sys left..

He is probably talking about ftn and fsc which I think is lvl 9

But they already dont allow invites for their own reasons which has nothing to do with fst

Trackers have bigger problems to deal with then just trading like maintaining the server, limited members. Worse is invite sellers which is the main reason why some of them closed their invites

The Wanderer
02-20-2008, 05:46 PM
Your post sounds so definitive and so... apocalyptic. :lol: Allow me to tell you that I don't think it's the end of the world. It's just another phase in BT world.

As for the relationshiop between people and trackers, it is a symbiotic one, one can't live without the other. If trackers won't allow "fresh blood", it will be their loss. There will be always new trackers to take their places: better trackers, faster trackers, more wanted trackers.
It's called evolution. ;)

As for you leaving... people come, people go, it's just the way things work. ;) I wish you all the very best and good luck. :)

xJohnxSmithx
02-20-2008, 05:48 PM
Well fatcat its sad to see you say these things about fst but I understand. I have recently found myself enjoying the smaller forums. There is more community and friendship being built at them. I hope fst reclaims its former glory as it is still the no 1 used bt forum, and has been good to me in the past. I love all the good people here and appreciate all that you guys have done for me.
cheers

kingrob
02-20-2008, 06:07 PM
FST owner is taking this futher he is now starting to block BT staff from ever seeing the invite forum on this board even if we do follow the rules of this site

this shows me that FST is not just letting users do what they want without getting involed they are now helping you to trader accounts and break trackers rules at any cost

for me it is a sad day to see this happen here

Tokeman
02-20-2008, 06:12 PM
FST owner is taking this futher he is now starting to block BT staff from ever seeing the invite forum on this board even if we do follow the rules of this site

this shows me that FST is not just letting users do what they want without getting involed they are now helping you to trader accounts and break trackers rules at any cost

if thats true its sad indeed.

stoi
02-20-2008, 06:16 PM
well i can still see them, so cant really comment.

Theif
02-20-2008, 06:18 PM
everything has to end and from there starts a new begining.. whatever.

Night0wl
02-20-2008, 06:21 PM

Is this true for other staff as well, or only NEO. because if it is the norm, then I am leaving as well.

supper
02-20-2008, 06:22 PM

for me it is a sad day to see this happen hereFST dosent blocking and staffer from invite section ( i think coz i saw many staffer posted recently in invite section ) i am sure the problem is many staffer dosent respact the agreement they did with fst by let any member trade invites of thier trackers but not accounts thats was the deal after while some of those staffer they break this agreement by get members ips in somehow and disable any one who trying to trade invites which mean fst dosent become safe place for the traders as the traders were feeling safe to trade here as they used to thats beside some of those CR wasnt helpful to many members here even they didnt replayed any pms or tryed to help any one and they made large numbers of spys who pm me to know only what is ur offer and report it and a huge army of spamer who jumps on every trader thread so what the point to keep on some of those? if u agree about that then whay fst standing for then ? and yes there was some of those staffer we all respact them as they were helping out ppl here not just ban ban ban like vidde like all the F*C staffers like elektirok like JBB ....

all i wanna say is CR removed ok thats fine but nothing havent changed staffer still here and still axx to any section they want they still help some and still can ban some as well so its not the big deal

SAM
02-20-2008, 06:24 PM
the only thing that worth reading in this thread is "farewell"
Don't we all know that even with the invite system is closed and emails don't change policy.people still sneaks in.
and there is nothing new in this thread cause FTN already stops giving invites and FSC has no invite system.
so what's left here is FTWR AND uk-t which is both very hard to get.with invite system or not.
so nothing change.
and about this CR issue,do you think trackers' staff need a contoured five stars to find and ban your asses.
how naive :D

SgtMajor
02-20-2008, 06:27 PM

How would he know if one of your admin signed up as a normal user here?

Is there something I am missing?

Sounds like it could all be about the clicks.

kingrob
02-20-2008, 06:35 PM
no i asked for my axx to be removed from the trusted forum as it was part of the CR thing i logged on today to see all axx to invite forum and above has been removed

this is not my site so the admin here can do as he likes but it is a pity to see it come to this

this will be my last post on this forum useing this nick as i will now have to use another one i have waiting

SAM
02-20-2008, 06:37 PM
guys, we have to be honest with each others :D
Fst is a trading forum basically not a charity one.Having CR rank in this forum wasn't helping anything except giving people excuse to accuse FST with spying on members ips and help trackers to bust traders.
Trackers' staff-as i mentioned before-don't need a rank or stars to help their trackers' members or to watch traders on any forum so nothing will change except the fact that Fst take its normal place as a trading forum which put the interest and the security of its members first.

xJohnxSmithx
02-20-2008, 07:15 PM
fst was a good giving community. It could have continued to do so and support relationship building instead of trading. I have met lots of good people here that enjoyed that type of environment. Oh well I guess i will have to wait and see how things come together.

for the record I, in 8 months of torrenting, have got fsc and ftn without ever doing a trade. Infact if i had done any trading I would not have got these so GL to you all.
I'll be enjoying my trackers while you try to trade for them.

tgp
02-20-2008, 07:27 PM
People, there's more to fst than invites and bittorrent. If that's the only reason you're here i don't think you'll be missed.

pone44
02-20-2008, 08:09 PM
I do not approve with trading at all but when i need help it was good to know i could pm the right person to help out. so i am upset.....

zedex
02-20-2008, 09:14 PM
yeah i think also this is a very bad desicion for FST .... no more good ppl here , they all left cause of the massive invite market .
also i will add if this forum wants to keep existing you need to assign more mods , 3 of them isnt really enough with all the shit thats happening here .

fatcat69
02-20-2008, 09:30 PM
To address a few things

I believe in all honestly that the idea of having the community reps is what set this place apart. That and the fact I only had 2 posts every removed for spam, surprised arent you?

Oh and by the way...

You all just got
PUNK'D

http://www.wolv.org/ent/uploaded_images/Punk%27d_logo-715263.jpg

You honestly think Id bail when now I have even more people to spam and 1000's of traders begging for sites! pfff nonsense!

Let the spam fest begin, cause Im going to spam em till they run outta here.

Also, to the genius posting about how the sysop of FST is blocking staff from torrent sites....what a joke...if anything the staff here at FST are very helpful...who do you think hooks up site staff with ips from here...mods cant do it. :lol::lol::lol:

k but in seriousness...im a little pissed about the whole no more CR's

suckers:P:P:P:P

DKre8ive1
02-20-2008, 09:49 PM
@kingrob
I am thinking that someone made a mistake and when you asked to be removed from the trusted forum they removed you from both invite forums by accident since I can still see the invite forum.

This is just a guess and I am not saying that this is what happened or not.

@Fatcat
*me waves fist*
You had me there for a bit, but I am glad you are sticking around.

Artemis
02-20-2008, 09:50 PM
well fatcat let me just take this opportunity to say...........
http://xs124.xs.to/xs124/08083/spamfairy553.jpg (http://xs.to)

Totti
02-20-2008, 09:53 PM
lol you really had me there fatcat

max59x
02-20-2008, 10:03 PM
What the hell are you people talkin' about? what have I missed?

New rules? what rules?

markupmaster
02-20-2008, 10:14 PM
Edit:

Damn!

You had me going there!

:P

Artemis
02-20-2008, 10:26 PM
awwww come back and play fatcat.........
http://xs124.xs.to/xs124/08083/1192289133037jh5560.jpg (http://xs.to)

supper
02-20-2008, 10:29 PM
sorry for spam but i couldnt resist:lol::lol::lol::lol:

grimms
02-20-2008, 10:46 PM
Sorry to see you go bro, but i can understand your position and i was going to jump ship myself, but felt? It wasn't the right thing to do just because there are a few bad apples. One way to hold value to this site is ignoring the bittorrent invite section entirely. I like and want to help people as well, but certain people, tracker staff, members and rules forced my hand on not allowing to help with invites, but there are still plenty of useful resourceful info being discussed about in different sections of this forum. But once again i do understand your frame of thought.

sear
02-20-2008, 10:50 PM

You should ask realitY about that. I think it's a mistake for sure...I hope anyway.

grimms
02-20-2008, 11:59 PM
Fatcat69 why you play me like that?

JUSTAGUY
02-21-2008, 12:50 AM
no invites at sites would be a good thing

Zaxx
02-21-2008, 01:41 AM
/me smacks forehead...Fuggin' cat...:dry:

fatcat69
02-21-2008, 02:43 AM
haha come on guys someone had to do it, everyone was pouting and crying about stuff.

I saw an opportunity and took it ;-)

@ Artemis:

Lol you are the only person who spammed the thread so far! I knew youd come through :-P

@Grimms

Cmon man you had to know that Im only serious like 1% of the time while im on this forum :-D

@DKre8ive1 (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../members/dkre8ive1-123675)[/URL]

Sucker :-P but ya im here to stay for a while

@[URL="http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../members/zaxx-191125"]Zaxx (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../members/zaxx-191125)

muhaha cmon man, how else would I recruit for that one certain tracker as this is the only place i really call home outside of irc and forums for my 3 favorite trackers.

@JUSTAGUY (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../members/justaguy-177281)

I actually was serious about that part...invites are perm closed at 3 sites by the end of the week...youll know if you are on the site. I dont want to get yelled at for spoiling the surprise by the sysops of the sites...but a train is coming.

It has nothing to do with the change in rules...it just is coincidence.

KFlint
02-21-2008, 02:48 AM
i knew you liked us too much to leave hahaha, but that was pretty convincing in fact

SgtMajor
02-21-2008, 02:49 AM
Cmon man you had to know that Im only serious like 1% of the time while im on this forum :-D

I hadn't realised it was as much as that.

fatcat69
02-21-2008, 02:52 AM
i knew you liked us too much to leave hahaha, but that was pretty convincing in fact

I was like 50% serious in the post...I started it at first serious...then was like "wait a minute, this could turn into a hilarious prank...im doing it.":lol:

I hadn't realised it was as much as that.

Well technically if you go by post count, it would be like .00001% But Im like the IRS, we only round up.:lol:

Zaxx
02-21-2008, 02:55 AM
Has begun...SCC just pulled invites from all 'user' class members..

"Some of you might have noticed that your invites got removed. This only applies to the class "Scene User". All of the classes above received 2 invites, including staff."

DasFox
02-21-2008, 03:02 AM
Hey it's only file sharing guys, enjoy it and have fun with, don't kill yourself over it, hehe. ;)

If little spammer/scammers/cryers/beggars come running, well just give them the boot and be done with it, end of story.

Don't let my post count fool ya, I've been pirating since the day the Net started, and believe me it's nothing to go getting your panties in a twist over. :)

PEACE

grimms
02-21-2008, 04:27 AM
Post counts don't mean shit! It's your integrity, knowledge, and what you bring to the table, it does help to be a little active though. I rather see someone with like 50 great posts then someone with 500 posts of pure bullshit. Damn does that mean i'm a bullshitter then? Sorry....But in all seriousness, there are some members who enjoy reading, lurking, and adding their two sense, when they bring it upon their self to do so(When they feel it's needed). Then there are members like me who say what i feel no matter what(Of course within the Fst rules, as much as possible). Makes me no better then someone who lurks. I'm a member of other forums where i don't post as much as i do on here, but do lurk, and soak up all the good wealth of information.

1000possibleclaws
02-21-2008, 04:37 AM
Post counts don't mean shit! It's your integrity, knowledge, and what you bring to the table, it does help to be a little active though. I rather see someone with like 50 great posts then someone with 500 posts of pure bullshit. Damn does that mean i'm a bullshitter then? Sorry....But in all seriousness, there are some members who enjoy reading, lurking, and adding their two sense, when they bring it upon their self to do so(When they feel it's needed). Then there are members like me who say what i feel no matter what(Of course within the Fst rules, as much as possible). Makes me no better then someone who lurks. I'm a member of other forums where i don't post as much as i do on here, but do lurk, and soak up all the good wealth of information.

yeah i agree, there are some people who post the most annoying shit ever, or else they will just repeat what the person 2 posts above them said (ie when someone asks if a tracker is down, then someone answers them, then 5 more people say the same thing, and finally 2 days later some f-in idiot brings the thread back up saying the tracker is working..)

RealitY
02-21-2008, 04:37 AM
I believe in all honestly that the idea of having the community reps is what set this place apart.
Well we completly agree. Though in its current form it needed to go. It is a shame but it got to the point there wasnt much choice anymore. We do plan on putting something together which is simpler and makes more sence...

DasFox
02-21-2008, 04:56 AM

Sorry I guess you misunderstood me, I just meant don't let my post count fool people into thinking I haven't been around. I just meant I've been around pirating since it started was all, nothing in reference to anything else, or being here. I mean I'm not a newbie, been at this LONG TIME... ;)

PEACE

grimms
02-21-2008, 05:28 AM
I didn't misunderstand you. I just added some details of my and was generally speaking. what you mean't I think? Is that just cause you only have 50 something posts(On fst and new here under your current name DasFox), doesn't mean your new to bittorrent, forums, or the scene in general, whether you been involved since the invention of usernet or as recently as bittorrent or the p2p days where napster and kazaa reigned supreme. If i'm wrong this time around, then i did misunderstand you and apologize to you in advance DasFox. Like your avatar by the way, it's tight.

Cabalo
02-21-2008, 05:30 AM
Not to say this is solely attributed to FST's little change of heart, but more that it was on the back burner but recent changes have...speed up plans.

So farewell.

well, as u said it was going to happen anyway, so what's the point in blaming FST?

farewell, more users will come. ;)

People, there's more to fst than invites and bittorrent. If that's the only reason you're here i don't think you'll be missed.
he is joking,
anyway, u are new here, but your post is the one that summed up all that had to be said here.

fatcat69
02-22-2008, 12:06 PM
I believe in all honestly that the idea of having the community reps is what set this place apart.
Well we completly agree. Though in its current form it needed to go. It is a shame but it got to the point there wasnt much choice anymore. We do plan on putting something together which is simpler and makes more sence...

Excellent I am glad to hear that :D

To people who still havent read through and are posting...I was Joking! There was a huge Punk'd post somwhere in there. :P:P:P

fOrUmAs
02-22-2008, 12:13 PM
To people who still havent read through and are posting...I was Joking! There was a huge Punk'd post somwhere in there. :P:P:P

ahh that is bad news then?

i hope next time will be true:D

mrnobody
02-22-2008, 01:30 PM
free spam :P

fatcat69
02-22-2008, 01:59 PM

ahh that is bad news then?

i hope next time will be true:D

ya ya ya id expect you to post that :P

why the new avatar the old one was better

Hrvoje
02-22-2008, 02:01 PM

So farewell.

farewell

peace

you will not be missed, k bye

SAM
02-22-2008, 03:14 PM
free spam :P

nothing is free :cry:

aysomc
02-22-2008, 04:59 PM
i love this, i wish all trackers made it damn near impossible to trade successfully. the more trackers that lock emails and keep traders out the better. :)

and if we no longer get invites im fine with that as well, a few guys i know wont be able to get invited from me but im sure they will get in eventually on their own without having to trade.

supper
02-22-2008, 05:04 PM
there will be accounts tradeing running in next days which mean it will be even worse then invites tradeing !