PDA

View Full Version : The ftn fsc Userbar Phenomenom

Totti
02-20-2008, 10:01 PM
Ok so i've noticed something if a user has an ftn or fsc userbar in their profile when ever they make requests they are "trusted users" or have contributed allot to the forum regardless of the number of posts bt reps ect.... im not saying that they haven't contributed it's just that it seems that users tend to exaggerate if they see a user of one of those sites or a few other "top lvl" sites please correct me if wrong just a remark of mine dont want to get allot of heat because of this......

Artemis
02-20-2008, 10:07 PM
having to advertise the sites you are a member of with userbars/hugging icons is :ghey: anyway

SaRkAsM
02-20-2008, 10:09 PM
having to advertise the sites you are a member of with userbars/hugging icons is :ghey: anyway

I disagree...

Artemis
02-20-2008, 10:11 PM
:glag: of course you would :naughty::naughty::whistling

Sylar666
02-20-2008, 10:16 PM
I reveal neither my userbars, nor my rep -points anymore. It doesn't give You a faintest clue - I 've already seen scammers with a lot of rep -points allocated, for example.

kaffeine
02-20-2008, 10:17 PM
It's only an ego thing. ppl think they'll get more respect if their showing how they are members of this and that, which is obviously wrong...

so I concur with Artemis... :ghey:

pone44
02-20-2008, 10:23 PM
I use none. Seem's like a taunt almost- look at what i have and you don't, i am not that type.

tweakz
02-20-2008, 10:27 PM
+1 :ghey::ghey::ghey::ghey::ghey::ghey:

SgtMajor
02-20-2008, 10:30 PM
wtf is a "userbar"?

pro267
02-20-2008, 10:47 PM
It's only an ego thing. ppl think they'll get more respect if their showing how they are members of this and that, which is obviously wrong...

Well, you do remember that you have that TRG userbar, don't ya?

Oh wait, so do I.. :P

SAM
02-20-2008, 10:47 PM
now.it's phenomena. ^-^

02-20-2008, 10:52 PM
wtf is a "userbar"?

wtf is a sgtmajor means??

DV8type
02-20-2008, 10:55 PM

:yup:

The funny thing is half of them are not even members
:frusty:

SAM
02-20-2008, 10:55 PM
WTF you are talking about?

pro267
02-20-2008, 10:57 PM
Lol, DV8, I just read your post then spent a couple of minutes staring at your huge fight club logo.. :lol:

SAM
02-20-2008, 11:00 PM
DV8 IS A STAFF MEMBER
He has every right to put the userbar and above that he is a great asset in our beloved community.
Time to go now.I have another sicko meetings to attend .

Edit
Did i say beloved member?!
I hope not :(

TP635
02-20-2008, 11:03 PM
Now,now; What is wrong with mine?:P

SAM
02-20-2008, 11:07 PM
"I guess it show more of your personality than it hides"
That's what's wrong ;)

pro267
02-20-2008, 11:12 PM
DV8 IS A STAFF MEMBER
He has every right to put the userbar and above that he is a great asset in our beloved community.
Chill Sam, there's no need to shout. I'm quite aware of who DV8 is and have tons of respect for him, both for what he's done for the site he represents and the way he conducts himself here. Having said that, you have to acknowledge that if someone goes around with a huge logo advertising his site he can hardly complain about people using his site's userbar in their sig.

SgtMajor
02-20-2008, 11:13 PM
wtf is a "userbar"?

wtf is a sgtmajor means??

He tramples on and pwns binaries.

Tokeman
02-20-2008, 11:13 PM
userbars never give me a higher or lower opinion of the people using them, or not using them. Its the people that have requests all or most of the top lvl sites in their sig that annoy me...

sear
02-20-2008, 11:32 PM
The ones that really piss me off are userbars and hugging icons for sites that prefer to remain discreet. If these people are so proud to be a member why are they going against the wishes of the site?

KFlint
02-20-2008, 11:35 PM

TRG ftw, my one and only userbar :cool:

G-Force
02-20-2008, 11:39 PM
Each to there own i guess, mine just represents where i hang out most.

grimms
02-20-2008, 11:49 PM
I no longer use them as well. You'll have members that pm you for invites, dispise you, kiss your ass and fluff your ego(Thinking it will help them, and you'll invite them one day), pm you about how to get in and fake be your friend until they get that invite(True story), it just tends to warrant unwanted attention most of the time. Also some people take it as you bragging to them(I don't entirely agree with that, but perception can be a bitch). I eventually learned that and removed my userbar sigs(Others may think entirely different).

DV8type
02-21-2008, 01:20 AM
Chill Sam, there's no need to shout. I'm quite aware of who DV8 is and have tons of respect for him, both for what he's done for the site he represents and the way he conducts himself here. Having said that, you have to acknowledge that if someone goes around with a huge logo advertising his site he can hardly complain about people using his site's userbar in their sig.

Let me clarify :D

-I have no problem with users using usebars (how do you like that one :lol: ) if they are proud of the site and actually participate at that site(s). The issue is with members who have usebars as a status symbol, they are not part of the community....they might be a member of the site but they do not represent them cuz their voice is not heard. They dont have any sort of pride or honor in that site, its a commodity to them.

I have my sig not because im trying 'show off' or as a status symbol but because i care about the [Fight Club] >> i spend time making it a better place, i think about its users. Ive spent countless hours helping the site i represent and my sig is a symbol of that.

There are people with userbars in there sig that do not even know what it means to be a member of that site. They do not participate and should not be faking the 'pride' they have for the site. Usebars for the sake of showing off.....I cant and dont respect that
:sick:

SenorBubbz
02-21-2008, 01:25 AM
DV8 IS A STAFF MEMBER

LOL, Sam shouting using caps lock!?!?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

mrnobody
02-21-2008, 01:53 AM
Ok so i've noticed something if a user has an ftn or fsc userbar in their profile when ever they make requests they are "trusted users" or have contributed allot to the forum regardless of the number of posts bt reps ect.... im not saying that they haven't contributed it's just that it seems that users tend to exaggerate if they see a user of one of those sites or a few other "top lvl" sites please correct me if wrong just a remark of mine dont want to get allot of heat because of this......

SRORY BUT MY UESBRAR/S TLALY UP BGIEGR EPEINS TAHN FTN AND FSC UESBRAR TGOTEHER :whistling

xJohnxSmithx
02-21-2008, 02:13 AM
Personaly i like my boastful userbar. Ya, it may be kinda cocky putting a level 13 tracker on my userbar but hey. When you got it flaunt it. ;)

pro267
02-21-2008, 02:42 AM
Let me clarify :D

-I have no problem with users using usebars (how do you like that one :lol: ) if they are proud of the site and actually participate at that site(s). The issue is with members who have usebars as a status symbol, they are not part of the community....they might be a member of the site but they do not represent them cuz their voice is not heard. They dont have any sort of pride or honor in that site, its a commodity to them.

I have my sig not because im trying 'show off' or as a status symbol but because i care about the [Fight Club] >> i spend time making it a better place, i think about its users. Ive spent countless hours helping the site i represent and my sig is a symbol of that.

There are people with userbars in there sig that do not even know what it means to be a member of that site. They do not participate and should not be faking the 'pride' they have for the site. Usebars for the sake of showing off.....I cant and dont respect that
:sick:
I agree to what you said here. Alright, enough joking around, it's time for a serious post from me in this thread.. :)

Tbh, I don't really care if someone has one userbar or favicon of a site that he loves and helps shape. What pisses me off are people using 3,4 and sometimes up to 10 userbars in their sig, some of which of the best and rarest of sites.

On several occasions when I noticed sigs full of userbars, I remember asking myself why would these people feel an urge to flaunt their sites like that, and every time I came to the same conclusion: these people are most likely tracker collectors who use these userbars to mark their latest conquests, goals achieved while on their way to the crowning jewel - the rarest of trackers. It's actually quite similar to a mating ritual of animals if you think about it: they flaunt their feathers to attract a proper mate (a fellow tard).

Another thing that pisses me off when I see members showing off their userbarss is that I don't like people who try to act like they're better than others because they achieved some stupid virtual goal, as though having a rarer tracker means anything in the real world. I respect members of high leveled trackers who can keep that fact to themselves (I myself can't really see how the trackers I use would be any stranger's business).

That last rant is obviously not intended towards userbars only, although userbars are the most graphic manifestation of the behavior I've described.

Femto
02-21-2008, 02:56 AM
Blah, FSC & FTN aren't special.

seppypom
02-21-2008, 02:59 AM

Well, you do remember that you have that TRG userbar, don't ya?

Oh wait, so do I.. :P

USERBARS are RETARDED

fatcat69
02-21-2008, 02:59 AM

Completely Agree.

People who post userbars for their sites do it to solely brag.

"UPLOADER FOR FSC, UPLOADER iTS, UPLOADER ScL, UPLOADER SCC, UPLOADER FTN, UPLOADER REVTT, UPLOADER U*-*, UPLOADER BH, UPLOADER HDBITS, UPLOADER BITME, UPLOADER BITMETV, UPLOADER TTI, UPLOADER ScT, UPLOADER BCG, UPLOADER Teletubie Torrents."

Who gives a flying f*ck:lol:

Having userbars of fav. tv shows is completely bad ass though. Like you are a cool kid instantly for having it.

SgtMajor
02-21-2008, 03:11 AM

"UPLOADER FOR FSC, UPLOADER iTS, UPLOADER ScL, UPLOADER SCC, UPLOADER FTN, UPLOADER REVTT, UPLOADER U*-*, UPLOADER BH, UPLOADER HDBITS, UPLOADER BITME, UPLOADER BITMETV, UPLOADER TTI, UPLOADER ScT, UPLOADER BCG, UPLOADER Teletubie Torrents."

I'm surprised you have the time for us lowly little mere mortals here.

fatcat69
02-21-2008, 03:13 AM

I'm surprised you have the time for us lowly little mere mortals here.

Ya Teletubie Torrents just takes up so much time, Their userbar was so awesome that it was not worthy of a mere mortal forum such as this. :naughty::naughty:

DKre8ive1
02-21-2008, 03:27 AM
I once got in a fight and I had my user bar in my pocket but it did me no good when I pulled it out to defend myself, since the guy just laughed and proceeded to kick my ass. :P

So that is why I voted no user bars don't help me. :lol:

But as for using a user bar to show pride in a site you like. I think it is kind of the same thing as when you have a logo of your favorite sports team and I guess there isn't anything wrong with that.

fatcat69
02-21-2008, 03:31 AM
I once got in a fight and I had my user bar in my pocket but it did me no good when I pulled it out to defend myself, since the guy just laughed and proceeded to kick my ass. :P

:lol::lol::lol: Nicely done.

JROQuinn
02-21-2008, 04:51 AM
I think theyre just good for myspace & crap like that, should be nothing more than a conversation starter among friends.

userbar viewer: Ohhh whats that!? Cool userbar, what site is that?
userbar user: Its a private tracker for torrents.

userbar viewer:
http://media.urbandictionary.com/image/page/l337-34238.jpg

Cabalo
02-21-2008, 05:54 AM
me, i like money.
Any good userbar around there? Any tracker where i can download money ?

Something Else
02-21-2008, 12:15 PM
I wouldn't trust anyone there even if they had a pope userbar. :dabs:

Cruel
02-21-2008, 12:19 PM
Blah, FSC & FTN aren't special.Neither are you :rolleyes:

sokrates
02-21-2008, 12:41 PM
userbars only help to get a full pm-box dont they? :P
when i invited someone from here to another site with lots of userbars i didnt have to ask him though which tracker he could show me as reference, so i picked one where he pm'd me :P so it saved some time^^
(the tracker was a "fst"-tracker anyways :P)
but in general lots of userbars or these hugging icons here leave a bad impression (in my case)

Presto
02-21-2008, 01:26 PM
Another cool phenomenon is to put tracker userbars in order of rarity in yer signature. This tells awfully much about the person, you know. And I can't say that it's positive.

TheFoX
02-21-2008, 02:11 PM
In reference to one of the original questions about FSC and FTN userbars, and the members it represents, remember that just because someone sports an FSC or FTN userbar, doesn't mean that they are part of that community.

I can easily sport a TL userbar, even though I don't belong there, simply by viewing the graphic available from this forum, from a member who does belong there, and saving it in my profile here.

If people think that someone sporting an FSC or FTN userbar is above board, don't. Sporting a userbar is no different from showing ratio screenshots. They can all be faked.

In fact, I can show you a screenshot of my account on TL, even though I don't have an account at TL...

Something Else
02-21-2008, 03:22 PM
So you aren't really an Imbecile in TRG. :O

KFlint
02-21-2008, 05:04 PM
So you aren't really an Imbecile in TRG. :O

no, that's a well deserve title, i can confirm :P