PDA

View Full Version : Help avoiding TL wait times

eslip
02-20-2008, 11:52 PM
I think tl is a great site, I just hate the wait times :lol:
How can I buffer my account over 7gb to have no more wait times?
Thanks

Wrong section, sorry
Mod can move this

ghost716
02-21-2008, 12:26 AM
download from other 0day sites and seed at tl
thats what i did
or just organize the torrents by how many leeches they have and download one with a ton of leeches that doesnt have a wait time (try dvdr's)

SenorBubbz
02-21-2008, 12:52 AM
download from other 0day sites and seed at tl
thats what i did
or just organize the torrents by how many leeches they have and download one with a ton of leeches that doesnt have a wait time (try dvdr's)

I used both of those together when I joined TL. I found the torrent with most leechers, downloaded it from somewhere else and seeded it there.

Also, I partial seeded another torrent.

yupi
02-21-2008, 03:59 PM
just download 0day torrent (least than 1 hour uploaded) and grab only 20 mb and seed it back, u will see that u will upload like 300 mb per torrent, do that with 5-7 torrent and u will going up ...

PS: your upload speed will go down after 5-7 hours.

BluRossonero
02-21-2008, 04:04 PM
I think tl is a great site, I just hate the wait times :lol:
Thanks

Wrong section, sorry
Mod can move this

If you have a good speed, download something big that most people want it. I downloaded a game of nearly 6gb and in 2 days I have a ratio of 5. I killed the wait time that way! :lol:

Anyways you could also download from another site and seed here too.

GL

ajsi
02-21-2008, 04:12 PM

i think you have to uploading :D

mamacita
02-21-2008, 04:21 PM
I downloaded one 700mb movie and just left it seeding and it alone has given me almost 5gb worth of upload. Just pick a recent popular movie that came out and seed it.

Don't make the mistake, however, of downloading the DVDr or some other +4gb copy of a movie.

Tokeman
02-21-2008, 05:27 PM
I dl'd the star trek TNG packs partially, since they were old and available, had < 10 seeders and all had between 4-12 leechers at the time, but some of those people were also partial seeders, so be carefull with packs, this is just what I did and it worked very well for me.

Zaxx
02-21-2008, 06:12 PM
Wait for a POPULAR release (preferably a dvd). Just as soon as your wait is over, jump on it and give it ALL your u/l bandwidth for as long as you can (yes, you'll have to leave your pc on overnight.lol)...and pause/stop other torrents. Keep at it...won't take long. ;)

aysomc
02-21-2008, 07:37 PM
borrow a seedbox for an hour.

SgtMajor
02-21-2008, 07:50 PM
Grab a very new & popular DVD Movie from another 0day tracker or usenet, and seed like hell for a day or 2, job done.

Horatiu
02-21-2008, 09:32 PM
Buy VIP $$$

No, seriously, TL is extremely easy to seed compared to other trackers. You should have no problems snatching and seeding a popular release.

vinhkhang01
02-22-2008, 12:33 AM
I would dowload popular DVD torrent file from another site and seed it @TL as long as you can. Or you can jump on the newly popular file as soon as it is released and seed for several days.
Just do that several times, and it should get you over the hump as there many leechers @TL.

(I)
02-22-2008, 01:03 AM
Try to sort torrents according to leechers # and choose a one with bunch of seeders. I'm seeding Oblivion: Shievering ..... & War in Conflict days ago w/o probs although these are very old torrents (may be more than a year)

roderick
07-16-2008, 05:34 PM
im trying the grab from another tracker and upload on TL but it's not seeding at all and still says "access denied - wait time in effect." any suggestions?

Raban
07-16-2008, 05:50 PM
im trying the grab from another tracker and upload on TL but it's not seeding at all and still says "access denied - wait time in effect." any suggestions?

regardless of where you download the data you can't seed/leech any TL torrent until after the waittime...

so you may have to go back several pages to find old enough stuff to seed/leech... its a game and a challenge but once you get past it its smooth sailing

dunson
07-16-2008, 05:51 PM
I just can't stand wait times. I checked out TL and let the account vanish because I wasn't going to deal with that plus the ads. The site is too big and insecure anyway.

aaatoel
07-16-2008, 05:56 PM
Grab 3 dvdrips and seed them for 3-4 days! It is really a piece of cake! Especially try Zeitgeist (which is also great), it is CONSTANTLY uploading!

Ghostbusters
07-16-2008, 06:19 PM
If you can't be bothered to grab from other trackers and seed at TL then just Chunk seed 50mb sections of popular PC-ISO games.

Night0wl
07-16-2008, 06:46 PM
I just can't stand wait times. I checked out TL and let the account vanish because I wasn't going to deal with that plus the ads. The site is too big and insecure anyway.

What ads? Ever heard of adblock plus? ;)

I found it very easy to pass the waittimes, by only partial seeding popular releases. Make sure that the releases are the most popular one though i.e. often a P2P rip will be preferred over scene.

Also TL allows for a little grace period. I think it's 4GB but don't quote me on that. Stay away from whole DVD releases as you will pass that benchmark.

Ghostbusters
07-16-2008, 06:53 PM
fs wrong thread I'm such a noob sometime :P

SgtMajor
07-16-2008, 06:55 PM

Grab a torrent that is not wait time restricted, you still can't seed a new torrent if you are on wait times, as suggested - go back a page or 2, if it was me I would look for older & popular DVDRs or XBOX 360 games - they always seed & seed for ever, try getting 2 or 3 or as many as you can handle, within 24 hourts you will have seeded the 4GB needed easy.

kondrae
07-16-2008, 07:04 PM

What ads? Ever heard of adblock plus? ;)

Also TL allows for a little grace period. I think it's 4GB but don't quote me on that. Stay away from whole DVD releases as you will pass that benchmark.

thats what i use - adblock plus

what do u mean by grace period? i know you have to seed to .4 or 24 hours or you'll get a HnR warning.

Night0wl
07-16-2008, 08:34 PM
HnR warning and low ratio warning are two very different things. No matter what your ratio/uploaded amount is, you should not HnR any torrent.

Lowest acceptable ratio for members is 0.4, but until you have downloaded... like I said I'm not sure, but 4GB I think, that ratio requirement is nonexistent.

You could just search or ask in their forum, then you should get a definite answer.

It's to help new users.

SgtMajor
07-16-2008, 08:51 PM
download a stg xvid when he releases them

Still wait time restricted :whistling

Older files with leechers are what is needed :yup:

onlinetragedy
07-16-2008, 08:55 PM
TL is sooo easy to seed back on. any popular torrent you can easily seed 2.0 in 24hrs (of course depending on your ul speed)

tknaught
07-16-2008, 09:05 PM
Just download the most recent version of Windows Vista, Windows XP, or Mac OSX. Those torrents always consistently get new leechers and generate traffic for many months.

robotpirate
07-16-2008, 09:20 PM
download stuff from somewhere else, join the seed pool on tl...

partial seed stuff like samples on tv season packs...

really, if you download something popular, even 48h after its release, you still would be able to seed it back due to tl large userbase.

renwickftw
07-16-2008, 11:46 PM
Err, TL is like the easiest site to seed on. 2 days ago, I grabbed a movie released a month or two ago with around 150 seeds and 20 leechers. After these two days, I've seeded back half of the 1.4GB, with my crappy home connection. Just partial seed popular things, I find DVDRs and Games to be real good, and seed them forever.

yakz091
07-17-2008, 03:36 AM
i dont understand partial seeding till now, can anyone ellaborate on this.

lukee
07-17-2008, 03:59 AM
I found a x264 pack with alot of movies i had in the original release form :) seeded 10GB worth on a 820Kbit/s and it worked :) now: 140GB+

Night0wl
07-17-2008, 04:05 AM

it means that you only download a few rars from the torrent and seed them. the rars are useless to you because you only downloaded part of them, but they still seed quite nicely.

SgtMajor
07-17-2008, 04:15 AM

There's 2 ways to accomplish partial seeding.

One is to download a set % amount, from 10 - 50% depending on your download speed and then stop the torrent and in utorrent click the file tab in the bottom wind window, highlight them all, right click and select Don't Download, the torrent is then "finished" as far as any further downloading is concerned for the time being, then right click the torrent itself and select force start, it will seed the % downloaded back to the tracker for as long as you want. You can always go back and finish the download later if you get enough uploaded by going back to the files tab, highlighting all the files again and selecting Normal Priority. Handy for jumping on very popular large files and ratio boosting.

Another way is when you see all the files in your client only select a certain amount of the RAR files to download, from 1-99 depending on your choice, this can be quicker if you select only a few RARs and you don't have to go back to the torrent later, you can just leave it download & seed back.

So in essence, you are only getting a "partial" amount of the torrent and therefore only "partial" seeding. You will always show up as a leecher of the torrent, which can be confusing as you are in reality only seeding, and if a large portion do this, then it will seem as loads of leechers on a torrent, when in fact there are no leechers, only partial seeders. This is where a lot of people fall down in grabbing torrents, they see a large number of leechers and so think they can easily seed back - massive fail as there are no leechers only seeders!

The Wanderer
07-17-2008, 05:09 AM
Sort TL torrents by leechers and jump on one of the popular torrents from the list without waiting time. :)

DikTation
07-17-2008, 07:02 AM
Seedbox is a great help!!

CPC464
07-17-2008, 10:53 AM
TL is increadibly easy to seed on. i only have 47kps up yet i built buffer by just downloading the movies i wanted and seeding them. if you leave them seeding form a couple of week you can build a buffer easily

LuckIEE
07-17-2008, 03:24 PM
just download 0day torrent (least than 1 hour uploaded) and grab only 20 mb and seed it back, u will see that u will upload like 300 mb per torrent, do that with 5-7 torrent and u will going up ...

this works 100% do this and you will be there in no time

SgtMajor
07-17-2008, 03:28 PM

this works 100% do this and you will be there in no time

How can he grab it if he is on wait time restrictions?

Please explain, I'm waiting............ :whistling

/what - you mean you didn't actually read what the OP posted?? :shocked:

LubTheStaringCat
07-17-2008, 03:43 PM
TL is increadibly easy to seed on. i only have 47kps up yet i built buffer by just downloading the movies i wanted and seeding them. if you leave them seeding form a couple of week you can build a buffer easily

like said I do that exact thing.
But also download from other oday trackers as well.

yakz091
07-17-2008, 06:11 PM
one more point i want to make tl tracker is having bug since i downloaded a torrent of wait-time 12 hour and there were no restrictions while downloading or uploading.
surprised, hope this kingrob doesnt read, if he does he will fix it.

it means that you only download a few rars from the torrent and seed them. the rars are useless to you because you only downloaded part of them, but they still seed quite nicely.

thanks i knew about this, i had the doubt of how can one download the remaining part of the data once he has attained the required upload which SgtMagor cleared.

There's 2 ways to accomplish partial seeding.

One is to download a set % amount, from 10 - 50% depending on your download speed and then stop the torrent and in utorrent click the file tab in the bottom wind window, highlight them all, right click and select Don't Download, the torrent is then "finished" as far as any further downloading is concerned for the time being, then right click the torrent itself and select force start, it will seed the % downloaded back to the tracker for as long as you want. You can always go back and finish the download later if you get enough uploaded by going back to the files tab, highlighting all the files again and selecting Normal Priority. Handy for jumping on very popular large files and ratio boosting.

Another way is when you see all the files in your client only select a certain amount of the RAR files to download, from 1-99 depending on your choice, this can be quicker if you select only a few RARs and you don't have to go back to the torrent later, you can just leave it download & seed back.

So in essence, you are only getting a "partial" amount of the torrent and therefore only "partial" seeding. You will always show up as a leecher of the torrent, which can be confusing as you are in reality only seeding, and if a large portion do this, then it will seem as loads of leechers on a torrent, when in fact there are no leechers, only partial seeders. This is where a lot of people fall down in grabbing torrents, they see a large number of leechers and so think they can easily seed back - massive fail as there are no leechers only seeders!

thanks a lot man u cleared all of my doubts.
u are so helpful, thanks once again for the much needed help..

roderick
07-24-2008, 05:27 PM
i'm trying to partial seed two torrents with the most leechers on the site but my upload speed is 0. I don't understand.

Raban
07-24-2008, 08:24 PM
i'm trying to partial seed two torrents with the most leechers on the site but my upload speed is 0. I don't understand.

most leechers ?? . .. how do you know they aren't all partial seeding too ?

roderick
07-24-2008, 10:41 PM
i dont, but this method isn't working for me.

Raban
07-25-2008, 12:35 AM
i dont, but this method isn't working for me.

ya well when it comes down to it isn't that what they want ?? you to get frustrated and give up and donate $$ $$ $ $ $$ $ . . .. .

i dont see any other reason for the waittimes

roderick
07-29-2008, 05:18 PM
yeah and uploading 7GB before you can download anything new is ridiculous.

SgtMajor
07-29-2008, 05:59 PM
It's to teach you the hard way about giving back, nothing more nothing less.

Most learn quickly what it takes, and TL has to be the best grounding site for torrent newbs new to private sites there is, without doubt, and most will not need anything more than TL ever.

KennyX
07-29-2008, 07:00 PM
if these suggestions are taking too long then you can always trade for a buffered account.

/me runs before morality police arrive.

lukee
07-29-2008, 11:33 PM
I grabbed a highdefinition pack. Seeded 10GB's in a few days. TL is worth keeping. one of the best trackers out there.