PDA

View Full Version : region 3 to 0 conversion?

PhonetiX
02-23-2008, 05:26 PM
hi im gettin into downloading movies from usenet. some are in region 3 is there a program i can get hold of that will convert it to either 0 or 2 so i can play them on my dvd player?

thanks

EyeBaller
02-23-2008, 05:30 PM
hi im gettin into downloading movies from usenet. some are in region 3 is there a program i can get hold of that will convert it to either 0 or 2 so i can play them on my dvd player?

thanks

The best thing to do would be to make your dvd player region free. What dvd player do you have?

PhonetiX
02-23-2008, 05:53 PM
toshiba but im not sure what model it is

EyeBaller
02-23-2008, 06:42 PM
toshiba but im not sure what model it is

It doesn't say it on the front?

Lantis
02-23-2008, 07:35 PM
if it is an .ISO file, load it up in a virtual drive (google MagicISO) then burn it with DVDDecrypter or ImgBurn (google it!) goodluck! :rolleyes:

louderplease
02-24-2008, 05:04 PM

thanks

If your are downloading it and it says R3, that means that the dvd source was region 3 but the rip is already region free... most likely :D

tusks
02-29-2008, 07:45 AM
Even if it's "Region Free" sometimes it won't work on some DVD Players even though it will play on most computer DVD Drives. The best option would be to find a hack for your DVD Player like Eyeballer mentioned. As far as I know, there is no way to really make a DVD-ISO a specific region or Region 0 so that it will play on any DVD Player. I'm hoping someone proves me wrong :)

PhonetiX
02-29-2008, 11:16 AM
thanks i will try. if was to give the disk to someone else who has a r2 dvd player how will they play it?