PDA

View Full Version : Request :)

jonny81985
02-23-2008, 09:42 PM
Hey guys I dont make many requests around here but this time I feel like I should :). Dont worry this is a special kind of request, it isnt for an invite....

This is a request for more members here to fill more requests instead of doing giveaways. I have a couple reason for this and Ill explain. First, it is my opinion that a lot of people here do giveaways to gain attention and eventually gain from them- IMO this is the complete wrong reason to do this. I love this place and I really hope it becomes a nice, tight knit community.

My second reason is that it is alot more secure for trakers if we give invites away privately (through pm) to deserving members who requests them. Dont get me wrong, this by no means is me saying we should fill every request that happens here, but more often that not i see some deserving members not getting what they deserve :( .

This is a community and we should really help eachother for the sake of helping, not gaining from our genorosity. Take me for example, I have very few requests here (and the ones i do have are from very early in my history). The reason I am here is to help and the # of invites i have given isnt really that important. I really just hope for a more generous Fst.

So what do you guys think?? Feel free to discuss/bash/agree/spam (its always fun :) )

Thanks guys

Jon

torrent_world
02-23-2008, 09:46 PM
I think FST became a giveaway forum ( for special persons )

but when it come to a request , you will find no one

$SnoopDo2G$
02-23-2008, 10:18 PM
Shit i ain't reading all that... be straight, what's this all about again ?

AmpeD
02-23-2008, 10:23 PM
Shit i ain't reading all that... be straight, what's this all about again ?
lazy ass.

(me too :shifty:)

_coder_
02-23-2008, 10:41 PM
I really hope it becomes a nice, tight knit community.

Don't hold you breath. Its not going to happen.

jonny81985
02-23-2008, 11:13 PM
I really hope it becomes a nice, tight knit community.

Don't hold you breath. Its not going to happen.

LOL why do u say that?? i think it is definetely possible if everyone just works together and stops only caring for themselves (of course not everyone here is like this, but here are some members who are very generous and helpful)

melatonin
02-23-2008, 11:15 PM
boooriiiing

jonny81985
02-23-2008, 11:16 PM
boooriiiing

Why is this boring?? You dont think it is worth our time to try and improve this community?

whip22
02-23-2008, 11:31 PM
sry

jonny81985
02-23-2008, 11:41 PM
boooriiiing
yo boring my ass man. I happen to know FalconAce in person and I want to let FST know that he is an honest and trustworthy person. I'm not just talking about no cheating and no trading.

He has waited VERY patiently for this invite. Some people don't like expressing themselves just for a friggin invite because they feel that a good FST member waits for others to feel that he deserves it!

If you ask me....GOOD REQUEST!

lol tiger wrong thread

mamacita
02-23-2008, 11:51 PM
I'm with you johnny. I'll post my thoughts later when I get more time.

fatcat69
02-23-2008, 11:52 PM
Hey guys I dont make many requests around here but this time I feel like I should :). Dont worry this is a special kind of request, it isnt for an invite....

This is a request for more members here to fill more requests instead of doing giveaways. I have a couple reason for this and Ill explain. First, it is my opinion that a lot of people here do giveaways to gain attention and eventually gain from them- IMO this is the complete wrong reason to do this. I love this place and I really hope it becomes a nice, tight knit community.

My second reason is that it is alot more secure for trakers if we give invites away privately (through pm) to deserving members who requests them. Dont get me wrong, this by no means is me saying we should fill every request that happens here, but more often that not i see some deserving members not getting what they deserve :( .

This is a community and we should really help eachother for the sake of helping, not gaining from our genorosity. Take me for example, I have very few requests here (and the ones i do have are from very early in my history). The reason I am here is to help and the # of invites i have given isnt really that important. I really just hope for a more generous Fst.

So what do you guys think?? Feel free to discuss/bash/agree/spam (its always fun :) )

Thanks guys

Jon

Jon, in all honesty, you have a better chance resurrecting the U.S.S.R then making this place a good tight nit community :lol:

http://english.people.com.cn/200505/10/images/0509_E09.jpg

Dark Archon
02-23-2008, 11:58 PM

Thanks guys

Jon

For that I totally have to agree Jonny. The whole meaning of helping someone is to ask nothing for return, and I'm glad that you are still with us :D

In most giveaways majority of the requesters are relatively new users, hence they have less post counts and rep points. It's a bit ironic (no offence) that if those users are to make a request thread, people would be hesitant to invite them due to their "low status". However if they were to participate in a giveaway, they would stand a chance of receiving one?

Just my 2 cents

jonny81985
02-24-2008, 01:29 AM

Thanks guys

Jon

Jon, in all honesty, you have a better chance resurrecting the U.S.S.R then making this place a good tight nit community :lol:

http://english.people.com.cn/200505/10/images/0509_E09.jpg

You might be right :), but its worth a try isnt it ??

Either way i know you do things the right way fatcat, there are a few other users that do the same too. I dont think it is a coincidence that people that give invites privately are usually the ones with all the accounts they desire, I guess that people have to learn for themselves though.

I for one am not gonna give up on it though ;)