PDA

View Full Version : Should Acct trades be allowed here?

Pages : [1] 2

Detale
02-24-2008, 07:53 PM
Now this is something I'm sure we all know is a hot topic, especially since we no longer have Community Reps anymore. I have heard it brought up over and over and sure this poll has been taken before, but I want an up to date view of what our members want and to see what could possibly be done about this. Also I know for some this can become a "heated" topic but make no mistake I will not tolerate ANY hostility in this thread only constructive posts please. I have always been for our members so this is your opportunity to show us what FST members want. It is anonymous so don't worry about anyone finding out how you voted.

cmZ
02-24-2008, 07:57 PM
No No No No Fuck Trades Nooo

Dark Archon
02-24-2008, 07:59 PM
I'm against trading but since Community Reps are no longer valid, it's up to a user's discretion whether or not s/he wants to trade an account. However trading accounts diminishes the spirit of torrenting which is sharing and caring for the community, accounts should not be used as a commodity or barter. Also if accounts get banned due to email/IP change, it harms users both ways.

P.S. Should* (typo on poll, sorry just pointing it out.)

The Gladiator
02-24-2008, 08:04 PM
I can't see why not, if invite trading is allowed acc trading should be to.

We all know that is hard to see our invitee trading his acc but the bittorrent world is that nowadays, no one can stop that.

My vote is "Yes"

Polarbear
02-24-2008, 08:05 PM
I'm against account trading because it violates tracker rules. i love my trackers that's why i follow those rules.

those wo don't care about tracker rules and trade accounts will be banned from many sites.

they will catch all account traders sooner or later. you can not hide.

that's why i voted no.

rocky1234
Though I'm also against trading but certain sites even treat giveaways as Trades. I believe it should be upto the user to decide whether he wanna trade or not.

dunson
I don't think this forum should tolerate/encourage behavior that goes against any tracker's rules. However, there is no need to impose a duty on the staff to eliminate such trading, but banning posts about account-trading completely makes it quite easy to eradicate. Of course, people could still do this through PMs, so it wouldn't be the end of it in actuality.

Something Else
02-24-2008, 08:06 PM
No. And ban anyone that votes YES = Nice FST. :eyebrows:

SenorBubbz
02-24-2008, 08:09 PM
I vote yes but there should be stricter rules and middlemen should be required NO MATTER WHAT.

Dark Archon
02-24-2008, 08:09 PM
I'm against account trading because it violates tracker rules. i love my trackers that's why i follow those rules.

those wo don't care about tracker rules and trade accounts will be banned from many sites.

they will catch all account traders sooner or later. you can not hide.

that's why i voted no.

yeah that should be mentioned too

grander
02-24-2008, 08:11 PM
I vote NO!

IF YOU REALLY WANT TO GIVE AWAY ACCOUNTS OR INVITE PEOPLE - DO IT! NOBODY IS PUSHING YOU TO START THOSE GIVEAWAYS. QUIT ACTING OR GO TO HOLLYWOOD, NOT HERE.
I respect everybody who gives away invites and accounts to people searching for them. But i also respect acting gentle/ polite (if you know what i mean). If somebody does something what's not correct for me - i will ask him to do this again correctly. I will not show him fingers, act like a baby.
And some rules what people create with their giveaways are horrible. Do you want me to die for those invites? To sell my organs maybe? To scream and shout for it? Thera is a lot of sites for trades. Do you really don't know? What about forum.torrentfreak and RealPoor, you can trade there.

Kirstein
02-24-2008, 08:12 PM
No. It is against the rules of the tracker. Furthermore when you use someone elses account you assume their identity, good and bad, and people think you're someone else. The inviter could also easily get in trouble, besides that you're betraying the place that's supossed to be your new home :dabs:

mamacita
02-24-2008, 08:12 PM
A big resounding NO from me.

I'm with Polarbear on this one. Not only does it violate tracker rules (which should be enough in and of itself) but it also hurts what a tracker stands for in general. Those who approve of account trading, in my mind, don't give a crap about the tracker itself.

How do you think it makes someone like Stoi or Brandon feel when they see people trade their hard work for something else, in hopes to "move up the ladder?" So many people take for granted the time and effort admins put into a site to make it what it is.

Dark Archon
02-24-2008, 08:13 PM
trackers invites should not be traded, let alone accounts.

SgtMajor
I wouldn't have seen this poll if I hadn't notice Benchez had posted last in this forum on the previous BT page, I was curious as to what he posting in, as I hardly ever visit here any more.

It needs to be mirrored on the main BT forum, with only voting once as the pre-requisite for voting of course, so that others that don't venture in here any more also get the chance to vote, it affects the whole BT forum, not just the invites forum.

Watch all the class newbs vote yes, and the rest no.

PRINCE
sure NO
i think that big mistake when any one try trade accounts:yup:

Brandon
02-24-2008, 08:16 PM
lol, this is by far the WORST place to ask this question... ur posting in a trading forum whether or not acct trading should be allowed. Who u think looks at this forum section the most? ;)

That's like me going to bar and asking if alcohol should be served.

pone44
02-24-2008, 08:19 PM
Never traded.. But if someone has a great giveaway for a account it decieves some members here, i do not know if it is a mod from the track looking for good member's or not, if not i do not agree with Account giveaway's done such as guess my name-ect, You can post up the best proofs but some new member will win? I will not really participate in them anymore because of this..Staff here and at the specific track should decide. Some track's do not care @ all ,other's are no joke with that!

Polarbear
02-24-2008, 08:22 PM
lol, this is by far the WORST place to ask this question... ur posting in a trading forum whether or not acct trading should be allowed. Who u think looks at this forum section the most? ;)

i was thinking the same: http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-poll-account-trading-280391

jonny81985

LOL good point, this one really made me laugh

Crutavv
I vote NO!

dunson
02-24-2008, 08:23 PM
The results indicate otherwise though. Very close so far.

zallofa
02-24-2008, 08:23 PM
i said yes , no problem in this ...in real life , if any country has much of some kinds of any commodity it trade it with the other country . we shouldn't buy every invite we need and then we find it not suitable for us , so what will i do ? sure will trade it as soon as i don't use it .

Brandon
02-24-2008, 08:28 PM
Accounts are personal. They were given to you by a friend, or someone that trusted you and wanted to share with YOU.. You do not own the account, which is why you can be disabled at any time for any reason.. Therefore technically you do not have the right to give that account away for any reason.

Should it be allowed? No. Not respectfully at least unless FST wants a lot of enemies who have a lot of influence. Should you FST users want FST to allow it? I would say no.. Why? It creates a hostile environment, and with the recent changes in certain deals made between FST and other staff, there's already an underground staff link that's now effectively trading your (yes, you users) info, including your IP's, your emails, etc. In the long run, this is a bad thing because pretty soon even invite traders will be easily caught and then you also will be pissed off when a trade goes bad and you get nothing out of it.

pro267
02-24-2008, 08:29 PM
No, account trading should not be permitted for reasons others have and most likely will articulate much better than me. I just want to add a few points to what others will surely be said, and direct it to those members who are contemplating which way to vote in this thread. Try to think about the future when they vote - what kind of FST they want to be part of:

* Do you want to see tracker staff here on FST, hanging around with everyone and helping people or do you want them to feel hurt and alienated?
* Are you ready to be hunted down by trackers' staff just because you're an FST member, because that's the way this is going lately since the whole CR issue started, in case you haven't been paying attention.
* Do you want to endorse an approach that cultivates breaking tracker rules, cheating and scamming, or would you rather hold your head up high and be considered a valuable member of a community?

This is your chance to make FST better, more friendly and close to the tracker communities which it is supposed to support. This is a chance to return FST to the days when it was a respectable forum where people could get to almost any tracker they wanted just by proving themselves as valuable members here.

So, do you want FST to become just another trading forum or do you want to make it a great forum?

PirateEagle
02-24-2008, 08:31 PM
Accounts are personal. They were given to you by a friend, or someone that trusted you and wanted to share with YOU.. You do not own the account, which is why you can be disabled at any time for any reason.. Therefore technically you do not have the right to give that account away for any reason.

Should it be allowed? No. Not respectfully at least unless FST wants a lot of enemies who have a lot of influence. Should you FST users want FST to allow it? I would say no.. Why? It creates a hostile environment, and with the recent changes in certain deals made between FST and other staff, there's already an underground staff link that's now effectively trading your (yes, you users) info, including your IP's, your emails, etc. In the long run, this is a bad thing because pretty soon even invite traders will be easily caught and then you also will be pissed off when a trade goes bad and you get nothing out of it.
+1
you say everything nothing to more add :D

btw my vote also goes for NO not only for acc trading and invite trading too ;) since invites meant to be free and to invite only that you know and trust ;)

Polarbear
02-24-2008, 08:34 PM
No, account trading should not be permitted for reasons other have and will articulate much better than me. I just want to add a few points to what others will surely say, and this is intended for those who are contemplating which way to vote in this thread. Try to think about the future when they vote - what kind of FST they want to be part of:

* Do you want to see tracker staff here on FST, hanging around with everyone and helping people or do you want them to feel hurt and alienated?
* Are you ready to be hunted down by trackers' staff just because you're an FST member, because that's the way this is going lately since the whole CR issue started, in case you haven't been paying attention.
* Do you want to endorse an approach that cultivates breaking of tracker rules, cheating and scamming, or would you rather hold your head up high and be considered a valuable member of a community?

This is your chance to make FST better, more friendly and close to the tracker communities which it is supposed to support. This is a chance to return FST to the days when it was a respectable forum where people could get to almost any tracker they wanted just by proving themselves as valuable members here.

So, do you want FST to become just another trading forum or do you want to make it a great forum?

right on brother. that's the spirit i'm talking about.

VOTE NO - and there will be more staff giveaways again :naughty:

Dark Archon
02-24-2008, 08:36 PM

i concur that, but it's unfortunate that staffers are logging personal details of members without telling us?

bataya
02-24-2008, 08:37 PM
No!

seppypom
02-24-2008, 08:37 PM

I thought the same thing. by the way, bacardi black please!

and BTW, my vote was NO

Grind$oFine
02-24-2008, 08:39 PM
No, and I think the main reasons have been stated by others in this thread. Brandon has definitely cleared up what staff thinks about account transfers and I've also heard many other staff member stating the same thing in other threads.

When it comes down to accounts, if you look at all the torrent sites, not a single one allows account transfers of any kind. In that sense, account transfers could be looked at as equal to ratio cheating, or selling invites.

I understand, in some circumstances, BT users should be allowed to use their own judgment, but FST is a huge influence in the BT world. With all the influence, FST should take the responsibility of adopting UNIVERSAL tracker rules.

FileZ
02-24-2008, 08:41 PM
yes

this forum not related to any site
every one can trade anything

Polarbear
02-24-2008, 08:42 PM
here's another thing to think about for all you invite seekers:

90% of the people who have memberships on high level trackers on fst were invited by staff - not by account traders.

stopping account trading will actually raise your chances of getting invites to the trackers most of you dream of!

KFlint
02-24-2008, 08:43 PM
voted no

and removed the useless +1 posts...

SCR
02-24-2008, 08:50 PM
Agree!

KFlint
02-24-2008, 08:51 PM

90% of the people who have memberships on high level trackers were invited by staff - not by account traders.

stopping account trading will actually raise your chances of getting invites to the tracker most of you dream of!

indeed, and even if you manage to find a deal to those rarest trackers, probability are highly against you that this account will survive, and your are risking your personnal infos to be passed on to other trackers

add to that scamming, cheating and a whole lot of crap that often come with account trading

znik
02-24-2008, 08:51 PM
If you ask the FST members who spend their time on the lounge section what they think about the invite section, they will tell you it's the kindergarten of FST. :P

Posting this poll in the section "Everything Related to the Board" would definitely had a different result.

Anyway, apparently the answer is NO (both for account trades and giveaways), and that is something the traders should realize, since their life will become much more difficult if the situtation remains as is.

The problem is that it will also have a bad impact on nontraders, since there is already a vendetta between FST and trackers.

Think twice before casting your vote.

SCR
02-24-2008, 08:56 PM
If you ask the FST members who spend their time on the lounge section what they think about the invite section, they will tell you it's the kindergarten of FST. :P

Posting this poll in the section "Everything Related to the Board" would definitely had a different result.

Anyway, apparently the answer is NO (both for account trades and giveaways), and that is something the traders should realize, since their life will become much more difficult if the situtation remains as is.

The problem is that it will also have a bad impact on nontraders, since there is already a vendetta between FST and trackers.

Think twice before casting your vote.
Actually "kindergarten" is the good way to put it .. it is more like : bittard section (and they are 100% right .)

C-mos
02-24-2008, 08:57 PM
Noooooooo

BReal13
02-24-2008, 08:58 PM
, but it's unfortunate that staffers are logging personal details of members without telling us?

I don't agree with this too

Something Else
02-24-2008, 09:00 PM
it's unfortunate that staffers are logging personal details of members without telling us?

:lol: Are you joking. :unsure:
Why would they tell you. :slap:

Voted NO.

sokrates
02-24-2008, 09:01 PM
it would be a nice move of fst, if acc trades wouldnt be allowed anymore. it was expressed before by others much more eloquent than me ;)
i know there are some guys who think there is no other way than trading. and if a newbie sees so many acc trades going on, he will think its ok bc everybody is doing it. and think about all the spam that will be gone :P

kingrob
02-24-2008, 09:04 PM

i concur that, but it's unfortunate that staffers are logging personal details of members without telling us?

i think you have not understood what he said BT staff would never log your info as such but if you are trading accounts when you get cault on 1 site we share this info with other sites and have your accounts banned every where we can
why ?
well thats easy to explain when you trade an account you are breaking the agreement you made with the torrent sites you are on so why should we not get you banned every where you have no respect for the sites anyway they are just cards to you to be traded away for better ones

account trading leads to nothing but bad news for the user and the sites involed and should be stopped every where

edit:this is not meant to be directed at you Tiantian

SgtMajor
02-24-2008, 09:07 PM
Just to remind you how the last poll went:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-account-trading-good-bad-219087

So maybe now something will be done.

And this poll should have been closed to new members of 2008, since most that will see this poll would have only signed up for the sole purpose of account trading, that would have give this forum a better balance of what members who are here for longer really weant from this forum.

znik
02-24-2008, 09:10 PM
Positive votes should be counted as half, since most traders have double FST accounts (to say the least) and will vote more than once. :P

The Gladiator
02-24-2008, 09:15 PM
Positive votes should be counted as half, since most traders have double FST accounts (to say the least) and will vote more than once. :P

I'm a trader and i don't have double accs :dry:

kaffeine
02-24-2008, 09:18 PM
Voted NO obviousement. And that includes account giveaways as well. Many have already given the same reasons I would, so i'm not going to repeat.

Something Else
02-24-2008, 09:18 PM

I find it hard to believe you. :dabs:

SgtMajor
02-24-2008, 09:22 PM

It's ok, I voted no 3 times to balance things out. :bleh:

lapc
02-24-2008, 09:22 PM
i dont think though theres any problem
yep

The Gladiator
02-24-2008, 09:23 PM

:O Can i ask you why?

$SnoopDo2G$
Voted No... but for acc giveaway i don't know if this should be allowed in certain cases...

Kyl3KK
I voted no 6 times :P

The Gladiator
02-24-2008, 09:25 PM
Voted No... but for acc giveaway i don't know if this should be allowed in certain cases...

The "no" should be for the both cases, trading and giveaways.

BamZow
02-24-2008, 09:27 PM
Voted "no" only because I´ve already collected them all.

bikernin
02-24-2008, 09:27 PM
i know this poll was created to find out what the users of FST want. there will always be plenty of users voting yes. but the question remains as to who is more important? the tracker staff, who will only be hurt if such a decision is made? or the newcomers here who want to trade accounts? if FST has to continue being a great forum, it is extremely important to get the support of the tracker staff. hence, i am surprised that such a question was even raised in the first place. anyone who has been around torrents long enough and has any love for the communities they are part of will try and do everything they can to stop account trading

The Gladiator
02-24-2008, 09:29 PM
Voted "no" only because I´ve already collected them all.

:lol: That's a great reason definitely :)

$SnoopDo2G$
02-24-2008, 09:33 PM

The "no" should be for the both cases, trading and giveaways.

yeah i said no for both but you know exceptions can be made in certain particular rare cases like it happend to me once, someone couldn't give me an invite to a tracker then the guy gave me his acc... because he wasn't using much and now that tracker isn't even allowing invites or such...
so in a way it's a great thing and no one cheated or whatsoever...:happy:
You got my point ?

Something Else
02-24-2008, 09:39 PM

Yep, I don't trust you. :smilie4:

bikernin
02-24-2008, 09:44 PM
membership on a tracker is a privilege. most trackers need you to fulfill certain requirements until you get invites. having invites simply means that you have done enough to gain the power to let other people into the tracker. its a kind of appreciation or recognition given to you that you are a good user. anyone can giveaway or trade an account once they get in! you simply dont have the right to let someone else use that tracker.
lets say you had a party and sent out invitations to all the friends who you wanted to come. but one of them couldnt make it, so he gave the invite to a bum on the street. how would you feel? thats what you do when you trade/giveaway accounts
but if you had a very good friend who wanted to get someone along, he would ask you for permission and you would probably say yes. thats exactly what happens when trackers allot invites for you.

The Gladiator
02-24-2008, 09:44 PM

Yep, I don't trust you. :smilie4:

:lol: No problem, you don't need to trust me, we can use a middleman :P

@$SnoopDo2g$

I got it :)

bikernin
02-24-2008, 09:45 PM
oops.. double post :P

Swift
02-24-2008, 09:47 PM
NO deffinetly Stopped tradeing :)

User300
02-24-2008, 09:48 PM
Yes

aysomc
02-24-2008, 10:00 PM
i dont think they should be, acct giveaways or trades are insanely disrespectful to a tracker and its staff.

SgtMajor
02-24-2008, 10:00 PM
It would be interesting to see the breakdown of those who have been here for longer than 3 months.

The only ones I see saying yes are those who joined within the last 3 months.

Cabalo
02-24-2008, 10:01 PM
In fact i am very much against account trading, but i voted yes, it should be allowed.

And why is this, u ask? because the fact is that people that really want to trade an account will do it, no matter if it is here or at another place, and the probability of finding more "dangerous" users to a tracker is probably higher than here, that many people know each other, and a lot of staff roams at the invites section.

All in all, continuing to allow trading accounts here will minimize the risk of unwanted users joining a tracker, which is far higher at some other places. Think of it as an instrument for tracker's staff.
Ok, some won't get caught, but the ones that escape probably aren't as much of an issue if they come from a place where everyone knows everyone and that if u mess up after a trade, your ass is fried.

There will always be account trading, whether be it here or somewhere else.

just my 2 cents

TheDog
02-24-2008, 10:07 PM
my vote: NO

aysomc
02-24-2008, 10:09 PM
yea its very clear while reading through this that the huge majority of members who have stuck around here even after they have everything they want and need are saying no. 3 months from now see how many people who said yes are still active here compared to the people who said no, just from the looks of it and past experience the people voting yes will probably be gone within a few weeks/months anyways. whatever though, i have a hard time believing that FST will ever say acct trading isnt allowed.

GoLDeN
02-24-2008, 10:15 PM
I Don't Give A Fuck But I Think That There Shouldn't Be A Rule Against Account Trades After All Its Trader Right To Trade What They Want And Its Trackers Staffers To Disable Them I Think That This Is Fair Enough

puckface
02-24-2008, 10:19 PM
Yes. Period.

Quote from Skizo:
We don't owe you anything.

We don't owe any tracker anything.

Our main focus is FST, nothing else. That focus includes helping our members and being an informative resource for file sharing information all-around. The CR rank was all give on our part and required absolutely nothing from you or any other tracker staff member. You should be happy that it lasted as long as it did as you all got what you wanted and didn't have to do anything to get it.

Basically he is saying that FST has no business and does not care what tracker rules are, that nothing is required and FST is the main focus. If this is true, this poll should not even be here.

Even thinking about not allowing trading is catering to others, especially tracker admins.

Make up your own damn minds first, then maybe ask users via polls.

EDIT: predictably, a vast majority of those against trading, here and in the forums are those who already have the trackers they want, and some possibly who have ditched their old accounts that they traded with and have become "anti" or "non-trader"... because they have nothing to trade for.

$SnoopDo2G$
02-24-2008, 10:20 PM
~~~Non Trader~~~ ^^ :lol:

znik
02-24-2008, 10:21 PM
Cabalo so basically what you are telling us is that since it is allowed for example on ebay to trade accounts for money and it is doomed to happen, why not even let it happen here as well, in a cozy enviroment.
Right? :O

ZurdO
02-24-2008, 10:24 PM
Yes

puckface
02-24-2008, 10:27 PM

me? If so, youre sadly mistaken.

$SnoopDo2G$
02-24-2008, 10:29 PM

me? If so, youre sadly mistaken.

looool

read " GoLDeN " usertitle... :shifty:
and i was refering to his post...:whistling
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-should-acct-trades-allowed-here-post2688945/postcount70

Skiz
Yes. Period.

Quote from Skizo:

Our main focus is FST, nothing else. That focus includes helping our members and being an informative resource for file sharing information all-around. The CR rank was all give on our part and required absolutely nothing from you or any other tracker staff member. You should be happy that it lasted as long as it did as you all got what you wanted and didn't have to do anything to get it.

Basically he is saying that FST has no business and does not care what tracker rules are, that nothing is required and FST is the main focus. If this is true, this poll should not even be here.

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

Making a point that we owe them nothing and saying we don't care at all about their rules are two completely different ideals.

Something Else
EDIT: predictably, a vast majority of those against trading, here and in the forums are those who already have the trackers they want, and some possibly who have ditched their old accounts that they traded with and have become "anti" or "non-trader"... because they have nothing to trade for.

I think that's very ignorant and subjective.

barral01
02-24-2008, 10:30 PM
Yes.

$SnoopDo2G$
02-24-2008, 10:32 PM
Making a point that we owe them nothing and saying we don't care at all about their rules are two completely different ideals.

:cool: eXactly !

puckface
02-24-2008, 10:32 PM
Yes. Period.

Quote from Skizo:

I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.

now that you clarify, thats fine, but thats how it sounded to me. so thanks for setting me straight.

so let me ask this, if trading gets taken away, will giveaways also be banned since a lot of trackers say that you should only give your invites to people you know personally? Not to mention account giveaways.

pro267
02-24-2008, 10:35 PM
predictably, a vast majority of those against trading, here and in the forums are those who already have the trackers they want
You're confusing cause and effect mate.
It's because those members don't trade that they have the high level accounts, not the other way around.

so let me ask this, if trading gets taken away, will giveaways also be banned since a lot of trackers say that you should only give your invites to people you know personally?
According to OP's post this poll is only about account trading (and I guess account giveaway). Invites trading/giveaway was not mentioned.

$SnoopDo2G$
02-24-2008, 10:36 PM
will giveaways also be banned since a lot of trackers say that you should only give your invites to people you know personally?

erm...:blink::wacko: weird...

Artemis
02-24-2008, 10:41 PM
I like most of the older members here voted no, of course I vote no, I can see the wider picture, allowing a/c trading here has hardened the attitudes of the tracker staff, that you so want to join, there are no more staff giveaways, do you see staff helping in the bt help threads any more? Think about it from a larger perspective rather than your own personal wants, if the situation continues then when an a/c trader is found his a/c's will disappear on a network of trackers.
Simply put a/c trading hurts the integrity of the trackers, therefore they will actively hunt a/c traders period. Unlike puckface I believe that FST is apart of the BT community and it now has the choice to be a forum that helps the community or can descend into a trading forum.
If it becomes purely a trading forum then the staff participation will purely be to track traders and notify those that have been caught that their a/c is gone and that other a/c's will shortly follow, this situation I personally will be sad to see, even in this section staff used to participate as much as the users, but do you see Brandon or Vidde laughing and joking here anymore ?
As others have said think carefully before you vote, and think not just of yourselves and what you want in the short term but what is best for FST and the BT community as a whole.

puckface
02-24-2008, 10:41 PM
so let me ask this, if trading gets taken away, will giveaways also be banned since a lot of trackers say that you should only give your invites to people you know personally?

According to OP's post this poll is only about account trading (and I guess account giveaway). Invites trading/giveaway was not mentioned.

Thank you sir. But, Im just bringing up an alternate point. The point being.. Rules are Rules.

fazzy07
02-24-2008, 10:44 PM
No

Recently I have lost a lot of respect towards fst and how their staff handles stuff

They pointed out that they dont care about the trackers which is really the base for fst

Well if they dont give respect they wont earn respect

Skiz
02-24-2008, 10:53 PM
No

Recently I have lost a lot of respect towards fst and how their staff handles stuff

They pointed out that they dont care about the trackers which is really the base for fst

That is not the base of FST. :wacko:

The Invites section is just one of many sections. Have you seen the rest of the forum? :unsure:

fazzy07
02-24-2008, 10:56 PM
No

That is not the base of FST. :wacko:

The Invites section is just one of many sections. Have you seen the rest of the forum? :unsure:

Yeah I did and yet more then 60-70% of activity is in the bittorrent section

sear
02-24-2008, 11:20 PM
I say no...for all the reasons stated above which I don't see the need to repeat ad nauseum. I would like to add that it shouldn't be allowed for the simple reason that it lowers FST's rep in the BT community. It paints it's members in such a light where they have to fear for their tracker accounts just for being a member.

Anyone who truly cares about the direction of this forum should want it to have a better reputation and relationship with trackers, right? It's interesting that znick called it a vendetta in many ways that's true. I'll just remind you a vendetta is often a fight to the death.

GRB23
02-24-2008, 11:27 PM
i say NO

mrnobody
02-24-2008, 11:42 PM
Does it really matter?

I mean regardless of w/e you do, people with intention of trading WILL trade (that includes account). Yes, of course, making "no account trading" official will minimize it but will it really stop account trading? I don't think so. Let's not forget the CR rules we had a while ago. FSTers were not allowed to trade certain accounts but i am sure it didn't stop it. Often traders used vague words to bypass the rules: "lvl 9 account", "have good offer"...can u really say whether that is an account or an invite? Likely not. In addition to that, FST isn't the only forum that allows trading so even if you do ban account trading, it still will NOT stop account trading in the WHOLE BT community. Traders can go somewhere else (unless that is what you (FST staff) want). Moreover, i am sure 99.9% trader already know trading (account as well as invite) is already against tracker rule. If they don't wanna follow tracker rule, what on blue hell makes u think they will follow FST rule?

BTW, why are we voting for or against "account trading", why not "trading" as a whole instead? Sounds much like a per-planned stuff to me. If majority vote "yes" then probably it will still be allowed. If it's other way, then the new rule (no account trading) can be cheap bargain for CR stuff? That way, FSTer can trade happily and CR are happy as well. Oh wait, it's human nature "we can't get enough". So what makes u think, those who oppose account trading will be quite after this? I mean, most who oppose account trading already oppose invite trading so does that mean trading as a whole will be banned from FST? If so, what's next, baning giveaway or better yet colasping the whole bittorrent invite section?

Lastly, if this is an attempt to make up for CR stuff, i think it's pathetic. If this is the evolution of FST (going for what majority believe) then :thumbsup:

P.S. I am a non-trader but since i saw many "no" post i though i would speak for the other side.

P.P.S. my vote is "NO".

:drunk:

DKre8ive1
02-24-2008, 11:42 PM
I voted no due to the fact that I seen what can happen when a user trades and account and then ends up blacklisted because his ip/email/nick is attached to it.

Example: User A has an account and gives or trades it to user B then user B turns around and sells it on some forum or Ebay and gets caught. I know you know what happens next which is user B and users A info is gather all up and passed around to bunch of sites and gets blacklisted and on some sites that could even affect a third person since some sites hold the inviter responsible.

Then you have user A coming back to the staff asking why he was banned from site A, B, and C, not knowing what happened and thats when you have to break the bad news to him that he is now known as an account seller which in my eyes are the scum of the BT community.

It really sucks when this kind of thing happens because maybe the original owner meant no harm but then again its a lesson learned.

Cabalo
02-24-2008, 11:44 PM
Cabalo so basically what you are telling us is that since it is allowed for example on ebay to trade accounts for money and it is doomed to happen, why not even let it happen here as well, in a cozy enviroment.
you can't compare FST to ebay, it's a very poor comparison you are making.
I won't call it cozy here, i would call it a lesser public place and, as a community here, way more contained.
I think that anyone that reads what i type at least using 1 open eye will understand this point of view.

(sorry for not using smilies on my text)

WarrenBuffet
02-24-2008, 11:47 PM
ohhh, its a really close call ATM,

95 to 99

KFlint
02-24-2008, 11:50 PM
Does it really matter?

I mean regardless of w/e you do, people with intention of trading WILL trade (that includes account). Yes, of course, making "no account trading" official will minimize it but will it really stop account trading? I don't think so. Let's not forget the CR rules we had a while ago. FSTers were not allowed to trade certain accounts but i am sure it didn't stop it. Often traders used vague words to bypass the rules: "lvl 9 account", "have good offer"...can u really say whether that is an account or an invite? Likely not. In addition to that, FST isn't the only forum that allows trading so even if you do ban account trading, it still will NOT stop account trading in the WHOLE BT community. Traders can go somewhere else (unless that is what you (FST staff) want). Moreover, i am sure 99.9% trader already know trading (account as well as invite) is already against tracker rule. If they don't wanna follow tracker rule, what on blue hell makes u think they will follow FST rule?

BTW, why are we voting for or against "account trading", why not "trading" as a whole instead? Sounds much like a per-planned stuff to me. If majority vote "yes" then probably it will still be allowed. If it's other way, then the new rule (no account trading) can be cheap bargain for CR stuff? That way, FSTer can trade happily and CR are happy as well. Oh wait, it's human nature "we can't get enough". So what makes u think, those who oppose account trading will be quite after this? I mean, most who oppose account trading already oppose invite trading so does that mean trading as a whole will be banned from FST? If so, what's next, baning giveaway or better yet colasping the whole bittorrent invite section?

Lastly, if this is an attempt to make up for CR stuff, i think it's pathetic. If this is the evolution of FST (going for what majority believe) then :thumbsup:

P.S. I am a non-trader but since i saw many "no" post i though i would speak for the other side.

P.P.S. my vote is "NO".

and i thought you were only spamming over here, nice post ;)

grimms
02-24-2008, 11:59 PM
Like i stated various times over. Account trading should be prohibited. Just give harsh infractions or ban users completely, who impose on the rules and decide not to follow them. I'm not 100% against invite trading, but I stopped doing that long, long ago, when i was educated on how it is perceived to be trading and I was new to the bittorrent world(So now i'm against it as well). Account trading can not be tolerated at all ever, under any circumstances. It's vile to the Bittorrent Community(The person who gets the newly traded account, did not earn the right to it or initially set up that account). Thats my two sense on this issue. Sweet and short. No 6 page rants.

90% of the people who have memberships on high level trackers on fst were invited by staff - not by account traders.

stopping account trading will actually raise your chances of getting invites to the trackers most of you dream of!

Yes, yes, yes, yes. Sticky that whole post.

I voted NO NO NO.

mrnobody
02-25-2008, 12:15 AM
and i thought you were only spamming over here, nice post ;)

u thought right :lol:

mera
02-25-2008, 12:30 AM
I vote NO

Since joining FST, I've learned a lot in this space of time about BT and trackers through the knowledge that members have kindly shared here.
In a way it opened my eyes but it never changed my opinion that being a member of a tracker is a privilege. When you join a tracker, you agree to adhere to the rules and most, if not all trackers ban trading accounts and even invites.

A place like FST where you have a community means there will be differing interests and balancing these interests maybe a delicate task but I think we shouldn't lose sight of the big picture, so I heartily agree with what Artemis has said below:-

As others have said think carefully before you vote, and think not just of yourselves and what you want in the short term but what is best for FST and the BT community as a whole.

Night0wl
02-25-2008, 12:33 AM
you can't compare FST to ebay, it's a very poor comparison you are making.
I won't call it cozy here, i would call it a lesser public place and, as a community here, way more contained.
I think that anyone that reads what i type at least using 1 open eye will understand this point of view.

(sorry for not using smilies on my text)

Why not. It's exactly the same thing. Highest bidder gets it.

A says he has high level account/invite and to post or PM. B, C, D and E give him offers. D gets it because he offered what was worth most to A.

-------

I say ban both account trading and giveaways.

Exception should be giveaways specifically allowed by staff

kyrcer
02-25-2008, 12:33 AM
Big NO

znik
02-25-2008, 12:39 AM
Does it really matter?

P.P.S. my vote is "NO".

squirr3l I think we all agree that account trading is much worse than invite trading.

If trackers wanted to control better invite trading, it would be easy for them to change the way they are offering invites to their members, or lock their invitation system altogether.

Let's assume that account trades were not allowed here.
Would it really matter if someone offered an "its" with closed invitation system and didn't mention whether it was an account or invite?
It would be pretty obvious that it would be an account, since there wouldn't be any invites and thus, violating the FST rules (apart from the trackers' rules)

Remember that trackers can easily track you down regardless if FST is a jungle or not, and that will be more possible if you piss them off and make them put all their efforts into that.

Not allowing account trades would be a decisive first step in the right direction. A gesture of good will towards the trackers in general (and not only those that came into an agreement) and I believe trackers wouldn't be ungrateful to that, since FST would take some load of work out of their shoulders. (and out of the shoulders of their middlemen :P)

(*) and we don't care if account traders would continue somewhere else.
Do you really care for example if drugs are sold somewhere else or if they are sold within your house? :dabs:

grimms
02-25-2008, 12:40 AM
If I were FST I would only allow request's from all fst members(Not a request for an account only an invite)after 3 months of being a member here(this will weave out all the non serious members and traders). Also have specific giveaway's approved by FST staff from BT staff only(Not members).

edit: good point znik about the drugs being sold.

tusks
02-25-2008, 12:40 AM
I vote yes. I don't trade because I have no reason to but who cares if others trade? I don't think that banning it will change anything. I agree with squirr3l: Those who want to trade will trade. I'm sure already that there are plenty of people who belong to other trading communities and come here and say, "Oh gosh, I never trade, I'm a good guy" but in reality, they're off trading accounts on another forum. Banning trading here will just encourage trading in other places. So who cares?

Detale
02-25-2008, 12:42 AM
No

Well if they dont give respect they wont earn respect

Wow how we handle stuff!? what "stuff" do you mean? Pleas be a bit more specific before throwing things around like this also the word "They" we are staff here and ALL have respect for other staffers but it doesn't always mean we agree

1000possibleclaws
02-25-2008, 12:43 AM
I don't at all support account trading, but i think we should be pro-choice so i voted yes. i think people should have the option to trade accounts without being warned.

psychophil
02-25-2008, 12:43 AM
I agree with Grimms.:fst:
Also I struggle with trades as really don't have any high level trackers to use in a trade.:(

amade
02-25-2008, 12:49 AM
I'm for allowing trading. However, PLEASE IN A SEPARATE FORUM (it's too confusing - why not separate section only for GA and another separate section only for trade?)

stoi
02-25-2008, 12:54 AM
My 2 cents before i go to bed.

There are way to many bad reasons to list, on why giveaways/invite trading/account trading is a bad thing on a public forum.

But. shit happened and we have to deal with it, If FST took away the invite section, then another one would pop up in its place somewhere else.

I quite like this place, as a forum and a place to chat with like minded members and other staffers of torrent sites, and the staff from here as well.

I dont come here to go on a hunt for bad members every day.

But, if i see anyone doing something bad in regards to BCG, i will do my level best to find out who they are and ban them from my site.

The problem is with all of the above. The staff on these trackers are trusting you with an account or an invite, we believe your a good member, hence why you got the invite in the first place (or were invited by another good member).

If you then turn around and do the above on a public forum, it just doesnt look good to the staff of those trackers, as we think you should have better judgement than that.

But saying that, FST and similar sites are here to stay.

But.. if you do any of the above on here, and get your account disabled, dont come crying to the tracker staff, it was your fault for doing what you did on here (some trackers are stricter than others).

There also seems to be a lot more scamming going on these days. Remember if you cant change the Email or the Passkey on the account (and that includes BCG) DO NOT trade for it, as in all likely hood, you will get scammed, or disabled anyway. (some may slip through the net, but not many)

So do i think FST should Allow trading of accounts, No i dont.

But on the other hand, if they do keep them, and trackers end up banning a lot of members from here for doing it, then dont get pissed off at the tracker staff.

Neo
02-25-2008, 01:07 AM
I totally agrre with what squirr3l has said. Having said this let me just add...

The point here is should FST have an invite forum at all.

I noticed that many that voted no also added " no trader here " and things like that. The issue that is really beeing debated here is if, in the end, we should give/trade invites/accounts at all.

Saying "trading accounts" is just a mild way of starting to get to the bottom of this cause we can't think of anything much worser than trading accounts, can we? It will even make a few of us that actually have rep points vote "no". It's clever.

But bear with me... if this is about tracker rules let´s not get hypocritical here. Most main trackers consider breaking their rules giving away invites. If you want to respect trackers rules you can't "half respect" them. Either you do or you don't. Any "half measure" is either a first stage to total banishement of the invite section ( which is, of course, what most members that voted 'no' want ) or just doesn't make any sense at all.

Now, if you told me that there was to be some kind of compromise between FST and tracker's staff that would be a totally different thing. At least the poll would make sense. If, for instance, banning the trading/giving of accounts would allow FST to have an invite forum without having tracker's staff all over it that would make some sense although I don't see how that could be guaranteed... Anyway, is there a formal compromise? Even only the start of something remotely close to a compromise?

What I am definitelly against is not knowing where we really stand... worse... where the FST staff stands on this and I can't see how a poll started under these circunstances can help us getting anywhere.

It seems that you guys are divided among those who believe that the best is to just give in to tracker's pressure and those who have a more commercial view on the issue and know perfectly well that every time we look at the main board half of the FST population is dwelling on the bitorrent section and that most of those are regular visitors of the invites sub-forum. IMHO, there is, unfortunatelly, no middle ground here ( unless something like I said above is actually possible)

I'm talking as an FST member debating an FST problem because I think that is what this really is. We can open another poll/thread if we want to discuss tracker's concerns.

TP635
02-25-2008, 01:12 AM
*If FST want some respect from tracker staff; it should respect trackers rules. a yes to the poll means a mid-finger pointing upward to the tracker rule and staff.
*If this is forum is made venue for treading Acct. there is little different is this forum allow the discussion of cheat scrips and how best to cheat. Both break tracker rules and both lead to a ban.
*This forum is a great place to learn about filesharing; don't spoil it by teaching people to break the rules. This forum gain nothing if acct threading is allowed; only more threaders and rule breakers. ie meaning problem. We will lost more than we gain.

mrnobody
02-25-2008, 01:16 AM
squirr3l I think we all agree that account trading is much worse than invite trading.

I do agree but i don't think everyone agrees with that. There are many users here who don't see different between account trading and invite trading at all. Hell, there are bunch who don't even perceive trading as bad. "It's my account, it's my invite...i can do w/e i want with it", have we not heard this plenty of times here?

Let's assume that account trades were not allowed here.
Would it really matter if someone offered an ftn/fsc/its with closed invitation system and didn't mention whether it was an account or invite?
It would be pretty obvious that it would be an account, since there wouldn't be any invites and thus, violating the FST rules (apart from the trackers' rules)

I was taking in general, not being specific down to a tracker. btw, iTS invites are open :P

So, what if someone vaugly offers a tracker with open invitation? How are you gonna differentiate between an account trade and invite trade? Should FST staff go through PM of each and every suspects? Should there be another rule that says "be specific with your offer"?

I think there is just too much trouble that comes with this nonsense. Just ban the whole damn trading or let it ALL out.

Not allowing account trades would be a decisive first step in the right direction. A gesture of good will towards the trackers in general (and not only those that came into an agreement) and I believe trackers wouldn't be ungrateful to that, since FST would take some load of work out of their shoulders. (and out of the shoulders of their middlemen :P)

FST staff aren't here to make tracker staff's job easy lol

If they were, they would be giving 'em IP's (which they don't), FST wouldn't have place for traders (when it is), there won't be WIAW thread (which i am sure most tracker staffer dislike), there won't be giveaway for site that do not like giveaway (bitme, bitmetv, what.cd), there won't be thread or post mentioning site that do not like publicity (rabbit, wheel, lossless etc). Leaving all that, how on earth FST staffer see account trading as a way to make tracker staffer's job easy, eh? :naughty:

I have to say that there is at least one favor FST does to tracker staffer. FST brings all trader in one place; that way tracker staff don't have to visit random forum hunting traders instead they can just visit FST and get 'em all here lol

grimms
02-25-2008, 01:27 AM
The only favor i can see is: FST brings all trader in one place, that way tracker staff don't have to visit random forum hunting traders instead they can just visit FST and get 'em all here lol

I agree with you there. I hate the fact that trading could still be around regardless of this polls outcome, but if it is? I think FST should at least consider two seperate sections to quarantine the trading/giveaway problem better.Have strict penalties for trading in the giveaway section and vice versa. This is obviously if FST staff decide to keep things the way they are currently(Which i hope they don't)

Current stats:

yes: 109
no:118

This is a close race folks.

Actatoi
02-25-2008, 01:44 AM
I have to say that there is at least one favor FST does to tracker staffer. FST brings all trader in one place; that way tracker staff don't have to visit random forum hunting traders instead they can just visit FST and get 'em all here lol

That's nowhere like it's now, and why would traders continue staying here if they notice that everyone are getting disabled when trading at FST?

After watching some trackers forum when their users notice trading and such I would say FST are in a minority of those. Atleast for those trackers I'm in. And why not make FST a better place overall for what their userbase wants. If a yes goes through it will make FST's reputation for those that have hated it a small step forward. I mean there are a lot of people still thinking that anyone registered and posting at FST is a bastard. My opinion is that that should change. But It won't, but a yes here would be a little better. I like FST and I enjoy the whole forum, and the 'bit-tard' section. Though not the invite forum lately since it's just too much for me. And It would be nice for me seeing it getting more respect from those people not respecting it.

And I don't get why some are saying that because other forum have shit, why should FST have it as well.

Ps my personal opinion that it's "shit".

Peace Act.

mrnobody
02-25-2008, 01:49 AM
But bear with me... if this is about tracker rules let´s not get hypocritical here. Most main trackers consider breaking their rules giving away invites. If you want to respect trackers rules you can't "half respect" them. Either you do or you don't. Any "half measure" is either a first stage to total banishement of the invite section ( which is, of course, what most members that voted 'no' want ) or just doesn't make any sense at all.

yeah, it's like saying "i somewhat love u" :lol:

Now, if you told me that there was to be some kind of compromise between FST and tracker's staff that would be a totally different thing. At least the poll would make sense. If, for instance, banning the trading/giving of accounts would allow FST to have an invite forum without having tracker's staff all over it that would make some sense although I don't see how that could be guaranteed... Anyway, is there a formal compromise? Even only the start of something remotely close to a compromise?

CR was the type of compromise you are talking about.

But i don't think banning all account trade is a compromise by ANY mean. I agree that some ex-CR will keep their end and let invite trade pass by their nose. However, ALL staffer for sure won't. We have seen ex-CR ignore the CR rule and yet ban FSTer for invite trading so what guarantees that a random staff won't ban just coz FST doesn't allow account trading? They for sure will. In fact, they will get more time to go after invite trader coz there won't be any (very negligible at least) account trader to change after lol

Detale
02-25-2008, 01:49 AM
I totally agrre with what squirr3l has said. Having said this let me just add...

The point here is should FST have an invite forum at all.

I noticed that many that voted no also added " no trader here " and things like that. The issue that is really beeing debated here is if, in the end, we should give/trade invites/accounts at all.

Saying "trading accounts" is just a mild way of starting to get to the bottom of this cause we can't think of anything much worser than trading accounts, can we? It will even make a few of us that actually have rep points vote "no". It's clever.

What I am definitelly against is not knowing where we really stand... worse... where the FST staff stands on this and I can't see how a poll started under these circunstances can help us getting anywhere.

It seems that you guys are divided among those who believe that the best is to just give in to tracker's pressure and those who have a more commercial view on the issue and know perfectly well that every time we look at the main board half of the FST population is dwelling on the bitorrent section and that most of those are regular visitors of the invites sub-forum. IMHO, there is, unfortunatelly, no middle ground here ( unless something like I said above is actually possible)

I'm talking as an FST member debating an FST problem because I think that is what this really is. We can open another poll/thread if we want to discuss tracker's concerns.

" The point here is should FST have an invite forum at all."
Ummmm no the point here, as I started the thread, is to see what the members here wanted.

"Saying "trading accounts" is just a mild way of starting to get to the bottom of this cause we can't think of anything much worser than trading accounts, can we?"

Sure I can think of about 10 but the first one that comes to mind is Account Selling.

"What I am definitelly against is not knowing where we really stand... worse... where the FST staff stands on this and I can't see how a poll started under these circunstances can help us getting anywhere."

Umm we are trying to find out where the members stand here. Wherever the FST staff stand is their business and even if my personal feelings are against some rule here I will do as I always have done and that is protect FST members and Uphold FST rules. What "Circumstances" are you referring to?

" It seems that you guys are divided among those who believe that the best is to just give in to tracker's pressure " What! what does this even mean? FST has NEVER given in to "pressure" from ANY Tracker lets not forget FST has been here before the BT section when it was a Kazza forum so I think you should do some better research before you post seemingly uninformed things like this.

*If FST want some respect from tracker staff; it should respect trackers rules. a yes to the poll means a mid-finger pointing upward to the tracker rule and staff.
*If this is forum is made venue for treading Acct. there is little different is this forum allow the discussion of cheat scrips and how best to cheat. Both break tracker rules and both lead to a ban.
*This forum is a great place to learn about filesharing; don't spoil it by teaching people to break the rules. This forum gain nothing if acct threading is allowed; only more threaders and rule breakers. ie meaning problem. We will lost more than we gain.

Who ever said that FSt wants or cares about respect from tracker staff!?

mrnobody
02-25-2008, 01:58 AM

That's nowhere like it's now, and why would traders continue staying here if they notice that everyone are getting disabled when trading at FST?

i am not good at being sarcastic, am i? ;)

And why not make FST a better place overall for what their userbase wants. If a yes goes through it will make FST's reputation for those that have hated it a small step forward.

key word = If

the poll result says it all.

I mean there are a lot of people still thinking that anyone registered and posting at FST is a bastard. My opinion is that that should change.

Yeah, i have seen people with that attitude but their attitude is non of my business.

edit: sounds like there won't be new rule disallowing account trading :erm:

kirktrix
02-25-2008, 02:16 AM
I voted NO. Here in FST or other BT forums user must be responsible to their accounts.

Neo
02-25-2008, 02:27 AM
[/QUOTE]
" It seems that you guys are divided among those who believe that the best is to just give in to tracker's pressure " What! what does this even mean? FST has NEVER given in to "pressure" from ANY Tracker lets not forget FST has been here before the BT section when it was a Kazza forum so I think you should do some better research before you post seemingly uninformed things like this.
[/quote]

I'm sorry for this statement. I should have, in fact, informed myself better. What I meant ( even with that broken english ) is that there must indeed be a lot of pressure and that your members are in fact beeing hunted down. I also meant that there must be those among you that feel that trading should just disappear altogether... and that there are those that, for various reasons, think it shouldn't. If there was unanimous feeling about this we wouldn't be having this discussion in the first place... I just would like to know what's is the general feeling if there is any.

About the "trading accounts" bit... well, of course there is worse but I guess not here.

The "current circunstances" are everything that has happened lately with the CR stuff and the increased pressure that traders/giveawayers are feeling here and how that should/would mobilize those who are against them in a "let's-finish-them-off" kind of way.

I, myself, don't have a completely formed opinion about this. I'm just trying to discuss it and pointing out some issues that I feel are important. I'm trying to weight the pros and cons of all this.

You addressed parts of my post that are not that well explained or not that well put or even where I'm plainly wrong but I would really like you to also comment on this sentence:

Most main trackers consider breaking their rules giving away invites. If you want to respect trackers rules you can't "half respect" them. Either you do or you don't. Any "half measure" is either a first stage to total banishement of the invite section ( which is, of course, what most members that voted 'no' want ) or just doesn't make any sense at all.

It is because of what is implied by me here that I can't really see the point of the poll... that is if it will be the base for a future FST policy on the issue.

To be very blunt: it is clear now that 'No's' will win, even if by a relatively small margin. May I ask what will happen then.

Cheers.

Neo

Brandon
02-25-2008, 02:28 AM
I sorta skimmed through the last portion of this thread so far.. Some of the posts were long and time is short.. Anyways, I'll comment on some of the earlier posts.

That can go two ways. For a staff members view, we could say it's unfortunate you're trading and or selling/using our invites or accounts as currency without our upfront knowledge. If you play dirty, you can't expect us to not play dirty as well.

I thought the same thing. by the way, bacardi black please!

and BTW, my vote was NO

Right on! :01:

In fact i am very much against account trading, but i voted yes, it should be allowed.

And why is this, u ask? because the fact is that people that really want to trade an account will do it, no matter if it is here or at another place, and the probability of finding more "dangerous" users to a tracker is probably higher than here, that many people know each other, and a lot of staff roams at the invites section.

All in all, continuing to allow trading accounts here will minimize the risk of unwanted users joining a tracker, which is far higher at some other places. Think of it as an instrument for tracker's staff.
Ok, some won't get caught, but the ones that escape probably aren't as much of an issue if they come from a place where everyone knows everyone and that if u mess up after a trade, your ass is fried.

There will always be account trading, whether be it here or somewhere else.

just my 2 cents

I disagree with you on some points. Yes they will do it elsewhere, but it's still getting the scum off at least part of the street so to say. It's like ur saying "people are going to murder no matter what, so why not just let them hang out on the streets?"

At least we know there's one less place on the internet where people are abusing our time, effort, and kindness.

hussam
02-25-2008, 02:29 AM
I think we should create new category called trading and anyone wanna go there has to register for it so will be marked as TRADER lol .

singing_sol
02-25-2008, 02:29 AM
yeah mod detale see when some one has no use of his acc and is wastin it rather he could trade it for some thin he thinks is useful isn't it

stoi
02-25-2008, 02:35 AM
think of it this way, probably not the best analogy but im tired.

You go to a pub with a mate, you buy him a drink, he then turns around and gives that drink to a complete stranger, and goes and gets himself a better drink.

im sure you would think, wtf was going on lol

Tracker staff and your inviter want YOU as a member, not some tom dick or harry you have found elsewhere on the net.

If you dont want your account, delete it or just let it die and get pruned.

sear
02-25-2008, 02:38 AM
I just want to chime in again. There's a lot of talk about this not stopping account trading they'll just go somewhere else. Well as I see it this isn't about somewhere else this is about FST so lets focus on that. The only reason I give a rats about this poll is that I want to see FST improve. I don't like the fact that many in the BT community have a low opinion of FST.

Saying oh well we shouldn't ban it because it will still happen is silly. Nothing will ever get done if everyone says oh well we're going to sit on our hands because the other guy is. Lets focus on FST and let RealPoor and ZP and even worse places worry about what they're doing.

Also for people saying you should ban all trading or allow all trading. Come on life is about compromise. Sure in an ideal world I'd like to see trading vanish, but it aint going to happen. Trading is here to stay and that's it. FST is never ever going to ban trading all together. So what can we do once that point is accepted? We can try to find some middle ground with staff and the BT community. That way the positives of this forum have a chance to shine without all the hate and pettiness.

By ending account trading it shows goodwill on the part of FST and it's members to torrenters everywhere. No one seriously expects it to end completely. Sure it may be done in PM's or whatever but at least FST isn't helping it by allowing it to flourish. I know that BT staff and many disillusioned members would see it as a huge step forward.

silvertec
02-25-2008, 02:38 AM
No,invite was give to that user and that user alone

abe171
02-25-2008, 02:42 AM
I hate trading cos i lost my 1st private account that way.... but on FST ...even when you make a request ..the only replies i get are "wats your offer?"

So theres no choice but to become a trader

pawned
02-25-2008, 02:43 AM
Now this is something I'm sure we all know is a hot topic, especially since we no longer have Community Reps anymore. I have heard it brought up over and over and sure this poll has been taken before, but I want an up to date view of what our members want and to see what could possibly be done about this. Also I know for some this can become a "heated" topic but make no mistake I will not tolerate ANY hostility in this thread only constructive posts please. I have always been for our members so this is your opportunity to show us what FST members want. It is anonymous so don't worry about anyone finding out how you voted.

I salute you for taking this step, maybe i was wrong when i said all FST staffers support trading.

+1 respect

and no account trading should not be allowed well that is the first step to make this a better place but i doubt this will happen anytime soon.

mrnobody
02-25-2008, 02:55 AM

we always have a choice

jonny81985
02-25-2008, 03:00 AM
Wow, I just spent about 50 minutes reading through this topic. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but if you look at it this way maybe it will make more sense. This shouldn't be an argument between tracker staff and BT users. We are all part of the same community. Believe it or not tracker staff are just looking out for our best interest. They arent these nazi's on a rampage just trying to enforce rule after rule on a power strike.

Account trading hurts the tracker, which pisses the staff off, and eventually the user's feel the effects. Basically it hurts everyone in the Bittorrent world. If people could just be patient and not demand they get into every tracker withing a month of signing up here then there wouldnt be a problem

Another point is this, why would want to trade for an account to a place where people like you (who trade accounts) arent welcome? All the top sites people seek are mostly community based. If people really want in for the "community" as they put it then they would respect the communities wishes and not trade accounts.

Maybe a lot of people have trouble with the idea of respect. If you give respect you will recieve it. Alot of these staffers even went as far to look past invite trading (a lesser of two evils) so you traders can do what you want and not face consequence. For the most part they held up their side of the bargain so the least we can do is show them back come mutual respect and not trade accounts. I dont mean not trade because there is a rule not to trade accounts, but out of respect for our BT community.

It boils down to this? Are we here solely for our own best interests, or the best interest of the BT community as a whole? I suggest a lot of you really consider choosing the latter because if not your own selfish ideals will umtimately lead to everyone's downfall. In the end those trackers you so desperately sought out might not even exist anymore. Do you really want that on your shoulders?

Just my 2 cents

Jon

GhostRetired19
02-25-2008, 03:12 AM

+1000 :)

pone44
02-25-2008, 03:17 AM
Some member's were told they can trade certain invites or whatever, those that did not- even though there were offer's in the bt section that maybe w- be a so called good trades but those of us that did not should get credit for that and as Sear said," it makes fst more respected"-trusted for real mod's or admin's offering a invitation to the right member once in a while? Who knows. I would rather have track admin's look good on fst...

stoi
02-25-2008, 03:18 AM

+1000 :)

they are completely different.

You trade an invite, you have to be good on their tracker, they have to be good on your tracker, if not you could both get punished, but the chances are, both will be good (or hopefully they will anyway)

you also both start off with clean accounts, 0 ratio and 0 torrents.

Now trading accounts, and i can only speak for us, but im sure it implies on other trackers as well.

lets say you do sneak past the email change, the passkey change and everything else and you dont get scammed.

The trader might have a 1TB buffer, but if he has Hit and Runs and your a Kitty Litter class, then you have to redownload all his hit and runs and seed them back.

to me trading an account is a lot worse than an invite, and a lot more riskier for the traders concerned.

puckface
02-25-2008, 03:20 AM

so FST is providing my info to others? Or did I read that wrong?

stoi
02-25-2008, 03:22 AM
you read it wrong.

But if 1 tracker bans a trader, they pass the info onto other trackers, who then ban you as well.

thats what Brandon is trying to say, or at least, i have never received any inside info from the FST staff.

abe171
02-25-2008, 03:26 AM
according to the poll 50% want to trade

Maybe FST should like make a divide

one section only for traders ... and another for the rest.... cos some ppl get pissed off when they know your a trader .... they hate traders..... but the fact is if u want to get into higher level trackers .... u need to trade ..... u cant simply jus make request .... "i want to get into Ftn " ....

stoi
02-25-2008, 03:28 AM
surely if your making a request on FST your already a member of FST lol

but on a serious note, who told you, you "have" to trade.

you probably have more chance getting into FTN FSC SCT etc etc etc if you dont trade. it may take awhile but why be impatient and greedy.

sear
02-25-2008, 03:32 AM

one section only for traders ... and another for the rest.... cos some ppl get pissed off when they know your a trader .... they hate traders..... but the fact is if u want to get into higher level trackers .... u need to trade ..... u cant simply jus make request .... "i want to get into FST " ....

you couldn't be more wrong on both of your points. Trading makes it harder to get into your so called high level trackers. Also how is making a traders only section going to help anything. It's still FST.

grimms
02-25-2008, 03:36 AM
Yes. I only got into FSC for being recognized as a good member here. Same with FTN and iTS. So don't say trading accounts is the only solution, that sounds so fabricated. Which it is by the way.

abe171
02-25-2008, 03:40 AM
surely if your making a request on FST your already a member of FST lol

but on a serious note, who told you, you "have" to trade.

you probably have more chance getting into FTN FSC SCT etc etc etc if you dont trade. it may take awhile but why be impatient and greedy.

are u member on either FTN FSC SCT?

so how did u get in? By making a request

stoi
02-25-2008, 03:42 AM
No im not a member of those sites, actually i am only a member of BCG but thats because im the owner of BCG.

But trust me, if you trade and are seen as a trader you have less chance of getting into those sites than if you never traded.

abe171
02-25-2008, 03:43 AM

one section only for traders ... and another for the rest.... cos some ppl get pissed off when they know your a trader .... they hate traders..... but the fact is if u want to get into higher level trackers .... u need to trade ..... u cant simply jus make request .... "i want to get into FST " ....

you couldn't be more wrong on both of your points. Trading makes it harder to get into your so called high level trackers. Also how is making a traders only section going to help anything. It's still FST.

how did u get into the higher level trackers? by making requests?

Something Else
02-25-2008, 03:49 AM
Probably by making friends. There are a lot of people on trackers and forums who, if you make a good impression as a member will help you to reach any other site you may require.
Requesting one on a public forum is not the best way either.
Network with people, help at trackers and forums, be interested in more than getting invites. :smilie4:

sear
02-25-2008, 04:02 AM

benchez has it 100% right. By making friends. For some sites I guess I did "request them" but that was in private to my mates. For others friends just asked if I would like to join. TBH it gets to the point where you turn down invites because you just have no use for them.

The best way to go is to just be a helpful and good member. If you do that here and on the trackers you are already at people will recognise that you're a good member and doors will open for you. There's no need to trade. Just be yourself and have a laugh with some folks and you'll find there's no tracker you can't get in if that is your wish :yup:

supper
02-25-2008, 04:12 AM
where is the freedom of speech :cry:

ONLY coz account tradeing is useless most of the elite trackers can figure out if any account on thier tracker have been traded or not so u will losse any thing u will offer to get an account in return useless relly tested;)

and i hope we will not see (Should invites trades be allowed here) pool in the future

Detale
02-25-2008, 04:12 AM
yeah mod detale see when some one has no use of his acc and is wastin it rather he could trade it for some thin he thinks is useful isn't it
Well some could see it as wasting it but if you delete the acct then that opens up a slot for others to join in their rightful place not taking some used acct. I myself never saw the appeal to someone elses name on your acct. My name on most trackers is pariah and I am proud of that fact I have a good name, no cheating no scamming good ratios etc.Very selfish to get and acct just to leech all you can. I am proud of my ratios on those "harder to seed" sites. The acct was given to you as a user a better description than I could ever give is easily put by one of FST's and BCG's finest Stoi:

think of it this way, probably not the best analogy but im tired.

You go to a pub with a mate, you buy him a drink, he then turns around and gives that drink to a complete stranger, and goes and gets himself a better drink.

im sure you would think, wtf was going on lol

Tracker staff and your inviter want YOU as a member, not some tom dick or harry you have found elsewhere on the net.

If you dont want your account, delete it or just let it die and get pruned.

Awesome explination simple and exact, Thanks Stoi

I salute you for taking this step, maybe i was wrong when i said all FST staffers support trading.

+1 respect

and no account trading should not be allowed well that is the first step to make this a better place but i doubt this will happen anytime soon.

Well I never saw where you said all fst staff support trading, look it at like this Weather or not I personally support trading or not, I will ALWAYS Support FST and her members I do most of my downloading now through News Groups so trackers cannot threaten me with a ban or anything like that. I started this poll simply to get my finger on the current pulse of what our members wanted and just as before it is split basically down the middle. Whatever my or any other member of staff here hold in their personal feelings we all keep to the rules of FST as a whole and will remain undivided. So don't go gettin all mushy on me just yet, but I appreciate it anyway. I thought of a funny thing just now and I hope it hasn't been said before....

They can take away our invites, but they can never take our freedom!!!

we always have a choice
Indeed we ALWAYS do have a choice even if it seems like we dont.

Hey B whats up been a while. Well I don't think the enemies of FST keep any of us up late at night. As long as I'v been here FST has had so called enemies and guess what FST and our members are still here. Enemies is a strong word we have trackers that do not exactly love what we do here but I have an open line of communication with most all of them and even the crazy ones ( you know who you are) are still pretty cool people.

Now lets get something straight FST does not provide our members info to anyone even when asked nicely or threatened. The only case I ever even heard of was when someone was caught selling invites and I dont even know if thats true or not its just what I had heard.

I got every single one of my high level trackers through friends, shit even that homo Sear ( a good friend of mine) got me into a pretty exclusive place.

Night0wl
02-25-2008, 04:14 AM

First of all, change your attitude on levels. Rarity level doesn't make a good tracker. It all depends on what you are after. If you don't like community, don't go for "High Level", you won't be happy when you get there.

Like Benches said, social networking gets you far. Make friends. Don't whine about not be able to get into some tracker.

Be a good user on any tracker you are on. That way people can see that you won't jeopardize their account if they invite you somewhere.

Partake in discussions even though they won't land you an invite anywhere. There doesn't need to be a hidden agenda.

Be helpful to people that need help on some matter. It makes a good impression that you go out of your way to help others.

Do all of this on a regular basis. It doesn't need much effort and it's fulfilling in itself.

jam0980tr
02-25-2008, 04:14 AM
banned acct trades fst (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../tags.php?tag=banned+acct+trades+fst)

I vote No, account trading sucks need to be stoped

stitched
02-25-2008, 04:15 AM
i think acct trades should not be allowed if and only if ALL the community reps wouldnt mind invite trading....since MOST of the community reps think account trading is as good as invite trading then y account trades shouldnt be allowed....
if there can be a mutual respect between community reps and traders then may be there can be a solution to the so called problem called trading....what most of the community reps dont understand is some users mostly traders chose to trade because they dont want to wait for someone to approve of what they are worthy and what they are not-worthy ofit just would simply imply that you are accepting that your inviter is a better man then you are (the invitee),well not exactly but its a lot complicated then that..not that i have never got a free invite ,its not the same everytime some one gets a free invite....but definatly with higher levels come longer foreplay....
if someone can get an account for free rather then giving back something in return anyone would surely accept the free invite but with free invite comes the feeling of being obligated to the inviter,being greatfull,thankfull,listen to all the crap no matter how boring the inviter is,being friends with the inviter even thou you may not like him ...most importantly trying to please the inviter inturn making a fool of one's self most of the times. its one of those things which is very hard to be put in words. and it is a matter of choice i chose to be a (pro) trader and when some one doesnt accept me and respect me for the way i am then i rebel,and stop reading/following rules which doesnt make sense to me and are mostly.when some one makes a rule there are always some people who follow the rule and who dont follow the rule,banning those who dont follow the rules or giving out their ip will not making things any better ,if traders are dealt the same way invite seller and cheaters are dealt with then its probably time to reconsider they way you think or live with fact that trading is something which cant be stopped ,oh you have tried to stop it but you just cant because its not just me who think these rules dont make sense, traders have been here before me.lets not pretend to be blind shall we.

Something Else
02-25-2008, 04:22 AM

Somewhere near the kingdom of joke. :mellow:

supper
02-25-2008, 04:24 AM

Somewhere near the kingdom of joke. :mellow:oh great to hear its still there:w00t:

Night0wl
02-25-2008, 04:27 AM
Somewhere near the kingdom of joke. :mellow:oh great to hear its still there:w00t:

Thanks for one last good laugh before I'm of to sleep :lol:

Artemis
02-25-2008, 04:34 AM

benchez has it 100% right. By making friends. For some sites I guess I did "request them" but that was in private to my mates. For others friends just asked if I would like to join. TBH it gets to the point where you turn down invites because you just have no use for them.

The best way to go is to just be a helpful and good member. If you do that here and on the trackers you are already at people will recognise that you're a good member and doors will open for you. There's no need to trade. Just be yourself and have a laugh with some folks and you'll find there's no tracker you can't get in if that is your wish :yup:

The above post is exactly the way to be invited to sites, network get to know people and then they will appreciate you and staff will notice you, the invites will come themselves from people who believe you would be a good member and an asset to the community.
Another truth at the base of this too is you can then feel pride and be a part of the community and post instead of skulking and leaving hoping the mods didn't notice you log on,yet to be offered an invite because someone thinks you would be a good user and an asset to the tracker, or to have a member of staff contact you and say you are a helpful member I think you would be great on my tracker would you like an invite gives you pride in the community.
This is though for the more patient and community minded of us I suppose, sad but most simply want it RIGHT NOW. In the end though I feel no need to skulk staff know me I can joke and pm them and chat, can the a/c traders ?
You all know that a/c trading hurts the community, and if you don't your blind to the reality, once someone has an a/c that is anonymous they can do what they will with it without fear of consequence, in the end it has nothing to do with them personally so why should they care for it, a/c trading breeds cheating, hit & running and invite selling, by trading a/c's you are allowing and helping these practices to flourish.

Detale
02-25-2008, 04:38 AM

Somewhere near the kingdom of joke. :mellow:

Why, is everything censored on ITS?

Something Else
02-25-2008, 04:56 AM
***, ** ********* ******** ** ****

/fixed :shifty:

jam0980tr
02-25-2008, 05:05 AM
I was thinking 2nd time if fst allow account tradeing, this be easy for bittorrent site catch the people who trade account. Ban them and pass the ip on to the other trackers they know and share the info of the account trades.

but its giveing fst a bad rep allowing account trade

(http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../tags.php?tag=account+trading+poll)

Brandon
02-25-2008, 05:11 AM

Hey B whats up been a while. Well I don't think the enemies of FST keep any of us up late at night. As long as I'v been here FST has had so called enemies and guess what FST and our members are still here. Enemies is a strong word we have trackers that do not exactly love what we do here but I have an open line of communication with most all of them and even the crazy ones ( you know who you are) are still pretty cool people.

Now lets get something straight FST does not provide our members info to anyone even when asked nicely or threatened. The only case I ever even heard of was when someone was caught selling invites and I dont even know if thats true or not its just what I had heard.

Hey bud o/
I agree for the most part, I'm just a bit shocked at how many diff sites are getting in on this whole info trading deal. I'm sure it's not all related souly to FST, but a few of them I talked to were saying that it was so who knows.

And yes, just to verify with Detale, I get no info from staff here.

pawned
02-25-2008, 05:15 AM
***, ** ********* ******** ** ****

/fixed :shifty:

LOL :P

vaidyanath
02-25-2008, 05:56 AM
Yes, accounts trading should be allowed

Dark Archon
02-25-2008, 05:58 AM

I disagree, it's like trading your ID for another person's ID, how immature and irresponsible is that? :dry:

SAM
02-25-2008, 06:01 AM
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
http://www.arabicrecovery.com/UserFiles/Image/addictions/Say%20no%20b.gif

http://www.saynotodope.com/images/REDSayNOlogo.jpg

vaidyanath
02-25-2008, 06:04 AM
I don't see anything wrong in this. It's on people if they like to trade, nobody is forcing. However i don't like fresh account trades.

shmicko
02-25-2008, 06:11 AM

I disagree, it's like trading your ID for another person's ID, how immature and irresponsible is that? :dry:

Exactly, whoever invited you (hopefully) made sure they trusted you. Whoever you traded with is acting on your behalf.. IMO By trading your account, you pretty much saying you dont care about the tracker, who cares about the guys/gals that have put so much time and effort into it. If you care about the scene at all you wouldn't trade.

abe171
02-25-2008, 06:11 AM
@everyone who replied/quote to my previous posts

Honestly speaking .... u guys have never traded a account/invite in your life?

The Wanderer
02-25-2008, 06:17 AM
Voted NO.

Artemis
02-25-2008, 06:20 AM

Honestly speaking there are many here, myself included who have no need to nor have ever traded an invite, if you are unsure look back through my post history :cool:

abe171
02-25-2008, 06:25 AM

Honestly speaking there are many here, myself included who have no need to nor have ever traded an invite, if you are unsure look back through my post history :cool:

was just wondering

cos now-a-days i've seen lots of the so-called good guys(with high reps) have turned into traders

Dark Archon
02-25-2008, 06:27 AM

was just wondering

cos now-a-days i've seen lots of the so-called good guys(with high reps) have turned into traders

that is quite unfortunate, they would lose a lot of respect from many members here :frusty:

supper
02-25-2008, 06:28 AM
honestly if all the traders will gonna be disabled for tradeing invites and accounts so why i should say no in this pool give me a good reason for that if we are gonna to get banned in anyway its like u asking me in which way u like to die:D

SAM
02-25-2008, 06:34 AM
honestly if all the traders will gonna be disabled for tradeing invites and account so why i should say no in this pool give me a good reason for that if we are gonna to get banned in anyway its like u asking me in which way u like to die:D
NO ONE SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT BANNING MEMBERS

YOU DON'T NEED TO DRINK POISON TO KNOW IT'S DEATHLY

supper
02-25-2008, 06:35 AM
honestly if all the traders will gonna be disabled for tradeing invites and account so why i should say no in this pool give me a good reason for that if we are gonna to get banned in anyway its like u asking me in which way u like to die:D
NO ONE SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT BANNING MEMBERSu know what i mean i mean banned or disabled from the torrent tracker not from fst;)

give me a good reason to vote no if any staffer will catch me while tradeing invites or accounts they will ban my ass from there in any way so why i should say yes for tradeing invites and say no for tradeing accounts what is the point relly !!!!!!!!!!!

unless the tracker staff will allowe tradeing invites here and no one will get banned coz of that:whistling

ppl try to understand any trader wont care if he will trade invite or account to get what he want u shouldnt even asked this question in the first place...

SAM
02-25-2008, 06:38 AM
Got You :)

m7b
02-25-2008, 07:03 AM
YES of course

Discretion account

cmZ
02-25-2008, 07:20 AM
Yes

TYPE R
02-25-2008, 07:51 AM
Hell no!!!

SCR
02-25-2008, 08:22 AM
I don't see anything wrong in this. It's on people if they like to trade, nobody is forcing. However i don't like fresh account trades.

Ok here it is : Being a member of a site is a privilege NOT A RIGHT !( this should always be rememberd)and for that privilege all you have to do is to Folow The Rules (more than a fair price for what you get in return) .
I see trackers like other peoples houses (owners,staff and users worked hard to build that place in what it is today without asking anything in return off their work except to follow their rules.) a house were you are a simple guest thanks to a member of the staff or a user that decided you are good enough to stay in their house and invited you there and all they ask for you to do is to Folow The Rules.
Now let`s say you invite me into your house and give me what i need (example : a bed to sleep in ) and after a period i decide to go away but before i go away i decide to give my warm bed into your house to a complete stranger a guy(who might decide to make a move on your wife , steal something from your house...etc.) that you the rightfull owner off the bed don`t know and never heard off .
My questions are :Would you like that? Is something wrong with doing that? Pls Answer this and say iff you see something wrong with account trading now.

TP635
02-25-2008, 08:47 AM
A treader is a treader is a treader is a treader, until he got banned from all trackers or he reformed. I just hope after reading this thread some of the would-be traders change their mind.

predateur
02-25-2008, 08:57 AM
Yes sure, who voted No is againts all trading : invite or account ;)

Night0wl
02-25-2008, 09:33 AM

Never. Back when I didn't know better I came close, but thankfully reading some posts from people more in the know than me, while waiting to get into the invite section, changed my mind about it.

When I first joined here it was to trade to get invited to TT but instead I got every single invite for free.

res0r9lm
02-25-2008, 12:05 PM
I don't trade invites and believe invites should be freely given or not at all

Night0wl
02-25-2008, 01:12 PM
Bump

The people who vote no don't venture this far into the invite section

shmicko
02-25-2008, 01:30 PM
I don't trade invites and believe invites should be freely given or not at all

word!

JGG
02-25-2008, 02:18 PM
Definitely a 'NO!'

Grtz,
JGG

Aliyans
02-25-2008, 03:02 PM
hi
i'm not against acc trading...but not done it also...my suggestion is not to allow those accounts not to be traded[those with ip problem n very strict about it]

Adama
02-25-2008, 03:05 PM
where is this option : i don't care

erankatz
02-25-2008, 03:07 PM
No

SAM
02-25-2008, 03:08 PM
trading accounts is a curse and we should get rid of it period

maddoxro
02-25-2008, 03:09 PM
no.

abe171
02-25-2008, 03:21 PM
Bottomline:

Trading is wrong since your breaking the sites rules
(But really who ever follows rules!.... Even when you install a software nobody reads the "terms and conditions" ..... u simply click "I Agree" ...the next sec... you will google
for the Cd key/crack/patch/keygen ...etc)

But If u wanna get into a private site as fast as possible u Trade
otherwise you need to be patient ... make friends ... get a good rep ...blah blah blah

"So the choice is yours"

asoto
02-25-2008, 03:30 PM
No, of course they shouldn't be allowed.

hit79
02-25-2008, 03:38 PM
In this day trading acc is a danger for all.If you get a old acc you can have access all the secret of a tracker.Think about that,un old user get invite .That is the reason for that i voted NO.

stroj
02-25-2008, 04:00 PM
No. Will make it better place for sure.

Lew
02-25-2008, 04:03 PM
Hell No!!!1

fatcat69
02-25-2008, 04:07 PM
Big NO

Fo shizzle.

Get ride of the traders and this place will form a tighter relationship with trackers staff.

Seeing how most want to see this place burn to the ground...I think we should work on that ..:lol:

Prilost
02-25-2008, 04:22 PM
Yes!

DyNast
02-25-2008, 04:26 PM
No, that's just don't fair... and not only that, that also a big cause of accounts hijacking

jasperr
02-25-2008, 05:41 PM
well, i've read one post that said no but, if ya need something in a hurry....... that doesn't make any sense.. first off, no one NEEDS a tracker.. secondly, if you cant get into a tracker.. then there must be a reason for it and you don't need to be there :whistling..

as my thoughts on the subject.... read my sig! :01:

fatcat69
02-25-2008, 05:45 PM
So after I posted my response to the poll, I read through the entire thread and have a few more additional comments.

To the person who said trading is the only way:

I have been torrenting for maybe 3 months (outside of filelist), and have gotten into every site or been offered an invite to every site and turned it down.

As someone pointed out, if you just be a nice person and make friends, it will get to the point where you turn down invites because you won't use the accounts.

If you are active and a good person, people will notice. If you just browse the names in the irc of the "top level" trackers, you will see users who are at everyone, and youll also notice that the staff of everysite is on every other site.

To address the person who thinks trading wont hurt you:

It will, you will be branded as a trader if you are found to be one. I know plenty of sites that share information, personally I have shared information between 4 sites at a high level when I find out that there is a trader in the mists. Every staffer (or ex staffer) or person who cares about the tracker has a relationship with other staff at other trackers. Nearly any of the staff at your high level trackers know who eachother are, if not talk to each other on a daily basis.

Ex: One trader got busted at iTS, within a day he lost his accounts at NB, ScT, ScL, RevTT, and all his info was sent to other high level trackers so they could block his browsing ip's.

So if you honestly think that trading at one site won't get you kicked off another...you got a big thing coming.

To the person who thinks that you cant get into "high level" trackers by not trading...

do what i said above...just be friendly and meet people. There are numerous members here at FST that are staff, or are close enough to staff to get you into any tracker on the planet. Seriously, you can get into any tracker from fst at the moment without trading. Stoi gave me a bcg account without me begging for it in a thread, just because I had in my sig that I was into games. I got into FTN and FSC without asking at all for them, someone who I met here at fst pm'd me and happened to be friends with the sysops on both sites and hooked me up. I barely download off the sites, but I am very active in the forums and irc.(I also upload to contribute and meet requests) I got offered F*** and turned it down for the time being because I have what I need. Same with U*-*. I was offered Swedvdr and turned it down as well as I wouldnt use it. All of this, just by being active on sites and helping users whenever they needed help.

People who trade, either are very anti-social, or that is how they were taught this torrenting game worked...and they can't kick the habit as everyone knows them as a trader and doesnt trust them. I trust them though, if a trader came to me and gave me their word they wouldn't trade an account, Id give them an account. Of course, if they traded it, Id find out in two seconds and would be sure that all their info is sent to every single staffer, because they betrayed my trust. Hell I have invited 3 known account traders to one particular tracker and they have actually turned out to be very active members and helped the tracker develop and grow. I really think they are sincere enough to not want to trade their account because they actually care about the community so much now.

Just one thing: Don't want a tracker just to have it for bragging rights or because it is a high level. What makes FSC---FSC is the fact that the people on there all get along and know eachother from other trackers or in real life. If you arent a social person, you honestly will have absolutely no need for FSC. Same goes for iTS. Both of those communities are communities due to their membership, not because they have the fastest releases or the most seedboxes, thats actually the opposite of what they strive for. These are just two prominent examples but nearly every tracker you can say the same for.

If you think that there is anything different between any of the 0days besides pretimes, then someone is feeding you bullsh*t. If you have SCC or ScT, dont be a fool and trade them. I can safely say, that if all you are looking for is to download, then you are at the right places. These are the two best 0day's...not one person will dispute that.

I am sick of seeing people just want something because it is a higher level. You will be so disappointed once you get into sites if you are solely looking to download. Get specialty sites (BCG for games, HDbits for hd, tv.torrents.ro for tv (if you dont use 0day already), SCC and ScT for 0day, TTi for dvds, TL and Revtt for everything, music sites for music etc etc. (just letme know when there is a cooking tracker and IM THERE!) lol

Seriously for downloading...those are the sites to have for their respective things.

To the person who said FST is just for trading or once everyone gets the trackers they want they leave FST:

No. If that was the case, none of the staffers or sysops (just see the ones posting in this thread shows how much they care about FST, even if they say they dont :-P ) would be here. I wouldn't be posting tutorials whenever someone asks for one, I wouldn't be here, Artemis and Sgt.Major definitely wouldn't be here....lots of veteran users wouldn't. So the fact that these people are here, is proof that FST has a lot more going for it outside of trading that takes place here. Why do you think its called the invite section and not the trading section?

To anyone who has been voting down the posts when someone votes yes for trading:

...cmon quit the sh*t. Everyone's opinion matters, you dont have to agree with them,but atleast show some respect and dont be voting their post down just because they said "I am for account trading"

To further explain my vote instead of a "traders suck" comment

I believe that trading once existed and was common practice to get into trackers. However, I believe that the community (bt community) as a whole is evolving to the point where quality actually means something. Users and staffer's are becoming more aware of their communities and look for valuable members every day. Trading was when you just downloaded and didnt say anything in the forums or irc, but now people are talking to each other, getting to know one another, and therefore developing relationships in order to improve the trackers they are on.

This constant strive for improvement, causes the membership to work together as a whole to reach the goal. Members who help, are rewarded with satisfaction that they did something to make this place better. Trackers improve, user quality improves...everyone is happy.

I feel that with this principle of actually contributing to your tracker instead of using it like a whore on a street corner, is a concept that has been evolving the membership here at FST to the point where trading will be a thing of the past and who you are and how you treat people is what will get you into trackers. Not, who has the biggest upload speed.

Sawyer2020
02-25-2008, 05:47 PM
well with me it not make different but also this you shouldn't ask here for that
its comes from this Community rules itself not ask for users opinions
anyway I'm against accounts trading

puckface
02-25-2008, 05:51 PM
So after I posted my response to the poll, I read through the entire thread and have a few more additional comments.

I have been torrenting for maybe 3 months (outside of filelist), and have gotten into every site or been offered an invite to every site and turned it down.

Im not saying youre wrong. But maybe the reason you were offered all those invites is that you pretty much run a freakin tracker and people wanna kiss your ass.

Just a possibility isnt it? I guess other peoples points are.. what about regular people who dont?

Once again, Im not saying youre wrong.

mamacita
02-25-2008, 06:02 PM
Im not saying youre wrong. But maybe the reason you were offered all those invites is that you pretty much run a freakin tracker and people wanna kiss your ass.

Just a possibility isnt it? I guess other peoples points are.. what about regular people who dont?

Well, I'm one of those people who "don't."

I'm not an owner, sysop or mod of any tracker or forum and I've gotten everything I've asked for so far. A lot of it is about how you present yourself. All I do is ask nicely and show that I'm truly interested in a tracker.

Now, I've never had someone offer me an invite without asking, like fatcat, but that hasn't stopped me. Just be active and helpful, like the fact cat says.

iNSOMNiA
02-25-2008, 06:05 PM
I say we do as we always do: If the Com Rep cooperates with FST and wants acc trading to be forbidden for his site then be it.

fatcat69
02-25-2008, 06:12 PM

LOL I dont run any tracker dude. I dont know who you are talking to. If you dont believe me, feel free to ask any staffers at any tracker, they will say I am a member and thats it.

I contribute a lot to trackers, and therefore I get respect and priveledges that not every user gets...but that was earned, I wasn't given a silver spoon dude. I got into each tracker by being friendly, as I dont run any tracker or have control over one. Staffers at certain trackers take my opinion very highly, but that trust was earned.

If you are referring to iTS or ScL...feel free to ask both staff there, and they will say I am a member and that is it. Same with FSC. I am just a member who is very active thats all. lol

monk3y
02-25-2008, 06:20 PM
i voted no cause i respect the trackers i'm signed up to, and if they doesn't allow it then everybody should follow up and do so.

There is no room for account trades this age is over =)

BReal13
02-25-2008, 06:23 PM
Ex: One trader got busted at iTS, within a day he lost his accounts at NB, ScT, ScL, RevTT, and all his info was sent to other high level trackers so they could block his browsing ip's.

So if you honestly think that trading at one site won't get you kicked off another...you got a big thing coming.

I personally don't agree with this think, for example, i get kicked out of school for i don't know what reason, than because of that i cant go to no other school because I was kicked out of one.

If he got busted in iTS, why did he get banned on the rest, he broke the rules on iTS , not all the HIGH levels tracker, why didn't he get banned on Level 1 2 3 trackers also ?

Gosu
02-25-2008, 06:54 PM
I voted Yes.

Because trading is trading.So why should u seperate it as account trading or invite trading.

But some rules has to be known about trackers in account trading.

I wont tell about these.That can be tip for trackers :)

F3n1x
02-25-2008, 06:55 PM

I personally don't agree with this think, for example, i get kicked out of school for i don't know what reason, than because of that i cant go to no other school because I was kicked out of one.

If he got busted in iTS, why did he get banned on the rest, he broke the rules on iTS , not all the HIGH levels tracker, why didn't he get banned on Level 1 2 3 trackers also ?

Its like that you have problem with your bank no paid another thing ok, other banks won't will accept you or won't give you checks ..........

Site staff need users, but they are like government of our countries, if you rob a candy shop in England you won't be accepted in Germany and you will be departed :P

Conclusion: Don't matters what you think in the end they decide you watch.

dpr
02-25-2008, 06:59 PM
I voted yes.I think it's a good opportunity in cases of good trackers ; its difficult to have an invite and you can pe pleased with an account

grimms
02-25-2008, 07:14 PM

Same here bro. There are only two trackers he got offered to be apart of that i didn't (I'm envious;)) J/k. You really just need to expand your network of online buddies, participate in useful and intellectual conversations, help others out with common problems, make helpful suggestions, participate in polls like this one, that is very important to this particular community, fst(But will have a huge impact on various other BT Trackers). Just be known in the right light. If you do that, people will go out of their own way, to help you out. Fatcat is right about 1 thing though, you start turning down invites left and right. I have turned down swedvr myself. Was interested on how the whole IP address debacle was implemented over there though. You don't have to be tracker staff to get invited, just earn your respect, then tracker staff will notice and learn to respect you.

fatcat69
02-25-2008, 08:40 PM

So if you murder someone in California, you wont get arrested in Nevada?

:lol:

My logic makes perfect sense, hence why all the staff do it. If you cheat on tracker A, and have an account on Tracker B and C, what keeps you from cheating there too?

If you break a rule on one tracker, what stops you from breaking it on any other?

Nothing.

So instead of going "oh he only cheated once, he wont do it here or there"
Staff go "ok, well rules say no cheating, he ignored it he gets kicked. Oh we should prolly let XXXX at Tracker B know because he always lets us know about cheaters on his tracker"

I mean yes, people make mistakes, but you have to earn your second chance back, noone can break a rule such as this one and then be like "oh I wont do it again I swear, can I please have it back" Not one staffer on the planet would give that person an account back right away...you have to earn your trust back.

Just dont break the rules and you wont get punished.:lol:

stitched
02-25-2008, 08:57 PM

Same here bro. There are only two trackers he got offered to be apart of that i didn't (I'm envious;)) J/k. You really just need to expand your network of online buddies, participate in useful and intellectual conversations, help others out with common problems, make helpful suggestions, participate in polls like this one, that is very important to this particular community, fst(But will have a huge impact on various other BT Trackers). Just be known in the right light. If you do that, people will go out of their own way, to help you out. Fatcat is right about 1 thing though, you start turning down invites left and right. I have turned down swedvr myself. Was interested on how the whole IP address debacle was implemented over there though. You don't have to be tracker staff to get invited, just earn your respect, then tracker staff will notice and learn to respect you.

ha ha ha are you serious buddy can you please give examples of the so called " participation in useful and intellectual conversations"----even i turned down a swedvdr invite because of the ip thing i am sure a lot of other did that too.... does that even prove anything....
well lets be honest here shall we...fatcat got all his invites mostly because of his influce on ITS invites...because going by what he says about trust and all those things ....one thing i know about trust is its not something which can be earnt in 1 months time and he went from black cats to FSC/FTN in 1 month...he came into spotlight after ITS was created and you know the rest of the story thats how he got his invite i know he might say no or try to prove me wrong but TRUTH IS BITTER
as far as you are concerned were you not begging for an FTN invite 7 weeks ago in THE VAULT forums,i know you did get an FTN invite thats a different thing , what matter is you were asking for an FTN invite possibly in all the places now you are telling me that you have never ever want a single invite and -->"you start turning down invites left and right"

fatcat69
02-25-2008, 09:04 PM

ha ha ha are you serious buddy can you please give examples of the so called " participation in useful and intellectual conversations"----even i turned down a swedvdr invite because of the ip thing i am sure a lot of other did that too.... does that even prove anything....
well lets be honest here shall we...fatcat got all his invites mostly because of his influce on ITS invites...because going by what he says about trust and all those things ....one thing i know about trust is its not something which can be earnt in 1 months time and he went from black cats to FSC/FTN in 1 month...he came into spotlight after ITS was created and you know the rest of the story thats how he got his invite i know he might say no or try to prove me wrong but TRUTH IS BITTER
as far as you are concerned were you not begging for an FTN invite 7 weeks ago in THE VAULT forums,i know you did get an FTN invite thats a different thing , what matter is you were asking for an FTN invite possibly in all the places now you are telling me that you have never ever want a single invite and -->"you start turning down invites left and right"

Came into the spotlight?

Letme show you how I got into iTS:
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-its-new-years-celebration-post2545482/postcount115

if you are going to talk about the truth, atleast know the truth before opening your mouth:lol::lol::lol:

All I did was post a funny post (like I always have) into a thread and was given an invite.

I got ScT, prior to me even being active on iTS. I got into FTN and FSC through a user here on FST, not through iTS, also prior to me getting bunch loads of invites to iTS. I had 3 invites at iTS prior to getting in those trackers...all three users I invited were not even big in torrents. 2 of which were staff from A4N, a tracker that I used to hang out on when I first started torrenting 3 months ago.so please stop being a noob and making up excuses saying it isn't normal.

The reason I got into FSC/FTN was soley based on my activity here in the forums, so if you think otherwise, then you are a noob who just hears rumors in the hallways.

The isn't high school, stop spreading rumors.

Not my fault if you cant make friends and get into trackers that are actively looking for new good members! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

What do I mean by that? I mean tracker staff is actively recruiting new members constantly. If you are dumb to think that invites to FTN or FSC or iTS or ScL are actually given out by everyday users, you are wrong. It is the staff that come on here and recruit.

stitched
02-25-2008, 09:04 PM

My logic makes perfect sense, hence why all the staff do it. If you cheat on tracker A, and have an account on Tracker B and C, what keeps you from cheating there too?

If you break a rule on one tracker, what stops you from breaking it on any other?

Nothing.

So instead of going "oh he only cheated once, he wont do it here or there"
Staff go "ok, well rules say no cheating, he ignored it he gets kicked. Oh we should prolly let XXXX at Tracker B know because he always lets us know about cheaters on his tracker"

no you have got it wrong again buddy....
do u think if some one fails in 1 subject he would fail in all the subjects , and he would never pass ever again the rest of his life so kik him out of school its the end of his education.
if u fail to impress 1 gal wont you try to impress other gals and most probably suceeed in charming her
if you dont learn to ride a bicycle or to swin at first try do you think he/she should never be allowed to ride a bicycle again or into a swimming pool ever again...you dont make much sense do you...
when you trade in a particular site that is no way equivalent to murdering some one,have you lost your mind...what kind of example you comeup with

people always learn by making mistakes...that doesnt mean their ip's should be distributed and never give them a chance to correct their wrongs...its like people chose to do what they want in particular place...like there is a place for eating food ,sleeping and shiting...are you telling me that if i shit in your toilet you would come to me and tell me that i shit in ur toilet ,how can u trust me that wont shit in the dining table or your bedroom and kik me out of the house and tell all your neighbours that i shit in your toilet so dont let me inside anyones house...i dont think so ,u being smart and all now y would you distribute my ip to everyone because i traded on some website...
.</b> to be more clear here ;shit =trading; ----;bedroom,toilet,dining room = different tracker sites we both are mutual members of .
sorry if i didnt get my dfact sraight...is this you or what &quot;&quot;
FSC: 55gb in 1 week
ScL: 220gb in 1 week
BCG: 135gb in 4 weeks
ScT: 200gb in 4 weeks
iTS 165gb in 4 weeks
FTN: 67gb in 2 weeks
forgive me i tot this was you -->http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-tips-becoming-anti-trader-post2617069/postcount55 and ITS was hyped up during that 1 month time...am i right?? or am i right??,or you want me to get my fact straight again??....as far as my social skill are concerned i definatly dont try to waste my so called social skill,making friends on this virtual world because i used to do that 7 years ago ....its not worthy to invest your emotion on something which is not real ,when i mean making friends i mean being friends,not just some word thrown around to get an invite

fatcat69
02-25-2008, 09:25 PM

Nothing.

So instead of going &quot;oh he only cheated once, he wont do it here or there&quot;
Staff go &quot;ok, well rules say no cheating, he ignored it he gets kicked. Oh we should prolly let XXXX at Tracker B know because he always lets us know about cheaters on his tracker&quot;

do u think if some one fails in 1 subject he would fail in all the subjects , and he would never pass ever again the rest of his life so kik him out of school its the end of his education.
if u fail to impress 1 gal wont you try to impress other gals and most probably suceeed in charming her
if you dont learn to ride a bicycle or to swin at frist try do you think he/she should never be allowed to ride a bicycle again or into a swimming pool ever again...you dont make much sense do you... when you trade in a particular site that is no way equivalent to murdering some one,have you lost your mind...what kind of example you comeup with

Ya because you get executed for trading now.

Seriously dude, if you dont know what an example is and take things so literal in life, how do you survive?

Its an example, move past the words and understand what it means.

Here we will simplify it, since you being the smart ass that you are can't seem to understand a simple concept.

Someone used a candy store example, but even that was too complicated for your fragile little mind.

So here we go: you are in school ok...(for this example)

You go to class ( a site), and take a test (use the tracker). However you cheat on the test (break the rules on the site), and you were dumb enough to get caught (busted). So the teacher (staffer) fails you (you get kicked out of the tracker).

Now would that teacher (staffer) go tell other teachers (staffers) of other classes (other trackers) you are a cheater (breaker of rules) or would they just not tell anyone and keep to their selves.

Hell no, every teacher (staffer) in every class (tracker) would know that you are a dumb cheater (breaker of rules)

If you cant understand that, we might have to switch over to my pokemon example.

:lol::lol:

iTS 165gb in 4 weeks
forgive me i tot this was you -->http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-tips-becoming-anti-trader-post2617069/postcount55

Now letme update those figures so you get the story right:

FSC: 1.3TB
ScL: 900GB
BCG: 150GB
ScT: 250GB
iTS: 400GB
FTN: 100GB

your point? how is this relevant?

stitched
02-25-2008, 09:30 PM
if you dont learn to ride a bicycle or to swin at frist try do you think he/she should never be allowed to ride a bicycle again or into a swimming pool ever again...you dont make much sense do you... when you trade in a particular site that is no way equivalent to murdering some one,have you lost your mind...what kind of example you comeup with

Seriously dude, if you dont know what an example is and take things so literal in life, how do you survive?

Here we will simplify it, since you being the smart ass that you are can't seem to understand a simple concept.

Someone used a candy store example, but even that was too complicated for your fragile little mind.

You go to class ( a site), and take a test (use the tracker). However you cheat on the test (break the rules on the site), and you were dumb enough to get caught (busted). So the teacher (staffer) fails you (you get kicked out of the tracker).

Now would that teacher (staffer) go tell other teachers (staffers) of other classes (other trackers) you are a cheater (breaker of rules) or would they just not tell anyone and keep to their selves.

Hell no, every teacher (staffer) in every class (tracker) would know that you are a dumb cheater (breaker of rules)

If you cant understand that, we might have to switch over to my pokemon example.

now you r switching story darling....u wanted me to get my fact straign i have got my fact straight i dont really have patience to go thru ever single 30 lines post of yours to prove my point...if the readers are smart enough they would understand it....thank god ,you seem to have forgot your funny pics which used to make me laugh a while back when you were a kid,probabaly you still are...i dont knwo how to give example where as your examples are very apt "trading = mudering some one" ...bye fatcat69,forgive me IF I DONT MATCH YOUR SUPERIOUR INTELLECT..

aysomc
02-25-2008, 09:31 PM
does your pokemon example include pikachu? because if it does id like to hear it even if he does understand now...

edit: NICE!!! he argued back, please tell me im about to hear a story about pikachu.

stitched
02-25-2008, 09:33 PM

iTS 165gb in 4 weeks
forgive me i tot this was you -->http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-tips-becoming-anti-trader-post2617069/postcount55

Now letme update those figures so you get the story right:

FSC: 1.3TB
ScL: 900GB
BCG: 150GB
ScT: 250GB
iTS: 400GB
FTN: 100GB

your point? how is this relevant?

ITS NOT THE QUESTION OF HOW MUCH YOU HAVE UPLOADED....... ITS THE QUESTION OF WHEN YOU GOT THOSE ACCOUNT AND YOUR BULL SHIT STORY ABOUT "TRUST" ...JUST learn to live with the fact ITS got you the invites you wanted ...ITS made you what you r...you just wont understand FATCAT you r too ignorant for it...you would rather say you traded ITS invites for "TRUST", sure what is the pokemon example...i am curious...make my day

fatcat69
02-25-2008, 09:35 PM
I remember you now lol

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-tips-becoming-anti-trader-272312

you are the stalker kid, you tried to call me and grimms out and then got owned all over the forum.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-tips-becoming-anti-trader-post2617141/postcount63

Lol I dont need to worry about trying to help you realize fact from fiction, you already live in fiction land and are all alone.

Please stop hijacking this thread, if you have the need to attack me do it in pm instead of being so immature about it and crying over and over in every thread I post in.

Seriously man, get a life, I might have to get a virtual restraining order from Detale against you if you keep up this stalking stuff on FST too!

:-P

-------------------------------------------------------
Back to the subject at hand:

Another thing guys, if you must trade, use a middleman. Already I see more posts about scammers.

This should also point out that with no trading here at FST, there wont be scammers or people trying to sell invites:

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-why-share-you-can-use-people-280654

stitched
02-25-2008, 09:43 PM
wow i am shaking...somebody save me ... i dont know who jacked who in that thread,what are you soo upset about,i never said anything to offend you,
i just wanted you to be honest in what you say...dont give people the wrong impression to people about how you got those invites..and ALL THOSE LIES ABOUT TRUST
yeah back to the topic ,account trading shouldnt be stopped unless the community reps agree on invite trading...

aysomc
02-25-2008, 09:45 PM
http://www.blamonet.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_Retard_Win.jpg

dunson
02-25-2008, 09:45 PM
Stiched: he did not argue that trading = murder

The term "murder" is a variable that is completely irrelevant. In fact, so are the states and the candy store, etc.

Put simply, if you break a rule at X, it may have consequences at Y, because the same rules/laws apply in X and Y, since both are really just a part of Z, which represents the community (whether it be a nation or a website). It is absolutely irrelevant that murder was the chosen example of a violation of the rules.

I hope that I haven't wasted my time posting this, because I see that you have some difficulty grasping rudimentary logic.

EDIT: the pwnage didn't start here, wow! I've witnessed and taken part in much pwnage on internet forums, but that is truly some of the best stuff I've ever seen. Amazing. I totally wasted those 2 minutes breaking down this argument.

fatcat69
02-25-2008, 09:50 PM
does your pokemon example include pikachu? because if it does id like to hear it even if he does understand now...

edit: NICE!!! he argued back, please tell me im about to hear a story about pikachu.

Ya I think we need the pokemon example to.

Traders get screwed, featuring pikachu.
by Fatcat69

So Ash and Pikachu (sysop and staffer) were overseeing a pokemon tournament at his gym(tracker) and watching the battling of numerous teams for the title of pokemon grand master (or whatever the hell it is, im googling this sh*t) when all the sudden, in one match, meowth(cheater/trader) was setting a trap and breaking the rules of the tournament.

Ash (sysop) warned meowth(cheater/trader) of setting up evil traps (breaking the rules), and sent pikachu(staffer) to handle the matter. Pikachu (staffer) used a lightning bolt (ban) which sent meowth into the air where he became a twinkling star thingy. Ash(the sysop) then told other owners of gyms(trackers), brok (another sysop) about how meowth (cheater/trader) was breaking the rules so that meowth(cheater/trader) would not break rules and ruin other gyms (trackers).

I think that should do it. So we have pokemon example, classes example, and a example with a candy shop.

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Blossom/9377/webring.jpg

Polarbear
02-25-2008, 09:55 PM
I see that you have some difficulty grasping rudimentary logic.

nicely put but highly understated. :lol:

fatcat69
02-25-2008, 09:58 PM
Stiched: he did not argue that trading = murder

The term "murder" is a variable that is completely irrelevant. In fact, so are the states and the candy store, etc.

Put simply, if you break a rule at X, it may have consequences at Y, because the same rules/laws apply in X and Y, since both are really just a part of Z, which represents the community (whether it be a nation or a website). It is absolutely irrelevant that murder was the chosen example of a violation of the rules.

I hope that I haven't wasted my time posting this, because I see that you have some difficulty grasping rudimentary logic.

EDIT: the pwnage didn't start here, wow! I've witnessed and taken part in much pwnage on internet forums, but that is truly some of the best stuff I've ever seen. Amazing. I totally wasted those 2 minutes breaking down this argument.

LoL you have no idea man, read the links I posted. He called Grimms and me out a while back, and I didnt notice the thread for a day or two, and when I did I was just ignoring it...but finally I was just shocked at how immature and ...retarded this guy was. So I was like "fine Ill come and play your games"

ya you can read it, he didnt last long.:lol: I got so many pm's from people laughing and Grimms and me were on irc laughing so f'ing hard when we found out he really was a stalker.:lol::lol:

Actatoi
02-25-2008, 09:59 PM
i am not good at being sarcastic, am i? ;)

You probably are, I on the other hand suck at noticing it :lol: My fault.

fatcat69
02-25-2008, 10:07 PM
Also, I just want to set one thing straight.

Those who respect me on here, don't do it for ass kissing, they do it because I have earned their respect. I take time out of my day to help people set up their seedboxes, or fix their playback issues, or any other issues that I am knowledgeable in.

I take it very offensive, that you continue to target me in this forum and say that people are ass kissing me when I have nothing to give them in return. People respect me (the few that do lol) because they know that I am a vauable asset to them. Thats it.

Every person has a right to their opinion, and I respect that, however DO NOT speak for other people when you are only representing your opinion on the matter.

If I wanted to do sh*t for bragging rights, youd see my posts a lot differently. I specifically tell people when I invite them somewhere, NOT to tell anyone I invited them. I have never told someone "you need to give me a rep point" I do not force people into my friends list here on FST, I have added most of them myself as I consider them people that I do respect highly of.

I do not need to really defend myself, because the people who know who me, can judge me, that is it. You do not know me, the only time you have ever talked to me was to stab grimms and me in the back when we have never done anything to you.

Thats all I needed to say, I am done with this thread. I thought my original 2 posts provided valid arguments on the subject matter.

I mean seriously, I respect every single person on this forum to begin with and there are only 3 people I do not respect, one of them happens to be you.

stitched
02-25-2008, 10:28 PM
Also, I just want to set one thing straight.

Those who respect me on here, don't do it for ass kissing, they do it because I have earned their respect. I take time out of my day to help people set up their seedboxes, or fix their playback issues, or any other issues that I am knowledgeable in.

I take it very offensive, that you continue to target me in this forum and say that people are ass kissing me when I have nothing to give them in return. People respect me (the few that do lol) because they know that I am a vauable asset to them. Thats it.

Every person has a right to their opinion, and I respect that, however DO NOT speak for other people when you are only representing your opinion on the matter.

If I wanted to do sh*t for bragging rights, youd see my posts a lot differently. I specifically tell people when I invite them somewhere, NOT to tell anyone I invited them. I have never told someone ;you need to give me a rep point; I do not force people into my friends list here on FST, I have added most of them myself as I consider them people that I do respect highly of.

I do not need to really defend myself, because the people who know who me, can judge me, that is it. You do not know me, the only time you have ever talked to me was to stab grimms and me in the back when we have never done anything to you.

Thats all I needed to say, I am done with this thread. I thought my original 2 posts provided valid arguments on the subject matter.

I mean seriously, I respect every single person on this forum to begin with and there are only 3 people I do not respect, one of them happens to be you.

forgive me if i hurt you...i am not anti-fatcat69 or anti-grimms or anti-anyone...i know i seem to annoy a lot of people because i tend to see things which most of them fail to recognize,i just dont like people creating an illusion that whatever anti-traders do is fine and the problem is with traders...and i am sorry to tell you this again..stop dreaming...fatcat, who are you trying to convinceit is possibly that unknowingly it might have happened,but you were invited to all those sites mostly (60%< ) based on the fact that you have had such a big influence over ITS invites directly/indirectly,trust me on this..and i am not lying to u.its nothing personal.

danio
02-25-2008, 10:32 PM
lol fatcat69, it seems like this guy doesn't like you :D --> click me (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-so-why-half-good-trackers-closed-their-invites-280118/page3)

mrnobody
02-25-2008, 10:34 PM
http://www.blamonet.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10001/normal_Retard_Win.jpg

i feel u there brother :yup:

fatcat69
02-25-2008, 11:48 PM
lol fatcat69, it seems like this guy doesn't like you :D --> click me (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-43/t-so-why-half-good-trackers-closed-their-invites-280118/page3)

Ya he is a little out there. Lol I didnt see that, I guess he doesnt know what exaggeration or a joke is and always blows things up. I guess to each his own though.

I think someone is a little jealous thats all. He is so obsessed with commenting on nearly every post I make. Im scared honestly lol ...Help me Kflint...I have an internet forum stalker who is trying to bully me!:lol::lol::lol:

(maybe he wont post another thing as he continues to make himself look more like a fool.)

/me waits to read this punks sad embarrassing reply so we can all lolz

To get back on topic yet again:
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/p-should-acct-trades-allowed-here-post2690779/postcount196

That is my main point of view for the subject at hand. If you must trade, atleast use a middleman so you dont get scammed.

Artemis
02-26-2008, 12:20 AM

I actually think this applies to both you fatcat & stitched in this case, personal spats like this destroy the value of the thread and in this case it is an important one where all members of FST should give their points of view.

fatcat if you seriously believe stitched is stalking you (which seriously looks like the case) report him, it will be dealt with by the mods, but keep this thread for what it was intended for.

grimms
02-26-2008, 01:03 AM

For one I requested an invite. I did not beg for an invite. Begging and requesting are too different things. I see nothing wrong with requesting anything(doesn't mean your request will be met). It's all on the approach, and obviously what you contributed overall. Yes I did create a request at The Vault, due to the respect I have for that tracker, just like I have made requests at other PU forums in the past for an invite. I was fortunate to get an FTN invite from a member on here. I will not disclose the members name, but that member did state, that I contributed a lot on fst (Not just invite giveaway's which i don't do anymore due to it being frowned upon by staff and good members that I respect and trust), but also did an extensive search of my history(not just my post history) of other trackers, other names, etc. I gave him all and any info he requested. Staff and members know alot of people and it's easy to share info my friend.

I checked out and was granted an invite. Also a few days before or after I also got invited to FSC by a Staff member, who has seen and heard from other members on here that I contribute alot on here. I also got invited to iTS by a extremely respected member here as well. I earned my respect mate. I'm also still in the process of earning other members respect(Whether they like me or not). You don't have to like someone to respect them. Who said I never wanted an invite before? I stated that now I don't NEED invites to most places, if not at all. At this point, I have enough trackers fit to my specific tastes, for what I need, want, whether its to find and download a certain movie, ebook, application, or talk in some wonderful forums, with great respected members. I thank every member on here that has believed in me, respected me, or how ever else you feel (good I hope) about me.

Edit: Guess I didn't honor my 6 page rant after all. Sorry guys.:01:

aysomc
02-26-2008, 01:04 AM

Ya I think we need the pokemon example to.

Traders get screwed, featuring pikachu.
by Fatcat69

So Ash and Pikachu (sysop and staffer) were overseeing a pokemon tournament at his gym(tracker) and watching the battling of numerous teams for the title of pokemon grand master (or whatever the hell it is, im googling this sh*t) when all the sudden, in one match, meowth(cheater/trader) was setting a trap and breaking the rules of the tournament.

Ash (sysop) warned meowth(cheater/trader) of setting up evil traps (breaking the rules), and sent pikachu(staffer) to handle the matter. Pikachu (staffer) used a lightning bolt (ban) which sent meowth into the air where he became a twinkling star thingy. Ash(the sysop) then told other owners of gyms(trackers), brok (another sysop) about how meowth (cheater/trader) was breaking the rules so that meowth(cheater/trader) would not break rules and ruin other gyms (trackers).

I think that should do it. So we have pokemon example, classes example, and a example with a candy shop.

http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Blossom/9377/webring.jpg

ty, and more importantly lets all thank pikachu for being such an amazingly yellow badass. :clap:

grimms
02-26-2008, 01:10 AM

Not my fault if you cant make friends and get into trackers that are actively looking for new good members! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

What do I mean by that? I mean tracker staff is actively recruiting new members constantly. If you are dumb to think that invites to FTN or FSC or iTS or ScL are actually given out by everyday users, you are wrong. It is the staff that come on here and recruit.

This why I respect fatcat69. Shit like this. It's right to the point. We are good friends and he is a respected member. Make friends and you won't feel so bitter towards fatcat and myself. I sense Deja Vu again....:whistling

edit: Sorry to anybody that feels i'm being hostile or forth right in any way, if i am pm me and i'll reword this statement.

supper
02-26-2008, 01:30 AM
yea make friends to get into high levels trackers:w00t:

btw friend with f*** invite needed:angel_not

SAM
02-26-2008, 02:56 AM
@supper
you know what,buddy?
I never tried to make friends to get invites.
most of the invites i got here.I got from ordinary giveaways
and 2 of them i requested my self and in both occasions i've been invited by tracker staff.
there are 2 incidents that a fellow member here that offered me an invite.
one of them ended up with a big misunderstanding and i lost a friend.
the other was offered to a new born tracker at the time which now one of the fast growing one ever.

what i mean that.you don't make friends to get invites.
all you need is to be your self.If you see your self as a trader so be it.
if you see that you don't like this trading thing and like to participate in the forums and in the giveaways so be it.
Bottom line.making friends to get invites is much worse than trading in my opinion.
It's something like scamming people

SgtMajor
02-26-2008, 03:10 AM
Same arguments, different posters, isn't life grand :whistling

And afraid to say it, but there is not a big enough majority to swing it either way, so it looks like the status quo will reamin.

Next time, make the vote for members who have been here a while and actually make the forum what it is, min of 3 months, min of 100 posts and make the vote public, as the newbs only come here for 1 thing then disappear, they are not what this forum is about, then lets see where the results take us for the members that matter.

SAM
02-26-2008, 03:12 AM
Amen To That.
God Bless The Sergent

escuoop
02-26-2008, 03:21 AM
Yes, No matter what am I.

And every one is responsible for hemself.

Artemis
02-26-2008, 03:21 AM
Next time, make the vote for members who have been here a while and actually make the forum what it is, min of 3 months, min of 100 posts and make the vote public, as the newbs only come here for 1 thing then disappear, they are not what this forum is about, then lets see where the results take us for the members that matter.

actually a very good point there on both counts, a minimum of 3 months members, since so many do come here then sail off again never to be seen, and a public vote means that you can stand by what you say

fatcat69
02-26-2008, 03:33 AM

This why I respect fatcat69. Shit like this. It's right to the point. We are good friends and he is a respected member. Make friends and you won't feel so bitter towards fatcat and myself. I sense Deja Vu again....:whistling

edit: Sorry to anybody that feels i'm being hostile or forth right in any way, if i am pm me and i'll reword this statement.

Fo Shizzle my brother from another mother. This is definately Deja Vu...good movie btw.

ps. I bought you a stripper for your bday, I know its not your bday, but its a free stripper...so dont get technical.

http://sportswrap.berecruited.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/Arod%20stripper.jpg

They were all out of the anorexic ones...so I got you the buff working out kind.:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

KFlint
02-26-2008, 03:33 AM
Bottom line.making friends to get invites is much worse than trading in my opinion.

indeed, making friends for the sole purpose of getting invites is questionnable, just like anna-nicole smith marrying an old millionaire

(RIP to both of them :mellow:)

http://sportswrap.berecruited.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/05/Arod%20stripper.jpg

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

ssssexay :naughty::naughty:

she could just remove her top and we wouldn't even notice

grimms
02-26-2008, 03:37 AM
Shit I think they should up the ante and not allow new members to have access to the bt invite section until they been here for 3 months, not just being able to vote on an important topic such as this, which will have a vast impact on the whole BT Community. Whether FST staff see it that way or not. Also being here for 3 months minimum, shows that your serious, dedicated, and want to actually participate in discussions, make new friends and not here just for invites and other bullshit people don't have time to care about.

@Fatcat69

edit: My wife would divorce me though, actually...no she wouldn't.. that chic too buff and strong. Probably would put us both in a chokehold.

fatcat69
02-26-2008, 03:39 AM
@supper
you know what,buddy?
I never tried to make friends to get invites.
most of the invites i got here.I got from ordinary giveaways
and 2 of them i requested my self and in both occasions i've been invited by tracker staff.
there are 2 incidents that a fellow member here that offered me an invite.
one of them ended up with a big misunderstanding and i lost a friend.
the other was offered to a new born tracker at the time which now one of the fast growing one ever.

what i mean that.you don't make friends to get invites.
all you need is to be your self.If you see your self as a trader so be it.
if you see that you don't like this trading thing and like to participate in the forums and in the giveaways so be it.

Dude the colors mess with my eyes... :lol:

I agree, but we don't mean make friends to get invites....we mean make friends and be a contributing member and you WILL be accepted into any community.

I mean, we are talking about trusted communities which are developed on privacy and trust, so you have to earn that trust.

Trading sorta does the side step around the whole trust thing.:cry:

Oh btw, lol this got locked...but its hilarious...props to D for this:
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-bittorrent-invites-90/t-looking-fsc-280719

SgtMajor
02-26-2008, 03:46 AM
Shit I think they should up the ante and not allow new members to have access to the bt invite section until they been here for 3 months, not just being able to vote on an important topic such as this, which will have a vast impact on the whole BT Community. Whether FST staff see it that way or not. Also being here for 3 months minimum, shows that your serious, dedicated, and want to actually participate in discussions, make new friends and not here just for invites and other bullshit people don't have time to care about.

1 month is fine as it is.

And don't members & staff see that nothing will change in the long term, we will still get our new influx of members at the current rate, and as they see that account trading is not allowed here, they will still stay as that will be the norm for them, what they don't see they won't miss, change will only matter for a month or so for those currently involved in account trading, but 3 months or 12 months from now, we will still have the same amount of members, I just hope we won't be having the same arguments :)

And if it is banned, FST will itself improve it's image outside of FSTs walls.

grimms
02-26-2008, 03:46 AM
Yea it's harder to trust you if your a known trader. I think if you really make an effort to reform, it could be possible to gain trust again, it just will take more time. Using people by befriending them for invites is lame and morally wrong (Unfortunately some, don't care about morals in are so called life)in my option. I don't see why it's so hard to make friends, wait it out, and eventually get invited. I also don't see anything wrong with making requests for trackers you want but just play it straight, be honest, helpful, and people will notice you. This will probably be said another millions times over again, but countless members (Myself included) are spewing the same advice. Just soak it all in folks!

1 month is fine as it is.

And don't members & staff see that nothing will change in the long term, we will still get our new influx of members at the current rate, and as they see that account trading is not allowed here, they will still stay as that will be the norm for them, what they don't see they won't miss, change will only matter for a month or so for those currently involved in account trading, but 3 months or 12 months from now, we will still have the same amount of members, I just hope we won't be having the same arguments :)

And if it is banned, FST will itself improve it's image outside of FSTs walls.

You have a right to your point. I guess I can see it being more then enough. I just have to remember 30 days was the norm for myself as well. I guess...Some members would probably sign up, forget, then come back and ask anyways(If there were to be a 3 month period). These are the bads ones I'm speaking about, of course. In the end though it's up to the FST staff. I don't see anything changing, but as long as there is a place like this forum topic to advocate change, i'll fight for it. Even if I and other's are not heard in the long term.:yup:

fatcat69
02-26-2008, 03:53 AM
Yea it's harder to trust you if your a known trader. I think if you really make an effort to reform....

Fatcat's Trader Reform School!

Are you a trader, and sick of the bad reputation that comes with it?
Do you want to purify your torrenting ways?
Do you want to be invited to every tracker...for free?
Do you think this girl is hot?
http://content8.flixster.com/question/40/48/69/4048694_std.jpg

Do you want to have a non trader reputation?

If you said Yes to all of the above, then you qualify for Fat Cat Trader Reform School!

Classes start soon, so apply to stitched via pm. Be sure to send about 100 pm's, just to make sure he gets your application.

:naughty::naughty::naughty::naughty:

grimms
02-26-2008, 03:56 AM

:naughty::naughty::naughty: I hope my wife ain't watching me....she's kinda hot.:whistling

xxtonic
02-26-2008, 03:58 AM
i dont see the problem, as long as both people are productive members of the community.

Rumblin
02-26-2008, 03:58 AM

:naughty::naughty::naughty: I hope my wife ain't watching me....she's kinda hot.:whistling

kinda is a understatement

peat moss
02-26-2008, 04:08 AM
I voted yes on principle , people forget this site is filesharing . I'v been sharing software for over 15 years some of it has been Warez , Rapidshare , Bi torrent , people here or friends disks ( thats disks ..... ) and now I'm told no way Peat don't share your Bit account here .

What a no brainer ! Not for me to decide tho as I'm a fucking thief with a conscience .We never had these problems before the Bit forum with the As The Tummy Turns posts . Fuck em thats their problem and screw the Community Reps too but at least give them the right to fight back with stars or the right to protect their community . I'm fine with that .

Sorry for the long winded post but times do change don't they .

fatcat69
02-26-2008, 04:10 AM
i dont see the problem, as long as both people are productive members of the community.

How can one be productive if they trade away the account and break tracker rules?

That would be counter productive, would it not? (cant really be productive if you use the tracker as a bargaining chip.)