02-25-2008, 12:36 PM
Yeah, I can't see them either :idunno:

Hairbautt
02-25-2008, 05:44 PM
My precious community of followers...ohhhhh...the mayhem :cry:

They weren't suspended because of those F**** bt-tards were they? :huh:

RealitY
02-25-2008, 06:14 PM
Recent posting in a group was going around sites rules so posting has been removed for now. The Staff will review if they will be return or not. The issue is theres no way to moderate this unless Staff is going to check these groups regularly which is unlikely. Not sure what the point is in having posting in these groups when you could do so in the forums...

Polarbear
02-25-2008, 06:27 PM
Recent posting in a group was going around sites rules so posting has been removed for now. The Staff will review if they will be return or not. The issue is theres no way to moderate this unless Staff is going to check these groups regularly which is unlikely. Not sure what the point is in having posting in these groups when you could do so in the forums...

mmmh, i'm almost sure that this has something to do with bittorrent invites again.

as for the reason: fst has a linux section, but not an apple section. so the apple group was a place where mac users could meet.

even if we are a minority, there are quite a few mac users on fst.

KFlint
02-25-2008, 06:34 PM

mmmh, i'm almost sure that this has something to do with bittorrent invites again.

as for the reason: fst has a linux section, but not an apple section. so the apple group was a place where mac users could meet.

even if we are a minority, there are quite a few mac users on fst.

then maybe a subforum would be better than a social group for that purpose

fact is, people will abuse of this feature, it's to hard to moderate all these groups

Polarbear
02-25-2008, 06:40 PM
then maybe a subforum would be better than a social group for that purpose

fact is, people will abuse of this feature, it's to hard to moderate all these groups

this is exactly what i was suggesting with my post. i just was to shy to ask for it directly.

of course i would rather see an apple subforum in the software section than a crippled social group.

RealitY
02-25-2008, 06:40 PM
If you want a MAC forum thats a resonable request. We hope its as active as the other sub forums there. Since you were involved in the group you would know if it was or not. Though moderting a bunch of groups isnt really possible...

Something Else
02-25-2008, 06:51 PM
They weren't suspended because of those F**** bt-tards were they? :huh:

Yes, obviousment, they are the root of all evil. :dabs:

Polarbear
02-25-2008, 06:58 PM
If you want a MAC forum thats a resonable request. We hope its as active as the other sub forums there. Since you were involved in the group you would know if it was or not. Though moderting a bunch of groups isnt really possible...

absolutely. i can understand that very well.

from my experience mac sections on other (mostly tracker) forums are not hyperactive in comparison to the regular windows sections, but people do post there.

i promoted the social group only with a signature and 30 people joined (and i'm mostly active in the bittorent section).

i'm sure if there was a apple subforum in the software section quite a few people would be thankful and exchange their minds.

so consider this as a proposal and think about it.

if it doesn't match an expected activity, one can always announce it a failure and cancel the section again.

thank you.

edit: if you are positive, give it a month.

100%
02-25-2008, 07:16 PM
agreed there should be a mac section.
or else
racism is real

Hairbautt
02-25-2008, 07:25 PM
The Newsies was a way for people to post suggestions, comments and what-not. Tho' it wasn't all that active...

I can see why they would be removed...(damn 'tards) and it wasn't really crucial so...:dabs: To hell with.

KFlint
02-25-2008, 07:52 PM
i'll try to be active in that subforum to, apple is hot

tralalala
02-25-2008, 07:54 PM

Exactly my thoughts.. What's the point in having a board with over 2 million posts, when some are just going to discreetly post in these silly groups? Pointless in my mind.

KFlint
02-25-2008, 09:38 PM
i'm sad for The Retards Group, this social group was my reason to wake up each morning

Could it be an hidden forum like the VTG pleeeeeease? :lol:

RealitY
02-25-2008, 10:16 PM
Have set it up now...
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-apple-section-150/

sear
02-25-2008, 11:34 PM
i'm sad for The Retards Group, this social group was my reason to wake up each morning

Me to...:cry: I was just starting to get pm's asking for invites.

mrnobody
02-26-2008, 12:45 AM
since posting in a group is removed, why do we still have groups? why not remove the whole group thingy? atm, all we can do is join/leave group and i think view pictures and members :whistling

you indeed are leader of all retards :lol:

Something Else
02-26-2008, 01:16 AM
since posting in a group is removed, why do we still have groups? why not remove the whole group thingy? atm, all we can do is join/leave group and i think view pictures and members :whistling

Well they can't trade pictures now, Shirley. :dabs:
I for one won't miss the MySpace features much.
I was proudly saving my incredibly exclusive group 'whack my bonobo' which was id=1 btw. :snooty: Never mind. :mellow:

Mac forum is a great idea too. Hell I was in that mac group and I haven't had one since 1998 :cool:

mrnobody
02-26-2008, 01:54 AM
I see a new mac group

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/group.php?groupid=46

:lol:

SAM
02-26-2008, 01:57 AM
so what will be the use of a group?
nothing.
how can we communicate with each other or talk in the same group?
by taking the posting option you take the whole point of having social groups.
you see its name is social groups but it's your forum and it's your rules

RealitY
02-26-2008, 05:08 AM
Think it simply comes down to the benifts of it being less than the hassle of having it.
There isnt much chance we could moderate it and you have the forums to post in...