PDA

View Full Version : Macs are pieces of shit and so are their users

Skiz
02-25-2008, 10:34 PM
Ever notice how most Mac users are skinny? It's because of all the calories they burn because they can't shut the fuck up about how great their Macs are. What is it about Apple that makes its users unable to shut their mouths? Everywhere I go, there's another asshole with a Mac preaching about how much better Macs are than PCs. They regurgitate lines directly from Apple's marketing campaign, like "it just works." I have the following rebuttals to this argument:

1. If everything on a Mac just works, then why does a website called "Mac fix it" exist, assholes? Here are a few choice topics on macfixitforums.com:

Login window stuck!
lower caSe "S" key not working!!
Menu bar keeps flashing
I can't drag and drop!

Waaaah, boo hoo! I can't drag and drop! Dumbass. Looks like your Macs aren't perfect after all, which leads me to my second point:

2. Fuck you.

I don't know why Mac users get so defensive when you call them idiots. I mean, Apple is a company that has built its entire user base around the fact that its users can't do simple things like turn their computers on. Hell, most Mac users can't even talk without using their hands, which ranks their intelligence somewhere between a simian and hog shit:

4Tq7yykR-DM

Stupid user base aside, I will never own a Mac. It's not so much that I'm a PC loyalist. I'm not. It's that I'm not stylish enough to own one. Most iPod commercials feature guys with long hair, chicks roller skating, and guys wearing fedoras. I have dandruff, and I buy most of my jeans from a grocery store. I feel like in order to have a Mac, I need to be:

An artist.
In a band.
Unemployed (see above).

After the recent Apple conference, Mac fans were elated. One person was quoted as saying "I've had a Macintosh now for a total of 35 days, and I'm really excited to be part of the Mac community." Part of the Mac community? It's a computer, not a social movement, asshole! I feel like Apple is not just selling computers, they're selling a way of life, and I'm not ready to be that heavily invested in a product. I think this parody helps illustrate Apple's unspoken message:

JixbzFjv_cU

iTunes is the new Real Player:

In doing research for this article, I decided to reinstall iTunes, a program I hadn't used since version 4 (now on 7). Here it is, just working:

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/4701/ituneserror1cr9.gif

Back in the late 90s, everyone used Real Player. Then those cocks at Real Network got greedy, and tried to get their application to take over your entire PC, and people stopped using it. Same thing is happening with Quicktime now. You can't install Quicktime anymore unless you download bullshit iTunes. This section was supposed to be longer, but I couldn't even install iTunes so I could bitch about it. Not that I could have used it for what I wanted to anyway:

"You also agree that you will not use these products for... the development, design, manufacture, or production of missiles, or nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons"

From the actual iTunes End User License Agreement.

If I want to manufacture biological weapons with my copy of iTunes, I will, fascists. Ditch this bullshit.

KFlint
02-25-2008, 11:10 PM
hahaha, what a subtle way to inaugurate this section and welcome people :lol:

i have a mac and a pc at home, because i want to be part of both communities :P

nah, my girlfriend is an artist :pinch:

seppypom
02-26-2008, 03:25 AM
Nice, Skizo!

whiteyes
02-26-2008, 03:40 AM
windows fanboi FTW.

djork
02-26-2008, 03:50 AM
maddox ftw :)

kaffeine
02-26-2008, 04:17 AM
:lol: :lol:

PS: good luck with your new social group Skizo :P

zapjb
02-26-2008, 05:17 AM
PCLOS FtW!!!! :01:

RealitY
02-26-2008, 05:24 AM
Thats funny but its got to be a copy and paste...

Skiz
02-26-2008, 05:43 AM
Like djork said... from Maddox.

Totti
02-26-2008, 06:43 AM
hmmm i agree with you that mac users are obsessed about their macs but i just bout one half a year ago and im pretty happy with i still use a pc as a home computer but as laptop my mac is really good im not going to hail it is the best computer i ever had but it works and thats what im looking for...

kooftspc11
02-26-2008, 06:57 AM
I feel the same way. i dont see how mac is superior to pc in any way. i think mac users are morons for spending that much money on their products

hopeful1
02-26-2008, 07:22 AM
dual boot and solve all the problems :D

100%
02-26-2008, 08:09 AM
Apple Juice section?

Horatiu
02-27-2008, 01:33 PM
I have dandruff, and I buy most of my jeans from a grocery store.

Like djork said... from Maddox.

Just when i thought you were the one buying your jeans from a grocery store :(
Anyway, i don't understand the hostility agains Mac users. I own a Mac and i don't go to the Windows or PC forum and offense people.

And i'm not skinny :dabs: (edit: nor fat)

I always say: if you don't like, don't bother, look away.

7th
03-02-2008, 10:53 PM
dual boot and solve all the problems :D

Agreed!

PC users can't discuss about design with MAC users... :cry:
Mac users can't discuss about diversity with PC users... :noes:

Buying a MAC for the first time an feel like you're living in a new whole world is part of the process... This thing is called publicity.

Defend the idea that you have made a nice bargain after buying something is "human behavior"!

I've just installed Leopard here and I used to prefer MAC (to work) a long time ago but not now!

Into Leopard I miss my msn fully working, lots of little programs (and I mean LOTS OF PROGRAMS) and the way "windows manage windows"... Using Vista I miss the awesome design and some nice Leo features but that's all :unsure:

Wilton331
03-05-2008, 06:27 PM
Wow. I just lost a great deal of respect for Skizo.

By viewing some of his posts and receiving help from him first hand I really thought that he had a level of maturity higher than this.

No doubt that this was stolen off another website, but for him to diss a new section for no apparent reason but to make himself look cool is disturbing.

I thought that FST and its moderators were supposed to promote a sense of community and welcomeness, but this thread does exactly the opposite. If anything it makes users like myself and many others that use Mac feel unwelcome.

This thread is awful and I think it should be erased.

7th
03-08-2008, 10:50 PM

By viewing some of his posts and receiving help from him first hand I really thought that he had a level of maturity higher than this.

No doubt that this was stolen off another website, but for him to diss a new section for no apparent reason but to make himself look cool is disturbing.

I thought that FST and its moderators were supposed to promote a sense of community and welcomeness, but this thread does exactly the opposite. If anything it makes users like myself and many others that use Mac feel unwelcome.

I think you should just stop weeping and help this part of the community... I'm sure you have lots of things to make this a great mac forum or whaterever...

btw, I think the author of this topic never had a MAC at all... He just need to tell himself that he is totally right the way he think and that he don't need to respect others point of view and liking (tastes)... :P

MaaxHimself
03-08-2008, 10:56 PM
osx86 anyone?

7th
03-08-2008, 11:19 PM
osx86 anyone?

me! :P

Skiz
03-09-2008, 06:36 AM

Good to see the pneubs have a sense of humor about themselves. :dabs:

hopeful1
03-09-2008, 07:09 AM
is Skizo Maddox?!! (http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=macs_cant)

that website is a classic!

chip19
04-10-2008, 12:48 AM
I read that before on Maddox... I LOL'd the first time. I disagree with most of it, as it seems the writer never touched a Mac. But I agree that Mac is a cult of sorts.

thewizeard
04-10-2008, 07:25 AM
Ever notice how most Mac users are skinny? It's because of all the calories they burn because they can't shut the fuck up about how great their Macs are. What is it about Apple that makes its users unable to shut their mouths? Everywhere I go, there's another asshole with a Mac preaching about how much better Macs are than PCs. They regurgitate lines directly from Apple's marketing campaign, like "it just works." I have the following rebuttals to this argument:

1. If everything on a Mac just works, then why does a website called "Mac fix it" exist, assholes? Here are a few choice topics on macfixitforums.com:

Login window stuck!
lower caSe "S" key not working!!
Menu bar keeps flashing
I can't drag and drop!
Waaaah, boo hoo! I can't drag and drop! Dumbass. Looks like your Macs aren't perfect after all, which leads me to my second point:

2. Fuck you.

I don't know why Mac users get so defensive when you call them idiots. I mean, Apple is a company that has built its entire user base around the fact that its users can't do simple things like turn their computers on. Hell, most Mac users can't even talk without using their hands, which ranks their intelligence somewhere between a simian and hog shit:

4Tq7yykR-DM

Stupid user base aside, I will never own a Mac. It's not so much that I'm a PC loyalist. I'm not. It's that I'm not stylish enough to own one. Most iPod commercials feature guys with long hair, chicks roller skating, and guys wearing fedoras. I have dandruff, and I buy most of my jeans from a grocery store. I feel like in order to have a Mac, I need to be:

An artist.
In a band.
Unemployed (see above).
After the recent Apple conference, Mac fans were elated. One person was quoted as saying "I've had a Macintosh now for a total of 35 days, and I'm really excited to be part of the Mac community." Part of the Mac community? It's a computer, not a social movement, asshole! I feel like Apple is not just selling computers, they're selling a way of life, and I'm not ready to be that heavily invested in a product. I think this parody helps illustrate Apple's unspoken message:

JixbzFjv_cU

iTunes is the new Real Player:

In doing research for this article, I decided to reinstall iTunes, a program I hadn't used since version 4 (now on 7). Here it is, just working:

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/4701/ituneserror1cr9.gif

Back in the late 90s, everyone used Real Player. Then those cocks at Real Network got greedy, and tried to get their application to take over your entire PC, and people stopped using it. Same thing is happening with Quicktime now. You can't install Quicktime anymore unless you download bullshit iTunes. This section was supposed to be longer, but I couldn't even install iTunes so I could bitch about it. Not that I could have used it for what I wanted to anyway:

"You also agree that you will not use these products for... the development, design, manufacture, or production of missiles, or nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons"

From the actual iTunes End User License Agreement.

If I want to manufacture biological weapons with my copy of iTunes, I will, fascists. Ditch this bullshit.

LOL..I like apples especially those without a worm.

It must be time to release my new OS, Doors '08.

You can then kick Windows and Apple... out of the doors :blink:

DasFox
04-10-2008, 09:17 AM
LOL, this is soooo funny +1 Skizo

You forgot, they think their users are to stupid to have a mouse with more then one button, hehe... ;)

I am a Unix/Linux geek so I think that OSX is pretty cool...

roflwaffle
05-12-2008, 02:01 AM
i couldn't agree more with skizo. macs are nothing more than pretty paperweights that sit on desks and look nice. im glad to know im not the only one that feels this way...

Grind$oFine
05-12-2008, 11:20 AM
LOL, this is soooo funny +1 Skizo

You forgot, they think their users are to stupid to have a mouse with more then one button, hehe... ;)

I am a Unix/Linux geek so I think that OSX is pretty cool...

:P
Actually the mighty mouse has a great deal more going on than just right-click/left-click. They've been more than just a single-click mouse for quite a few years now.
Everyone should go play with one for a few minutes if they haven't already.

emacman
08-09-2008, 01:59 PM
Skizo - What's that short for, schizophrenic? Definitely unhinged I'd say.

http://www.answers.com/main/images/close.gif Read more >> Options >>
http://www.answers.com/main/images/answers-logo.gif (http://www.answers.com?initiator=FFANS)