PDA

View Full Version : Dont get a seedbox from Geekrack

Argyle
02-28-2008, 01:16 AM
What a terrible experience i've had at geekrack. I actually went with their best VPS (VPS Xtreme XL http://www.geekrack.net/virtual.php ) but I could tell it was going to be slow the moment I got it. Here's the conversation with me and their "owner" who was providing "support" from their homepage:
Shequeita: Hello, how can i help you today?
Matt Wooldridge: I'd like to get a refund on my VPS.
Matt Wooldridge: The system speed is way too slow (especially for having 2gigs of ram and 1ghz cpu burstable to 2ghz), and the network speed is too slow (it's pretty obvious someone else on the line is sucking the bandwidth)
Shequeita: Unfortunately we do not offer refunds on VPS/Dedicated product line.
Matt Wooldridge: i want one anyway?
Matt Wooldridge: i'm not getting what i paid for
Shequeita: Im sorry i would not be able to offer you a refund on vps/dedicated product line.
Matt Wooldridge: is there someone above you i can talk to
Shequeita: I am the owner
Matt Wooldridge: wtf
Matt Wooldridge: so give me a refund then
Matt Wooldridge: if it was a 350mhz cpu and a 10mbit line it'd be a different story
Matt Wooldridge: but this is supposed to be a 1ghz burstable to 2ghz with a 100mbit line
Matt Wooldridge: i cant even load up my control panel most of the time because it's so slow
Matt Wooldridge: how lame is that that not even the most basic functions you're supposed to be providing are working?
Matt Wooldridge: i'm not even using 1% of my cpu load but it's still very slow. Doesnt make any sense
Matt Wooldridge: Hello?

Entire conversation has taken 16 minutes and I didnt receive a response, so i opened a new chat:
Shequeita: Hello, how can i help you today?
Matt Wooldridge: refund please thanks
Matt Wooldridge: your service sucks
Shequeita: As i stated prior we do not offer refunds on vps/dedicated services
Matt Wooldridge: it'd be understandable if i was getting what i paid for, but i am not!
Matt Wooldridge: if you're the owner then you have the ability to give refunds
Matt Wooldridge: so do it!
Shequeita: As i stated before
Shequeita: we will not be issue a refund on vps/dedicated services
Matt Wooldridge: this is not acceptable. you guys are a bunch of scam artists
Matt Wooldridge: ok if i'm stuck with you guys can I at least be moved so that i'm not sharing the bandwidth and cpu with such resource hogs?
Matt Wooldridge: HELLO
Matt Wooldridge: !?!!?!?

It really seems like i'm on a 350mhz computer with a 10mbit line...it's very slow. I've not seen upload speeds go above 1000kb/sec (even though I'm seeding about 60gb worth of files to about 5 different trackers) and even typing in a console via putty is unbelievably slow and laggy. About 90% of the time I get "Firefox cannot establish a connection" when I try to connect to my control panel as well.

Any thoughts on what I should do? How can I get my money back? My ratios are going to be screwed if I'm stuck with these people :(

Rip The Jacker
02-28-2008, 02:42 AM
You paid with a credit card?

Just file a dispute/chargeback on the amount you were charged?

halo-
02-28-2008, 02:45 AM
start your own seedbocks company and drive his out of business!

VIZFX
02-28-2008, 06:38 AM
Thanks for the heads up.

Argyle
02-28-2008, 07:39 AM

I'm going to try that next...I filed a dispute with paypal but paypal says it's not covered because "it's not a tangible item". And then paypal said something about some 5 euro fee. Lol :dabs: :frusty:

BlueLabel
02-28-2008, 08:01 AM
just stay for that month and stop the paypal payment
next month buy from different company

TheSycOPs
02-28-2008, 08:13 AM
I recently got a server from dediMove, seems to work great, but they don't give much help/support....
Just hope I can run it without any issues...hehe

But, thanx for the heads up

BlueLabel
02-28-2008, 08:15 AM
I recently got a server from dediMove, seems to work great, but they don't give much help/support....

their support is just fine
they have irc channel

Submission
02-28-2008, 09:20 AM
i had a box from dedimove last year. They will disable you for bittorrent, but they are lazy about it. For me i got to use it for a few months before they shut it down. Just a warning. Plus French servers suck.

lordoflard
02-28-2008, 10:16 AM
How do you pay for your Paypal account? (no I do not want any numbers!!).
I had a dispute that was paid for by Paypal.
Paypal had a "minimum claim value, plus an "admin fee". basically, piss off and stop bothering us.
I pay for Paypal through a creditcard.
I contacted visa and explained the dispute, (I had no proof that goods had not been sent).
On my word they offered a refund and ready to starta fraud case.
I explained this to the twat I had a problem with (ie your gonna get blacklisted by Visa).
He sent the goods next day!!

It has to be worth a call.
Geekrack need to have the credidcard companies on their side!!

Bionic
02-28-2008, 11:52 AM

I'm going to try that next...I filed a dispute with paypal but paypal says it's not covered because "it's not a tangible item". And then paypal said something about some 5 euro fee. Lol :dabs: :frusty:

They'll only issue a %10 back-money at PP, I believe.

briand5379
02-28-2008, 02:06 PM
10% is better then nothing. Frankly from the looks and price of those servers it's not a surprise they run slow. I would have paid the extra cash and got a dedi.

dunson
02-28-2008, 03:28 PM
I thought I read elsewhere that they refund everything but charge a $10 fee...

deadman232
02-29-2008, 02:49 AM

omg good luck with them, i had their server ordered it on Jan28th got it after 2 weeks, after started to use mi server was working great for 2weeks after using 1tb on bandwidth they suspended my box for using torrents so good luck because they hunt down everyone maximum 2 months.

markupmaster
02-29-2008, 02:55 AM
Damn,Sucks Bud...
:(