PDA

View Full Version : Hoi Chalice, WTF.

Mr JP Fugley
02-28-2008, 10:19 PM
What's with the Irish Bishops moving St P's day to the 15th because the 17th is Monday of Holy Week.

I'm not having that. Not having it at all, to the max.

manker
02-28-2008, 10:21 PM
Just gone twenty past ten, flowe.

Mr JP Fugley
02-28-2008, 10:24 PM
Just gone twenty past ten, flowe.

Bearing in mind that your soul will burn in the pit of hell for all eternity I'm willing to let that one slide.

That's just the kind of guy I am.

chalice
02-28-2008, 10:25 PM
Wot???

First I heard of it like!!!111

Can't be real.

Skiz
02-28-2008, 10:25 PM
Wouldn't you rather have it on a Saturday tho'?

Mr JP Fugley
02-28-2008, 10:30 PM

It's not a moveable feast, old bean. Well not prior to this nonsense.

Easter Sunday is a moveable feast (date changes to make it a Sunday). Christmas Day is not a moveable feast (it's always the 25th of December, whatever day that lands on).

You chaps have now learned where the phrase "moveable feast" comes from, in spite of your best efforts. The internets can surprise you like that.

chalice
02-28-2008, 10:38 PM
Facts please, JP.

Or at least, clickable lies.

chalice
02-28-2008, 10:47 PM

Doesn't matter wot day it's on in Ireland, Like.

It is officially Saturday and the next day is officially not going into wurk coz your head is hanging orf day.

manker
02-28-2008, 10:50 PM
Yeah, it's a bit like that here on St. David's day :emo:

manker
02-28-2008, 10:55 PM
St. Patrick's day is so fucking good that some Americans describe themselves proudly as Irish-American even tho' they've never been there.

I say 'some'; there are more Americans that describe themselves as 'Irish-American' than there are Irish folk in Ireland.
Don't give me that bollocks about heritage. It's all to do with how awesome St. Patricks day is.

chalice
02-28-2008, 10:59 PM
St. Patrick's day is so fucking good that some Americans describe themselves proudly as Irish-American even tho' they've never been there.

I say 'some'; there are more Americans that describe themselves as 'Irish-American' than there are Irish folk in Ireland.
Don't give me that bollocks about heritage. It's all to do with how awesome St. Patricks day is.

Totally agree.

There's something about wild abandon which appeals to all races.

If they can blame their BawAism on the Irish, then so much so the better.

It's nice to be an Irishman in a far-flung corner of the world on St. Patrick's Day.

Fact.

Mr JP Fugley
02-28-2008, 11:33 PM
No, it's the 17th, that's it.

I'll have no more nonsense about it.

chalice
02-28-2008, 11:36 PM
It's always gonna be the 17th.

Anything else is preposterous.

Unless the 17th falls on a Sunday. like.

Then we have to take the Monday off.

Mr JP Fugley
02-28-2008, 11:37 PM
It's always gonna be the 17th.

Anything else is preposterous.

Unless the 17th falls on a Sunday. like.

Then we have to take the Monday off.

Fixed and agreed.

chalice
02-28-2008, 11:40 PM
Agreed to the maximum capacity.

manker
02-28-2008, 11:46 PM
Just googled to see if JP is talking pish or not and found this quality pic of a dyed-in-the-wool Irishman:

http://afp.google.com/media/ALeqM5i-OX2gFDQKESFqCOkb67um4gvvkA?size=s

It's from this article (http://afp.google.com/media/ALeqM5i-OX2gFDQKESFqCOkb67um4gvvkA?size=s).

The merkin news stories for St Patrick's day outnumber the rest by about 9-1. Mental.

chalice
02-28-2008, 11:48 PM
You cannot buy a burger from an Irishman in Dublin.

Factual intimation.

And that's all I've got to say about that.

Mr JP Fugley
02-28-2008, 11:49 PM
I'm taking that manker's last as a "not"

manker
02-28-2008, 11:53 PM
I'm taking that manker's last as a "not"
Found no mention of it anywhere, like. Admittedly I didn't look hard (like thebazzla), but the absence of it sways me to think that you're rodding chavis.

:idunno:

chalice
02-29-2008, 12:01 AM
JP rods me rarely.

I'm grateful for that.

Yet, I retain ambitions.

Skiz
02-29-2008, 05:16 AM

Makes about as much sense as that 'African-American' bullshit.

Which presumptuous fuck-schmuck decided to make that phrase the PC appellation for black people in the USA? A fucking retard, that's who.

chalice
02-29-2008, 05:31 PM
Now that I think about it, I did hear something to the effect of JP's indignant, perfectly reasonable question. But I must have immediately dismissed it as madness.

Upon Gewglage, it turns out he's spot on.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/st-patricks-day-parade-is-not-a-moveable-feast-1262845.html

The Catholic Church may be fucking with St. Patrick's Day but the Irish aren't having it. Aren't having it to the minimum.

Barbarossa
02-29-2008, 05:34 PM
The comments are making me glag

It's like a mini bit-tard section :lol:

chalice
02-29-2008, 05:39 PM
What a loasd of old cobblers. St. Patricks Day is our national Holiday. It happens on March 17.
It is celebrated by the Irish diaspora world wide.
I for one dont care a whit what the Roman Catholic Church wants to do. Who cares ? This is Ireland not Rome.
Those awful days of kowtowing to the bullying of Roman Catholic rule in Ireland are done and dusted. And not a day too soon.

:lol:

chalice
02-29-2008, 05:49 PM
You don't get it Jay do you? We only have a St. Patrick's Day at all BECAUSE of the Catholic Church. Or would you like us to explain it to you in simple terms why we celebrate St. Patrick in the first place? Why we have the shamrock as the symbol of the day? You probably don't understand why wearing the colour green is so important either so may I suggest you do a bit of research and you might be able to get more out of the event than a hangover. FYI the Church never asked for the parade to be moved, just the date for the celebration of the religious element, which you are not obliged to observe if you don't want to so wind your neck in. I stopped going to the parade the day they introduced the flabby, big bottomed samba dancers. If I want to see celluite that close up I can look in the mirror.
Boy do I want to see your faces the day Sharia law is introduced into Ireland, you'll know all about oppression then...

Double :lol:

Mr JP Fugley
02-29-2008, 08:56 PM
Thing is, Ireland isn't even a Catholic country so it really is madness on madness.

St Patrick's Cathedral, Dublin is in fact Anglican. There isn't a Catholic Cathedral there.

chalice
02-29-2008, 09:02 PM
Thing is, Ireland isn't even a Catholic country so it really is madness on madness.

St Patrick's Cathedral, Dublin is in fact Anglican. There isn't a Catholic Cathedral there.

True story. Dublin is actually pretty much ultra-conservative.

If you've ever met a snob from Dublin, you will inevitably concur. Fuck, they are boring cunts to the max.

Good job they don't drink in pubs.

Stabbings would escalate exponentially.

Mr JP Fugley
02-29-2008, 09:05 PM
The proper Catholic St Patrick's Cathedral is in New York.

So it's really the Irish-American Bishops who would make any definitive decision.

It would still be the 17th tho'.

chalice
02-29-2008, 09:11 PM
It can't be anything else, JP.

17th March is officially designated as a Bank Holiday. If it falls on a weekend, it is carried through to the Monday.

We are having our day off and that's that.

Fuck sake, even the huns are jumping on the bandwagon now. See day off- take it.

I remember a time when the huns locked their kids in the house on St P's Day while the rest of the country partied out.

Back to your drums, cunts.

Mr JP Fugley
02-29-2008, 09:20 PM
Are you suggesting I shouldn't celebrate the Battle of The Boyne as is my tradition.

chalice
02-29-2008, 09:21 PM
Are you suggesting I shouldn't celebrate the Battle of The Boyne as is my tradition.

No, I'm suggesting that you can celebrate it all you like as long as you shoot yourself afterwards.

Mr JP Fugley
02-29-2008, 09:23 PM
So taking the day off and watching BBC NI is a no-no for this year.

chalice
02-29-2008, 09:29 PM
Time schisms are peculiar.

The Boyne fiasco occurred several months/centuries later.

And will they fuck up about it?

At least St. Patrick got rid of them damn snakes. :rolleyes:

All the Boyne did was bring them in.

Mr JP Fugley
02-29-2008, 09:31 PM
I'm taking that as a "Hell No".