PDA

View Full Version : DVDrw not showing up

barryk32
02-29-2008, 11:20 PM
My dvdr-w packed up the other day so I thought I would take the one out of my copying machine and put it in my pc as I knew that one was fine.

It is a phillips spd2400 but no matter what I seem to do I cannot get it to show up on device manager.

I have tried cdgone but that didn't help.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

clocker
03-01-2008, 01:09 AM
You could try another cable (is this IDE?) and maybe even another IDE port...

tutipute
03-01-2008, 10:25 AM
My dvdr-w packed up the other day so I thought I would take the one out of my copying machine and put it in my pc as I knew that one was fine.

It is a phillips spd2400 but no matter what I seem to do I cannot get it to show up on device manager.

I have tried cdgone but that didn't help.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Does it show up on the bios configuration screen?

necromantic
03-04-2008, 06:43 PM
I ran into a similar problem to this. I thought my dvd drive was dead at first, tried swapping it and it still didn't show. It was an issue with my upperfilters and lowerfilters.

Quoted from pcadvisor.co.uk

and if no joy look for and remove the upper and lower filters.

Restore Missing CD/Dvd Drives

Missing cd/dvd drive
If it is showing an error code:
Code 19, Code 31, Code 32, Code 39, or Code 41
, delete the drive.

Then follow these directions for clearing the Upper/Lower Filters: (might want to print this out)

1. Click on Start --> Run --> and type in 'regedit' followed by the enter key ( if Vista Start search or windows+R )
2. Expand the "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" key (looks like a folder) by double clicking it (or
3. clicking the "+" next to it.)
4. Expand the "SYSTEM" Key
5. Expand the "CurrentControlSet" Key
6. Expand the "Control" Key
7. Expand the "Class" Key
8. Please look for a key containing the following string of letter and numbers:
{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
9. High light this key by left clicking once on it
10. On the right hand side you are looking for "UpperFilters" and "LowerFilters" under the "Name" column, once you find these please delete them by right clicking on them and choosing "delete"
11. Please exit the registry by clicking on the "X" in the top right hand corner of the screen

Reboot your computer