PDA

View Full Version : "with mail"

Argyle
03-02-2008, 05:46 PM
Can someone tell me why some people will put like "bcg with mail", "sct with mail"? What is the significance of with or without mail? Dont all trackers require an email address?

mrnobody
03-02-2008, 05:47 PM
in some tracker u can't change email, that's why.

popcop23
03-02-2008, 05:51 PM
exacly.

Argyle
03-02-2008, 05:52 PM
Which brings us to the last question I asked: dont all trackers require an email to signup?

The Gladiator
03-02-2008, 05:53 PM
Which brings us to the last question I asked: dont all trackers require an email to signup?

Yes.

Argyle
03-02-2008, 05:54 PM

Yes.

So what is the significance!?

Bionic
03-02-2008, 05:56 PM
Confirmation, connection.

1000possibleclaws
03-02-2008, 05:57 PM
you cant change the email once you sign up, so after you guys trade the other person will change your email address on the account you gave him, and then he will recover the password to his email address which you couldnt change, thus getting a free account.

Sanka113
03-02-2008, 06:00 PM
Most places allow you to change your email at anytime, however some trackers don't allow you to do this. This is to prevent trading of accounts. Whoever is in control of the email address typically has control of the account, ie password recovery. Because of scammers amongst traders they always prefer to have an account + email so they can be in full control of the account.

Argyle
03-02-2008, 06:02 PM
Most places allow you to change your email at anytime, however some trackers don't allow you to do this. This is to prevent trading of accounts. Whoever is in control of the email address typically has control of the account, ie password recovery. Because of scammers amongst traders they always prefer to have an account + email so they can be in full control of the account.
Ok this makes more sense now, but that would mean that some people are allowed to change their emails addresses at BCG while others are not?

stoi
03-02-2008, 06:09 PM
you are allowed to change your email, you just have to ask staff, this makes staff extra dilligent to look for an ip change on that account, so if its a trade, bye bye account.

Something Else
03-02-2008, 06:10 PM
If somebody wants to change their email address, has a valid reason and their ip address remains the same, then it might be ok to change. As for BCG ask stoi.

EDIT: Ah, too slow. ^ lol

Argyle
03-02-2008, 06:22 PM
you are allowed to change your email, you just have to ask staff, this makes staff extra dilligent to look for an ip change on that account, so if its a trade, bye bye account.
so why would someone say "with mail"? :pinch:
btw, I dont want to give the wrong impression...I'm not trying to trade for an account (though I do REALLY want to get in your site--as I said in your thread it's why I came to FST), but I see people say they have BCG + mail and i'm wondering wtf they're talking about lol

sovaz
03-02-2008, 06:31 PM
@Argyle
I think that there's enough posts in this thread to make u understand wat 'with email' is. This is obviously the only thing people can give together with their account. N hence, this is why u don't see 'with IP' or 'with password' :P

Argyle
03-02-2008, 06:34 PM
@Argyle
I think that's enough posts in this thread to make u understand wat 'with email' is. This is obviously the only thing people can give together with their account. N hence, this is why u don't see 'with IP' or 'with password' :P
aaaaah, that last little sarcastic remark actually made me get it...he's giving his actual email account WITH the site acc. I thought the mail part had something to do with the site too
feel free to close now mods :)

WarrenBuffet
03-02-2008, 06:36 PM
it means they think that the tracker is so important that their own personal email should go along with it

saqib
03-02-2008, 06:47 PM
well i dont think so if some users got this option at bcg that they can change email , not sure about it..

stoi
03-02-2008, 06:50 PM
No one can change their email, even staff cant change their own, someone higher up than them have to do it, if i want to change mine i have to do it in the DB. i cant do it from the site at all.

mrnobody
03-02-2008, 06:53 PM
so why would someone say "with mail"? :pinch:
btw, I dont want to give the wrong impression...I'm not trying to trade for an account (though I do REALLY want to get in your site--as I said in your thread it's why I came to FST), but I see people say they have BCG + mail and i'm wondering wtf they're talking about lol

As previously said, in some tracker you can't change your email by yourself (ex: BCG)

If one is trading a site (where they can't change email) it is important to have email as well. If not, the original owner can always use 'forgot my password' and send new login info to his email.

Quarter
03-02-2008, 06:58 PM
Some sites can ban you for changing mail+pass so if you only change the pass nothing happens.

samahzzzzzz
03-02-2008, 08:02 PM
stoi lay off traders they all like you and fantasize about you in their dreams ..

amade
03-05-2008, 11:54 AM
Out of curiosity, exactly which sites prohibits email change? In this thread, I found BCG and SCT only.

predateur
03-05-2008, 11:57 AM

or its risky to change the password + mail (sometimes = ban) so people want the mail to change only the password :)

amade
03-18-2008, 05:57 AM

or its risky to change the password + mail (sometimes = ban) so people want the mail to change only the password :)

Then which tracker ban if both email and password changes? Anybody knows the list?