PDA

View Full Version : Who has it easier the "Trader" or "Anti Trader"

Totti
03-02-2008, 07:11 PM
So here's the poll what do you guys rekon is an easier way to move up in the torrenting world by trading or by being an anti trader and giving away invites and making requests for free ones ?

Do not Flame each other just a way to see what the community thinks

kaffeine
03-02-2008, 07:16 PM
Are we on that part of the cycle again?? :dabs:
(I think the FTN vs ScT was skipped this time around lol)

mrnobody
03-02-2008, 07:17 PM
where is "non-trader"?

SCR
03-02-2008, 07:18 PM
where is "non-trader"?

+1

Cruel
03-02-2008, 07:18 PM
The traders has it easier but have to live with the fear of beeing caught I guess...

The Gladiator
03-02-2008, 07:20 PM
"The Trader".

stoi
03-02-2008, 07:23 PM
both are easy, trader is quicker, so you need more patience to be a non trader.

unless you are a community member (get involved in the forums etc) then you can rise very quickly to other trackers out there.

saqib
03-02-2008, 07:23 PM
cruel explained the fact in a very concise manner ,
as it z said , " u ll have to loose something to get something " :(

Totti
03-02-2008, 07:30 PM

unless you are a community member (get involved in the forums etc) then you can rise very quickly to other trackers out there.
yes but first you need to be part of a community based tracker :dabs:

samahzzzzzz
03-02-2008, 07:34 PM
trading for sure ...

znik
03-02-2008, 07:39 PM
not again...

fatcat69
03-02-2008, 07:41 PM

Which basically is what bitorrent is all about.:)

+1 for community member!

stoi
03-02-2008, 07:42 PM
I did mean here as well btw, not just a tracker, staff do prowl here not just to ban traders but to invite members we think will be good for our community to our sites.

samahzzzzzz
03-02-2008, 07:44 PM
stoi (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../members/stoi-438) i love you

Hrvoje
03-02-2008, 07:45 PM
torrents=getting new files quick

community is in second plan

samahzzzzzz
03-02-2008, 07:48 PM
community lol

stoi
03-02-2008, 07:50 PM

I dont agree.

Getting torrents quick tells me your greedy and more likely to not seed back what you take on every torrent. bollocks to this seed 1 torrent to a 100 ratio then rape the tracker dry of everything else.

Community is getting members that are not greedy, like to give back what they take on every torrent,as well as participate in the forums and IRC (IRC is not everyones cup of tea though)

Totti
03-02-2008, 08:05 PM

I dont agree.

Getting torrents quick tells me your greedy and more likely to not seed back what you take on every torrent. bollocks to this seed 1 torrent to a 100 ratio then rape the tracker dry of everything else.

Community is getting members that are not greedy, like to give back what they take on every torrent,as well as participate in the forums and IRC (IRC is not everyones cup of tea though)
to tell you the truth i actually prefer irc over forums much more active when allot of users are there response times are faster and the conversation flows allot better
IRC=rulez :)

asoto
03-02-2008, 09:17 PM
IRC=rulez http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../../images/smilies/smile.gif
I agree :)

Btw I voted for anti trader.

Night0wl
03-02-2008, 09:51 PM
Non trader as they don't have to worry about getting thrown out again once they are in.

As for Anti or Trader, I have no idea. Those that label themselves Anti-Traders are usually damn annoying spammers, which probably annoys staff almost as much as the traders.

Didn't vote as both options are just as bad

znik
03-02-2008, 10:30 PM
A trader can easily rent a seedbox and trade it with all those retards here, who would trade not just their invites, but even their mother for that.

seppypom
03-03-2008, 12:03 AM
where is "non-trader"?

Thats what i thought!

pro267
03-03-2008, 12:11 AM
A trader can easily rent a seedbox and trade it with all those retards here, who would sell not just their invites, but even their mother for that.
/fixed

SAM
03-03-2008, 12:20 AM
I think no one has it easier then the other.
1-Antitrader has a long way to prove himself to others.
2-Trader always risks his ass to get banned or scammed and all of that for the thrill sake.
3-Non-trader even worse than antitrader cause the traders hates him and the antitraders look at him as a traitor for the high cause and don't trust him easily.
whatever you choose you are fucked :D
so best you choose what it really suits and pleases you.At least you will enjoy the fuck.

SenorBubbz
03-03-2008, 12:27 AM
I think no one has it easier then the other.
1-Antitrader has a long way to prove himself to others.
2-Trader always risks his ass to get banned or scammed and all of that for the thrill sake.
3-Non-trader even worse than antitrader cause the traders hates him and the antitraders look at him as a traitor for the high cause and don't trust him easily.
whatever you choose you are fucked :D
so best you choose what it really suits and pleases you.At least you will enjoy the fuck.

Very true. And Jesus didn't kill himself.

SAM
03-03-2008, 01:08 AM
it's your opinion
actually this a true quote not something i made up and it was been said here.

SgtMajor
03-03-2008, 02:27 AM
Don't feed the animals, so stay away from the zoo :P

1000possibleclaws
03-03-2008, 02:30 AM
it's your opinion

can you link me to the story of jesus killing himself? or make a quick synopsis? ive never heard of that one, but im no christian so i havnt bothered to read most of their stories

TP635
03-03-2008, 03:09 AM
it's your opinion

The fact that you quote a source does not mean that the quote is true. Like wise I can quote sources that will make other religion look stupid.

SAM
03-03-2008, 04:02 AM
I didn't say it's true.I said it's a true quote so if you wanna blame someone blame the writer not me.

Night0wl
03-03-2008, 04:08 AM
I didn't say it's true.I said it's a true quote so if you wanna blame someone blame the writer not me.

Your sig is tasteless and the only reason you have it is to start flamewars. Why not just admit it?

SAM
03-03-2008, 04:10 AM
I won't change it.mate
it's my sig and i don't care whether you like it or not
and you are the one who want to start a flame war.
End of discussion

Night0wl
03-03-2008, 04:14 AM
Did I tell you to change it?

Admit /= change

Cabalo
03-03-2008, 04:16 AM
back on topic, i think the circumstances dictate the way people take.
and what many of those anti-traders noobs don't seem to recall is that publicly giving away invites is as bad as trading them, at the eyes of most trackers.

about account trading, i honestly don't see the sense in it, maybe i'm an oldskooler and prefer start from the scratch my own existence at the desired tracker...

1000possibleclaws
03-03-2008, 04:38 AM
I won't change it.mate
it's my sig and i don't care whether you like it or not
and you are the one who want to start a flame war.
End of discussion

link me to where you quoted that from, im curious im not mad at ya.

ShadowsServant
03-03-2008, 04:52 AM
Non trader as they don't have to worry about getting thrown out again once they are in.

As for Anti or Trader, I have no idea. Those that label themselves Anti-Traders are usually damn annoying spammers, which probably annoys staff almost as much as the traders.

Didn't vote as both options are just as bad
+1
My thoughts exactly.

fOrUmAs
03-03-2008, 11:35 AM
So here's the poll what do you guys rekon is an easier way to move up in the torrenting world by trading or by being an anti trader and giving away invites and making requests for free ones ?

Do not Flame each other just a way to see what the community thinks

lol im not trader,but i can tell u for sure that im not an *anti trader* also,i really dont care what people do

BlueLabel
03-03-2008, 11:39 AM
hackers maybe???
to be a tracker moderator???
what about being a billionaire?? I sure is very easy when you billionaire.
or... sqirrel friend :P

FatBob
03-03-2008, 11:56 AM
aunty trader

:kiss:

grimms
03-03-2008, 12:04 PM
back on topic, i think the circumstances dictate the way people take.
and what many of those anti-traders noobs don't seem to recall is that publicly giving away invites is as bad as trading them, at the eyes of most trackers.

I agree. I'm one of the noobs, Cabalo is speaking of. I stopped doing public giveaway's recently due to losing two trackers over doing public giveaway's within FST (It's very frowned upon). It could also be perceived, as bad as trading (Which is a no, no with most good reputable trackers, if not, all at this point). Who has it easier? Anti-Traders probably. But we have way more to prove in the long run, due to all the flac we get from, traders and sometimes non-traders.

On Topic:

It could be easier for us to just say "I don't care about traders and what they do, as long as it ain't effecting me" but then you get labeled someone who doesn't really care about your community (Most of the time that is). Feel free to critique(Be Positive), flame(Be disrespectful), criticize (Be negative), towards this post, if need be.

sokrates
03-03-2008, 01:59 PM
i think it depends on wether you have a dedicated server or an aquivalent connection to buffer accs. if you have one you can surely gain access to some trackers. i think you will get more of what you so desperately seek by not trading at all in the end and you wont have to worry how long your acc will last. and you dont piss off people who trusted you with an invite by trading the acc to the next best dude..

Something Else
03-03-2008, 03:04 PM
Neither. :dabs:

AugustoP
03-03-2008, 03:58 PM
I've never traded, but I've got everything I need (including some high level) except for one tracker. I guess now it's almost impossible to get accounts at top trackers by trading with admins actively trying to stop trading.

i think it depends on wether you have a dedicated server or an aquivalent connection to buffer accs.

Now you need to have something like 1TB buffer at SCT or BMTV to trade up. It will cost around $100 but then you'll need to find a person who will accepts risks involved in account trading.

Olskool
03-03-2008, 04:02 PM
antitrader or free invites.

5+4=9
03-03-2008, 04:19 PM
Even if i prefer to start the account by myself i got nothing against trading and if ever need it i will do it (not in the near time :))

80% of anti-traders are noobs wanting to be leet, the other 20% are the ones who already got what they wanted (most of them by trading :dabs:)

grimms
03-03-2008, 04:42 PM
80% of anti-traders are noobs wanting to be leet, the other 20% are the ones who already got what they wanted (most of them by trading :dabs:)

Got mostly everything I ever wanted and never had to trade for it. I just made friends, became active, and helped others. BT Staff and good members notice that. I'm speaking for myself, others i'm sure can relate. You don't have to trade to get what you want.

Vercors
03-03-2008, 06:32 PM
The one who doesn't care

Shadowfire
03-03-2008, 08:12 PM
It really depends on the type of person you are. If you're an eloquent friendly person, then you're probably going to easily make your way into the top sites by making friends and connections, going the "antitrader" way (although, just because you DON'T trade, doesn't mean you're ANTI trade). If you're sly and quick at business, you're better off being a trader. A trader would have to hide well from tracker admins, and an antitrader would have to be more patient. I suppose I have frequently done things the "antitrader way".

Dark Archon
03-03-2008, 08:45 PM
i wouldn't risk my accounts to a trader :D

marquinhooo
03-03-2008, 09:02 PM
Anti Trader!!! =)

samahzzzzzz
03-03-2008, 09:06 PM
Anti Trader!!! =)

yes anti-trader for sure ,traders suck , they should die , they ruin our private community where we love each other and live in peace .

zallofa
03-03-2008, 09:36 PM
ur question is who get invites easy ? i think the anti-trader because he knows all trackers staff

Defy
03-03-2008, 09:46 PM
Sadly I believe trading is the faster way to climb up the ladder in the BT world. Not only is it against tracker rules, but you also risk losing new and old accounts because of it.

"All things come to he who waits." :)

Make friends and become part of respectable trackers that way.

SenorBubbz
03-03-2008, 10:07 PM
tied at last

soulreaper
03-04-2008, 06:46 PM
This poll clearly shows that it's split right in the middle and there are far too many permutations and combinations for me to pick a winner here.
May the force be with you to make the correct choice.

Blackbeard
03-04-2008, 06:48 PM
the anti trader.

Actatoi
03-04-2008, 06:49 PM
I got it easy, guess what I'm.

Ah fuck it, I'm an idiot. Now you know.

Sawyer2020
03-04-2008, 06:55 PM
I cant see none traders in that
I got most and I wasn't really trader and I'm not anti trader either
I believe that you should be helping guy and if u need help later U will get it easy

@ SgtMajor I was try send you pm but you close it off

VIZFX
03-04-2008, 07:15 PM
Trading will end up biting you in the ass in the end!

superclover
03-04-2008, 09:56 PM
non trader.they may start off slow, but the key is to making friends. you will feel all the more better when you recieve the invite, you gett a better feeling when giving an invite, and frendships are strengthened all around. i have made many strong trustworthy friends through making frends and simply sharing. trading: you will likely to be scammed at least once, you may have accounts deleted upon trade, and you lose all respect from trackers. it is my opinion that you cannot be a good member of the community if you are trying to trade invites off it

amade
03-05-2008, 10:58 AM
Up to some level, GA is absoultely much better. However, after you finish getting accounts on 'easy' trackers, it gets much harder to get something by GA or request, even though you have pretty good rep points and # of posts...

Then It's time that the friends you got during GA or activities in the comunity become your big helper (of course, you also become a big helper to them because you have many invites in good trackers)...

Annoyed
03-05-2008, 11:15 AM
I don't like trading, or giving away on public forums(like here). It's always my luck to trade or give to some complete idiot that just wants the tracker for bragging rights(and never downloads), or is just looking to trade it. I rarely invite a member, that I don't know, that actually does good at the tracker I invited him to.

So I'm going to say the anti-trader. The staff member has to think that's better than being a trader, so you would have a better chance getting into their site.