PDA

View Full Version : Transfer files from home computer to seedbox ?

NekohDot
03-03-2008, 01:22 AM
How would this be done because i have some files on my computer that i want to transfer to my seedbox so i can make a pack for some trackers.

TheWho420
03-03-2008, 01:25 AM
ftp

mrnobody
03-03-2008, 02:06 AM
or you could just copy w/e u wanna transfer to external HD (or some other storing device/ place), login into seedbox with remote axx, and then paste it in.

SgtMajor
03-03-2008, 02:13 AM
How would this be done because i have some files on my computer that i want to transfer to my seedbox so i can make a pack for some trackers.

What do you use to get files from your seedbox to your PC?

mrnobody
03-03-2008, 02:15 AM

What do you use to get files from your seedbox to your PC?

he probably doesn't use any.

NekohDot
03-03-2008, 02:15 AM
I download from the ftp with IDM because its faster than using flashfxp or cute ftp.

EDIT:I've only downloaded one thing from my seedbox and it was real slow on cuteftp so i tried IDM and it was much faster.

SgtMajor
03-03-2008, 02:25 AM
I never get why people can't install and setup an FTP server & client properly to get max speed from seedboxes, no matter which company I've had, I have always managed to max out my 20MB+ home line.

Learn about threads & connections and granting users permissions and you will do fine, you can even manage files & directories from within a good FTP client and thereby minimizing the amount of times you need to log into the actual box.

Take some time out learning http://www.serv-u.com/

Sylar666
03-03-2008, 06:58 AM
In my case - Hungarian unicum - it's a one way ticket. I can't upload to my seedbox, but I can easily download form it - assuming I want to watch the film in question. I use Total Commander for FTP file - transfer, and it's working flawlessly - really nice and easy.

kooftspc11
03-03-2008, 09:19 AM
I download from the ftp with IDM because its faster than using flashfxp or cute ftp.

EDIT:I've only downloaded one thing from my seedbox and it was real slow on cuteftp so i tried IDM and it was much faster.

+1 IDM is the shit!

fatcat69
03-03-2008, 04:35 PM
Dude follow my guide in my signature.

Make sure that FTP is ssl.

I max my home connection out at 10mb/s with my FTP and cuteftp, you gotta make sure you set it to use multiple connections otherwise youll just use 1 thread at a time ;-)

Follow the guide, it will show you the way.