PDA

View Full Version : qustion about multi-account one ip

Cow King
03-03-2008, 10:56 AM
i got a Dedicated server that im sharing with someone.
I would like to know if we both can connect to the same tracker because we got the same ip?

renwickftw
03-03-2008, 11:20 AM
Most likely not, since the tracker will think that you have 2 accounts.

Polarbear
03-03-2008, 11:23 AM
I would like to know if we both can connect to the same tracker because we got the same ip?

if i understand you correctly that would be a double account. as far as i know most tracker don't allow this.

a good way to get a proper answer to this question is to read the faq, rules or contact staff on the tracker you are talking about.
that's what they are meant for.

predateur
03-03-2008, 11:50 AM

dont connect to accounts from your server, user the Webui , and just add torrents, you and your friend can add the same torrents of the same trackers with no problem,

Cow King
03-03-2008, 12:11 PM

dont connect to accounts from your server, user the Webui , and just add torrents, you and your friend can add the same torrents of the same trackers with no problem,

good idea i like

kyuuchi
03-03-2008, 12:17 PM
Its best to alert the staff first. Plus, you two should never cross path. If you both are after the same torrent, save it in 2 different directory. If one downloads and both seeds the same torrent, it could be seen as using multiple account.

saqib
03-03-2008, 01:29 PM
i had been in the same situation , and got blocked from dctorrents , so b carefull , better ask the staff first , explain your situation and i hope they ll let u to do so.

Artemis
03-03-2008, 01:43 PM

Errrrr.........no, the server IP will be seen as the one downloading/uploading the files, so if you are both downloading from the same tracker it will be seen as a multiple a/c. The server should have a secondary IP attached most are supplied with 2-3 IP addresses you can simply run multiple instances of your bit torrent client bound to different IP addresses, with separate IP's for each a/c there will be no problem.

amade
03-05-2008, 11:31 AM
In my experience, it seems that some trackers (including high level ones) don't check IP stuffs. You may find related explanations on FAQ or forum.