PDA

View Full Version : Help sharing a Hosting-ie VPS

That1Guy
03-03-2008, 06:30 PM
My friend and I could really use some help setting up a seedbox for us to share.

The box is already set up for one person to use, but we cant figure out how to share it correctly/efficiently.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

jonny81985
03-03-2008, 06:34 PM
Yea this is for me and him, we keep running into so many problems... If anyone can help us out that wold be awesome :)

PirateEagle
03-03-2008, 06:45 PM
is it windows or linux if it is windows then just made a new user in user accs :D and if it is linux like fedora you could check this great tutorial by KFlint
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/f-guides-and-tutorials-65/t-filesharing-setup-multiple-utorrents-linux-server-202587

jonny81985
03-03-2008, 07:13 PM
it wont let us make multiple accounts, it says maxed out connections....

slayer2005
03-03-2008, 08:09 PM
Is it windows or linux?
if its is windows there is a way to make 3 logins.

That1Guy
03-03-2008, 08:14 PM
it is windows...where is the option to make more logins?

Edit:

Found it and created my own name, seems to be working. we will see when jonny gets back though.

Thanks for your help so far

slayer2005
03-03-2008, 11:09 PM
kk if it dont work send me a pm n i send u a web page tutorial.:-)

dunson
03-04-2008, 02:07 AM
Please explain how you did this, because I'll be in this situation as soon as they get my box up. Thanks.

What kinds of problems were you running into, by the way?

Artemis
03-04-2008, 02:22 AM
Please explain how you did this, because I'll be in this situation as soon as they get my box up. Thanks.

What kinds of problems were you running into, by the way?

There are tutuorials here on how to configure a Windows based seedbox for multiple users. It is however fairly simple:
1. Create a new user and give them access permissions needed
2. Make sure the secondary IP is bound to the network adaptor
3. Have a second copy of utorrent in a different directory, create a desktop
shortcut and add the /recover switch to the shortcut
4. Set up a remote desktop log in to the server with the other a/c and log
in via the second IP.
5. Run the second copy of utorrent and configure the bind options to the
second IP address. Make sure also that the separate instances of utorrent download to different directories, so that nothing gets overwritten.
6. The only other thing you have to configure is FTP access for both people

dunson
03-04-2008, 02:26 AM
That's not bad at all. Thanks! I assumed it was tricky if the OP was having some problems, because he seemed to know what he is doing.

What about just running two different torrent clients? I guess uTorrent is ok, but I've been digging rTorrent (don't know if thats even possible on Windows, but on my Mac it runs so nicely).

Artemis
03-04-2008, 04:02 AM
rtorrent can't be run in Windows but there are many clients,the main point is to have the two clients running on separate IP addresses so that there is no duplication on trackers, the fastest way to get disabled after a cheat is to share an account so if there are multiple users on the same IP address, then you usually get banned.