PDA

View Full Version : Skizo, did u know theres alot of news about your state :)

WarrenBuffet
03-03-2008, 09:17 PM
Just in case u didn't know, ppl r gonna vote for their candidates 2morrow.

But seriously, How is the advertising in Texas right now? Are all the tv ads political?

Busyman™
03-03-2008, 11:40 PM
Just in case u didn't know, ppl r gonna vote for their candidates 2morrow.

But seriously, How is the advertising in Texas right now? Are all the tv adds political?

:glag:

Skiz
03-04-2008, 04:13 AM
Well, a democrate doesn't stand a chance here, but whatever... There's a few ads, but nothing overwhelming at all. The usual, I'd say.

I think I'm going to vote for Hillary in the primary just to help nudge Obama out. I think they're both full of hot air, but I'd rather see her get the Democratic nomination. Obviously voting McCain in November though.

grimms
03-04-2008, 05:33 AM
Well, a democrate doesn't stand a chance here, but whatever... There's a few ads, but nothing overwhelming at all. The usual, I'd say.

I think I'm going to vote for Hillary in the primary just to help nudge Obama out. I think they're both full of hot air, but I'd rather see her get the Democratic nomination. Obviously voting McCain in November though.

Hopefully Obama will close the deal. I would be quite surprised to see him win Texas, but he is up by 1% in texas. Hopefully he'll close the deal in Ohio as well. It's a dead heat in DEM territory. I could care less for republicans or the conservatives, but John McCain, will close both Texas and Ohio(IMO). Also he has a good interesting story, that I watched on MSNBC and enjoyed. (Too old to run this country though).

Busyman™
03-04-2008, 06:58 PM

Toe that party line as always, even if voting for a fool.

At least this time I can see McCain as a good candidate though.

I'm leaning toward voting for him too. He has some qualities I like about a politician. He'll go against his own party even if it sides with liberal ideas if he thinks it's right. He's a maverick and I like mavericks.

That's funny you might vote for Obama. The Republican party is scared as shit of him. If Clinton wins, McCain wins imo.

One person that I always thought would have won by a landslide years ago was General Colin Powell. He would've had the Republican vote and the crossover vote by huge numbers.

Skiz
03-04-2008, 08:59 PM
That's funny you might vote for Obama. The Republican party is scared as shit of him. If Clinton wins, McCain wins imo.

Read that again. I said I will probably vote for Hillary in the primary to nudge out Obama. That being for the exact reason you touched on, to help McCain.

One person that I always thought would have won by a landslide years ago was General Colin Powell. He would've had the Republican vote and the crossover vote by huge numbers.

I certainly would have voted for him. He made a strong impression in 2000 but made it known very early on that if the race becomes personal and attacks begin involving his family, he would drop out. Someone in the media broke some bs story about his wife and he called it quits. :dabs:

Skiz
03-05-2008, 04:20 AM
They're tied 50-50 right now.... Billary won Ohio tho' (as well as VT and RI. :wank:).

Busyman™
03-05-2008, 05:03 AM
Read that again. I said I will probably vote for Hillary in the primary to nudge out Obama. That being for the exact reason you touched on, to help McCain.

Shit man, I meant to say Hillary.

I certainly would have voted for him. He made a strong impression in 2000 but made it known very early on that if the race becomes personal and attacks begin involving his family, he would drop out. Someone in the media broke some bs story about his wife and he called it quits. :dabs:

Damn.

Busyman™
03-05-2008, 05:06 AM
They're tied 50-50 right now.... Billary won Ohio tho' (as well as VT and RI. :wank:).

From what I understand, if Hillary doesn't win TX, she's out.

It's at 58% reporting and it's Hillary 51%/Obama 48%.

Too early to call, that's for sure.

Skiz
03-05-2008, 05:29 AM
Not sure where she'll stand if she doesn't, now that she's won Ohio.

Funny though how last week Bill C. said that it was crucial that Hillary win Ohio and Texas if she wanted to have an chance of winning the nomination, and ever since it seems they've had him stuffed in small towns keeping him quiet. He's off the main cities for a bit, that's for sure.

On a side note, I forgot how badass this Aquemini album was....

SAM
03-05-2008, 05:45 AM
But seriously,who do you think is better for America as a president?
from what i know?
USA's budget is trillion dollars short.
there is an economical depression coming.
many people are losing there jobs daily.
you are engaging in two fruitless wars and it seems you are going for the third one shortly.
what's best for America?

grimms
03-05-2008, 05:50 AM
(as well as VT and RI. :wank:).

Don't wank too hard just yet. Hillary won Ohio and RI. Not VT. Obama swept that state. Lets hope the same for Texas.

grimms
03-05-2008, 05:57 AM
from what i know?
you are engaging in two fruitless wars and it seems you are going for the third one shortly.
what's best for America?

Obama. Hillary is to wishy washy for me... plus i'm sick and tired of the last name Clinton or Bush at this rate. John McCain is too fucking old(Bush Version 2), Huckabee (See ya). I love the whole agent for "Change" movement going on in Obama's camp. Right now I'm "Sold" on that idea. Alot is going on in America right now, that needs to be acted upon. High Unemployment rate, Healthcare, Rising Gas Costs, Education, even the fucking dollar doesn't mean shit anymore in the US. Hopefully Obama can uplift those statistics alittle bit. Undo the mess, Bush put us in. Especially that ugly ass 9 Trillion Dollar deficit.:dabs:

Skiz
03-05-2008, 05:59 AM
from what i know?
what's best for America?

I think McCain will be best, but that's far too debatable to even attempt to discuss in an interwebs forum, imo.

Hardly topics for the Lounge and certainly difficult to answer in a few words but I'll try.

Our deficit is enormous, yes, and far more than a trillion dollars. Most of which is owed to oil related countries and China. The last countries we want to be in the pocket of, but... :dabs:

Recession? More than likely but it has little to do with the deficit but more about federal rates, mortgage bs, etc... Economies go up and down... fact of life.

Many people lose jobs daily but many gain them as well. The average unemployment rate for 2007 was only 4.6%; not bad at all really. It isn't like it's difficult to find a job.

I can't speak too much about the war as I haven't paid too much attention in the past few months. :huh:

grimms
03-05-2008, 06:03 AM
We all know that war was fabricated. For the "Real Power To Be's" The Oil companies. That war needs to end right now. Whoever ends up being the next president, needs to push the end war button. Oh yea? I forgot... If it's John McClain, then expect those troops to stay overseas in Iraq for another 100 years or so(So unnecessary).

Skiz
03-05-2008, 06:08 AM
Obama. Hillary is to wishy washy for me... plus i'm sick and tired of the last name Clinton or Bush at this rate. John McCain is too fucking old(Bush Version 2), Huckabee (See ya). I love the whole agent for "Change" movement going on in Obama's camp. Right now I'm "Sold" on that idea.

Joining the flock, huh?

I also love how you quoted "Sold" on that idea. :lol::noes:

Every President runs on the "change" ticket and it's old as fuck.

Alot is going on in America right now, that needs to be acted upon. High Unemployment rate, Healthcare, Rising Gas Costs, Education, even the fucking dollar doesn't mean shit anymore in the US. Hopefully Obama can uplift those statistics alittle bit. Undo the mess, Bush put us in. Especially that ugly ass 9 Trillion Dollar deficit.:dabs:

We had an enormous deficit long before Bush was ever inaugurated. Not that he's done anything to help it, but neither has any other President.

The unemployment rate is not high.

As for health care, what about it? :unsure:

Rising gas costs are almost wholly due to the selling nations figuring out that we will pay whatever we have to for gas.

Skiz
03-05-2008, 06:12 AM
We all know that war was fabricated. For the "Real Power To Be's" The Oil companies. That war needs to end right now. Whoever ends up being the next president, needs to push the end war button. Oh yea? I forgot... If it's John McClain, then expect those troops to stay overseas in Iraq for another 100 years or so(So unnecessary).

Wow... you really have some selective hearing there.

"Fabricated"? Get a fucking clue. That doesn't even deserve a further response. Go jerk off to Loose Change again or something...

And he didn't flat out say they would be there for 100 years, he said they would stay the course of this battle and finish what we started so that all we've done would not be in vain, whether that be 5 years, 50 years, or 100 years. It was an exaggeration to prove a point.

grimms
03-05-2008, 06:24 AM
Joining the flock, huh?

I also love how you quoted "Sold" on that idea. :lol::noes:

Every President runs on the "change" ticket and it's old as fuck.

The unemployment rate is not high.

As for health care, what about it? :unsure:

Rising gas costs are almost wholly due to the selling nations figuring out that we will pay whatever we have to for gas.

Unfortunately your last statement holds very true. Theres not a fuck to do about gas. We need it. They know it. Equals big "Fuck You" to us. For all of us, until we can come up with a solid alternative (Not that hybrid shit either). Green?(Relating to Global Warming) but Please....

The unemployment rate is High in some states and low in others. I just heard the unemployment rate is significantly down in Texas and other surrounding states. I was surprised to hear that, but thats a good thing I guess. Not for Ohio though, the well has dried up. I only knew cause all three candidates pulled their "This state is suffering from low job rate" ads in Texas.

In my state "Massachussets" healthcare is a huge rising issue, due to the new tax penalty, where you get penalized on your Tax Returns, if you don't have health insurance, but they make it hard as fuck, for you to get it. If your unemployed, underage, or overage (65 or older).

Plus the plans and rate suck when you DO have it. I know I worked in various different Law Firms. Healthcare plans and rates need to be more sufficient, stable, cost effective, and less perplexing in most states (I can speak for the eastcoast only though).

The change theory? Yea it's bullshit. But Obama is spewing it better then the rest. Hey?:huh: thats how I see it at least.

grimms
03-05-2008, 06:30 AM
Skizo? :wank:Wanking to both Loose Change and Zeitgeist (First act was complete bullshit though). I don't trust John McCain(Judgement would be leery). He is for the war, which was originally fabricated. It was all over Oil, and profits like my previous post suggested(Fall on deaf ears then). As for the war? There were no weapons of mass destruction. If you believe that then go hibernate in a cave. I could live with Hillary if I had too. I think Obama is best fit at this current time though. I guess we will see in November.

Skiz
03-05-2008, 06:41 AM
Maybe I'm a bit out of touch with regard to the health care issue. I get absolutely free health, dental, and vision with UPS and the insurance is excellent. The g/f gets free benefits as well with her company (logistics company). Not sure how old you are (I'll assume young if you buy into Loose Change) but the availability for insurance via employment has vastly improved in the past decade. So much so that employers couldn't find good help these days if it weren't being offered.

As for the economy in Texas, Forbes magazine named my resident city of Austin as the fastest growing city in the country last month. It's booming here.

grimms
03-05-2008, 06:55 AM
Thats good to hear. UPS good company(Had an interview with them once). Like I stated, not too sure about the westcoast. Healthcare is decent to good, if your employed by a big company (Preferably fortune 500 companies) this side of the states. I'm as old as KFlint. As far as loose change? Certain information within the movie has me pondering, quite a bit. Other parts? Bullshit just like Zeitgeist(First act). Yes, healthcare has improved overall, but still needs some serious tweaking. Especially for low income families. IT's also dependent on what state you live in as well.

Skiz
03-05-2008, 07:06 AM
http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=911_morons

grimms
03-05-2008, 07:55 AM
:wank:That means alot coming from you Mr. Tejas.:shit::bleh:

Skiz
03-05-2008, 08:10 AM
No idea what that means ^, but if you believe in Loose Change than this conversation is over. You're obviously an idiot.

grimms
03-05-2008, 08:18 AM
911 theorist's equal morons now? Why? I think there are alot of things behind 911 that have been covered up, and sealed away. Of course most of us now don't have any proof (If any) at all, they got rid of it. I tend to agree with some of the theories spewed in the loose change and zeitgeist movies. Especially The North American Union and the alleged demolition of the 911 buildings. That actually took down the buildings not the planes crashing. Ain't no plane build strong enough, that could of taken down those towers, on it's own merit.

Anyways back on topic. Lets hope Obama sealed the deal in Texas.

grimms
03-05-2008, 08:30 AM
No idea what that means ^, but if you believe in Loose Change than this conversation is over. You're obviously an idiot.

obviously not obvious.
/fixed

4 years of college, vast amount of reading spanning various different subjects, and having my own opinion? Equals being an idiot. You sure sold me on that. :ghey:

The shit and bleh mean't 911 theorist's are not moron's. You call Texas, Tejas right? That why i said Mr. Tejas. Oh the irony.:rolleyes: Good-bye.

Skiz
03-05-2008, 09:13 AM
Obviousment.

grimms
03-05-2008, 09:18 AM
Obviousment.

Your full of :shit:

Skiz
03-05-2008, 09:31 AM
911 theorist's equal morons now? Why? I think there are alot of things behind 911 that have been covered up, and sealed away. Of course most of us now don't have any proof (If any) at all, they got rid of it. I tend to agree with some of the theories spewed in the loose change and zeitgeist movies. Especially The North American Union and the alleged demolition of the 911 buildings. That actually took down the buildings not the planes crashing. Ain't no plane build strong enough, that could of taken down those towers, on it's own merit.

Putting words in my mouth now, huh?

Being a 911 theorist and believing in the "documentary" Loose Change are two completely different matters.

And saying that planes alone couldn't take down those buildings is absurd. Truth is, theorists can't stand up to the facts in this case. You just watched Loose Change and ate it as if it were spoon fed apparently.

"Melted" Steel
Claim: "We have been lied to," announces the Web site AttackOnAmerica.net. "The first lie was that the load of fuel from the aircraft was the cause of structural failure. No kerosene fire can burn hot enough to melt steel." The posting is entitled "Proof Of Controlled Demolition At The WTC."

FACT: Jet fuel burns at 800° to 1500°F, not hot enough to melt steel (2750°F). However, experts agree that for the towers to collapse, their steel frames didn't need to melt, they just had to lose some of their structural strength — and that required exposure to much less heat. "I have never seen melted steel in a building fire," says retired New York deputy fire chief Vincent Dunn, author of The Collapse Of Burning Buildings: A Guide To Fireground Safety. "But I've seen a lot of twisted, warped, bent and sagging steel. What happens is that the steel tries to expand at both ends, but when it can no longer expand, it sags and the surrounding concrete cracks."

"Steel loses about 50 percent of its strength at 1100°F," notes senior engineer Farid Alfawak-hiri of the American Institute of Steel Construction. "And at 1800° it is probably at less than 10 percent." NIST also believes that a great deal of the spray-on fireproofing insulation was likely knocked off the steel beams that were in the path of the crashing jets, leaving the metal more vulnerable to the heat.

But jet fuel wasn't the only thing burning, notes Forman Williams, a professor of engineering at the University of California, San Diego, and one of seven structural engineers and fire experts that PM consulted. He says that while the jet fuel was the catalyst for the WTC fires, the resulting inferno was intensified by the combustible material inside the buildings, including rugs, curtains, furniture and paper. NIST reports that pockets of fire hit 1832°F.

"The jet fuel was the ignition source," Williams tells PM. "It burned for maybe 10 minutes, and [the towers] were still standing in 10 minutes. It was the rest of the stuff burning afterward that was responsible for the heat transfer that eventually brought them down."

Puffs Of Dust
Claim: As each tower collapsed, clearly visible puffs of dust and debris were ejected from the sides of the buildings. An advertisement in The New York Times for the book Painful Questions: An Analysis Of The September 11th Attack made this claim: "The concrete clouds shooting out of the buildings are not possible from a mere collapse. They do occur from explosions." Numerous conspiracy theorists cite Van Romero, an explosives expert and vice president of the New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology, who was quoted on 9/11 by the Albuquerque Journal as saying "there were some explosive devices inside the buildings that caused the towers to collapse." The article continues, "Romero said the collapse of the structures resembled those of controlled implosions used to demolish old structures."

FACT: Once each tower began to collapse, the weight of all the floors above the collapsed zone bore down with pulverizing force on the highest intact floor. Unable to absorb the massive energy, that floor would fail, transmitting the forces to the floor below, allowing the collapse to progress downward through the building in a chain reaction. Engineers call the process "pancaking," and it does not require an explosion to begin, according to David Biggs, a structural engineer at Ryan-Biggs Associates and a member of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) team that worked on the FEMA report.

Like all office buildings, the WTC towers contained a huge volume of air. As they pancaked, all that air — along with the concrete and other debris pulverized by the force of the collapse — was ejected with enormous energy. "When you have a significant portion of a floor collapsing, it's going to shoot air and concrete dust out the window," NIST lead investigator Shyam Sunder tells PM. Those clouds of dust may create the impression of a controlled demolition, Sunder adds, "but it is the floor pancaking that leads to that perception."

Demolition expert Romero regrets that his comments to the Albuquerque Journal became fodder for conspiracy theorists. "I was misquoted in saying that I thought it was explosives that brought down the building," he tells PM. "I only said that that's what it looked like."

Romero, who agrees with the scientific conclusion that fire triggered the collapses, demanded a retraction from the Journal. It was printed Sept. 22, 2001. "I felt like my scientific reputation was on the line." But emperors-clothes.com saw something else: "The paymaster of Romero's research institute is the Pentagon. Directly or indirectly, pressure was brought to bear, forcing Romero to retract his original statement." Romero responds: "Conspiracy theorists came out saying that the government got to me. That is the farthest thing from the truth. This has been an albatross around my neck for three years."

I have a four year degree as well but I'm not about to dispute what I saw happen and argue the word of literally thousands... tens of thousands of engineers around the country and world that agree on the proven facts in determining why the WTC fell.

You people who buy into this shit should be embarrassed of yourselves.

grimms
03-05-2008, 09:49 AM
Like I previously stated. You have a right to your opinion as I do mine. It's ok to disagree, but to state that all 911 theorist's and believers of the Documentary loose change, are morons, is not a valid enough response. Post something with a little more substance. Show me the proven facts you speak of? I Hope not that contrived, spoiler post bullshit? You CAN'T. Embarrassed why? I'm happy.

All those "so called" engineers could of easily been swayed, diverted, or paid off completely, to falsify what they think happened. I'll stick with what I believe. Something else happened that day. I'll end this argument here. Cause it will continue to extend with nothing but useless banter(i'm right) posts and your not(Fucking irritating).

Skiz
03-05-2008, 09:53 AM
Like I previously stated. You have a right to your opinion as I do mine. It's ok to disagree, but to state that all 911 theorist's and believers of the Documentary loose change, are morons, is not a valid enough response. Post something with a little more substance. Show me the proven facts you speak of? I Hope not that contrived, spoiler post bullshit? You CAN'T. Embarrassed why? I'm happy.

Post something with more substance??

It isn't my opinion at all. The very excerpt I posted is PROVEN FACT of how the towers fell. :frusty:

grimms
03-05-2008, 09:58 AM
Whatever.. I'm done arguing with you. Yes please, beat your head against the wall. Hopefully you'll lose all memory.

Other sad news:(

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080305/ap_on_el_pr/campaign_dems_analysis

I guess we'll just have a much tighter race from this point on.

Something Else
03-05-2008, 05:09 PM
http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/5601/usflag3zz3.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

thebazzla
03-05-2008, 05:17 PM
mcclain gets my vote:)

Actatoi
03-05-2008, 09:19 PM
http://i30.tinypic.com/15ojgbo.png

Omg it's a conspiracy!! :lol:

Busyman™
03-05-2008, 10:23 PM
from what i know?
what's best for America?

I think McCain will be best, but that's far too debatable to even attempt to discuss in an interwebs forum, imo.

Hardly topics for the Lounge and certainly difficult to answer in a few words but I'll try.

Our deficit is enormous, yes, and far more than a trillion dollars. Most of which is owed to oil related countries and China. The last countries we want to be in the pocket of, but... :dabs:

Recession? More than likely but it has little to do with the deficit but more about federal rates, mortgage bs, etc... Economies go up and down... fact of life.

Many people lose jobs daily but many gain them as well. The average unemployment rate for 2007 was only 4.6%; not bad at all really. It isn't like it's difficult to find a job.

I can't speak too much about the war as I haven't paid too much attention in the past few months. :huh:

Yeah we are in a recession. That stimulus package won't do squat but I'll take it.
Either I'll save it or put it on a credit card.

I'm not using it to buy anything though.

This mortgage bs isn't bs. It's quite huge. The reason the economy was looking up these past years was mainly attributed to the booming housing market and nothing a politician did.

If Hillary wins the nomination, McCain gets my vote.

I don't like Hillary at all. Obama could be a pick since he doesn't seem too indoctrinated in Congress' corruptness.

Skiz
03-06-2008, 03:23 AM

Yeah we are in a recession. That stimulus package won't do squat but I'll take it.

This mortgage bs isn't bs. It's quite huge. The reason the economy was looking up these past years was mainly attributed to the booming housing market and nothing a politician did.

I don't like Hillary at all. Obama could be a pick since he doesn't seem too indoctrinated in Congress' corruptness.

Couldn't agree more on the housing thing with Congress dropping intrest rates. I didn't mean "bs" as in to downplay the situation, but more as a snide comment of disapproval.

grimms
03-06-2008, 05:55 AM

I couldn't agree with you more, regarding that stimulus package. It's definitely dog do:shit:, but i'll take it. Got too many bills to pay(Especially utilities). The mortgage crisis is a huge issue(That is escalating daily). Especially in Massachusetts. Nobody is buying anything!. Nothing but constant foreclosures. Right now it's a buyers market out here(Due to property owners wanting to sell). Sellers are furious. They can't sell their property fast enough. I was in the Real Estate game, but dropped out a while back.

I don't like Hillary or John McCain. My vote goes to Obama, but this is probably not the proper place to discuss this, even though I already did and seen where that lead. Everyone has their own political opinions,views, and it can get quite nasty between folks who don't agree on candidates and their beliefs(Same with Religion). The Mortgage crisis is a real problem though.

Busyman™
03-06-2008, 06:53 AM

Couldn't agree more on the housing thing with Congress dropping intrest rates. I didn't mean "bs" as in to downplay the situation, but more as a snide comment of disapproval.

Congress didn't drop interest rates. Congress can't drop interest rates. I just said it had nothing to with what a politician did. Congress can do the stimulus package stuff though.

Here's how it went down.

1. Already had bad economy.

2. 9/11 happened.

3. The Federal Reserve drops interest rates.

4. Housing market booms. This is due to many people "getting in" on ground floor rates to get in home but also, and this is the bad part, flippers driving up the cost.

I've seen houses bought and sat on just sell again like crazy. I have The National Harbor going up right down the road from here and homes in this area have been doubling in price up until recently.

I mean I'm already in a hotbed area being near the Capitol. Now I have my property tax going up cuz I'm in a hotbed of a hotbed.

Also anyone who is not looking into refinancing their home right now is a fool (if they don't already have a low rate). In many case, you refinance with absolutely no closing costs (which is usually the barrier for most refis).

Busyman™
03-06-2008, 06:56 AM

I couldn't agree with you more, regarding that stimulus package. It's definitely dog do:shit:, but i'll take it. Got too many bills to pay(Especially utilities). The mortgage crisis is a huge issue(That is escalating daily). Especially in Massachusetts. Nobody is buying anything!. Nothing but constant foreclosures. Right now it's a buyers market out here(Due to property owners wanting to sell). Sellers are furious. They can't sell their property fast enough. I was in the Real Estate game, but dropped out a while back.

I don't like Hillary or John McCain. My vote goes to Obama, but this is probably not the proper place to discuss this, even though I already did and seen where that lead. Everyone has their own political opinions,views, and it can get quite nasty between folks who don't agree on candidates and their beliefs(Same with Religion). The Mortgage crisis is a real problem though.

Well me and Skizo are not really on the same page politically but we can discuss stuff with no problem. Sometimes I might get testy cuz Skiz many times comes off as delusional or gullible but it's all in fun.:unsure:

For instance, I think he really believes the Republican Congress is responsible for the housing boom cuz they set the interest rate low. I remember him giving a lot of credit to Bush for our growth or unemployment rates (or something like that).

I like folks him cuz it lets me peer into other ways that people think. Our country did elect G.W. Bush twice and I was confuzzled. I always thought it was computer voting that did it. Now I believe people actually voted the mofo in.:blink:

Btw, I like Obama too. However, I'm not sold on his ability to govern a nation and handle certain situations. He'll definitely be better then Bush but that's like yelling loudly how you can do calculus better than a retard.

Obama will speak better than Bush, definitely has more charisma and is most likely smarter (although he needs a world leaders' names self-test). I fear, as many black people do, that he'll be shot at though.

Skiz
03-06-2008, 06:58 AM
:pinch:

Busyman™
03-06-2008, 07:10 AM

What are you doing up so late, Schizo?

I don't have work tomorrow today.:snooty:

grimms
03-06-2008, 07:52 AM
@Busyman

I wasn't trying to point you out busyman. You actually seem quite level headed which is a plus around here, not saying others are not(Just stuck in their ways) I was speaking in general as well. Usually when I see or even post something political or religious. It turns into "Me is better then you" or "My god is the only god" type arguments. Or my views are superior to yours. I hate that at times. But it's everyones right to have an opinion. I just don't like when others force theirs on everyone else or think their own is the ideal (With proof or not). I will look at it though, even if i disagree (Just don't start bashing everyone for not agreeing with your views).

Skiz
03-06-2008, 08:04 AM

What are you doing up so late, Schizo?

I don't have work tomorrow today.:snooty:

I'm always up (late) I work later (in the evening) so (I usually) get out (of work) a bit later.

Instead of (working) a 8-5, I (typically) work around noon-9 (or 10).

(:whistling)

What got you off tomorrow today? :sly:

Defy
03-06-2008, 02:41 PM
I read in The Wall Street Journal just the other day that Texan votes are starting to lean more towards Obama. It seriously had to be the most "politically" incorrect piece I've ever laid eyes on. The journalist was saying how the majority of the Hispanics were always in favor on Hillary, but in recent polls they started to lean more for Obama. The African-American community in Texas was also leaning towards Obama, but that's not a big surprise.

What astounded me was they used the term "blacks" in just about every other sentence and only referred to the African-American community as "African-American" once in their whole spiel, while never referring to the Hispanic community as "Mexicans" or any such sort.

Dude, if you're going to write a piece at least be consistent! Lol. :dry:

Well anyways, that was just a fun fact for the day. I still don't know who I'd like to vote for, but I would like to see history change. I'm tired of old white fart guys running the country, our oil, money, and attempting to implant us with microchips that control our lives.

grimms
03-06-2008, 03:41 PM
I hate the term African American. I prefer to be called black. But I agree. We need some serious change in this country. We need to unify for the better good of mankind. I do care who you are, where you live, upbringing. I don't see that happening anytime soon. But it would be nice to see it happen one day. Everyone viewed equally in the US and in other countries. Lets just hope the next president can clean up bushes mess and turn the country around for the better good (If even possible at this point).

Skiz
03-06-2008, 05:26 PM
Did the bushes make a mess?

http://img2.timeinc.net/toh/i/g/0207_hedges/privet-hedges-01.jpg

grimms
03-06-2008, 05:37 PM
I expect that coming from you. You both are from the same state. I'm pretty sure your a bush supporter(The fact that you want McClain in office). It wouldn't matter what I say regarding him(You'll disagree). The country is fucked up and needs an agent of change. Obama is the change we need. I'll accept hilliary. If i really have to.

Barbarossa
03-06-2008, 05:42 PM
Obama doesn't really seem presidential enough to me. Whenever I see him on the news he just looks like a skinny kid :dabs:

I just can't visualise him being the leader of a superpower. Hillary scares me, but not as much as having a 71 year old has-been, who has previously tried to be his party nomination, and failed. It's like, ohhh, so now you're good enough, but you weren't 8 years ago, when Bush > You :pinch:

I think for the sake of democracy you need the other party getting in from time to time. Same with us in the UK to be honest. Things were shit after 18 straight years of the Conservatives being in power, and now Labour has had over a decade things are getting shit again...

Politics needs shaking up a bit from time to time.

grimms
03-06-2008, 05:54 PM
Hillary scares me, but not as much as having a 71 year old has-been, who has previously tried to be his party nomination, and failed. It's like, ohhh, so now you're good enough, but you weren't 8 years ago, when Bush > You :pinch:

Now this paragraph is where me and you come to "A meeting of the minds". I do disagree on the Obama part though. I think he is capable of making some very good 3am decisions. I don't know If i could say the same for Hillary though. Like I stated previously, McClain is just too old to run are country(He'll croak before his first 4 year term is up). He does have the war experience in his favor. I'll give him that.

lovewalrus
03-07-2008, 01:18 AM
lets get some democrats in and maybe just maybe the dollar will be worth something again..?!

Skiz
03-07-2008, 01:11 PM
It isn't like the dollar is useless, it's just down. :dabs:

And if we get a Democrat in, they'll just be giving it away anyhow. :frusty:

grimms
03-07-2008, 04:23 PM
The dollar ain't that bad, but Europe has a lot to brag about. Hopefully are next president will get are USD currency up again. Doubt it, but still hopeful.

Skiz
03-07-2008, 10:45 PM
The dollar ain't that bad, but Europe has a lot to brag about. Hopefully are next president will get are USD currency up again. Doubt it, but still hopeful.

Are you insinuating that the dollar is down due to some "W" error? It doesn't have anything to do with who the President is. :unsure:

A lot of worrying has the US economy in a bit of a tailspin. The dollar plunges, financial markets crash, and the Federal Reserve is powerless to halt the collapse since cutting interest rates would send the dollar down even further.

Ever rising oil prices by foreign markets certainly don't help either.

Something Else
03-07-2008, 10:47 PM
I'll give ewe 50p for Canadia. :smilie4:

grimms
03-07-2008, 11:53 PM
Are you insinuating that the dollar is down due to some "W" error? It doesn't have anything to do with who the President is. :unsure:

A lot of worrying has the US economy in a bit of a tailspin. The dollar plunges, financial markets crash, and the Federal Reserve is powerless to halt the collapse since cutting interest rates would send the dollar down even further.

No. But George Bush and the way he has run are country is partially the cause for it, also Rising Oil prices, Wall Street(the market crash), The overall economy failing, the mortagage crisis, crime, war (actually war is big business with bonds involved, but still.) Federal Reserve Central bank (Who we don't really need, but have been corrupted to believe we do need them, watch zeitgeist to get another perspective regarding them). It's funny to find out that bush's grandfather Prescott and Rockefeller started the Federal Reserve bank(your right, they can't decrease the cuts any further at this point). It's combination of a lot of things. Business just ain't booming in general like before, people are not even as drawn to are country as much as previous decades, years, etc. The U.K, and Europe period seems to be rising rapidly(Not a bad think, I would like to go to Europe one of these days). Everything seems to be booming oversea's. I think one day things will get better. It will take alot of hard work, time, and virtue.

Something Else
03-08-2008, 12:45 AM
OK, 80p :eyebrows:

lovewalrus
03-08-2008, 01:23 AM

No. But George Bush and the way he has run are country is partially the cause for it, also Rising Oil prices, Wall Street(the market crash), The overall economy failing, the mortagage crisis, crime, war (actually war is big business with bonds involved, but still.) Federal Reserve Central bank (Who we don't really need, but have been corrupted to believe we do need them, watch zeitgeist to get another perspective regarding them). It's funny to find out that bush's grandfather Prescott and Rockefeller started the Federal Reserve bank(your right, they can't decrease the cuts any further at this point). It's combination of a lot of things. Business just ain't booming in general like before, people are not even as drawn to are country as much as previous decades, years, etc. The U.K, and Europe period seems to be rising rapidly(Not a bad think, I would like to go to Europe one of these days). Everything seems to be booming oversea's. I think one day things will get better. It will take alot of hard work, time, and virtue.

woah there.. there are problems over there too... i think paying $18 to ride the tube to work is a joke, specially when there is no AC....

seriously though thank gowd that GWB is out or i would have been predicting a ReichDollar.....

Skiz
03-08-2008, 02:21 AM
No. But George Bush and the way he has run are country is partially the cause for it, also Rising Oil prices, Wall Street(the market crash), The overall economy failing, the mortagage crisis, crime, war

No, no it isn't. I refer you to my previous statement.

Also, the rise in oil cost is due to how much the sellers are charging. Period.

All that other shit is just finger pointing... like crime. WTF does the President have to do with crime? :blink:

Crime is up or down depending on how city, county, or even state operates. Aggressive towards prosecutions, arrests, etc. The acts of the the President has little (if any at all) affect on the crime rate of any given area. I've never heard of a criminal committing a crime based on the actions (or lack of) of a President.

lovewalrus
03-08-2008, 02:29 AM
Crime is up or down depending on how city, county, or even state operates. Aggressive towards prosecutions, arrests, etc. The acts of the the President has little (if any at all) affect on the crime rate of any given area. I've never heard of a criminal committing a crime based on the actions (or lack of) of a President.

it's true according to this book i read (freakenomics) abortion greatly effects crime rates... more abortions less crime... you do the math..?!

p.s. don't tell anyone i read teh books ;)

grimms
03-08-2008, 05:22 AM
No, no it isn't. I refer you to my previous statement.

Also, the rise in oil cost is due to how much the sellers are charging. Period.

All that other shit is just finger pointing... like crime. WTF does the President have to do with crime? :blink:

I wasn't blaming George Dubya for the other things. I said he and his administration are partly responsible for the decrease of the US Dollar. Partially the reason(Think Trillion dollar deficit which is now worse then when Clinton first fucked it up). If you took the blind fold off your eyes and actually read my whole post you would've spotted that. Also crime, mortgage crisis, spending, credit, the federal reserves, wall street, low retail sales, gas prices, and high utility bills, are other reasons behind the failing dollar.:dabs: The US economy as a whole is shit right now. All those things I mentioned above have an effect on why the economy is bad or failing. The economy alway seems to fluctuate from time to time(This time not for the better). Nobody can afford to spend. Also the federal minimum wage is still near the figure its been since 1999(Just a minor increase). Slow down now before you get all PRO bush on me now.:wacko: