PDA

View Full Version : Sweeney Todd - criticism

yakir132
03-04-2008, 09:49 PM
Ok .. so this afternoon I have watched the movie " Sweeney Todd " and I can tell you obviously it is the worst movie that I ever seen !!!
what is these songs they singing ?!they think we are in show/musical .. all the movie is song and another one and another .. :sick: ..
at the beggining I thought it will be good movie , you know - Johnny Depp ! . But is was raelly bad ..

To sum up I am NOT recommend you all to watch this one ! he's raelly bad and very disappoint !

Yakir :) .

Quylui
03-04-2008, 09:58 PM
What sold the movie was the screenplay and actors. The director did an excellent job at creating a visually intriguing movie; however the plot (as well as the songs) were severely lacking in substance. As I was watching the movie I kept feeling like I was watching a contrived musical, rather than a story.

clocker
03-04-2008, 10:29 PM
what is these songs they singing ?!they think we are in show/musical .. all the movie is song and another one and another .. :sick: ..
at the beggining I thought it will be good movie , you know - Johnny Depp ! . But is was raelly bad ..

Sweeney Todd IS a musical, started on Broadway.

I take it you're not a fan of the genre.

C-mos
03-04-2008, 10:35 PM

I agree

the movie is musical and it was great

Johnny Depp sing great :D:D
the movie doesn;t worth criticism :)

LadyNox
03-05-2008, 12:52 AM

Yeah, I suppose he's never heard of it.

This movie is an adaptation of the mentioned musical, after all, done in famous Burton style (I just love the guy :happy:).
It may not be the best of his films IMHO, but it is very interesting, visually appealing and refreshingly 'different'. J. Depp & Helena Bonham Carter are great together as leads.
Rickman, Spall and 'Borat' also did a good job. :lol:
Give it a chance people ...

kittybewm
03-06-2008, 01:46 AM
I love Tim Burton and I love Johnny Depp. Was so excited to see this movie and then BAM song after song after song :( What a sad day that was :cry:

ilovednb
03-07-2008, 09:41 PM
I had the same feeling, too many songs :(

dlxldxld
03-07-2008, 10:51 PM
this movie is sucks!!
sorry for the expression..
i hate musicals..

abcjim
03-08-2008, 02:14 AM
musicals are best seen in person imo. but sweeney todd was pretty awesome and quite the exception

Nihil
03-08-2008, 07:35 AM
It was awesome. Liked it a lot. I'll need more Tim Burton movies.

messi30
03-29-2008, 05:14 PM
I think that its great movie.

Septimus
03-29-2008, 07:49 PM
I liked the movie. Itīs not one of the best of Johnny Deep or Tim Barton.... 6/10

sclerozo
03-29-2008, 09:17 PM
I am not a fan of "musicals" so perhaps I cannot comment without bias. But, I could not watch this terrible movie to completion. Song after song ... and after the guy who was
kicked silly gets up and starts singing ... that was it.

This movie should have a warning NOT SUITABLE FOR SELECT AUDIENCES

Appallingly BAD.

IdolEyes787
03-29-2008, 09:24 PM
1. Tim Burton is a hack .
2. People who like musicals subscribe to an alternative lifestyle .
3. Johnny Depp lives in France.

On the positive side there was lots of blood and Helena Bonham Carter's breasts.

Septimus
03-29-2008, 09:55 PM
On the positive side there was lots of blood and Helena Bonham Carter's breasts.

Thatīs true haha!

clocker
03-29-2008, 10:36 PM
1. Tim Burton is a hack .
2. People who like musicals subscribe to an alternative lifestyle .
3. Johnny Depp lives in France.

- I like musicals...so what's "alternative" about my lifestyle?
- Parts of France are incredibly beautiful and you'd have to be an idiot NOT to want to live in them.

It must really roast your kippers that HBC's nice breasts live with the "hack".

Given that you dislike the director and the star and your "mainstream" lifestyle doesn't allow for musicals...why did you see the movie to begin with?

IdolEyes787
03-29-2008, 11:26 PM
Sorry that you fail to see the whimsy in my post ,let me redress.

1. Tim Burton is an interesting hack.
2.People who like musicals seem to be judgmental and humourless.
3.France is quite nice though, especially the area around Beynac et Cazenac.

I'm an ass man myself though I wouldn't mind his money.
I enjoyed every movie I've ever seen,even the bad ones - though I do find intolerance in people annoying .

PRINCE
03-29-2008, 11:37 PM
in my opinion
move very good
Johnny Depp you my Favorite actor :)