PDA

View Full Version : Svcd's Wont Play Right In Dvd Player

PcCypher
08-03-2003, 01:44 PM
i have a dvd player that will play svcd's and it has played them before, its a panisonic dvd-rv32. I burn an svcd that i got offline thats already in svcd format and they wont play i can get video and sound but it plays it like its stuttering. when i speed the svcd up with the fast forward dial it will play fine, but a little too fast. i am using nero 5 or 6 i have both, can anyone just tell me how to get it to play right? i am taking it out of the bin and cue files with vcdgear, and isobuster, tried both. When it comes out it still needs the svcd codec to play them too, if that helps any. the video plays fine on my computer too, just wondering if anyone has anykind of ideas, i am desperate, i have reformatted thinking it was that and its not. PLEASE HELP ME!

Gre1
08-03-2003, 02:59 PM
I have the same dvd player its a very good DVD player in order to make it play just do this get this program called tmpgenc if u don't have it and a program called bbmpg when using tmpgenc go to file>mpeg tools go to simple demultiplex and load you .mpg file and select run then once finished then go to bbmpg and and select start encoding then when the window pops up go to settings and set it up like this:

General Settings:

Multiplex video & Multiplex audio
Start second & End second set to 0
Max size 797 mb
Check Reset clocks, Set broken link in flag gop,
write sequence/program end codes

Program Stream Settings:

Check Listed Below:
SVCD, VBR, Write Program end Code
Computed Bitrate:Auto
Timestamps:All frames
Forced Mux Rate=0
Size Bytes 2324 Packets Pack 1
Buffer Sizes:
Video=40 Audio=4 Audio=4
Startup Delays
Pack=0
Video=180
Audio=180

Input settings: just insert the files it made from tmpgenc de-multiplex
Then last of all go to load and save setting and save that as default.

Finished. That will make them play smoothly

The reason that our players do that is because svcd have a buffer of about 240 and our dvd players can't handle that much so its turned down to 40 cause a vcd is 46 so I make it 40 to be safe.

PcCypher
08-03-2003, 03:56 PM
ok i did the simple demultiplex and it came out as an M2v. when i bring it into bbmpeg do i add the file to the file list and then do the settings? and how do i do the audio, i cant find out where to input it?

Gre1
08-03-2003, 04:00 PM
In the input settings, tmpgenc should have gave u a m2v. and a mp2 so in the input settings go to video and put the m2v and in audio put the mp2 and set it up like i wrote and start multiplexing

PcCypher
08-03-2003, 04:17 PM
Hey thanx man i got it to start converting, so ill be back in like 2 hours that see if it works. Thanx again

Gre1
08-03-2003, 04:19 PM
You're welcome

accat13
08-03-2003, 04:30 PM
hey do you think this could work for me my player does not play svcd's ..When i tried the header trick in fast foward the file looked ok lol...do you think its caused by the buffer overrun that you mentioned??? :( very depressing to have to convert back to vcd

Gre1
08-03-2003, 04:49 PM
Yeah, if when u play it, it skips but in fast foward plays ok use that method above and u don't have to change to vcd leave it as svcd when u do it

PcCypher
08-03-2003, 06:37 PM
ok but now i have an m2v file that i cant burn with nero, i am trying to burn it as an svcd like always, and it wont let me? what do i do with it next?

Gre1
08-03-2003, 07:31 PM
That m2v file was supposed to be put into the input settings where it says open vs(video stream) thats were the m2v goes then with the as1(audio stream) put the .mp2 and select start when finished u should have temp.mpg and just rename to the name of the movie and you're done.

PcCypher
08-03-2003, 10:20 PM
thanx i got it to work, but now i have this stupid green strip i just posted a question on the main board to see if i can solve that too. thanx again