PDA

View Full Version : Bcg

Aerozin
03-04-2008, 11:54 PM
stoi opened a topic 2 months ago about some bcg invites , but the topic is closed now.

theres any way by now to talk/convinve stoi to invite me?

thx

fOrUmAs
03-04-2008, 11:56 PM
he said once that if u looking for BC invite,put it in your sig and wait,if he think that u are good enough he will invite u :)

Aerozin
03-04-2008, 11:59 PM
he said once that if u looking for BC invite,put it in your sig and wait,if he think that u are good enough he will invite u :)
ahh , ok thanks

stoi
03-05-2008, 12:03 AM
the problem is at the moment we are trying to find ways of getting rid of members, not take any more members in, I do take some in but not many i have to be honest.

We want to get the members down a lot and then we will bring invites back (even though they still have not been coded yet lol).

We have got a few things we are discussing to sort the good from the bad which i will not go into here, but hopefully soon we will have invites again.

Aerozin
03-05-2008, 12:14 AM
Well , so lets wish for invites back :)

dunson
03-05-2008, 02:45 AM
I can get rid of some members for you...

Annoyed
03-05-2008, 03:47 AM
Yeah, I've been waiting for invites to come back for months now. For a long time my profile kept saying I had 10 invites(of course they were disabled). But a few weeks ago they now say Disabled in my pro. So I assumed they were gone for good.

But it's nice that Stoi has given some hope that they might be back.

Can you give any hints on the criteria you'll be getting rid of members for? I've been a member there for over a year now, and is my favorite tracker by far(checking back every few minutes for GoW right now). So I surely don't want to be one of the that you get rid of.

Thanks.

stoi
03-05-2008, 04:22 AM
well lets just say that if you have a clean history, your fine, if you have hit and runs, you may not be. /!\ picture in your torrent history, and btw those include seeding torrents now, so they are not strictly hit and runs but we have not come up with a better name for it yet lol

Annoyed
03-05-2008, 04:29 AM
I have a very clean history. And everything in my torrent history has a green ratio, not one in the red. So it looks like I'll be fine(hopefully).

Sorry for the paranoia, but I appreciate you replying. Thank you.

adissan
03-05-2008, 09:10 AM
Bkg has been opened for 2 days or 3 ..but was tough to create ann account because confirmation mail arrived so late :)

C-mos
03-05-2008, 09:43 AM
Bkg has been opened for 2 days or 3 ..but was tough to create ann account because confirmation mail arrived so late :)

not true:)

BlueLabel
03-05-2008, 10:05 AM
the problem is at the moment we are trying to find ways of getting rid of members, not take any more members in, I do take some in but not many i have to be honest.

We want to get the members down a lot and then we will bring invites back (even though they still have not been coded yet lol).

We have got a few things we are discussing to sort the good from the bad which i will not go into here, but hopefully soon we will have invites again.

why you want to get rid of members???

stoi
03-05-2008, 10:39 AM
Because there are far to many lightweights about and not members that we want.

lets put it this way we have 2415 KL users.

"IF" we go with this change

we will have over 15,000 KL users.

Now some of those may want to get out of trouble and try their best, others might just give up and never come back, none will be disabled (so far) but if they dont want to get out of it and just keep signing in, then they very well might get disabled in the future.

kyuuchi
03-05-2008, 11:31 AM
I've been on bcg for more than a year now and in my opinion, it's always better to have quality members rather than quantity. When BCG had disabled invites, I think it was around 50,000 members that were removed in a couple of months. I can honestly say, the site was a lot better than before. Just from my own invite tree, most of my invitees who cared about the site had started to seed more and minimising hnr. With this new change, if users actually care for the site, then they'd start seeding those HnR torrents.

BlueLabel
03-05-2008, 12:21 PM
yeah but banding members for nothing its not fair unlees they did something bad.
I agree that those who HnR and inactive should be band and not just from bcg but from any tracker.

stoi
03-05-2008, 07:27 PM
well we are not just going to pick names as random and bring down the ban hammer on them, we are not that cruel.

It will be for hit and run points, but like i memntioned, if they want to get out of KL by clearing them, great they can, thats not a problem, but if they dont even bother and just keep signing in, then maybe we will disable them as they are doing nothing for the tracker at all.

but we have not decided if we are going to this or not yet, so it may never happen

kraudlem
03-05-2008, 07:58 PM
@stoi: Does this mean there's going to be a big demotion again?

stoi
03-05-2008, 09:31 PM
well only if you have Hit and Runs, if your history is clean you have nothing to worry about, if you have hit and runs, then clear them just incase.

BlueLabel
03-05-2008, 09:46 PM
so....
are we going to see any doors open soon???

stoi
03-05-2008, 09:51 PM
Well i very much doubt the doors will ever open again, they might but very small chance.

Invites definately, eventually.

BlueLabel
03-05-2008, 10:03 PM
yeah I meant with invites
WOW thats great , I hope there will be some good new members their

Kyokushin
03-05-2008, 10:51 PM
Good to know that there will be invites someday, cant wait to join :)

fOrUmAs
03-05-2008, 10:56 PM
it was abouth time to see invites back on BC...but when will that happend only god knows :D

stoi
03-05-2008, 11:01 PM
well 1st priority is moving servers (hopefully this month sometime, so expect a couple of days downtime in the coming weeks)

then to weed out all the bad blood (and there is a hell of a lot of that lol)

then get invites back online.

Cow King
03-05-2008, 11:04 PM
it's good news im so happy

Kapone
03-05-2008, 11:48 PM
Great news for those of us on the outside looking in...

Annoyed
03-06-2008, 02:31 AM
That really is good news. I'm a huge gameer, so that's why BCG is my most used tracker. And obviously most of my friends are big gamers too, and I would love to get them into this tracker. They're downloading from public trackers right now, and I feel bad for them because of that.

stoi
03-06-2008, 02:53 AM
I guess you mean public trackers ?

Annoyed
03-06-2008, 02:59 AM
Oops, don't know how I did that. Yeah, you're right. I meant public trackers.