PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about going on a trip to Europe..

Smith
03-05-2008, 01:17 AM
I have always wanted to go to Europe and see Juno Beach, Paris, Mahchester (family lives there) and the netherlands. HOW DO I PLAN SOMETHING LIKE THIS?

Help. I know I can fly to Manchester and stay with family, and then take a train from London to Paris. I know theres tour buses that go from Paris to Normandy and the Netherlands..

Anyways, I was wondering if theres anyone whos done something like this before. Places you have stayed, places to go, ect ect.
Thanks.

Cabalo
03-05-2008, 06:38 AM
you're losing the best, the southern countries, like italy, spain and portugal. Those are the best for tourism at summer time.

C-mos
03-05-2008, 06:44 AM
yup ...u can visit iTAly,sPain

but in netherlands is great two

and about Paris .wow...the city of art (Mona Lisa)

U can stay in hotels...or camp ...or never sleep ..just keep on movin` :D

i suggest a road trip all over Europe :)

saqib
03-05-2008, 11:13 AM
I have always wanted to go to Europe and see Juno Beach, Paris, Mahchester (family lives there) and the netherlands. HOW DO I PLAN SOMETHING LIKE THIS?

Help. I know I can fly to Manchester and stay with family, and then take a train from London to Paris. I know theres tour buses that go from Paris to Normandy and the Netherlands..

Anyways, I was wondering if theres anyone whos done something like this before. Places you have stayed, places to go, ect ect.
Thanks.

u must have just watched " euro trip " , dont u :)

ilw
03-05-2008, 05:30 PM
fly to manchester, fly manchester to paris, then train it or fly paris to netherlands (depending on where in netherlands you want to go). Cheap flights are normally available from easyjet and ryanair, various websites also compare flight prices (e.g. pricerunner or kelkoo), but they usually leave some airlines out (especially easyjet) so sometimes they're useless.

If you want to explore more or stop off between your major destinations then you could take the train on the mainland, but i wouldn't use the train in britain as its too expensive, unless you particularly want to see london. The german train website (http://www.bahn.de/international/view/en/index.shtml) lists train times and prices all over europe and you can get uk train info from www.nationalrail.co.uk

PErsonally when i've been travelling around i've stayed in youth hostels cos they're cheap and you meet people to liven your trip up. But it does mean staying in dorm style rooms and some people hate that. Its always a good idea to check youth hostels out online e.g. on hostels.com or hostelworld.com as the quality varies a shitload. Also I don't usually bother with the official YHA ones, although they're all of a high standard they're all boring as f*ck.

Edit - noticed you were looking for suggestions of where to go:
Don't know if you have special reasons why you want to see juno beach or paris, but personally i'd ditch france, it has lovely countryside in the south and its got good beaches and surfing on the west coast, but for a short break you'll probably only see cities, and French ones are pretty gash.
I've been pretty much all over northern, western and central europe and the cities i've liked the most are: Munich, Berlin, Goethenburg, Rome (vatican has some of the most impressive art and buildings in europe), Warsaw (although there isn't much to see/do here friendly people meant we really enjoyed it), Amsterdam is 'interesting', Krakow has Auschwitz nearby and is nice city but very touristy.

Smith
03-05-2008, 07:32 PM
I want to see juno beach because I'm canadian, and my grandpa was in the army. Its just something I really want to see. Amsterdam is something I would like to check out too, I hear the red light district is crazy lol

hopeful1
03-09-2008, 05:50 AM
amsterdam ftw :lol:

leidseplein and the streets near it are quite nice, and about the only place to get a decent indian meal :D

Smith
03-09-2008, 07:46 PM
We got prices for plane tickets yesterday, now im looking at hostels for amsterdam, brussels, france and possibly somewere in germany..suggestions?

tiolewis
03-10-2008, 01:45 AM
It is my dream too ...

zapjb
03-10-2008, 06:52 PM
Ime traveling the lighter the better. 3-5 days worth of clothes at most.

brenda
03-11-2008, 09:36 AM
I can recommend Zeeburg to camp I'll a little outside the city centre but it has a fabulous Euro atmosphhttp://www.campingzeeburg.nl/

Vliegenbos is also a great place to camp although you're not allowed to smoke in the cabins (although we did)
http://www.vliegenbos.com/

Imagine_If
04-18-2008, 08:04 PM

Thanks.

Manchester is ok..only they do have a crap footbal team..yes come to the Netherlands, watch real professionals play football...and free you mind from all those taboes :yup:

CrabGirl
04-24-2008, 10:21 PM
You could try something like this.

http://www.interrail.net/

saqib
04-27-2008, 10:09 AM
and u can always see euro trip before u go for it

Smith
04-29-2008, 12:01 AM
The hostels are booked and the ticket is in order. I have a growing list of things to do and CAA is mailing me maps of each city. I need help getting between the countries though. I want to take the train.

Paris -> Brussels -> Amsterdam

Thats what I'm doing (im flying to paris from manchester)

Someone want to guide me in the right direction?

Septimus
05-05-2008, 06:49 PM
I went to Italy four years ago. I think is a beautiful country. You should visit Venecia, Roma and Milan...

lynx
05-06-2008, 02:23 AM
If you are planning on more than just the two rail trips mentioned you should consider a Eurail pass (http://www.railpass.com/pds/RPE/region-Europe_trains). It does NOT cover Eurostar trains (Paris to Brussels) though you can get greatly reduced fares, but I get the feeling you have to book in advance.

I can't tell if it covers the Thalys trains that run between Paris, Brussels and Amsterdam, that part of the site seems to be down. I think it will but you should check beforehand. Most intercity trains will require a seat reservation which is not covered by the pass.

You can't get the Interrail pass the CG was suggesting, that is only available for residents of the participating countries. If you are only planning rail trips in France, Belgium and Holland then the Eurail pass is cheaper anyway.

Smith
05-07-2008, 10:56 PM
Thanks for the info lynx, I am only taking the train between paris, brussels and amsterdam thought so I guess I wont be getting much of a deal but I have done some more research and found that tickets are around 90 Canadian dollars each (its actually 80, but for 10$ more i can go first class :P)

formos
05-10-2008, 11:32 AM
its too many places to see,capitols are usually the most beautiful but it doesnt mean that the coutry looks like them:)

zedex
06-29-2008, 03:49 PM
why you want to go to places where the sun dont shine ? go to sinai ! believe me its heaven .

eram
07-07-2008, 04:15 PM
dont miss berlin .if you are near somewhere in europe you shouldnt miss it . as well as rome which is one of the most beautiful cities ive ever seen.
just do whatever you feel like doing .go to a city stay in a hostel till you are bored and then just take the train to the next city .