PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how to get full permission of a computer

basicx
03-05-2008, 04:36 AM
Anyone know how to get full permission of a computer because I have XP and it saying access denied not able to open Utorrent.

saulin
03-05-2008, 04:39 AM
Wrong forum? and you may gave spyware. Does this happen only with uTorrent or other programs as well. I dealt with spyware that gives access denied on many things. Especially in Vista and is spyware.

basicx
03-05-2008, 04:40 AM
Like when im trying to install programs too.Like I want to know how to get full control of my computer with permission.

tweakz
03-05-2008, 04:42 AM
use nod32 and spyware doctor, then tell what happens?

basicx
03-05-2008, 04:44 AM
Its not a spyware.Is that I need permission.I even went in safe networking and tried to get full control.

saulin
03-05-2008, 04:46 AM
If you had access before and now you don't. Yes it's spyware. I dealt with that one. Is this Vista Or XP?

If it's XP get dial-a-fix and run it and remove the security policies that are restricting you. You might want to try it in safe mode. Then run smitfraudfix and combofix and check the startup folder under program files for all users and also escheduled tasks and run a spyware scan. You can use Superantispyware.

If it's vista you'll have to jump straight to Combofix, you might want to try a system restore by booting with the CD and trying the repair options first though, if the system restore is sucessful you are good. Just run smitfraudfix, comobofix, spyware and AV scan.

Go through add/remove programs and remove crap that you never installed. Research the names if you are not sure if it's good or bad.

Cleaning malware is my favorite thing and is part of my job.

tweakz
03-05-2008, 04:46 AM
Its not a spyware.Is that I need permission.I even went in safe networking and tried to get full control.

Are u in administrator mode?

basicx
03-05-2008, 04:49 AM
Yess I am in administrator and no again I dont have a spyware,its just I installed windows on top of xp again.Now im have permission problems.

saulin
03-05-2008, 04:52 AM
Well if you are sure you don't have malware and is a permission issue sounds like the profile is just messed up. Create a new Admin user and transfer your documents and other files to your new profile and problem solved.

basicx
03-05-2008, 04:55 AM
Well if you are sure you don't have malware and is a permission issue sounds like the profile is just messed up. Create a new Admin user and transfer your documents and other files to your new profile and problem solved.
You mean create a new user profile because I tried that.I think its something in th program files,

saulin
03-05-2008, 05:01 AM
Exactly and when you create it make sure it has full access. Then if you want to transfer your documents and music and pics and desktop items look for them on C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\

There you will see your documents, favorites, desktop items etc. Of course if you use Outlook for e-mail you also need to set that up in the new profile and look for the Outlook.pst file that holds your e-mail on C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook.

You can search how to transfer profile settings to a new profile on google. But it sounds like malware.

kooftspc11
03-05-2008, 05:19 AM
i have had this problem before too. it was a virus/trojan/spyware/whatever it was fixed after doing an av scan

get nod32

ps...in case you are too lazy to run an antivirus scan and are just claiming that it is not a virus because you dont think that you are capable of getting one...then we cant help you