PDA

View Full Version : putting desired trackers in your sig....

kooftspc11
03-05-2008, 07:53 AM
its like asking for change at a 7-11

....maybe if you clean my windshield

DarkLured
03-05-2008, 08:35 AM
I don't think there's anything wrong with saying what trackers you are looking for. I do think it is a little pathetic when people actually beg in their signature or say that getting into some tracker is their dream, etc., but I can't criticize. http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/../images/smilies/smile.gif

kooftspc11
03-05-2008, 08:37 AM
I don't think there's anything wrong with saying what trackers you are looking for. I do think it is a little pathetic when people actually beg in their signature or say that getting into some tracker is their dream, etc., but I can't criticize. :)

*throws a quarter in your bucket*

TP635
03-05-2008, 08:47 AM
anything wrong with mine?

DarkLured
03-05-2008, 08:48 AM
I don't think there's anything wrong with saying what trackers you are looking for. I do think it is a little pathetic when people actually beg in their signature or say that getting into some tracker is their dream, etc., but I can't criticize. :)

*throws a quarter in your bucket*

My signature isn't begging; it's just a simple statement of the trackers I'm interested in and might want to join. You can keep your quarter kind sir. ;):P

stoi
03-05-2008, 08:51 AM
well to me as staff of a tracker, im not going to go trawling through 100 posts of every member i think may make a good member, i also have not got a clue if you are a member or not.

so if i see someone with a BCG sig thingy lol and i see the same thing a few times and like the posts, then i may pm you with an invite.

its just a hell of a lot easier for me anyway.

kooftspc11
03-05-2008, 08:52 AM
well to me as staff of a tracker, im not going to go trawling through 100 posts of every member i think may make a good member, i also have not got a clue if you are a member or not.

so if i see someone with a BCG sig thingy lol and i see the same thing a few times and like the posts, then i may pm you with an invite.

its just a hell of a lot easier for me anyway.

so pm then...at least to answer the question i asked you

Grind$oFine
03-05-2008, 08:58 AM
I think someone having it in their signature would improve their chances of getting invited.

I know if I was impressed with a poster, and I saw in their signature that they were interested in a tracker that I have invites to, I'd definitely shoot them a PM and further examine the situation. If they didn't have it in their signature, it probably wouldn't happen.

As far as the quarter goes... I'll take it. :D

grimms
03-05-2008, 09:11 AM
I don't see a problem with it.

Annoyed
03-05-2008, 09:19 AM
I don't see anything wrong with it either. You never know if that right person might see it and offer you an invite.

stoi
03-05-2008, 09:19 AM
well i have answered your PM.

But thats what i mean, im not just going to read someones post, and think oh he deserves an invite, i will pm him.

but if someone has BCG in their sig, and they make a good post, i tend to remember it better, so if they go on and make 10-20 other good posts, then they may get lucky.

But on the other hand, if they make a bad post, or trade an account for another tracker, thats a note to self to not give them an account (or at least think very seriously before doing so).

there are not that many regular posters around here, and those that are, have most of the trackers they want anyway. so again me pming them on spec, 99% will say they already are members, or they dont need it. those that need it i will probably never notice if they do not have it in their sig.

kooftspc11
03-05-2008, 09:21 AM
well i have answered your PM.

But thats what i mean, im not just going to read someones post, and think oh he deserves an invite, i will pm him.

but if someone has BCG in their sig, and they make a good post, i tend to remember it better, so if they go on and make 10-20 other good posts, then they may get lucky.

But on the other hand, if they make a bad post, or trade an account for another tracker, thats a note to self to not give them an account (or at least think very seriously before doing so).

there are not that many regular posters around here, and those that are, have most of the trackers they want anyway. so again me pming them on spec, 99% will say they already are members, or they dont need it. those that need it i will probably never notice if they do not have it in their sig.

lol fine fine i believe you

grimms
03-05-2008, 09:29 AM
Well I can say it worked for me. I had one sig wishing to be on one tracker. My inviter took notice, and seen that I was active and contributed. I guess asking for change at 7-11 is not so bad after all is it OP?

Artemis
03-05-2008, 10:24 AM
I don't see a problem with it.

rofl well it worked for you didnt it ( to a certain place that is ):D:naughty:

grimms
03-05-2008, 11:07 AM
rofl well it worked for you didnt it ( to a certain place that is ):D:naughty:

I'm gonna eat a pizza to that!:pizza::D