PDA

View Full Version : dedicated server with gigabyte connection

stopme&buy0ne
03-05-2008, 11:26 AM
Hi,

I have a few 100MBIT servers and looking to upgrade to some gigabyte servers but need pointing in the right direction.

I've seen a lot of comments on here about OVH and they look good but they don't take paypal.

I will be using it for BitTorrent and FTP access so will be quite heave on the BW, 20-30TB a month?

Thanks in advance!

Me.

andra
03-06-2008, 08:05 PM
Hi,

I have a few 100MBIT servers and looking to upgrade to some gigabyte servers but need pointing in the right direction.

I've seen a lot of comments on here about OVH and they look good but they don't take paypal.

I will be using it for BitTorrent and FTP access so will be quite heave on the BW, 20-30TB a month?

Thanks in advance!

Me.

if you can order from ovh do that.
You will get great speed with there 1000/1000 servers. And the price is perfect.

To order a 1000/1000 server from other providers will cost to mutch money to rent.

slayer2005
03-07-2008, 06:36 AM
i doubt ul be able to push the bw u want with ovh tho.
they might cap u in the long run.
rackedge have nice set-ups with dedicated bw at not to much of a high price.
ohv=cheap so u might just get wat u pay for.

o_O
03-07-2008, 07:45 AM
Nah, I actually have OVH, its cheap, and its very good. I don't think they cap anything, I get full 100Mbit speed on my 100Mbit server
so 1000Mbit server should be the same
OVH is the best server I have ever tried so far. ;)

jam0980tr
03-07-2008, 03:23 PM
i doubt ul be able to push the bw u want with ovh tho.
they might cap u in the long run.
rackedge have nice set-ups with dedicated bw at not to much of a high price.
ohv=cheap so u might just get wat u pay for.

slayer2005 is right

For Gbp go for rackedge they are the eu whores, i swear i use them they are the best servers i ever had not cheap mind and you will see the true 1Gbp speed hitting at about 50 mb/sec only if you know how too set up the boxs..

rackedge ftw