PDA

View Full Version : hi all fst members i need this program

alamw
03-05-2008, 12:06 PM
i need program which compress films and not affect quility of it thank you

Quylui
03-05-2008, 12:23 PM
The program doesn't exist.

The way a compression algorithm works it removes pieces of the film that aren't visible to the human eye, rendering the quality slightly worse for a drastic reduction in size (think .avi files). Several programs do this; one that comes to mind is WinAVI.

The most efficient codec at the present time, in my opinion, would have the be the h264 codec. You can find movies compressed in this codec on x264.

However, for a simple reduction in file size (if that's what you were looking for) turn to KGB archiver. This can effectively reduce a 1GB file down to a few megabytes, if given enough time. However, I would try to keep that massive reduction down to a minimum, as you might be compressing for about 6 months; KGB is incredibly efficient, as well as incredibly time consuming.

The_Hunter
03-05-2008, 12:49 PM
To what format and size would help for starters

DKre8ive1
03-05-2008, 09:03 PM
Are talking about ripping a DVD film from a disc?

mbucari1
03-05-2008, 10:42 PM
he's talking about lossless video compression which DOES exist. However, the size reduction is negligible and it takes MUCH more processing power to decode it in real time that it's not worth it.

The program doesn't exist...

...However, for a simple reduction in file size (if that's what you were looking for) ...
That's what he said he's looking for, so you just contradicted yourself. :rolleyes:

Quylui
03-06-2008, 01:51 AM
he's talking about lossless video compression which DOES exist. However, the size reduction is negligible and it takes MUCH more processing power to decode it in real time that it's not worth it.

The program doesn't exist...

...However, for a simple reduction in file size (if that's what you were looking for) ...
That's what he said he's looking for, so you just contradicted yourself. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I was a little ambiguous; I meant a program that reduces video size without reducing quality, not necessarily an archiver. What program are you talking about, I'd appreciate a link. :)

Ph4wX
03-06-2008, 05:14 AM
Try "MediaCoder"

It pretty much converts ANYTHING to ANYTHING lol. well any media.

But lossless conversion dosn't really exist i think :P

mbucari1
03-06-2008, 06:24 AM
Yeah, I was a little ambiguous; I meant a program that reduces video size without reducing quality, not necessarily an archiver. What program are you talking about, I'd appreciate a link. :)Was thinking something like this...

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/Alparysoft_Lossless_Video_Codec

Alfonso
03-07-2008, 08:18 PM
Maybe if he used it in context we would better be able to help.

saqib
03-08-2008, 12:35 PM
ripitfor me will do the job

lightshow
03-08-2008, 11:41 PM
Dvd -> xvid use FairUse Wizard 2

mbucari1
03-09-2008, 04:47 AM
ripitfor me will do the jobno, it won't. That program will only re-encode the video, not losslessly comjpress it.

Dvd -> xvid use FairUse Wizard 2same thing

lightshow
03-12-2008, 01:05 AM
haha then throw your movie in dvd decryptor to remove the css keys.

Save as an iso.

Open the .iso with winrar, extract all the .vob files.

.vob files are mpeg2 files made specially for a dvd. That's as lossless as you can get (it's the original)