PDA

View Full Version : Trade or not?

BEGINER
03-05-2008, 07:23 PM
I just wana ask,is trade any way that someone could get some high level trackers????
I just curios to hear your opinion???

Tokeman
03-05-2008, 07:25 PM
trading is one way to get into various trackers, but its not the only way for sure...

VIZFX
03-05-2008, 08:02 PM
You seem to have been around here long enough to have seen what has happened to some account traders. You take your chances.

1000possibleclaws
03-05-2008, 08:05 PM
sure, if you have a level 9 or 10 invite im sure you could find a trader for another tracker or the same rarity. if you're gonna trade low level (6 and under) invites then your chances are pretty slim imo.

BEGINER
03-05-2008, 08:07 PM
Mate i am just curios....Because in latley i see only trade this,trade that...So i just been curios...If you have some dobut just see my signature

1000possibleclaws
03-05-2008, 08:20 PM
you need to work your way up there, or get a seedbox. otherwise its unrealistic to expect someone to give you a high level invite out of the blue

BEGINER
03-05-2008, 08:23 PM
Yeah i know that...I will use seedbox in short time,just to pick best offer...As i said i am just curios,about way to get some high level trackers

PirateEagle
03-05-2008, 08:35 PM
not to trade if you ask me 1st of all make friends here and only via friends you can get into "high level" trackers but m8 it is not all in rarety the more that counts it the content staff and community not how much blah blah tracker is rare

and see tracker rules no one allow trading and trading brings us all in risk and it is not good option if you ask me

so my option is be a good user it takes time that people see how much you are trusted and most important be honest to people made friends and you will get every tracker that you need ;)

BEGINER
03-05-2008, 08:38 PM
not to trade if you ask me 1st of all make friends here and only via friends you can get into "high level" trackers but m8 it is not all in rarety the more that counts it the content staff and community not how much blah blah tracker is rare

and see tracker rules no one allow trading and trading brings us all in risk and it is not good option if you ask me

so my option is be a good user it takes time that people see how much you are trusted and most important be honest to people made friends and you will get every tracker that you need ;)This is answer...Tnx on your answer mate...I agree with you

Horatiu
03-05-2008, 08:40 PM
It's not the only way.

I've been here for what? 2 months now and i got whatever i wanted (except TT :dry: )
You just have to patient and make some friends.
It helps if you help others too you know...

BEGINER
03-05-2008, 08:56 PM
Yeah i know...read my post history:)

grimms
03-05-2008, 08:57 PM
BEGINER don't go the trading route man. You'll get every thing you want over time, by just being honest, helpful, and participating in discussions. Members here will take notice over time.

BEGINER
03-05-2008, 09:02 PM
BEGINER don't go the trading route man. You'll get every thing you want over time, by just being honest, helpful, and participating in discussions. Members here will take notice over time.I didnt meant to go on the trading way,but i was just curios...All i see in lately is just trade,trade,and more trade:(....
So i realy hope that trade isnt only way:ermm:

saqib
03-05-2008, 09:38 PM
BEGINER don't go the trading route man. You'll get every thing you want over time, by just being honest, helpful, and participating in discussions. Members here will take notice over time.I didnt meant to go on the trading way,but i was just curios...All i see in lately is just trade,trade,and more trade:(....
So i realy hope that trade isnt only way:ermm:

u r on right path mate , stuck to it.

fOrUmAs
03-05-2008, 10:22 PM
I just wana ask,is trade any way that someone could get some high level trackers????

sometimes the only way to get high lvl trackers is by tradering and that is true (but im not one of them anyway) but i do understand that sometimes it is the only way

Nemrod
03-05-2008, 10:42 PM
Free will, everybody must do what he like the most, then to deal with the consequences, good or bad.

This site is full of info about whatever you want. I only can give you that advice: do what you like more, but remember that once you are marked you won´t wash that tattoo easily. Here, once maybe too much times.

Night0wl
03-05-2008, 10:57 PM

sometimes the only way to get high lvl trackers is by tradering and that is true (but im not one of them anyway) but i do understand that sometimes it is the only way

I call bullshit :rolleyes:

I would rather say that by trading you exclude the option of ever being invited

Quoted for emphasis:

... remember that once you are marked you won´t wash that tattoo easily. Here, once maybe too much times.

Polarbear
03-05-2008, 11:11 PM
only in the last couple of days i saw quite a few people who got invited to trackers most of you dream of (the ones on the top of your beloved list).

none of them were traders. if they had been, they wouldn't even have gotten close to those invites.

i will post this for the very last time: you don't get the best sites via trading!

kaffeine
03-05-2008, 11:25 PM
Couldn't be more wrong.

It may seem the fastest way in, but it's also the fastest way out (and not only in that super duper high level site, but all of them).

Opposite to what the majority believes, the BT community is exactly that, a community, and a very closed one especially on those that have a small userbase. Everyone pretty much knows everyone else.

So by trading you're ruining your chances of getting into those sites you desire the most. Staff talk to each other, and once you're found out to be trading, many of your accounts will go bye bye.

SgtMajor
03-05-2008, 11:37 PM
Free will, everybody must do what he like the most, then to deal with the consequences, good or bad.

This site is full of info about whatever you want. I only can give you that advice: do what you like more, but remember that once you are marked you won´t wash that tattoo easily. Here, once maybe too much times.

Eggsactly, you makes your own choices in life based upon the knowledge you have at your disposal, 10 ways to skin a rabbit, you have been shown all 10 ways, which one do you choose as your way of skinning that rabbit?

You can always choose another way to skin it & cook it if you don't like the choice you made to start with, we all make mistakes and have to live with the consequences, and it's never to late to learn from the errors of our ways, as long as we do learn that lesson of course and not just ignore it.

Don't let people tell you what to do, be strong enough to make your own decisions, as long as you can stand by them once made.

And above all, torrenting is all about fun & enjoyment in getting what we want, so remember to have some fun along your journey.

Kapone
03-06-2008, 02:06 AM
The best advice I can offer is to be patient. Good things come to those who earn it. I have had several offers to trade some of my accounts. But it never really felt right doing that. Good offers too. Example I had an offer to trade my bitmetv account for Sct invite. Although I really want to be a member of Sct I was not willing to trade my bitmetv account. It Just wasn't the correct thing to do for me. I'll earn my Sct invite as i did my other invites. But only thru time and trust..... Good luck on your path to the top.. *Jumping off soapbox*
:whistling

pro267
03-06-2008, 02:48 AM
That is total and utter crap.
The way to get into the sites you want to be a member of is through friendships. Sure, sometimes there are glitches and some manage to slip under the radar, but tbh if they got in that way then they're probably too retarded to make real friendships and get in through the front door. The average membership timespan of such members on the most sought after sites is usually quite short because they simply don't fit in, for the reasons mentioned above.

Annoyed
03-06-2008, 02:55 AM
There's no way that I'm trading here. For one thing I'm sure there are tons of people that only want a particular site for bragging rights, and will probably never use the account. And another, I'm sure there are tons that don't know how to keep a ratio. And the last reason, tracker staff are all over this place. So it's a good chance I'll get caught and banned if I try to trade or giveaway.

There's not many sites I need(FTN & E is all I want, having everything else that I need), so I'm hoping to get into the sites I do need just from making friends here. I'm sure someone would rather invite a person that looks trustworthy, then a person that is constantly trading invites and accounts.

1000possibleclaws
03-06-2008, 02:58 AM
There's no way that I'm trading here. For one thing I'm sure there are tons of people that only want a particular site for bragging rights, and will probably never use the account. And another, I'm sure there are tons that don't know how to keep a ratio. And the last reason, tracker staff are all over this place. So it's a good chance I'll get caught and banned if I try to trade or giveaway.

There's not many sites I need(FTN & E is all I want, having everything else that I need), so I'm hoping to get into the sites I do need just from making friends here. I'm sure someone would rather invite a person that looks trustworthy, then a person that is constantly trading invites and accounts.

judging from your userbars you already are a member at alot of sites. so much for 'there's not many sites i need' lol

Annoyed
03-06-2008, 03:14 AM
Yeah. And I'll be honest, I actually came and created an account to trade. But then I looked around, and this place is big. I'm sure there are tons of regulars(which I haven't really been here long enough to spot them yet, I see you T.S.O.L. a lot though)that are trustworthy enough to give invites to.

But...since they are regulars, they probably have all they want, or close to it. So a giveaway from me to them probably isn't needed, since I'm sure they have everything I have. And to the people that only post here and there that put up Request threads, I just can't bring myself to trusting. I'm fearful of my accounts if I give to them. They can post all the positive ratio screens they want, but it doesn't mean they won't screw you over.

So after I'm here for a few months, and get to know some people, that's when I'll do my requests. Until then, I'm pretty much just here to chat it up with the rest of you.

grimms
03-06-2008, 06:04 AM

If I could mention some of the trackers I have I would, but that would be violating site rules, so that won't be happening. You'll only get respect and possibly invited to trackers (With dignity) If you do not trade accounts. BEGINER? If your trading or thinking about it, stop now. No need to go that route if you've not already done so.

Just earn peoples respect, help out, be honest, then tracker staff and other great members on this board will notice you and may even extend you invites to a tracker of interest. Trust me I never traded, to get where I want to go. Obviously if it's a tracker that is closed with no invites, then there is a reason for that and I wouldn't bother at all. There are other trackers, that would make a great replacement.:)

SAM
03-06-2008, 08:26 AM
don't trade

sokrates
03-06-2008, 10:54 AM
agreeing completely with pro267, there is no tracker you cant be a member of, if you fit in. for some trackers that means you have to know someone.. i mean the sysop always can do whatever he wants :P
my advise is just not to trade.. you wont have to worry about getting deleted from a tracker for that stupid reason.. and you cant be scammed..
and if you want to give an acc away, be sure to contact the staff first, so you know whether you are allowed to do so or not.. remember that you are always only a guest there ;)

BEGINER
03-06-2008, 11:22 AM
Yeah i agree...I am also anti trader,but unfortunately for good trackers i only see trades...Dont get me wrong,i didnt try to get some high level trackers(i got RevTT and TL)and thats all i need for now...But long time ago,i didnt saw in giveaway section that somebody give stronger trackers,only trade this for that,and stuff like that...So i was curios...That is only reason that i start this topic...Because i rather want be part of BitmeTV:((example),then to be a part the like shall trade:noes:

sokrates
03-06-2008, 11:35 AM
well i guess, if you made a friend he will pm you on a site or in irc to invite you to a speshal site.. there is not necessarily the need of fst for that. and i guess thats why you dont see tons of threads on this topic here ;)

The Wanderer
03-06-2008, 01:02 PM
I have nothing against people who trade, it's their way to get what they want. They can take the easy path also the faster path or can take the "harder" path. But let me tell you this: trading is not always the safer path. Yep, there is a downside to trading.

There is always a high risk to trade your invites with a bad user or worse a cheater and that move will jeopardize your account.

Some trackers will remove your invites, other trackers will ban your account and worse of all some trackers will ban your account and IP.

Having a dynamic IP won't help you that much, you'll be constantly on a run to get back in.

This is only for one individual. Multiply that by 100 or 1000 and you'll have the explanation why trackers ban whole IP ranges or even worse whole countries.

In the end it's your decision, but think about it for awhile before taking it. ;)

Nemrod
03-06-2008, 02:08 PM
Yeah i agree...I am also anti trader,but unfortunately for good trackers i only see trades...Dont get me wrong,i didnt try to get some high level trackers(i got RevTT and TL)and thats all i need for now...But long time ago,i didnt saw in giveaway section that somebody give stronger trackers,only trade this for that,and stuff like that...So i was curios...That is only reason that i start this topic...Because i rather want be part of BitmeTV:((example),then to be a part the like shall trade:noes:

Nobody is gonna tell you in public: Hey, tell me your mail, I´ll send you a BitMeTV (or any high level) invite.
But believe me, one day you receive a PM, sometimes a guy you hardly remember have read some post of him, and voilá!! miracle done.
All you need is that somebody likes you, the way you are, your background... sites give invites, invites are no cookies, I can´t eat them, so I have to give them, the only thing needed is to find the person that fits, somebody who makes that place a little better and who is not going to screw my reputation or jeopardize my membership.
Most users who have access to invites in high levels and closed community based trackers are old and very good users, or staff, usually they don´t need anything you or me may have, they are in the phase of give, they only expect in change the pride of recruit a valuable member.

grimms
03-06-2008, 02:23 PM
But long time ago,i didnt saw in giveaway section that somebody give stronger trackers,only trade this for that,and stuff like that...So i was curios...That is only reason that i start this topic...Because i rather want be part of BitmeTV:(

Honestly? You won't see alot of giveaway's at all from the top sites (If any at all). Most of the top sites have a huge community structure. People barely care about the torrent aspect of it. Don't get me wrong people will request torrents they want, but community comes first. Most of those trackers don't allow their name to be mentioned. But for some, reason most break that rule anyways. Well technically speaking. Most of the people who break that rule, are ones that are not members of the site, sot hey really don't know any better.

Nobody is gonna tell you in public: Hey, tell me your mail, I´ll send you a BitMeTV (or any high level) invite.
But believe me, one day you receive a PM, sometimes a guy you hardly remember have read some post of him, and voilá!! miracle done.
All you need is that somebody likes you, the way you are, your background... sites give invites, invites are no cookies, I can´t eat them, so I have to give them, the only thing needed is to find the person that fits, somebody who makes that place a little better and who is not going to screw my reputation or jeopardize my membership.
Most users who have access to invites in high levels and closed community based trackers are old and very good users, or staff, usually they don´t need anything you or me may have, they are in the phase of give, they only expect in change the pride of recruit a valuable member.

Exactly. Thats how I have gotten into the most exclusive trackers. Some felt I was valuable and could contribute. That's really it, nothing more, nothing less. It takes extreme trust and patience. Remember the inviter is tied to the invitee and his invite tree, for the lifetime of his or her membership(Account).

mera
03-06-2008, 03:14 PM
Both are permitted here and of course you have the freedom to choose what you want. For me personally, I don't trade and I have managed to get invited to trackers by getting to know and making friends on here and sometimes out of blue by generous members.

GOOLOOMGOOLOOM
03-06-2008, 03:52 PM
trading is one little thing that makes me exited !!! yeah baby yeah

SCR
03-06-2008, 04:29 PM

With that face on your avatar ... i am not surprised that nothing else "Excites" you.

BEGINER
03-06-2008, 04:36 PM

With that face on your avatar ... i am not surprised that nothing else "Excites" you.:lol::lol::lol:

grimms
03-06-2008, 04:47 PM

With that face on your avatar ... i am not surprised that nothing else "Excites" you.

:lol:

King of kings
03-06-2008, 04:55 PM
Never traded! I hate traders.

dunson
03-06-2008, 04:59 PM
I've got nothing to trade, but I got into a few sweet places. So it's possible.

xJohnxSmithx
03-06-2008, 08:38 PM
I am 100% sure that if i had trading in my history, the staff at fsc would never have invited me to their tracker. I'm 99.99% sure that my inviter at ftn would have told me to screw off if he saw any signs of trading in my history. That said, choose your path wisely. Same goes with sct bitmetv... I know when i give any invites away. I only select from a pool of non-traders. To protect myself from being banned at any of my trackers.
in response to your comment " latley i see only trade this,trade that"
Recently fst has taken a bold step against people giving good advice to help the traders here. They are calling it spam when you try to give advice so a lot of community minded people have left to find more "tracker rule" friendly environments.
cheers

grimms
03-07-2008, 12:32 AM
I am 100% sure that if i had trading in my history, the staff at fsc would never have invited me to their tracker. I'm 99.99% sure that my inviter at ftn would have told me to screw off if he saw any signs of trading in my history. That said, choose your path wisely.
cheers

:yup: